Author Topic: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - GAME END  (Read 45361 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - Day 2 (Player 1's Turn)
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2014, 12:56:41 AM »
I think I should shut my dirty mouth because I can't make decisions this game.

I can always change my mind later though, so again, for the sake of hopefully having some kind of choice instead of outright "yeah zak's dead meat"

##Unvote ##Vote Raikaria
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2014, 01:00:50 AM »
I think a Raikaria lynch is viable.

No thank you, saving me really isn't worth Raikaria since I think he has the better chance of convincing everyone to go after Dan tomorrow.

But if people do go down that route for some reason, then I'll take it over a NL (Which I don't think it going to happen with me at L-2.)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2014, 01:05:27 AM »
speaking of pressure, I don't think Dan actually answered my question about the difference between CF7's mind change and why he saw it as scummy compared to other players who have done the same type of mind change in shorter time spans.
That I'm having a real bad run this game, which to be honest I already am.
At this point I'm going to switch gears and ##Unvote: Sky Paladin
##Vote: ActionDan

I think I'm starting to agree with the fact that his vote and wagon start on CF7 was too forced. His only real reason for voting CF7 was the fact that he backed down on his vote on Dormio after Dan had encouraged him to make it, and Dan has shown in later posts that he was able to forgive blatant contradiction in peoples posts on account of them being allowed to change their minds. Basically he's forced out logic that he doesn't believe in to get CF7 lynched.

Comparing the contradictions of CF7 and Sky Paladin is comparing apples to oranges.  Sky stated that both Dormio and Serela were scummy with Serela being scummy for thinking Dormio was scummy (tunneling all game) which is the source of the contradiction.  I thought that apparent contradiction was acceptable.  CF7 dropped the Dormio vote arbitrarily after calling Dormio bad because Dormio got to L-1, and then called him town.  That I found unacceptable.  The time difference only strengthens the disparity because in 27 posts worth of content none were discussed inbetween CF7's change of opinion.

I didn't particularly expect anything more than this from Zak though.  it's obviously the only attempt at a cw he has.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2014, 01:07:14 AM »
Can't Believe This Is Happening Again Vote Count:

ActionDan (2): Raikaria, Zakeri L-2
Raikaria (2): Dormio, Serela L-2
Zakeri (2): Dr Rawr, ActionDan L-2

Not Voting (1): Sky Paladin
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Like 2 hours left.

ActionDan

« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2014, 01:07:28 AM »
Actually he could have chosen to go Raikaria I suppose.  possible 3 votes there + maybe serela

Don't lynch me.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2014, 01:10:26 AM »
Zak, while what you are saying is music to my ears, you're actually responding to Dormio and myself, and not really establishing why you're voting for Dan. 

I don't blame Sky for voting me earlier, since two hours is kind of a long time to wait for a post.

Actually, it was more like 24 hours. 

I unvoted because you were at L-1, we had a lot of activity all of a sudden, and I didn't want a surprise hammer to drop. 

I feel like your surprise last minute appearance is more of a not me over me vote, which I can't support a lynch on Dan with at this stage. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

ActionDan

« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2014, 01:14:48 AM »
I sorta want to test to see if Zak immediately hammers if I were to vote Raikaria right now.  If I were Scum!Zak and Raikaria was town, I'd do it.

Don't lynch me.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2014, 01:17:49 AM »
Dormio, the case on Zak -

Dan's case
Rawr's case

I don't have a specific case.  I think he has poor interactions and is detached from the game and shown low effort.  I agreed with what Bard said on day 1.  Bard also hammered you and I in this same post, coincidentally. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

ActionDan

« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2014, 01:26:45 AM »
I'll be back approx. 1/2 hour to deadline

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2014, 01:29:19 AM »
The Short of it is that I feel like Raikaria's case makes more sense, and that it's true that a majority of Dan's arguments against CF7 were just wagon urgings and a few points that look good but don't flow together. I don't see what the difference is that made CF7's mind change unacceptable when Sky's was. For the record, I think both of those shifts in thought were reasonable town reactions, and I feel like CF7's was more reasonable because it was a standard paranoia reaction to seeing a wagon grow so fast. Stating that logically it doesn't make sense doesn't work because human feeling doesn't always have to coincide with logic, and even if you did adhere to that, Sky's switch would be even worse because the logic was headbutting up against itself, rather than CF7's switch. I feel like Dan's decided it arbitrarily, and it was the only real point Dan had against CF7.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #340 on: June 11, 2014, 01:50:22 AM »
I think we need claims from Zak and Dan.  Raikaria already claimed VT. 

Dormio, what do you think? 

I kind of feel that if I voted for anybody, Serela will just hammer them. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2014, 01:53:09 AM »
Because clearly with several people townreading me I should just claim scum while in no danger of being lynched.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2014, 01:57:36 AM »
I won't stop you if you want to go ahead :3  But I was referring to Zak and Dan, actually. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2014, 02:12:01 AM »
That's not the part of your post I meant. ;_;

« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2014, 02:12:10 AM »
Vanilla Town.

I think Serela was referring to quickhammering, not roleclaiming.

ActionDan

« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2014, 02:16:45 AM »
I see no need to claim.  back in 15 min

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2014, 02:28:17 AM »
So deadline is in 30 minutes, I think? We obviously are lynching -someone-, so, can we at least get them at l-1 so I can make sure someone is hammered?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2014, 02:29:04 AM »
I actually forgot I'm still voting, but Zakeri is most likely the one getting lynched anyway (and I'm not voting him atm), so w/e

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2014, 02:34:16 AM »
Alright.  Here's my dilemma. 

Let's look at this vote count again - day 1. 
23 hours out. 
ActionDan (1): Zakeri
Zakeri (1): Raikaria
Sky Paladin (1): NNR
Serela (2): Bardiche, Dormio
Dormio (3): ActionDan, CF7, Serela L-2
Bardiche (1): Sky Paladin

13 hours out. 
Dormio (4): ActionDan, CF7, Serela, Sky Paladin L-1
ActionDan (2): Zakeri, Raikaria
Serela (2): Bardiche, Dormio

6 hours out. 
Dormio (2): ActionDan, Serela
ActionDan (3): Zakeri, Raikaria, CF7
Serela (1): Dormio
Zakeri (1): Bardiche
NNR (1): Sky Paladin

2 hours out. 
ActionDan (3): Zakeri, Raikaria, CF7 L-2
NNR (2): Sky Paladin, ActionDan
Dormio (1): Serela
CF7 (1): Dormio

1 hour out. 
Sky Paladin (2): NNR, Serela
NNR (1): ActionDan
Dormio (1): Sky Paladin
CF7 (1): Dormio

40 minutes out. 
Sky Paladin (3): NNR, Serela, Bardiche L-2
CF7 (3): Dormio, ActionDan, Sky Paladin L-2

Day 1 end
CF7 (4): Dormio, ActionDan, Sky Paladin, Bardiche L-1
Sky Paladin (2): NNR, Serela

Now here we are. 
Zakeri (2): Dr Rawr, ActionDan L-2

My thoughts are:
If Raikaria is scum, from my analysis earlier, his most likely buddy is Zak.  Those two have voted together for the whole game, except for a brief period where Zak was voting me. 
It also ruled out Raikaria as a consolidate option for Zak when he saw himself at L-1 today. 

If Dormio is scum, his most likely buddies are Dan or Serela, but Serela is not up for lynch, so he could easily have consolidated on to Zak or Dan by now without issue.  However, we can't rule out Serela as scum, because she has town cleared Dan and won't vote for Dan. 

If Dan was scum, his most likely buddies are Serela or Dormio, but those two are not up for lynch.  Therefore he could easily consolidate on to Raikaria or Zak, because I refuse to believe scum!Dan could be buddies with either of those two. 

If Rawr is scum I have no idea who his buddy is but since there are three people up for lynch and none of them are him, it's safe to say he could have consolidated on to Rai or Dan if the other one was his buddy. 

If I was scum, I would happily hop on to whichever of Zak or Rai was not my buddy, since a lynch of Dan is too difficult. 

I think that's everybody. 

Therefore, I'm leaning to a Zak lynch at this stage.  Dormio, you want to pull my stuff apart and come to another opinion?

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

ActionDan

« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2014, 02:36:35 AM »
The Short of it is that I feel like Raikaria's case makes more sense, and that it's true that a majority of Dan's arguments against CF7 were just wagon urgings and a few points that look good but don't flow together. I don't see what the difference is that made CF7's mind change unacceptable when Sky's was. For the record, I think both of those shifts in thought were reasonable town reactions, and I feel like CF7's was more reasonable because it was a standard paranoia reaction to seeing a wagon grow so fast. Stating that logically it doesn't make sense doesn't work because human feeling doesn't always have to coincide with logic, and even if you did adhere to that, Sky's switch would be even worse because the logic was headbutting up against itself, rather than CF7's switch. I feel like Dan's decided it arbitrarily, and it was the only real point Dan had against CF7.

Should I have voted Sky instead? I'll vote the guy with 2 posts demonstrating an arbitrary thought process based off of non-content narrative causality anyday.  I still think Sky's two points headbutting were okay both separately and together.  And no, CF7's reaction was by no means standard anymore than if I or anyone else saw a scumsuspect of theirs rise to L-1 and suddenly felt the need to declare them town, which is ludicrous.     

Re: deadline panic.  If I have to I'll switch to raikaria, which is okay too. 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2014, 02:40:57 AM »
Serela can I ask again who your preferred lynch is. 

or a rough ordering of your suspects etc.

Don't lynch me.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2014, 02:42:21 AM »
Whereas I do agree if Zak is scum Raikaria is probably scum, Zak hasn't flipped yet so I don't feel like jumping to the hasty conclusion and lynching Rai right now.  Out of the two, Rai's been trying much harder, and I've been townreading him all game.  I'd rather lynch Zak. 

##Zakeri

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #352 on: June 11, 2014, 02:42:38 AM »
sigh

##vote Zakeri

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #353 on: June 11, 2014, 02:46:04 AM »
I already implied in an earlier post that voting Sky wasn't the answer to correcting the problem I have with your vote on CF7, it was not having such an arbitrary reasons as the only actual reason for your vote on CF7.

Can you at least explain to me how it's ludicrous to have that reaction and not just that it is?

« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2014, 02:47:01 AM »
Vote Count:

Zakeri (3): Dr Rawr, ActionDan, Sky Paladin L-1

Not Voting (0)
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

13 minutes left!!!

« Reply #355 on: June 11, 2014, 02:50:04 AM »
Oh well, I feel like kicking myself for even considering this, but not me over me I guess.

##Unvote
##Vote: Raikaria

Sorry.

ActionDan

« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2014, 02:50:41 AM »
Would you ever immediately declare someone you previously suspected to be town just because they hit L-1 as a reason alone.  I wouldn't. 

cut.  wat.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2014, 02:51:59 AM »
If it was early day one and my reason for believing they were scum was a thing that happens in/just after rvs, then yes.

« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2014, 02:53:09 AM »
I'm still hoping that someone it listening to me besides the guy I'm arguing with, I really liked to switch back to Dan if I could.

ActionDan

« Reply #359 on: June 11, 2014, 02:54:23 AM »
I admit it's tempting to fulfill Raikaria's own prophesy of getting lynched.  before while gone.

cut: the reason had been expanded upon past RVS.

Don't lynch me.