Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5  (Read 60202 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 5
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2014, 01:06:31 AM »
>Forgive me for sidetracking briefly, but... 'strongestsecondstrongest'? You used that term before, I believe. Is that some traditional title in your order?

>What are you talking about? I said no such thing.

« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2014, 01:08:18 AM »
>You said 'I may be the strongestsecondstrongest miko of this shrine', no?

« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2014, 01:20:23 AM »
>You said 'I may be the strongestsecondstrongest miko of this shrine', no?

>Byakuren, that phrase is nonsense. I said quite clearly that I was the second strong-strongest miko of my shrine. ... Didn't I?

« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2014, 01:23:16 AM »
>Second strong-strongest?

« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2014, 01:45:48 AM »
>Second strong-strongest?

>But I said... Pah, does it matter? Kiku snaps, switching suddenly from confusion to hot anger, only for a moment later to add, I'm sorry, I... I don't know why I snapped at you...

« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2014, 02:01:40 AM »
>I... I fear that I might. I may be wrong, and it would be nice if I were, but I am reminded unpleasantly of how Lily acted when questioned on Satori's behavior shortly after I spoke with the Metal Tiger - saying things she did not mean to say, or even fully realize she had. Can you try again to repeat what you believed that you said?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:22:12 AM by DracoOmega »

« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2014, 04:42:42 AM »
>I... I fear that I might. I may be wrong, and it would be nice if I were, but I am reminded unpleasantly of how Lily acted when questioned on Satori's behavior shortly after I spoke with the Metal Tiger - saying things she did not mean to say, or even fully realize she had. Can you try again to repeat what you believed that you said?

>What about Lily? Kiku asks. You say you have some knowledge about this? Say what you mean.

« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »
>Someone placed some kind of block in Lily's mind. When she tried to speak on oddness in Satori's recent behavior, instead she would insist that everything with her was normal and trustworthy - even if that had not been what she had meant to say a moment earlier. It seemed to confuse even her awareness of what she had intended to speak, as well as her memory, like some kind of fog. I assumed it was something of this nature that prevented you from remembering the incident with the sacred flame, but I wonder if there might still be other blocks remaining, even after that was removed.
>Or perhaps I'm leaping to conclusions - I don't know.

« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2014, 04:53:57 AM »
>Someone placed some kind of block in Lily's mind. When she tried to speak on oddness in Satori's recent behavior, instead she would insist that everything with her was normal and trustworthy - even if that had not been what she had meant to say a moment earlier. It seemed to confuse even her awareness of what she had intended to speak, as well as her memory, like some kind of fog. I assumed it was something of this nature that prevented you from remembering the incident with the sacred flame, but I wonder if there might still be other blocks remaining, even after that was removed.
>Or perhaps I'm leaping to conclusions - I don't know.

>The Metal miko emits a long, thoughtful growl. This... block, you say you found. Is it still in place?

« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2014, 04:56:50 AM »
>No, I removed it. If you were here in person, I could probably search to see if something similar might have happened to you.

« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2014, 04:59:34 AM »
>No, I removed it. If you were here in person, I could probably search to see if something similar might have happened to you.

>That should not be necessary. Kiku replies quickly. Maybe a little too quickly?

« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2014, 05:00:38 AM »
>Oh?

« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2014, 05:12:42 AM »
>Why would it not be necessary? Surely, even if I am wrong, it is worth checking to be sure?

« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2014, 05:14:40 AM »
>Why would it not be necessary? Surely, even if I am wrong, it is worth checking to be sure?

>Checking into what?

« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2014, 05:16:33 AM »
>This doesn't sound very promising...
>Where are you right now, anyway? I think I'd rather speak face-to-face if that's possible?

« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2014, 05:59:21 AM »
>This doesn't sound very promising...
>Where are you right now, anyway? I think I'd rather speak face-to-face if that's possible?

>In the pool building of your school. I have nearly finished my experiments.

« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2014, 12:11:14 PM »
>With positive results, I hope?

« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2014, 03:17:45 AM »
>With positive results, I hope?

>I believe so. I have been somewhat limited by this location, but I believe I have learned as much as I need for tonight. Enough so that no one at the shrine should notice anything different about my powers, at the very least.

« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2014, 10:51:16 AM »
>That is good to hear. I shall be over your way shortly, then.
>"Rin, I fear there may be something of a problem."

« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2014, 07:04:43 PM »
>That is good to hear. I shall be over your way shortly, then.
>"Rin, I fear there may be something of a problem."

>As you wish, but I do ask you be quick. I would like to return to the shrine before too much longer.
>In the interim, Rin has finished her domestic shore, and is now reclining in one of your living room chairs in her feline form. She looks up at you when you speak aloud.

« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2014, 07:09:37 PM »
>Of course.
>"I'm worried someone may have done something to Kiku's mind, just as was done to Lily's. She was acting strangely when questioned on certain topics, saying things she immediately did not remember saying and then explicitly said made no sense, only to forget about it shortly thereafter. I need to go see her in person, just to be sure."

« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2014, 01:37:20 AM »
>Of course.
>"I'm worried someone may have done something to Kiku's mind, just as was done to Lily's. She was acting strangely when questioned on certain topics, saying things she immediately did not remember saying and then explicitly said made no sense, only to forget about it shortly thereafter. I need to go see her in person, just to be sure."

>Rin stands and stretches grandly, like any proper cat would. She then hops off her chair, transforming back to her humanoid form in mid-leap to land on her feet. "Do you need me to come along?"

« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2014, 01:41:56 AM »
>"Not unless you wish to, I think. I don't believe there should be any danger involved here, but planning an infiltration of the shrine while I cannot entirely trust what Kiku says about it sounds potentially very dangerous. I need to be sure."

« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2014, 02:38:03 AM »
>"Not unless you wish to, I think. I don't believe there should be any danger involved here, but planning an infiltration of the shrine while I cannot entirely trust what Kiku says about it sounds potentially very dangerous. I need to be sure."

>Rin nods. "Just one thing, Byakuren. Is she still at the school?"

« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2014, 02:40:48 AM »
>"Yes. By the pool, she says."
>Frown slightly
>"I do hope it isn't too difficult to slip inside at this point, but if it turns out so, I assume we can just meet up somewhere nearby. We would need some privacy, but there are other places to find that."

« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2014, 02:47:37 AM »
>"Yes. By the pool, she says."
>Frown slightly
>"I do hope it isn't too difficult to slip inside at this point, but if it turns out so, I assume we can just meet up somewhere nearby. We would need some privacy, but there are other places to find that."

>"Let me check." Rin offers. Moving past you, she opens up the front door and stick her head outside, her ears twitching for a moment before she pulls back in. "I don't hear anythin' like cops from that way, but ain't a guarantee they're all gone."

« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2014, 02:50:11 AM »
>"No. Well, we'll see. It's hardly suspicious to walk by one's own school. I can figure out the rest on the fly."

« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2014, 03:04:29 AM »
>"No. Well, we'll see. It's hardly suspicious to walk by one's own school. I can figure out the rest on the fly."

>"Okay." Your Rin taps the side of her head. "Just gimme a ring if you need a distraction, or somethin'."

« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2014, 03:27:45 AM »
>"Of course. Let's hope all goes well - I'll let you know, either way."
>Let's get bundled up nice and warm again and head back to the school