Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons  (Read 125059 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »
Man I love having a reliable strategy for collecting dub-mythlits. I've got like five or six of them now! And I have all the dub-amelits I need for ultimate evolving Love Deity Venus once I evolve her the first time.

Also got a vampire on my first try. Fuck yeah I finally have a heart converter o/

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2014, 11:08:11 PM »
In Touhou, Tsukuyomi is male. This is a Touhou board, so he is male.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2014, 11:11:02 PM »
One ult evo is male, the other is female :V
so uh which is which :V

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2014, 11:18:15 PM »
who even cares I just know I want one :(

On the other hand I'm gonna have Love Deity Chaos Venus soon so that will be sufficient :3c

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2014, 11:32:07 PM »
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=990 is the female version, the other one's male

« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2014, 11:46:52 PM »
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=990 is the female version, the other one's male
lol the sword is different in the icon and the full picture

in the icon you can see the blade but in the full picture there's purple shit flying everywhere :V

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2014, 11:48:11 PM »
lol the sword is different in the icon and the full picture

in the icon you can see the blade but in the full picture there's purple shit flying everywhere :V

Probably because the purple shit wouldn't look good since you wouldn't really be able to tell that it's a sword. It's obvious that it's a sword in the full art, but it wouldn't in the icon.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2014, 12:36:14 AM »
aaaand they're being buffed AGAIN

now it's 2.5x for 5 orbs, 3x for 6, 3.5x for 7, and 4x for 8.

still out on it

5 orbs is okay but that's really weak at that point, and their big damage is pretty inconsistent

honestly i'd say they're pretty poor for burst and too gimmicky

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2014, 08:24:49 AM »
still out on it

5 orbs is okay but that's really weak at that point, and their big damage is pretty inconsistent

honestly i'd say they're pretty poor for burst and too gimmicky

Not to mention the ability is counter-synergistic with most of the other spike damage leads like any of the Egyptians, Chinese Gods, combo gods, etc...

On the plus side, Andromeda and Pandora are both mega-cute I guess?

Chaore

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2014, 09:22:23 AM »
Not to mention the ability is counter-synergistic with most of the other spike damage leads like any of the Egyptians, Chinese Gods, combo gods, etc...

On the plus side, Andromeda and Pandora are both mega-cute I guess?

I don't think that even matters- with Burst, generally your best matchup and best case scenario is with yourself (The exception being isis because she's bottom-tier, she syncs better with others because their more powerful abilities allow hers to back theirs up, technically, but that's inefficient overall)- and with themselves, they're still gimicky and trash.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »
With Isis and another egyptian/chinese lead, you can choose between 3x and 12-16x rather than choosing between 1x and 16-25x, which can be useful.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Chaore

« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »
With Isis and another egyptian/chinese lead, you can choose between 3x and 12-16x rather than choosing between 1x and 16-25x, which can be useful.

Not...really? there's few situations you want 3x other than 'whoops I fucked the hell up, good thing isis is covering my back'. So it's the 'i suck at this game help plz' teams, basically.

Or when you need better than isis. :v

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2014, 11:03:10 AM »
I don't think that even matters- with Burst, generally your best matchup and best case scenario is with yourself (The exception being isis because she's bottom-tier, she syncs better with others because their more powerful abilities allow hers to back theirs up, technically, but that's inefficient overall)- and with themselves, they're still gimicky and trash.

I'd argue that it also largely depends on your playstyle and proficiency with the particular method. Bastet can pair well with the other combo gods in a similar 'scaling up' matter if you can hit those higher comboes. Bastet is basically the village bicycle when it comes to good pairings.

On another note, there wouldn't happen to be any Dark Metatron users out there, would there?  :ohdear:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »
Not...really? there's few situations you want 3x other than 'whoops I fucked the hell up, good thing isis is covering my back'. So it's the 'i suck at this game help plz' teams, basically.

Or when you need better than isis. :v

Nah. It's mainly the "I can't stall on all three of these guys, so I'll only kill two of them" that the different multiplier comes in handy. If you really need to kill something big. Isis by herself isn't saving you.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »
i may or may not have dropped 2 dollars on stones to grind my way through king ruby dragons but

it's here

and fully awakened too

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2014, 09:20:45 PM »

where and how did you hear this? Just curious.

I could have guessed the darker one was female though since I attract darks =P.

Anyway, haven't been playing much, prob wont either for awhile, steam sale made me buy so many goodies, if I'm not playing them at home, I'm researching them when I'm not home! =P. Imma hit near level cap to double up on that super gold dragon tomorrow though.

Speaking of which my next goal should be to level in general, I'm at 88 stamina and am kinda close to the point where I can run 2 supers per day instead of 1 (without levels).

« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2014, 09:23:03 PM »
Valk fully evolved yay

except then it turns out super gold kings is tomorrow and i wasted some super blue kings on her >_>

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2014, 09:56:57 PM »
Help I evo'd my Suzaku but I have too many of the decent Suzaku subs wat do

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2014, 10:23:11 PM »
sub 1: echidna obviously
sub 2 (green): asgard, top droid
sub 3 (light): apollo, verche, kirin, Ammy?
sub 4: homuhomu, gigas

for sub 2, asgard is generally better but droid has it's obvious niche for friday dungeons and neptunes. he has low rcv but ecchi and the light sub can fill the void
for sub 3, orb changers apollo and verche are good for killing dark orbs, apollo especially since he has better stats and changes dark+heart, kirin is good for bosses, ammy because its ammy and has >9000 rcv
for sub 4, homu+apollo/verche will get rid of all blue/dark orbs and leave you with nothing but good stuff, gigas can work but then you have terrible rcv. you can try angelion as your green sub+gigas to change dark orbs to fire but eh

you're best bet is probably:
Suzaku, Echidna, Asgard, Apollo, Homura

stats might be kinda on the low side because everyone is low level

if you have a mikumiku leek then that could replace asgard for lots of rcv but then your HP would be terrible
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:25:18 PM by Suikama »

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2014, 10:34:18 PM »
Yeah whatever I end up running with I'm gonna start dumping some XP into like I did with my blue team for a while. I extremely tentatively had down Echidna/Gigas/Angelion/Homuhomu but yeah your plan is probably better. :V

Having a Suzaku and the existance of busty Gigas now though does mean I'll probably work towards evolving my Gigas after all especially since he gets light secondary, then I can build my extra Gigas up in case I need the 100 more RCV or the lower cost.

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2014, 10:45:20 PM »
oh yeah if you ult gigas (busty is such a silly term (unless its a female and they actually get bustier :V)) then you could do a sorta mono fire kinda team with Suzaku, Gigas, Homu, Apollo, and then whatever you want for the final

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2014, 10:46:33 PM »
oh yeah if you ult gigas (busty is such a silly term (unless its a female and they actually get bustier :V))

It isssssssssssssssssss but I kinda like it anyway

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2014, 11:12:12 PM »
You can always throw in Takemina for dual orb enhancement, though maybe not immediately.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2014, 11:17:29 PM »
Yeah this was just more a matter of "what is in my box right now" :V

« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2014, 11:18:52 PM »
Takemina is today though so you technically could get one and have a super good suzaku team :V

« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2014, 11:30:45 PM »
Takemina is today though so you technically could get one and have a super good suzaku team :V

pffffffffft yeah ri---

* Arashi Kurobambi looks at suggested teams

... actually maybe I could I have most of the stuff for that Hermes team. >_> All I'd really be missing out on if I try and fail is more rubies anyway.

« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2014, 11:37:10 PM »
also its pretty easy to beat on legend because tricolor

« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2014, 11:45:25 PM »
also its pretty easy to beat on legend because tricolor

Yeah I think I'm gonna take a Bastet friend instead of a Kushi friend because 1) I'm not sure I have any Kushi but I do have several Bastets (this is the main point really :V) and 2) while sadly she doesn't cap nearly as high she does at least get buffed by Hermes.

If I do turn out to have any Kushi friends I'll bring her though.

EDIT: or lol yeah a lot of the Legend suggestions are just basic-ass mono-blue (though I don't have a Hera-Is so I have to straight up burst the last bit)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:52:21 PM by Arashi Kurobambi »

« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2014, 11:56:49 PM »
you could also use my isis since it is a no wood dungeon :derp:

« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2014, 11:58:31 PM »
you could also use my isis since it is a no wood dungeon :derp:

Yeah true between Hermes and Siegfried I do cover all 3 colors with my blue team. I'd just been looking at the suggestion on Mythical near the top of the suggestions and that has Kushi (presumably just for the combo scaling since that's easy in tricolor)