Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 66138 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #510 on: November 23, 2013, 12:44:16 AM »
Zakeri you better have a cool post ready for when night ends. (I'm pretty sure scum aren't so afraid of our QT that they'll kill you >_>)

But yeah if one of you jerks hammers Zak over AD I will be so >:C at you.

15 minutes left by the way.

Cut by what? Zakeri you've seen me say so many times in there that the QT means nothing as to our alignments! It doesn't! >:T
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #511 on: November 23, 2013, 12:46:48 AM »
Zakeri why haven't you even claimed in the thread yet?

He's my neighbor. He's also the neighbor encryptor, which means when he dies the QT will end.

He hasn't been much better in the QT until like the past few hours, or something.

But for some reason half the time he actually bothers to open his mouth he says things I don't think he'd be saying if he was scum. Especially scum that was practically lying down and dying at this point.

He also said he was going to buckle down and get stuff done now, after I (note, I, not him) started asking him if he'd actually get any better if I moved my vote >_> Because I started going back to those silly things I thought he was town for. Because he kept doing them.

CAN WE LYNCH DAN YET

What but but but
Zakeri why would you wait until L-1 to still not claim this at all

...This would kind of be a pretty bad loss if it's true, but it's just so fishy the way this NEVER came up until the very last minute despite at least two people, maybe more, knowing about this beforehand. Probably equal to Dan-miller-claim levels of fishy.

And cut by him now actually talking about it ugh why
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #512 on: November 23, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »
Zakeri is stupid, but ActionDan still needs to die anyway and at least Zak is promising he's about to do things!

Also you have my word which is totally not absolutely worthless maybe *cough cough cough*
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #513 on: November 23, 2013, 12:49:52 AM »
Well, I do remember you saying that, after all, Serela.
I only claimed in the quicktopic about fifteen minutes ago, and I never really intended to claim either, they both kind of dug it out of me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #514 on: November 23, 2013, 12:50:08 AM »
I could explain why Zakeri is town better (I really could) if we didn't have literally like 10 minutes before deadline.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #515 on: November 23, 2013, 12:50:45 AM »
Zakeri might have been intimidated by how much I've been saying that this QT is nothing but suffering >_>

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #516 on: November 23, 2013, 12:51:32 AM »
So right now my stance is that I think Dan probably shouldn't be lynched, but I also don't want Zakeri lynched anymore, and I also want to get better at not waffling so I DO want to lynch one of the two. This is not the best.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #517 on: November 23, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »
Cheez, think about this part! So many other people will be happy to see Dan lynched. This is totally not a stupid reason to lynch Dan. Maybe.

...maybe. I'm kind of grasping, here, there's only a few minutes so I don't have time for real reasons.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #518 on: November 23, 2013, 12:53:11 AM »
It's five minutes to deadline. 

Does the neighbourhood encryptor...necessarily...mean a town-only role?
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #519 on: November 23, 2013, 12:53:24 AM »
Why do you want to not lynch Dan?
*this is important to my reasoning above on who I think the scum are*

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #520 on: November 23, 2013, 12:54:59 AM »
SkyPaladin:No, it's not necessarily a town role. There's no mod confirmation it's actually what Zakeri's role is, either.

But I think Zakeri is town, and I think Dan shouldn't be allowed to live even whilst I had been advocating a Zak lynch earlier.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #521 on: November 23, 2013, 12:55:31 AM »
4 minutes by the way, seriously.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #522 on: November 23, 2013, 12:55:42 AM »
I only claimed in the quicktopic about fifteen minutes ago, and I never really intended to claim either, they both kind of dug it out of me.
You did heavily imply that you had something to do with its existence and I did kind of ask (hi I'm the final neighbor).

Anyway, lynching Zakeri wouldn't help people with alignments of others much while Dan's alignment would be helpful!  The fact that he's almost definitely scum makes this much better than Zakeri!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #523 on: November 23, 2013, 12:56:09 AM »
Appeal to Serela is a very valid scumstrat.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #524 on: November 23, 2013, 12:56:50 AM »
I don't suppose a nebulous reason will be very helpful, but TIME so here's my best attempt:

I honestly believe Dan is scum but I wanted him alive at the end of the day anyway. If he was alive tonight, I am fairly certain it would help me complete a win condition.
Honestly, though, it's still in my better interest to lynch scum (which is why I was going after people other than Dan) and since I'm wavering hardcore on Zakeri right now... welllllll

##Unvote
##Vote: ActionDan

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #525 on: November 23, 2013, 12:57:52 AM »
Actually, Dormio, Zakeri never appealed to me until I literally asked him like 10 minutes ago about stuff.

It was just stuff he was doing in general that wasn't any particularly relevant to me!

BUT HOORAY HAMMER I'LL SHUSH NOW

Re: An Untitled Mafia - Night 2
« Reply #526 on: November 23, 2013, 01:13:16 AM »
Night 2
ActionDan (7) - Schezo, Darkninjaabc, NekoNekoRex, I have no name, Zakeri, Serela, Cheez8 (Lynch!)
Zakeri (5) - Kilgamayan, Serious Bananas, ActionDan, Dormio, Sky_Paladin
Not Voting (0): None!

ActionDan, playing NightSpirit, Town Miller, got sequence broken!
Quote from: Abilities
Miller (Passive): You return as guilty to cop investigations.

You have 24 hours to send in your night actions.

Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #527 on: November 24, 2013, 01:55:38 AM »
Day 3
Serious Bananas, playing Bartholomew, Vanilla Townie, had his adventure put to a halt!

Dormio, playing ????????, ????????, just mysteriously vanished!

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to hammer. You have 72 hours to decide on a lynch.

« Reply #528 on: November 24, 2013, 02:08:53 AM »
I'm on post 185 of my full read right now

##Vote: Sky Paladin Top pick for scum right now. The way he withdrew his case on SB and had trouble making new cases reads typical of newbie-scum who haven't gotten the handle of how to make bullshit cases yet. I really like Kilga for being the only person to actually be able to call it out on him.

The flip is throwing me further off of my game because SB and Dormio were my second and third scum reads, but looking at my list so far, I guess I only really had gut on SB (And I have yet to get to when Dormio starts posting for real)

Cheez8 is almost definitely town in the way he handles trying to form cases and speaking to others about how scumreads work. I'd say he's very Newbie town compared to my vote for Sky for being the exact opposite.

Serela is also town, and my bestest buddie, so the rest of the team has to be hiding in posts I haven't read yet, which leaves NNR, Nameless, Darkie (Although I have a guttown read on him despite being certain he was itp), and Schezo.

I think that's everyone.

« Reply #529 on: November 24, 2013, 02:09:40 AM »
Also, Nameless do you know why you got banned from the Quicktopic for today?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #530 on: November 24, 2013, 02:09:50 AM »
WE'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT DORMIO WAS.

It'd be hilarious if BT died to an SK and Dan just happened to be a miller. >_>;

I'm really tired from work, and I need to ISO Neko to see if I agree with Kilga's case stuff on him or not. Zakeri you're gonna follow through on being better now right!? Also, obligatory reminder that early d2 I said I wasn't going to be around a lot during D3 because holiday rush at work.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #531 on: November 24, 2013, 02:11:12 AM »
oh hey zak posted <3 Considering he has over half of the game left to go in his reread it's promising so far.

« Reply #532 on: November 24, 2013, 02:13:19 AM »
I've been at this for 2 hours.
We had a Nano write-in scheduled for today, but my Mom decided not to go and took a nap instead and she was the one who knew when and where it was at so I got cheated out of my dedicated workspace.

Mario Remixs make it easier to swallow ;^;

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #533 on: November 24, 2013, 02:22:38 AM »
Then I'll wait to see the re-read before posting my judgement :D  Although I have to say, you had all night phase to do your read and typing.  Why wait until the day phase to start it again?

In response to your question at the end of day 2 - The reason I wanted to vote not-Dan was because I said around the middle of day 2 that I believed Dan's claim for miller.  I could have been pursuaded to voteswitch to Dan to save the neighbours QT but it all happened in literally the last few minutes of the thread and I didn't like it.  Scum knew Dan was town and probably telling the truth about miller so they probably would have wanted to push for a Zakeri lynch over Dan since they might get a power role, and town would always waste a lynch on Dan later in the game.  Dan got all the way to L-1 for quite some time but he wasn't hammered...then...Zakeri was at L-1 for a bit and he wasn't hammered. 

My feeling is that I can't understand why scum didn't hammer Zakeri, especially once he'd been identified as a role.  Given the chance for scum to kill a role over the miller, wouldn't they have gone for the role?  Especially if they could shut down the neighbours thread? 

Also two dead last night.  DNA, did you shoot SB?

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #534 on: November 24, 2013, 02:26:01 AM »
I was disabled overnight.  No abilities available to me, passive or active until a full cycle passes.

Schezo is a thing, Sky is a thing, beyond that I need to rethink a few of my reads but at least I don't have to look back at SB for slipping my mind constantly.  DNA though is still very guilty of this.

No time to do anything else tonight.
My feeling is that I can't understand why scum didn't hammer Zakeri, especially once he'd been identified as a role.  Given the chance for scum to kill a role over the miller, wouldn't they have gone for the role?  Especially if they could shut down the neighbours thread? 
Maybe the scum were on Zakeri already  :V

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #535 on: November 24, 2013, 02:26:46 AM »
Maybe the scum were on Zakeri already  :V
(disclaimer: this is not my belief right now but it is something that should be considered!)

« Reply #536 on: November 24, 2013, 02:36:08 AM »
Considering how much effort I put into finding a place to write without distractions and then failing to manage, I wouldn't exactly call it "Waiting" until day turned.

Scum don't really have that much control over the votes. They only have one vote per scum to use, and it's still early enough in the game that trying to look like a logical thinking townie takes higher priority than things like trying to go after specific roles.
That's actually worth looking into, now that I think about it. MY role only came about in the thread fifteen minutes before deadline, and the only people who posted since then were Sky, Dormio (who were already voting me), Serela, Nameless, Myself (Who were voting Dan) And Cheez8 (Who switched to Dan to prevent no-lynch)
If it weren't for Cheez8 being town, I would have self-hammered in the final minute of the day, so all the scum team had to do was wait and hope. If roles played any consideration in what scum decided, that just reinforces my decision to vote Sky and read everyone else as town.

Cut by Nameless: That explains it (The disabled I mean, not the scum already on me bit as much as I'd love to use that).

« Reply #537 on: November 24, 2013, 02:38:04 AM »
Also, I'm going to continue to assume there are three mafia in the game, regardless of how likely it was that Dormio was one of them.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #538 on: November 24, 2013, 02:42:06 AM »
Zakeri, because you literally waited until the last ten minutes of the day to declare (and even then, Serela had to do it) you basically denied anybody a chance to come to a decision and switch their vote.  Kilga had even said he was unable to change his vote because he was leaving only twenty minutes before time was up.  It's too much to expect everybody to suddenly come on in the last thirty minutes and make a snap judgement. 

I could have switched my vote - I was cut by Cheez8 voting before I could post my thoughts about it - anybody could have switched their vote.  But there was no time and we didn't get a chance. 

You literally pulled this out of thin air on us.  We didn't get a chance to discuss and make an informed decision. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #539 on: November 24, 2013, 02:44:32 AM »
I think guessing why scum did or didn't try to lynch Zakeri over Dan is stupid for so many reasons.