Author Topic: ZUN at AWA - Spam Yo Pics (& Encounters) Yo! ~ Oh shit, found his favourite pose  (Read 53784 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
That book. Contains both English and Japanese translated version of fanmail? Holy shit.

There is me and the man himself with his favorite pose. :3

My guess is that he's doing a lot of thumbs-up poses because he doesn't speak English. He doesn't want there to be any confusion so he does the universal sign for "yeah, it's cool".

Here are photos that were taken at Amphitheatre 1, next to where the photoshoot took place. People that left the photoshoot early were lucky to get pictures with him (including me).
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.565350036865385.1073741830.100001711821813&type=1&l=198229543e

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
A bit of compilation from my part for AWA experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNcwnB1UvMY

[⑨] Suzuran

• Neko Neko Wai~
RILEY IS SUPER ADORABLE, I AM SO VERY JEALOUS~

YUCARI HATES EVERYONE ALL THE TIME

CAT NAP

MUREIN~

EDIT: FIRING LOCK RELEASED!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/103923296@N08/sets/72157636074766023/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:11:02 AM by [⑨] Suzuran »

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
RILEY IS SUPER ADORABLE, I AM SO VERY JEALOUS~

Millions of hugs from Mid-West

YUCARI HATES EVERYONE ALL THE TIME
Also I like how Kilga is staring back at you with a very suspicious look...

CAT NAP
Drunk much?

MUREIN~
He can't live without his camera after all!
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Sedrife, you brought up a lot of points that have been bugging me for a long time. Speaking only of geography, 30% of Japan's population lives in the Kanto Plain, an area the size of New Jersey. This makes events like Comiket and Reitaisai feasible commercial endeavors, because most of your customer base lives only a train ride away. I love Montreal and I would love to visit Boston, but finding time and funds for even a weekend trip is (as I'm sure it is for most us) a huge opportunity cost. Even the most popular western doujin circles (I'm thinking of people like Odyssey and Leo Modesto) might find it hard to recoup their travel costs. That's why your idea of a virtual doujin event makes the most economic sense. To do that requires someone to have a real heart-to-heart with ZUN about relaxing restrictions on online sales of derivative works. AWA, as it happens, was not the right time or place to do that, but could provide the necessary impetus.

On a lighter note, I really enjoyed your piano CD! It makes me want to practice the piano more to get up to your level, and that's a good thing.
Since you bring up Montreal and I was the organizer of that event I just want to clarify something. While we were supporting some local Canadian doujin circles at our event (we're very lucky to have a very active fanbase in our area), we're primarily about gaming. I tried to avoid using terms like Reitaisai to avoid confusion. We had quite a few artists and a music circle who performed live but our main programming was panels, tournaments, screenings, amongst other things. I hope no one got the wrong idea.

On another note, oh lord I got to shake his hand! And get my Ten Desires signed. Fangirling so hard.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:16:47 PM by Yuyu »

[⑨] Suzuran

• Neko Neko Wai~
Posting to cause thread updates to be sent! My AWA 2013 set is released! Most of the "extra" frames from action sequences were dropped. Enjoy!

These pictures are HIDDEN from public searching. Nonetheless, if you are in one of these pictures and you would like the picture removed, please contact me on the IRC for best results. You can PM me but it might take me awhile to notice it!

Posting to cause thread updates to be sent! My AWA 2013 set is released! Most of the "extra" frames from action sequences were dropped. Enjoy!

These pictures are HIDDEN from public searching. Nonetheless, if you are in one of these pictures and you would like the picture removed, please contact me on the IRC for best results. You can PM me but it might take me awhile to notice it!

Oh man, you got a picture of me and I didn't even notice! It's a nice picture, too! I am very pleased. (I was brunette Yuyuko with glasses, if you're wondering.)
well I haven't been here for a while

My avatar was commissioned from this fine person here!

[⑨] Suzuran

• Neko Neko Wai~
Yeah, that was kinda the idea, I love sneaking up on people and taking their picture before they can pose or anything. Or sometimes they get that surprised panic face and that's even better.
A lot of the hall cosplay pictures were literally me firing the camera straight out from where it hung from the strap, without aiming. I was shamelessly whoring Aperture-Priority AE the whole time.

I really didn't intend to release these, but everyone noticed I had a huge camera and automatically expected me to be doing some kind of con documentary or something, so I had to throw them a bone, lol.

MaJO

• master of karate and friendship
  • Only Rumia can do it better.
Sounds like suzu is the real life aya. 
This is the last time I buy weed from Tiny Pete.
This is the last time I buy shrooms from Tiny Pete.

[⑨] Suzuran

• Neko Neko Wai~
I'm waaaay too klutzy to wear tengu geta

Alcoraiden

• Do not go gentle into that good night
I'm bad at cameras,  but here is my album, with hopefully enough non-blurry shots. Find yourself! It has about 180 pictures.

https://plus.google.com/photos/101076564748889013398/albums/5929613491378789185?authkey=COX417CQ3d2fIA

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
All these cosplay pictures where so funny and cool at the same time! :D

My favorite is the Jojo pose one.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
"Touhou @ Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013: A Tribute to ZUN"

I put a TON of work into this video (considering everything from shooting to editing), so please do take the time to watch it~! I hope you enjoy it~! :blush:

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

Katierou

• Wolf It Down!
That Kagerou was pretty cool and answered one tough trivia question. I gave her and her boyfriend the last of the maple candy we had.

Thanks! Which question was that? They ended up calling on me three times (though the third was the guest question-asker), since I think I got a bit too excited about having all of this stuff memorized, especially when we reached a point when nobody raised their hand. And oh gosh, can I just say thanks so much for that candy? It was probably the most amazing thing we've ever had! What was it and where can we get some, if I may ask?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
No joke, I will straight up pay $100 for one of those AWA Tenshi shirts in XL or maybe L depending on the actual size.

Yes, I am crazy.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:22:07 AM by N-Forza »

Alcoraiden

Thanks! Which question was that? They ended up calling on me three times (though the third was the guest question-asker), since I think I got a bit too excited about having all of this stuff memorized, especially when we reached a point when nobody raised their hand. And oh gosh, can I just say thanks so much for that candy? It was probably the most amazing thing we've ever had! What was it and where can we get some, if I may ask?

If my memory serves well, the question was, "Which is the only boss was Reimu afraid of, both before and after the battle?"

The answer was, "The Five Magic Stones."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
No joke, I will straight up pay $100 for one of those AWA Tenshi shirts in XL or maybe L depending on the actual size.

Yes, I am crazy.
CHIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO うおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおお

That is indeed a fucking awesome T-shirt. ZUN style Chiko, oh the we-----  I mean awesomeness!

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata

Yes, I am crazy.

Everyone get on N-Forza's level :V

Did ZUN take any photos with Attack on Titan cosplayers btw? I mean there's already Shingeki no Kobito and such.
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
the guest question-asker
You're welcome~! :D

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Pop quiz, hotshot!
The quiz panel really made me want to read CiLR again considering I read the first half ages ago and couldn't finish it at the time. I shoulda known the Mokou/Iwakasa question because it's one of her spell cards and Iwakasa pops up in like chapter 3. Stupid work website filter.
I can't even take credit for the idea, but I can at least point you in the right direction. Maple candy is a bit of a delicacy in northern states and Canada, partially because the candy really is ALL maple sugar. It was intended to be something New England-esque to give to other people. It can be pricey, but buying it in bulk and making it last will help. Candy stores with a good bit of variety could have some, but can be found online if you look. They'll be a bit pricey just about everywhere, though. Or move to Vermont. Just don't provoke the cows or the entire state is DONE FOR. :V

Sky Bars are another bit of New England confectionary candy charm, too, but aren't lactose-intolerance friendly.
Oh hey, that's me!
Oh hey! It IS! I haven't seen you around since ACen 2011 when I was KD Meiling.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

I put a TON of work into this video (considering everything from shooting to editing), so please do take the time to watch it~! I hope you enjoy it~! :blush:

aaaaaa your videos continue to be way too awesome aaaaaaa

MaJO

• master of karate and friendship
  • Only Rumia can do it better.

This is beauty on the level of touhou itself. I nerdgasmed.
This is the last time I buy weed from Tiny Pete.
This is the last time I buy shrooms from Tiny Pete.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Oh hey it wound up on AWA's facebook thingie, too.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Alcoraiden

Oh hey, the dude who took video of my umbrella (and me)!

This video is awesome. :) Well done!

Jet

Oooh, so many good pictures of ZUN~

I am so jelly of not getting his autograph :C
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:21:24 PM by Remilia.Scarlet »

Before people started to take pictures with him

Me as Koakuma with ZUN!

Farewell AWA Panel