Author Topic: Shin Megami Touhou: Graceless White-Black in Emphemeral Red-White  (Read 9335 times)

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
(You will see references from multiple places. Whether or not you spot them, idk)

Ch 1

"Get back here with my books!" Patchouli yelled after the fleeing thief.

"Oh come on, Patchouli, I'm just borrowing them!" Marisa yelled back, dodging various barrages of danmaku.

"You've 'borrowed' 3,794 books from me and never returned them!"

"3,817, actuall-whoa!" Marisa dodged with grace, but both she and Patchy knew, this couldn't last forever. "My mistake, 3,816!" Marisa yelled as she threw a particularly heavy book at Patchouli. Marisa fled as the Scarlet Devil Mansion was filled with a resounding "Mukyuu!"

"Damn it, Marisa. Why don't you ever use a library card, like everyone else?" Patchouli muttered to herself, getting up. Picking up the book, she decided to open it. "Oh well, I might as well read this, now that it's out of the shel-- huh? This is...."

Reimu Hakurei lazed about in the cool breeze of fall. Sure, it's not summer, but that's no excuse to not laze around. The leaves fell quietly onto the shrine grounds.

"...Eh, I'll sweep up now, I guess." Getting up, Reimu was suddenly overcome with an urge to not do anything again. Resisting, as it is an important duty to maintain the shrine, Reimu managed to oget up and began sweeping the shrine grounds free of leaves. Yes, today was just an ordinary day, until...

"Hey Reimu!"

"Hey Mari--" Reimu stopped mid-name because of Marisa's attire. As opposed to the normal witch outfit, Marisa was dressed in what appeared to be school clothes for males. She also wore an unusual hat, and seemed to have a plastic sword strapped to her waist. To finish the look was a black cape that covered Marisa just below the waist. Reimu struggled to keep from laughing.

"Well, what do you think? Nice, huh? I found this in Alice's closet one da--"

"pffffft, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" Reimu fell to the ground laughing. "Marisa, what the hell is that?!?"

"Sheesh, you have no sense of style. Isn't it obvious? It's Alice's night-time clothes. I found it in her closet while borrowing some of her things"

"Hang on a minute. You look very similar to something..." Reimu pulled out a TV as well as a mysterious black box. "Now, how do you turn on this stupid thing again..." Reimu managed to turn on the TV and the box. Suddenly, a man wearing the same outfit appeared on the TV screen.

"Cool, but I wonder why Alice would dress up as a 'Devil Summoner'?"

"Who knows? Anyways Marisa, would you mind helping me sweep up the yard?"

"Eh? But why? I don't have a broom!" Marisa said as she adjusted the broom that was tied to her back.

"I though so. Now help me sweep."

"Fine..." Marisa said. And so Marisa and Reimu swept up the yard in silence. Later, they turned back on the TV and messed around with the black box.

"Hey Reimu?" Marisa suddenly piped up.

"Yeah?"

"Now that I think about it, how can the TV and that black box work if there's no electricity?

The screen suddenly turned black as the box became quiet.

" ...I hate you sometimes, Marisa."

And from a gap peering down upon the two, a voice could be heard...

"fufufufu~..."

Re: Shin Megami Touhou: Graceless White-Black in Emphemeral Red-White
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 03:08:13 AM »
Ch 2

As Autumn dragged on, Reimu did what she could to prepare for the winter to come. There was only so much that could be done, however, as there were visitors. At least, Reimu thought, they brought something.

And indeed they did: their wonderful personalities.

"There has always been something about autumn that make one just want to picnic, wouldn't you agree, Sakuya?" Remilia asked sitting beneath an umbrella.

"Yes indeed, Mistress." Sakuya responded in a relaxed manner.

"Although, it is a shame that Patchy couldn't come along as well. She's too tied up in her reading for some reason." Remilia frowned.

"Yes, it is a shame," Reimu grumbled, "Why do you have to have a picnic here?!?"

"Well, you see, Reimu," Remilia began, "The shrine is just the place to relax in the country side. The rural feel to it makes one feel like they are one with nature."

"...You just came to bug me, didn't you?"

"Oh, I wouldn't put it that way, Rei-Rei."

Sakuya giggled at the name. Rei-Rei, it almost sounds like the name of a pet. Reimu was visibly unamused by the name.

"Actually, Sakuya insisted we have the picnic here. I would have wanted to have it in front of the Mansion." Remilia said, a little dissapointed that she couldn't have the picnic there. "The view of the lake is so majestic."

"Don't you see that lake every day? And besides, a picnic in front of the mansion wouldn't really be a picnic at all, would it?" Reimu stated.

Marisa flew down to the shrine, bearing a variety of mushrooms that would kill a normal person. Good thing for Marisa then, seeing as she's abnormal. Actually, she was even more abnormal that normal. Reimu felt an unusual power coming from beneath Marisa's Devil Summoner cape.

"Hey Reimu." Marisa said in her normal, cheery voice. She noticed the two SDMers and her manner and attitude suddenly changed. "Good Afternoon, Lady Remilia, Miss Sakuya. What a lovely day it is today."

"Eh?" Sakuya seemed rather confused, but Remilia took this in stride.

"I see you have learned how to be sophisticated" Remilia noted. "Perhaps one of the books you took from Patchouli's library was one of etiquite?"

"Indeed," responded Marisa, tipping her hat down a little. "I wish to discuss a few matters with you."

"Oh?"

"Yes." Marisa tipped the hat down again. "On the matter of picnicing here. You originally planned to picnic in front of the mansion, however Sakuya said that the picnic should have been held here. Even though you had the authority to stay in front of the mansion you still decided to do so here. Why is that?"

Remilia thought on this for a moment. "Well, I thought a change in pace would be nice."

Marisa tipped her hat once more and stood there silently. "I see. On another matter, Sakuya's recommendation."

Sakuya perked up a little. "hm?"

"Is there not another reason," Marisa asked, "that you, Sakuya, would want to have the picnic here?"

"No, not at a--"

Sakuya stopped in mid-word as a dreaded sound filled her ears...

"...nee-saaaaaaamaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!" Screamed Youmu as she flew towards Sakuya.

"NOT AGAIN!!!" yelled Sakuya as she darted off.

"Now look what you did," Remilia groaned "you went and scared off my maid. Well, at least it's cloudy today, so the sun doesn't have an effect on me. I shall see you later, Rei-Rei." She waved a dainty good-bye at Reimu, who seemed to have shuddered.

"Say," Reimu started up, "what was with all that hat tipping about?"

Marisa smiled. "I used a demon to help with my investigation of Remilia."

"You WHAT?!?!?" Reimu's mouth dropped.

"Yeah. Apparantly this suit is the real deal. 'cept for the sword. That's fake."

"Yes indeed, that is the real deal." Yukari said, as she stuck her head out of Reimu's sleeve.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:07:21 PM »
Ch 3

"Hey Reimu, when did you get into the youkai smuggling business?" asked Marisa.

"I'm not smuggling youkai," Reimu vented, "And get out of my sleeve already!" Reimu waved her arm around violently, desperately trying to shake the pesky gap youkai out.

"Wheee~"

It took a while before Yukari got out of Reimu's sleeve, and that was because reimu "coaxed" her out with one of her amulets.

"You're no fun Reimu." Yukari pouted.

"Oh yeah," Marisa piped up, "Where's Ran and Chen? Don't they usually run around while you sleep?"

"Yes," Yukari responded, " but they are off doing another chore, and I personally wanted to give this to you, Reimu."

Yukari reached into a gap and fished around for a bit. With a "ta-da" She pulled out clothes which looked a lot like Chen's clothes. In fact, they were Chen's clothes. A shriek, characteristic of that of a Nekomata's, echoed through the mountains.

"Oops, wrong one." Yukari said cooly as she reached back in and grabbed another set of clothes. These were very different. They consisted of a red shirt and pants. the sleeve on the shirt, however, were white. The set was completed with a red cape.

"Eh?? They look a lot like the ones I'm wearing!" Marisa shouted out.

"Well?" Yukari gleamed, "What do you think?"

Reimu stared at the clothes before her. "Words fail me."

Yukari shoved the clothes into Reimu's hands. "Then, will you try them out?"

"How do I put it?" Reimu wondered. "NO."

"But..." Yukari sniffed, "I worked so hard on it. I...I thought you be happy..." Yukari began sniffing as tears began welling up in her eyes.

"Alright alrigth alright! I'll wear it! Just don't start sobbing!" Reimu said. She went inside the shrine and closed the door.

"...You knew that would happen, huh?" Marisa asked.

"I just know her veeeeeeeeeery well~" Yukari said.

The door opened again, and Reimu stepped out. The clothes were very form fitting, and while they did accentuate her curves, it also reinforced the fact that she a small chest.

"Aah... It looks so good on you!" Marisa swooned playfully.

"Shut it, Marisa..." Reimu grumbled.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:29:58 PM »
This is like... everything I ever wanted to see in a Touhou fanfic. Keep up the good work! 

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 07:24:38 PM »
Ch 4

"Oh yes," Reimu spoke up, " You said you used a demon, but I don't see it."

"That's because it's hiding behind the bushes." Marisa said. "you can come out now, Inu-Sakuya."

A small girl walked out from the bushes, wearing a maid outfit. It looked a lot like Sakuya, except for what appeared to be dog ears and a tail. She was small enough to look like a doll and seemed incredibly shy. She ran out and hid behind Marisa.

"Ah, yes," Yukari spoke up, serious looking, "There was something I wanted to talk to you about, Reimu."

The autumn breeze whispered as the tone of the conversation became a lot more serious now.

" It's another incident, isn't it, Yukari?" Reimu asked.

"I'm afraid so. There have been a number of cases where unidentified beings are small incidents to occur. If it was just one occurance, then it wouldn't be too much of a problem. However this has gotten out of hand."

"Couldn't you just gap them out?"

"If it was that easy, I would not have come to you, Reimu."

"Either that or you're too lazy to do it yourself. In any case, I'll look into it."

"Thank you so much!" Yukari yelled as she grabbed Reimu roughly by the shoulders and hugged her with great strength. This, paired with the fact that Reimu was being smothered by Yukari's bust, left Reimu in a dangerous situation.

"Ack! You...wel...come...now...let...me...go..."

Reimu and Marisa had arrived at the first place of incident: the bamboo forest. There have been many instances where people were attacked by unusual Youkai.

"Alright," began Reimu, "We should be very careful about treking through this forest. we don't know what will ha--"

" 'what will ha'? What kind of statement is tha--"

Alice finally managed to fix the wall that was blown down by Marisa many days ago.

"Honestly," Alice groaned, " I wish she'd use the window like the good old days." The puppeteer sat down, exhausted. A wall is not an easy thing to fix, even with the help of a doll army. "Still, I wonder what Marisa took? I'm mean, everything seems to be in order, right Shanghai?"

The doll nodded as it brought tea for it's master. Alice sat in the chair, thinking deeply as to what Marisa might have taken. Then, she stood up, remembering something that Marisa said. Something about the clothes in Alice's closet. Come to think of it, Marisa has been seen flying around in a new outfit, which looked a lot like...

Alice rushed to the closet door and threw it open. Just as she had feared, the Raidou Cosplay costume Alice was working on was gone.

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:16:49 PM by エッチ =スケッチ »

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 02:49:32 AM »
this is a good story, i would like to read more

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 08:19:13 PM »
Ch 5

Reimu openned her eyes to find herself in a large, wooden room. Marisa was laying on the ground, unconcious, with her Inu-Sakuya poking her master's cheek, trying to wake her up. A large wooden pilar stood in the center of the room.

An ominous voice rang troughout the room...

"Hakurei Reimu, thou who hath donned the clothes of Raidou Kuzunoha... You are the one who shall save Gensokyo"

"Wha? *sigh* Again?" Reimu stood up, crossed her arms, and looked around. "Ok, what's wrong this time?"

"Beings of another world have taken up residence in your world."

"Nnnh? Oh, hello booming voice!" Marisa sat up brightly.

"Wha-- you again?!" Seems like the voice and Marisa knew each other from somewhere.

"Hey, how you doing, voice? Ya know, I never really got your name."

"would yo--"

"Man, I was beginning you were going to stay away for a while!" Standing up, she looked up towards the ceiling, where the voice seemed to be originating.

"cou--"

"I was really beginning to get a little lonely, but DAMN I've had so many adventures!"

"just--"

"Like that one time I found all these books in this weird place, except that I was not weird at all and it was just a friend of mine's library and--"

"GOD DAMN IT WILL YOU SHUT UP FOR ONE MOMENT AND LET ME TRY TO BE EPIC FOR ONE MINUTE?!?!" the voice roared angrily.

"Ok ok, sheesh..." Marisa sat down, crossing her arms.

"THANK you..." The voice cleared it's throat as it resumed. "Hakurei Reimu--"

"Yeah yeah, world in peril, stop them in time, I got it" Reimu said dismissively.

"Erm... well... then at least take this demon with you. It will be helpful in your battle to save your world..."

A thin metal tube fell from out of nowhere to Reimu's feet as the ominous pressence vanished. It was warm with the power of something unfamiliar. Looking at the tube, Reimu simply pocketed the thin tube. Reimu let out a heavy sigh as she looked up at the ceiling...

"That's fine, but how the hell do we get out of here?" Reimu looked around, finding nothing that would suggest an exit. As Reimu was thinking, Inu-Sakuya began scratching the pillar in the center of the room. Her ears perked up, and Inu-Sakuya jumped back in in shock as a part of the pillar began to shine.. A section suddenly openned up and to reveal some sort of room with buttons. What appeared to be a sheet of metal popped out from the bottom of the openned section.

"I... guess that's our ticket out." Marisa said, looking at the platform.

----------------------------------------------

Koakuma walked through the dimly lit corridors of the library, carrying a cup of tea and a few snacks. She'd been down this same route many times over, but something seemed different. The books were strewn across the ground as though someone was looking for something. She reached one of the many desks Patchouli was usually hunched and noticed the large pile of books near the desk. They seemed to pertain to demons. Patchouli looking over a thick book with archaic writing.

"Miss Patchouli, your tea."

"Hmm?" Patchouli looked up from the book, taking off her glasses. "Oh, thank you Koakuma. Still no sign of Sakuya?"

"I don't think so. It's odd for Sakuya-san to go off on her own all of a sudden though..." Koakuma figited "Mi-miss Patchouli? A-are you going to replace me?"

"Hmm? Of course not, what brought that up?" Patchouli glanced at the pile of books near her. "Oh, that. Don't worry, I'm not replacing you, Koakuma. I'm doing some research on this one book I found again."

"Hmm? Oh, that one." Koakuma looked at the book for a sec "Hey, didn't we have more copies of that book?"

Patchouli's eyes went open, remembering Marisa's habit of sweeping books off the shelves...

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 09:55:25 PM »
any chance of any more? sorry for the necro bump though ^^; not sure if i should have just sent a pm

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 07:08:56 PM »
more is to come eventually. Just gotta get back on the ball >~>

*got caught up in a lot of other stuff and sorta forgot about this...*

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 08:27:40 PM »
Ch 6

As it turned out, the underground room was located directly underneath eientei, save our two Heroines a lot of time. It was a case of down the rabbit hole, but it there had to be more to it than just Tewi playing a prank. In any case, it was time to locate the first anomil-- speak of the devil there's Tewi running in the hallway.

"Oi! Earth bunny!" Reimu called out to the running rabbit girl. Tewi only looked at the one who called out to her, turned around, and ran away.

"Get back here! We want to ask you a question!" Marisa yelled as she started running down the hallway. Reimu was just about to follow her when she spotted another Tewi running around. Come to think of it, a multitude of Tewis of varying sizes were running around the place. Where were the other residents anyhow?

"Jeez, there are tewi's up the Ying Yang here!" Reimu called out as the number of tewi's seemed to be increasing. Marisa came back huffing and puffing.

"There's too many of them!" Marisa wheezed, trying to get her breath back. the number of tewis just kept on increasing, leading to a rather uncomfortable situation. Just then, a safe zone appeared. A door openned up, with a Tewiless passage and one Reisen Inaba.

"Quick, in here!" Reisen called out to the two.

-------------------------------------

Alice stopped herself from knocking on Marisa's door. Several memories of Marisa NOT using the door came to her mind's eye. Stepping back, she pulled out a doll with a fuse coming out of it's head.

"Let's see how you like it!" She roared as she flung the explosive doll at the wall of Marisa's house. The doll, unfortunately, bounced off of a barrier and flew back at Alice. She dodged the doll and the explosion, toppling through the unlocked door to Marisa's house. Rubbing the back of her head, partly from the failed explosion and partly from the door, Alice looked around to see why Marisa did not respond at all.

The inside was a mess, as usual, with piles of books and various, suspicious mushrooms hanging around. Marisa's clothes, at least, were organized. Resisting the fanon urges to go crazy at the clothes Marisa recently wore, Alice looked around for the recent additions to Marisa's pile of swag. So far, there were only books, nothing indicating cosplay items. One book, however, caught her eye. A large, worn out book with unusual writing sat at the top of a pile of books.

Curious, she grabbed the book from the pile and read the cover. Compendium Demonium

-----------------------------------

Reimu and Marisa sat against a wall, puffing after getting squeezed by a bunch of rabbit.

" Hey, Moony." Marisa said between huffs.

'Are you refering to me?" Reisen said, a hint of disgruntleness in her voice from being called Moony.

"Well, there's only you and Reimu around here, so yeah you." Marisa said, a smirk faintly gleamed across her face.

"Oi, don't antagonize her right now. We still need to figure out what's goin on, you know" Reimu said, finally regaining her breath.

"Wait, why do you want to know what's going on? And what's with those outfits?" Reisen questioned

"Don't ask..."

Anyhow, Reisen began to explain the problem. As it turns out, Tewi found some unusal thing in the forest. She brought it back with her into her room and a bunch of Tewis started marching out of her room. No one exactly knows what the object was, but i's been causing trouble for everyone. Reimu and Marisa looked at each other and nodded.

"Alright, looks like this is the first case!

Incident 1: The Tewi Army

Now, where do we start?" Marisa asked.

Netwarrior

• Yeah that's a very pleasant attitude to have
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 11:34:53 PM »
COOL!

I'm a big fan of SMT!

Please, continue!
When a child dies, we call the corpse an ADULT.

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 04:26:38 AM »
(Late Atours noes: Any misspellings are not intentionalz. I don't really know the actual name, so I'm going by what I've heard. Also, I don't want to bother going to wiki every time. sorry about the interuption. carry on)

Ch 7

Youmu flew around the Netherworld, frantically searching for her misplaced swords. It was bad enough that Yuyuko was getting on her case about keeping things organized, but to lose her swords somewhere is just plain irressponsible as a swordswoman. As she rounded a corner, she could hear someone speaking. Lady Yuyuko's voice and two others that she could not recognize.

"Well, I hope you have a pleasant stay here. Just don't cause too much trouble to dear Youmu. She's not entirely used  to these kinds of things." Yuyuko giggled as she departed.

Youmu looked around the corner to find... her swords? They were just sitting there, and Lady Yuyuko was talking to them. Weird, but it's not the weirdest thing to happen. Grabbing the hilt of Roukanken, she paused. Something seemed a little off all of a sudden. Eh, it was probably nothing. She holstered her blades and went on to continue her duties, mild headache or not.

----------------------------------

Patchouli, followed closely by a frantic Koakuma, was marching to the front door of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. There was an unusally large amount of maids running about. There isn't that many unless there is a large event. Patchouli moved over to a wall as a large crate was wheeled through the corridor. Something big was going down and, as was often the case, she didn't want anything to do with it. She had much more pressing matters to deal with.

"Koa, give my apologies to Remilia, as I cannot aid her in her event" Patchouli ordered as she flew off, resolve holding back any of the symtoms of anemia.

Koakuma paniced as the once Unmovable Library flew off. And, alsmost as if on cue, Sakuya appeared.

"The mistress wishes to speak with Lady Patchoul-- eh? Where did she go?"

----------------------------------

Marisa and Reimu followed the moon rabbit through the corridors. Their goal was Tewi's room, which was not too far away from where they ducked down into. Reisen stopped just short of a passageway.

"Past the doors and down the hall, taking the first right and then a straight is Tewi's room. I would go further, but that place scares me."

"How bad could it be? It's just a passage way." Marisa asked.

"Yeah, but weird things have been flying through there since Tewi brought that weird thing back. I am not going through there."

"That's how it is, huh? Alright, we'll go then." Reimu said, stepping through the plain sliding doors.

"Remember, the first right!" Reisen said as the two impromtu detectives walked down the long corridor.

Damn, this is a long hallway. That must have been what that hot dog thing was about. Finally, an explaination. Now, the noodle incident's explai-- wait, wasn't the the first right? oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

------------------------

Youmu had just finished trimming the hedges for today. Something about today's weather was pretty exhausting, the strain getting to her. Well, everyone has their limit, it was not like Youmu to disappoint. Still, a nap seemed like a good idea.....

Youmu laid down onto a pile of leaves, her head still pounding. As her conciousness gave way to dreams, she could hear a voice.

Thou art I... And I am thou...