Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 467712 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
I tried it just now, you can't change your alignment mid-fight. You just "equip" them and that's it.

Makes sense. Being able to shift whenever would have made this game so much more complicated. And it's pretty complicated already.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Let me say that Akyuu is not seen in any of the backgrounds.
Didn't realize that she's not in the game until you brought it up...  But then, she doesn't look like someone who can fight.  Before anyone brings up the issue of Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, that's only because that game doesn't have a (serious) story, so there is no issue in him being able to fight.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Koishi sure is odd to use. One minute she's just throwing her arms out, then she's kicking and shooting. I do love how she involuntarily attacks while simply dashing.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Hello! I don't know if it will interest anyone, but I drew a new replacement icon for the game (I find the original one terrible, ugly and pixelated), so I share it for whom want.

It works basically by changing the default icon from any shortcut of the game.

256x256 format:
http://jjz6hq.1fichier.com/

48x48 format:
http://kl7od6.1fichier.com/

(I wasn't really inspired to find a good idea, so I kept Kokoro's masks as an icon, to stay in the same spirit.)

Hello! I don't know if it will interest anyone, but I drew a new replacement icon for the game (I find the original one terrible, ugly and pixelated), so I share it for whom want.

It works basically by changing the default icon from any shortcut of the game.

256x256 format:
http://jjz6hq.1fichier.com/

48x48 format:
http://kl7od6.1fichier.com/

(I wasn't really inspired to find a good idea, so I kept Kokoro's masks as an icon, to stay in the same spirit.)

hmmmm I trust you, but those hosting sites look a bit... sketchy. Never heard of them before.

hmmmm I trust you, but those hosting sites look a bit... sketchy. Never heard of them before.
here the image. The host is fine

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三

Sorry, it's the only site I know, but it's just an .ico file from my computer, there isn't any risk.
If you know other sites which don't ask for registration, I'll host there if you want.  :3

Sorry for the double post, but I had to make an important announcement

I told you guys I sent news of this game being released to a few different fighting game websites. I thought they just ignored it. But Just now I saw that SRK put the story up on the front page!

http://shoryuken.com/2013/05/29/touhou-13-5-hopeless-masquerade-released-in-japan/

I included some videos I found here in the mail I sent, like Zorks Mamizou gameplay. Hopefully this will boost some popularity for the game!

Oh, if you want some icon here's some that I get from an artist on Pixiv.
How it looked : http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36002587
The zip file : http://ux.getuploader.com/sukunabikona/download/1/icon.zip
The password is 'icon', put it in the bracket with a button beside it.

This one is quite nice, I'm using Okuu myself. Too bad the Nazrin one didn't work somehow.

Oh, if you want some icon here's some that I get from an artist on Pixiv.
How it looked : http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36002587
The zip file : http://ux.getuploader.com/sukunabikona/download/1/icon.zip
The password is 'icon', put it in the bracket with a button beside it.

This one is quite nice, I'm using Okuu myself. Too bad the Nazrin one didn't work somehow.

That OKuu is adorable! I was thinking of making an icon myself at some point. Maybe a Tewi one

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Hmm, I got a question and I forgot to ask this last night but, is it me or does Network play seem to cause the game to close after finishing a match for anyone else?  ???
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Sorry for the double post, but I had to make an important announcement

I told you guys I sent news of this game being released to a few different fighting game websites. I thought they just ignored it. But Just now I saw that SRK put the story up on the front page!

http://shoryuken.com/2013/05/29/touhou-13-5-hopeless-masquerade-released-in-japan/

I included some videos I found here in the mail I sent, like Zorks Mamizou gameplay. Hopefully this will boost some popularity for the game!
Woah man nice. Koishi front page woo

I submitted my simple combo video as a tip for the game, so hopefully they'll put in more videos on that :V

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
Yes, it could have an option to disable the timer but then why would tasofro bother in the popularity system, and Hm would be another fighting game but with aerial combat :/ .
Personaly i think that 99 sec is just enought, if you are clearly better then the cpu, (i havent played pvp), you will beat it in 50 sec at most, if not you will require to demostrate your skills at earning popularity.
btw im having a problem unlocking mamizou, thou i have ended the story mode, and i have unlocked the 2 "bonus" stages from it, i still dont have mamizou playeable D:

The popularity system only has one main purpose which is to regulate who wins. The way I would've done it would be that it gives you an attack boost or some kind of power up for having a high faith/popularity, and regulating when spell cards could be used ie: 50+ you can use a spell card and 100 you can use your last word and make the system slightly easier to build.

But yeah the popularity system I see no difference despite the number being displayed, if anything they knew people wouldn't finish battles in time.

commandercool

• alter cool
But yeah the popularity system I see no difference despite the number being displayed, if anything they knew people wouldn't finish battles in time.

I agree, I think the ease with which matches time out was a design decision. It seems very Touhou-like to me, at least thematically. Traditionally Touhous shoot each-other until somebody explodes within the mechanics of the games, but within the universe a less violent contest that ends before somebody blows up makes a lot of sense to me. I have no problem with the timer. And between the timer and the slightly faster gameplay this game doesn't have the slow motion feeling that I felt like the other two did.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Well, the timer is not a real "problem", it's a particular feature of the game, like the moving gameplay,
but I think this wouldn't be hard to add an option in the config menu to let us choose how much time we wish, add more rounds, configure the popularity system, etc.. So people could play the way they wish.

The unpleasant thing in this system is actually when players lose in an unfair way, like having almost all their life, the enemy being almost dead but having like 1% more popularity and win the game.

The basic concept is interesting, but the inequitable issues that you can encounter makes it quite special.
I think it would be better if the winner is not the one who simply has "the most % in popularity" but an average between the life ratio and popularity ratio... This would be more fair and pleasant to play!

By the way, I was wondering, am I the only one to find the popularity system too slow to raise?
Against the computer, you can hardly reach the 100% popularity when you're lucky, but against players who already know how to play, it's almost impossible.

It's a shame to make some very nice and good looking attacks like all the last words if it's almost impossible to use it in-game...
The conditions to manage to use the last words are too strict, with more time or more round, you could at least stand a chance to use it just once against people..

But maybe I'm experiencing some bugs? I know several people who have problems with their popularity, sometimes getting 100% without any reason, or going from 60% to -40% in 1 second.
(maybe that's normal and I didn't understand yet how the game works, but it looks like bugs)

PS: sorry if my English is not perfect, that's not my mother tongue.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:48:29 PM by ElGreko »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Well it would make sense for those who play as Miko since her ability relies on the popularity and she can up her popularity a little herself.  However, I do agree that the popularity decision thing is a bit unfair for those who don't know how to play well, whether it be computer wise or player wise. Even if your opponent has less life but, more popularity or you have more health but, less popularity it would go over to the opponent with more popularity.

The popularity counter does sometimes raise a little slowly due to bad run ins with good players or the computer gets lucky, although most of the time using spellcards and having them land on your opponent gives your popularity a hefty boost if not make it almost to 90% or half way to 50% popularity. This does somewhat makes things a bit hectic when you're being locked into combos,  you fail to put in the right combination for said spell card, or your spell card misses completely. Either way I don't mind the system it just needs a bit more variety so, it can make more fights interesting.  :ohdear:

Kokoro used to creep me out, but after reading all the translated story modes and getting a feel for her character; I can safely say, she has become one of my favorite Touhou characters. I love her design, her story, and her 66 masks. She's in my top 3 along with Futo and Youmu.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
most of the time using spellcards and having them land on your opponent gives your popularity a hefty boost if not make it almost to 90% or half way to 50% popularity.

Seriously? Wow, I really never experienced that before, could it be possible that I got a bad version of the game that doesn't work properly?
When I (or the people I play with) make land my spellcard on the opponent, I get like +5-10% popularity bonus, in other words: almost nothing.
I just played a game right now to verify, I made my first spellcard land during the 1st round and I got +5% popularity bonus, and on the next round I got +8% bonus... I finished the game with like 45% popularity.

This is frustrating to never be able to reach the 100%, even from far...  :ohdear:

I wonder if the problem comes from my settings/computer or from the game itself...

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Kokoro used to creep me out, but after reading all the translated story modes and getting a feel for her character; I can safely say, she has become one of my favorite Touhou characters. I love her design, her story, and her 66 masks. She's in my top 3 along with Futo and Youmu.

Ditto here. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Seriously? Wow, I really never experienced that before, could it be possible that I got a bad version of the game that doesn't work properly?
When I (or the people I play with) make land my spellcard on the opponent, I get like +5-10% popularity bonus, in other words: almost nothing.
I just played a game right now to verify, I made my first spellcard land during the 1st round and I got +5% popularity bonus, and on the next round I got +8% bonus... I finished the game with like 45% popularity.

This is frustrating to never be able to reach the 100%, even from far...  :ohdear:

I wonder if the problem comes from my settings/computer or from the game itself...
You should have your game patched by now... but, I think it just varies on the person's style of gameplay or either that sometimes the way the match plays out you got the right game and stuff it's just you have to practice on what to do get your popularity up more also try out combinations on what suits you better.  :derp:

@Hinacle and Validon98: Kokoro didn't scare me that much, although I like her design and story myself. o(^_^)b

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
so I heard you guys were looking for Alice and Kosuzu

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:52:19 PM by Zork787 »
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Oh, I meant ditto on the liking part. She was kind of creepy at first, but I wasn't outright scared by her. ^^;
Also, does anyone else lag on the newspaper part or the intro or is it just me? The intro lagging confuses me because it didn't lag in the trial. Huh.

You should have your game patched by now... but, I think it just varies on the person's style of gameplay or either that sometimes the way the match plays out you got the right game and stuff it's just you have to practice on what to do get your popularity up more also try out combinations on what suits you better.  :derp:

@Hinacle and Validon98: Kokoro didn't scare me that much, although I like her design and story myself. o(^_^)b

For me, popularity rises quickly because I play aggressively and I'm constantly going after my opponent.

Oh, I meant ditto on the liking part. She was kind of creepy at first, but I wasn't outright scared by her. ^^;
Also, does anyone else lag on the newspaper part or the intro or is it just me? The intro lagging confuses me because it didn't lag in the trial. Huh.

It lags for me when I have a lot of things open (chrome, Skype, etc.), but other than that it runs fine.

I tried to do a lunatic Futo run. Aside from me messing up the Marisa and Koishi (growing pain is a pain in the ass. The roses never stop coming) fight it went smoothly, until Mamizou. Arrrggggg, all of her fucking spells are a nightmare. Fuck all of them. The time between Night Parade rushes is short. Very short. Hope you like having less than 10 seconds in-between rushes. Mamizou never stops spamming her bird danmaku. Never. NEVER. NEVEEEER. It's a nightmare. That's the only way to describe it. You thought Kokoro with Byakuren was bad? Try Mamizou with any character and I guarantee you will suffer. I don't even wanna see what Kokoro is like. >~>

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
Hmm, is that really the case? I can get to 60-80% popularity pretty easily though it's frustrating how close it is sometimes, then again I always get 100% stun combos now. Here's a random replay that I have.

http://www.mediafire.com/?701623ci16nmqgn

Then again, I don't know what level everyone is at in skill level. Been maining Marisa, though I haven't noticed anyone else here use her. Everyone seems to use Mamizou.

She was kind of creepy at first, but I wasn't outright scared by her. ^^;

Maybe I'm weird, but I found her pretty cute the first time I saw her.~~~ :3

Try Mamizou with any character and I guarantee you will suffer. I don't even wanna see what Kokoro is like. >~>

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:15:24 AM by Genso »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
It lags for me when I have a lot of things open (chrome, Skype, etc.), but other than that it runs fine.

Uh... it still lags even with everything else closed. When they said a i7 core might be needed, they meant that, didn't they? Because my poor i5 core laptop probably isn't up to snuff enough. :I

commandercool

• alter cool
Still haven't really figured out what to do with Nitori. Her grappling hooks initially made me want to play keepaway with her, but the angles they work at are obviously intended for doing the opposite, and using a bunch of them makes her projectiles very short-range. Her energy mechanic seems to want her to win as fast as possible, so I'll have to mess around with different movesets and see what works for rushdown. She is pretty fun regardless though. May have to settle for her as my main over Mamizou given how popular she's turned out to be.

Also, is anybody maining Byakuren? Just cleared her story mode and couldn't really figure her out. Would like to play against somebody who's good at her to see her working correctly.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

You brave, foolish man.
RIP GENSO
5/29/13
Died from Mamizou's BS spellcards.

Uh... it still lags even with everything else closed. When they said a i7 core might be needed, they meant that, didn't they? Because my poor i5 core laptop probably isn't up to snuff enough. :I

Looks like it. It doesn't lag much aside from that, right? It's still playable?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Once I get netplay working I want in on some netplay matches. I need to practice Koishi in real matches

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Looks like it. It doesn't lag much aside from that, right? It's still playable?

Yeah, as long as I'm in 1/2 frame mode, the gameplay itself doesn't lag. I'm just tired of waiting for the freaking newspaper animation to finish whenever I finish a fight, because it takes like ten to fifteen seconds just to get through the animation compared to the two to three it should. >.>

Yeah, as long as I'm in 1/2 frame mode, the gameplay itself doesn't lag. I'm just tired of waiting for the freaking newspaper animation to finish whenever I finish a fight, because it takes like ten to fifteen seconds just to get through the animation compared to the two to three it should. >.>

I'm gonna see if I can find a translation of the options menu to see if there might be anything else that might help reduce lag.

Also Lunatic Futo replay
I really need to practice Futo more so I can form real combos instead throw plates and shoot fireball. Aside from Mamizou this ended up being a lot of fun. As annoying as Koi-Koi's final card was, it was fun too. Challenging, but fun.