Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?  (Read 152974 times)

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
Re: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?
« Reply #480 on: November 09, 2013, 10:28:31 AM »
How do I do Spacesphere "Earth in a Pot" (Eirin's midboss spell)? I've seen people circling around the outside and destroying familiars but I can't figure out how to do it on more than 1/30 attempts :<

Also, I heard the "ghost wheels" (let's keep our terminology consistent, I guess) are aimed as twos. So when they aim, a wheel is aimed and fired at a spot then the next wheel aims at that spot. Then pattern re-aims and fires another two at you, if that made any sense whatsoever This is wrong.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:34:08 PM by Mr Jovial »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #481 on: November 09, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »
How do I do Spacesphere "Earth in a Pot" (Eirin's midboss spell)? I've seen people circling around the outside and destroying familiars but I can't figure out how to do it on more than 1/30 attempts :<

Some human characters have easier time destroying familiars than others. I can destroy them all with Marisa and most of them with Youmu, but less than half of them with Reimu or Sakuya. The trick is that familiars themselves are harmless, so you can go through them freely. They can also be harmed all the time, so you should shoot them as much as you can from when Eirin spawns them and until they form the circle. Hopefully, some will be damaged or destroyed by then. After that, try destroying them one by one and keep remaining ones in one group for easier dodging when they start shooting. This is where them being harmless is important, since you can position yourself inside them so that all bullets hit one familiar (shotgunning it's called, I think). Especially useful with destroying ones below you, since you can go low enough to harm them with your shots but high enough so as not to get hit with their bullets.

Another trick is that the circle is centered on where you are when Eirin starts spawning familiars, except it doesn't go outside the screen. So you can hug the bottom to have easier time, destroying lower familiars first and cutting on bullets from below when they start spinning out.

As for actually dodging, it's a sort of a streaming in a circle, but with a bit of randomization, so quite a bit of reading ability is still needed.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #482 on: November 09, 2013, 02:51:15 PM »
Also, I heard the "ghost wheels" (let's keep our terminology consistent, I guess) are aimed as twos. So when they aim, a wheel is aimed and fired at a spot then the next wheel aims at that spot. Then pattern re-aims and fires another two at you, if that made any sense whatsoever (it sort of didn't to me :ohdear:)
Not quite. Each wave is aimed at you individually. What you're thinking of is probably from how the Lunatic version works, where the waves fire fast enough that you can have two of them fire at the same spot before you even have to move. On Normal and Hard you likely won't be able to pull that off, and as others have mentioned the wheels are aimed around you on Easy.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #483 on: November 09, 2013, 06:33:38 PM »
Not quite. Each wave is aimed at you individually. What you're thinking of is probably from how the Lunatic version works, where the waves fire fast enough that you can have two of them fire at the same spot before you even have to move.
WRONG ANSWER! Erm, in all seriousness, I think that was actually something that I read in a YT video annotation though I probably ended up thinking it was true since I did SA as my second lunatic 1cc so those other bullets (they're needles, right?) intimidated me enough that I didn't have the confidence to dodge at that level of skill. Oh well, sorry for the misleading strategy, I edited the earlier post  :derp:

Thanks to C. Angel for pro strats too :P

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
« Reply #484 on: November 13, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »
Is there some trick to reading the lasers in Karakasa Surprising Slash? (kogasa's 3rd spell card in extra)
Currently I can only hope to fluke through it or bomb it >.>

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #485 on: November 13, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
Move with the lasers as they slow down, that way when they stop you're already in a gap between the lasers.  It's a tricky card to get the hang of, when I was just clearing the stage for the first time it was an autobomb every time but for me now, it's pretty much an auto-capture.  It just clicks after a certain point.

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #486 on: November 14, 2013, 07:35:52 PM »
How should I dodge midboss Benben and Yatsuhashi's spellcard(Extra)? Is there any trick to it or pure read and dodge?
1cc's:
Normal: All
Hard: PCB, IN, TD
Lunatic: IN
Extras: EoSD, PCB Extra+Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #487 on: November 14, 2013, 08:17:09 PM »
How should I dodge midboss Benben and Yatsuhashi's spellcard(Extra)? Is there any trick to it or pure read and dodge?

I've had the best luck taking out Benben first. Yatsuhashi's part of the attack is nearly trivial on its own, while Benben's is the greater threat. Since it's only logical to focus on one to the exclusion of the other, I recommend taking out the more dangerous one first. As for the dodging itself, it's just as you said: Read and dodge. It's nothing fancy, but there's no trick either, except to watch out for Yatsuhashi's bullets, which curve without warning.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #488 on: November 14, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
Well, they have 2 spellcards...
Either way, for the nonspell Benben first, for the 1st spell the bullets curve and it's just reading and dodging (like the nonspell) and I take out Benben, though for this spell it makes no difference, I just the find the bullets easier to read from the left half of the screen.

However, for Joururi World I switch over and take out Yatsuhashi- and this is due to the way the bullet spirals bounce.  You can almost safespot the spirals from under Yatsuhashi, wile under Benben the bullets come from strange angles.  It's still a difficult spell, so don't be afraid to drop a bomb if a random bullet flies into your lane.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #489 on: November 16, 2013, 09:23:51 PM »
Please send help. I can't figure out how to do Orin's first attack in SA stage 4 (the one where she has 80k hp and moves about spawning 3 spirit thingies).

« Reply #490 on: November 16, 2013, 09:39:46 PM »
Please send help. I can't figure out how to do Orin's first attack in SA stage 4 (the one where she has 80k hp and moves about spawning 3 spirit thingies).

Move in circular patterns. You can't take down it's health no matter what you try.
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #491 on: November 16, 2013, 10:26:48 PM »
The bullets are actually aimed, so slow streaming works too. It has to be extremely slow streaming, though.

« Reply #492 on: November 16, 2013, 11:33:11 PM »
I usually just switch between left and right steps, but I find the circling method to be slightly better for graze, as for the very slow streaming, I have the hardest time streaming to the left, but to the right is far easier

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

kitslol

« Reply #493 on: November 20, 2013, 10:40:06 PM »
Need some help with Kogasa's last spell card in UFO lunatic.

What is the general strategy here? Do the amulets follow a certain behavior?

« Reply #494 on: November 21, 2013, 02:02:47 AM »
Need some help with Kogasa's last spell card in UFO lunatic.

What is the general strategy here? Do the amulets follow a certain behavior?
The waves of blue amulets come in this pattern: from the top left, from the top right, from the bottom left and right (simultaneously), from the top right, from the top left, from the bottom left and right, etc. Basically the general strategy is to stay around the middle/lower part of the screen in between the blue lanes, maneuvering between the lanes to avoid the amulet waves altogether.

kitslol

« Reply #495 on: November 21, 2013, 02:38:03 AM »
The waves of blue amulets come in this pattern: from the top left, from the top right, from the bottom left and right (simultaneously), from the top right, from the top left, from the bottom left and right, etc. Basically the general strategy is to stay around the middle/lower part of the screen in between the blue lanes, maneuvering between the lanes to avoid the amulet waves altogether.

Thank you, this helped a lot.

« Reply #496 on: November 21, 2013, 04:49:10 AM »
What's the best way to take care of Recovery "Heal By Desire" reliably? (Sanae on Normal if it matters)
Sometimes I just slip through the bullet streams up and down the center and risk clipping, other times I take out the spirits on one side and heal her. What works best?
Also, Yoshika's nonspell kunai are pretty much the hardes part of TD for me. Is there any "trick" to them?

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #497 on: November 21, 2013, 05:51:56 AM »
What's the best way to take care of Recovery "Heal By Desire" reliably? (Sanae on Normal if it matters)

The timer on that one is really tight, especially with Sanae. What should work is to start streaming right below Yoshika (take care though, since she will start shooting you if you're too close) going to the bottom and back up again.
You don't really have the time to go to the side with Sanae but if you need to then stop shooting for a moment.
If you don't necessarily want to capture it then just shoot down the spirits, since they shoot more the longer they live. (But I suppose you already know that.)

Also, Yoshika's nonspell kunai are pretty much the hardes part of TD for me. Is there any "trick" to them?

Her first two are practically the same. The yellow kunai always spawn in a giant blob below her facing down. There is not much else you can do besides go to the side until they are gone. The red ones seem to be entirely random. Also, don't stay near her or she will spawn some inside of you most of the time. The third Non tries to force you to the sides with the big wave in the beginning. Try to avoid that and you should be okay since it's somewhat harder to get back to her than to stay below her.

« Reply #498 on: November 22, 2013, 03:04:33 AM »
The timer on that one is really tight, especially with Sanae. What should work is to start streaming right below Yoshika (take care though, since she will start shooting you if you're too close) going to the bottom and back up again.
You don't really have the time to go to the side with Sanae but if you need to then stop shooting for a moment.
If you don't necessarily want to capture it then just shoot down the spirits, since they shoot more the longer they live. (But I suppose you already know that.)

Her first two are practically the same. The yellow kunai always spawn in a giant blob below her facing down. There is not much else you can do besides go to the side until they are gone. The red ones seem to be entirely random. Also, don't stay near her or she will spawn some inside of you most of the time. The third Non tries to force you to the sides with the big wave in the beginning. Try to avoid that and you should be okay since it's somewhat harder to get back to her than to stay below her.
Thanks for the advice! It's a lot easier now.

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #499 on: November 28, 2013, 06:51:34 PM »
How do I do Kanako's Virtue of Wind God in Lunatic without losing all bombs and 2 or more lives? Stupid BS spellcard ruining my 1cc attempts.
1cc's:
Normal: All
Hard: PCB, IN, TD
Lunatic: IN
Extras: EoSD, PCB Extra+Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD

Oh

« Reply #500 on: November 28, 2013, 07:55:11 PM »
it's easy just speedkill it and don't touch the bullets  :V

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #501 on: November 28, 2013, 09:07:44 PM »
How do I do Kanako's Virtue of Wind God in Lunatic without losing all bombs and 2 or more lives? Stupid BS spellcard ruining my 1cc attempts.

Go into stage practice and try timing it out so that you adjust to the pattern. The timer is rather long, and you get lots of resources to throw away in practice mode anyway.

You may not get fully consistent at it but you can improve your success rate.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #502 on: November 28, 2013, 09:59:21 PM »
It's not BS just because it's currently beyond you-the first half of the lifebar (by time, with ReimuB) can be entirely macrododged.  From there, you'll likely have to do some micrododging between the card waves.  Read ahead and dodge as best you can-for a first 1cc, I'd bomb any time you don't see a way to macrododge.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #503 on: November 29, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »
I would be really grateful if someone told me how to approach midboss Nue in stage 4. I have the feeling it's static and while I usually would just reaction-dodge, bomb when necessary and call it a day, I pretty much need a perfect approach for it if I want a 1cc Hard, because there's so much at stake. Thanks.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #504 on: November 30, 2013, 03:33:35 AM »
I would be really grateful if someone told me how to approach midboss Nue in stage 4. I have the feeling it's static and while I usually would just reaction-dodge, bomb when necessary and call it a day, I pretty much need a perfect approach for it if I want a 1cc Hard, because there's so much at stake. Thanks.
position yourself a little left or right of nue so that you're directly under a bunch of fairies when they come in, so you can kill a bunch of them which means less walls
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 03:42:58 AM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Burning Love

• Flan is not a pudding! (I think)
    • Burning Love' Blog
« Reply #505 on: November 30, 2013, 06:18:00 AM »
How should I capture Eirin's Curse of the Heavens "Apollo 13" without using safespot? How does the pattern works?
Still waiting for a good sig. image

« Reply #506 on: November 30, 2013, 12:48:02 PM »
Anyone have tips for EoSD Stage 4 Lunatic?
The ultimate joke would be making Wriggle an EX Boss, but there being a game-breaking bug in her final spellcard that made it impossible to catch.

Think about it for a second...

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #507 on: November 30, 2013, 12:56:56 PM »
It's not actually static, but apparently it's the same pattern, just at a random angle (and with fewer bullets spawning for each fairy you manage to shoot fast enough), so you may be able to find a reliable strategy for it.

Oh

« Reply #508 on: November 30, 2013, 02:23:30 PM »

The whole stage? Please specify.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #509 on: November 30, 2013, 08:38:24 PM »

stream.

books, opening kunai fairies and kjoakuma aside, you can stream the whole stage