Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?  (Read 152994 times)

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
Re: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?
« Reply #450 on: November 05, 2013, 06:40:30 PM »
Thanks L3Pik, I still fail to capture it but I can survive a little longer now. Guess I will just bomb my way trough it. Oh and another question: WTF is wrong with Suwako's Frog Hunting "Frog Is Eaten by Snake due to the Croak"? I watch lots of replays of that card but even if I do exactly what the other player does, I just die the moment I get inside the ''ring''. This card is making me so mad I just threw my mouse out of the window  >:(
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:43:40 PM by Shio Yamote »
1cc's:
Normal: All
Hard: PCB, IN, TD
Lunatic: IN
Extras: EoSD, PCB Extra+Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #451 on: November 05, 2013, 06:45:54 PM »
I think you also need to spin around Suwako once (at the very least it's much safer) rather than getting through the ring and waiting there. Here's a video on youtube. Note how the player goes up and around Suwako. Also, you might need to bomb at some point since the ring can be too difficult to get through quickly. (This sounds like your problem anyway, I might be mistaken   :ohdear:)

Also, Utsuho's first spell is probably her most difficult attack. I've always given it a shot but usually end up double bombing it in 1ccs.

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #452 on: November 05, 2013, 07:07:17 PM »
When I get inside I spin around suwako and then she shoots the next wave, but sometimes I die before I have a chance to do so when trying to get inside. Should I wait for her to shoot the small bullets or get inside quckly?
1cc's:

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #453 on: November 05, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »
After you spin around Suwako, back down once the bullets fade.  Then you have to go through the next wave after she spawns the bullets right below her, and repeat the process.  Unless the wave spawned is really nasty (no easily reachable openings), it's one of her easiest spellcards.  If she DOES give you a nasty wave, just drop a bomb on it-no point risking a death.

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #454 on: November 06, 2013, 06:04:09 AM »
Thanks for the help guys. I finally beat Suwako. My only problems after Frog Hunting "Frog Is Eaten by Snake due to the Croak" was only ''Red Frog in Houei Era 4''. I also captured her last spell in my first try woot! Now I just need to take a break before facing Koishi...  :colonveeplusalpha:

Out of curiosity, how does Spring Sign "Jade of the Horrid River" works? I always capture it without even knowing how it works '-'
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:22:37 AM by Shio Yamote »
1cc's:

KuroArashi100

« Reply #455 on: November 06, 2013, 06:32:20 AM »
She spawns lines of bullets from the side of the screen in a specific pattern, that being middle, diagonal starting at the top-left, middle, diagonal starting at the right then repeat.
The bullets are spawned, move into position, pause, and shoot themselves at your current location.

But I have a question of my own too:
How do I dodge the enemies after the midboss in SA's extra stage without dying/bombing? I see everyone spinning around the enemies, but I always die when I try that so I figured I must be doing something wrong. I just don't know what it is. So, I included a replay so hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Apart from not bombing on Koishi and dying almost every spellcard, but that has a different reason.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:41:14 AM by KuroArashi »

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
« Reply #456 on: November 06, 2013, 06:54:32 AM »
If you're Reimu-A you can abuse warping to make dodging the post midboss enemies easy mode.

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #457 on: November 06, 2013, 07:10:02 AM »
If you're Reimu-A you can abuse warping to make dodging the post midboss enemies easy mode.

This works for me, but I like to spin around and feel like a boss  :P. I had the same problem. I kept dying while spinning but after some time I just got it right.

I watched your replay KuroArashi. It seens you are starting the spin too far below the fairies. You should start close to them focused at first and then spin around unfocused. I got a replay for you, just ignore my lame deaths and safespot abusing. I was kinda messing around.  If you find it too hard to dodge it this way, just teleport like Gothitelle said.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:42:31 AM by Shio Yamote »
1cc's:

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #458 on: November 06, 2013, 08:44:17 AM »
But I have a question of my own too:
How do I dodge the enemies after the midboss in SA's extra stage without dying/bombing? I see everyone spinning around the enemies, but I always die when I try that so I figured I must be doing something wrong. I just don't know what it is. So, I included a replay so hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Apart from not bombing on Koishi and dying almost every spellcard, but that has a different reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNWDG4nhnA&t=2m12s

That's how I do it anyway. I go counter clockwise. I also time it so I slip past before the next wave of fairies arrive from a particular side. My success rate doing it like this is 100%.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:47:03 AM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #459 on: November 06, 2013, 06:13:03 PM »
Koishi is being mean with me :ohdear:

I need help with Instinct "Release of the Id" and Depths "Genetics of the Subconscious" (I can dodge this one but its so hard to hit Koishi so I end up dying of panic.)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:15:05 PM by Shio Yamote »
1cc's:

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
« Reply #460 on: November 06, 2013, 06:47:48 PM »
Koishi is being mean with me :ohdear:

I need help with Instinct "Release of the Id" and Depths "Genetics of the Subconscious" (I can dodge this one but its so hard to hit Koishi so I end up dying of panic.)

Release of the Id: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNWDG4nhnA&t=4m50s

Hands down this one was one of my problem cards back in the day and still is if I zone out for even a fraction of a second. Don't mind my bomb usage because that was just me freaking out. Normally I don't get pushed down. How it goes after the bomb is generally how I get it done although normally I am just a "little" higher up than where I was.  It's a very quick succession of dodging between "look at the barrage to my left and slip past" followed by an immediate "look to the barrage to my right and slip past that" and repeat. It's pretty intense. I find superego extremely easy in comparison.

Genetics of the Subconscious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNWDG4nhnA&t=8m40s

It's a static pattern. Take note of where I move and when. The longer it goes on though of course the chance of being clipped increases (even for me).

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Mr Jovial

« Reply #461 on: November 06, 2013, 09:25:09 PM »
Is Momiji a static pattern or is it just a matter of "Dodge as best as  you can"? Also, what do I need to get the timer down to to avoid the streaming waterfall bonus enemy thing?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #462 on: November 06, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »
Is Momiji a static pattern or is it just a matter of "Dodge as best as  you can"? Also, what do I need to get the timer down to to avoid the streaming waterfall bonus enemy thing?
Static, but how you have to dodge is affected by her movement.  You'll find a general approach works pretty well.  I shoot her down at 12 seconds left, give or take a bit and the stream from the bottom right corner.  Usually works, unless I screw up in a stupid manner.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #463 on: November 06, 2013, 09:31:56 PM »
Thank you very much, really surprised by the speed of replies in this thread sometimes  :3

« Reply #464 on: November 06, 2013, 09:52:15 PM »
Momiji's pattern isn't static, not even the big round bullets spawn the same way every time.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #465 on: November 06, 2013, 09:54:59 PM »
Static, but how you have to dodge is affected by her movement.  You'll find a general approach works pretty well.  I shoot her down at 12 seconds left, give or take a bit and the stream from the bottom right corner.  Usually works, unless I screw up in a stupid manner.

No way it's static.
And 13 seconds works too.

Mr Jovial

« Reply #466 on: November 06, 2013, 10:14:44 PM »
Kay, I guess I'll go with its not static then. I feel like the pattern is in such a way that its much more difficult to dodge through in certain parts of the "rings" than others. I just need to figure out where the hard parts occur and avoid it, I guess :P

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #467 on: November 06, 2013, 10:17:41 PM »
When I asked forever ago I'm pretty sure I was told it was static.

« Reply #468 on: November 06, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »
You believed what you were told? You didn't ask them to proooove it? :V
I experimented it by myself and came to the conclusion that is resembles a static pattern, but it is not.
Two factors: 1) Orientation of big bullets when fired. 2)Momiji position.
The latter can fuck you up quite bad. I admit that momiji is pretty RNG but not undoable since most people in japan can do it consistently (by bombing it twice in the face :3 )

Again you can choose not to believe a single word i've uttered

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #469 on: November 06, 2013, 10:26:49 PM »
Again you can choose not to believe a single word i've uttered
What do you mean, "again"?  If you mean about MoF LNB then clearly we've had very different experiences attempting it.
2)Momiji position.
affected by her movement.
  ::)

« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2013, 10:35:27 PM »

In case some people are still uncertain, I thought I'd put this up here. Two screens of Momiji's first wave (since she starts out at the same place every time), layered on top of eachother, frame perfectly synced etc.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2013, 10:49:04 PM »
I meant as in my first sentence (the proving one). Sorry but english is too hard

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #472 on: November 08, 2013, 08:25:05 AM »
How do I capture Sakuya's Conjuring "Misdirection" with ReimuB? I can't hit her so it dispels and I don't win my extra life
1cc's:

LepLep

• BIG
  • cat
« Reply #473 on: November 08, 2013, 11:21:16 AM »

I stay in the green box here for 2 waves (slowly streaming down/right to avoid the aimed stuff) to deal damage to Sakuya then I move over to the purple box thingamabob for the next 2 or so waves streaming to the right. There may be better methods, I do not know. :derp:

Noobzor

• Grazing is fun
  • I like grazing
« Reply #474 on: November 08, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »
I don't know which method is better (it's probably just preference), but here's the one I use:
I stay at the middle of the screen, and when Sakuya's finished throwing kunais, I sneak quickly below where she'll appear next, then I get back to the middle of the screen.

Here are three replays where I capture misdirection (and miserably fail everything else in stage 5 btw). The replay with the highest score use a method I've seen in someone else's replay, this might be easier than the method I've described.
Hard 1cc's: all windows games :3
Lunatic 1cc's: EoSD, PoFV, PCB
My replays

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #475 on: November 08, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »
I like to play Misdirection by always staying below Sakuya's far-left or far-right position. She stops there for a little bit, so you'll deal more damage than if you're in the center. And, while I guess it isn't relevant if you're asking about the Normal version, on higher difficulties ("Illusional Misdirection") the aimed kunai reflect off the sides of the screen, and I find they reflect into an easier pattern if you're near the corner.

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #476 on: November 09, 2013, 04:13:49 AM »
Thanks, I finally captured it. Two last questions: How should I position myself to avoid getting walled in midboss Orin's Cat Sign "Cat's Walk", and how do I dodge those white thingies in Atonement "Needle Mountain of a Former Hell"? Are they aimed at me or away from me? (kinda hard to see it too with the other bullets obstructing my view.) Oh and I'm playing on normal.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:15:27 AM by Shio Yamote »
1cc's:

Oh

« Reply #477 on: November 09, 2013, 04:20:34 AM »
Thanks, I finally captured it. Two last questions: How should I position myself to avoid getting walled in midboss Orin's Cat Sign "Cat's Walk", and how do I dodge those white thingies in Atonement "Needle Mountain of a Former Hell"? Are they aimed at me or away from me? (kinda hard to see it too with the other bullets obstructing my view.) Oh and I'm playing on normal.

Cat Walk - follow her when she fires, stay in the middle, dodge.
Needle - aimed.

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
« Reply #478 on: November 09, 2013, 05:08:39 AM »
And if I remember right the lunatic version of the needle SC is aimed just slightly to the right was it? If you play on lunatic or plan to.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #479 on: November 09, 2013, 08:33:53 AM »
I think the "ghost wheels" (as they're sometimes called) are aimed slightly to the right of you on all difficulties. Except Easy, where they're aimed around you.