Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?  (Read 152967 times)

Re: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2013, 01:00:56 PM »
If you want to collect the spirits anyway (which often is inevitable if you want to capture the card due to not being at full power or having to do larger movements), do take your time before moving through the lasers (especially on higher difficulties, if you take them down further down the road). Cycling around Yoshika isn't necessary, I usually just collect the spirits on her left and get back down so I get continue damaging her.

Koishi's second heart spell and Genetics of the Subconscious; aaaa ;A;
For Super-ego, just stay at the bottom and try not to get pushed up dodging mainly horizontally. If you do move up too much, weave your way down asap again (or bomb). You really need to develop a feel for this card, though; it's very much like Release of the Id in that regard.
In Genetics, there are two alternating laps Koishi takes. The first is N-shaped - shoot her while she's moving down diagonally, but get out of her way at the bottom. When she reaches the top right, she aims for your position (indicated by a charging sound), so make your way to the upper left when she's on the right side to get more shooting time. In the second lap, she starts at the bottom left again, then goes upper right - upper left - lower right - aim and then the first lap starts again. You have more time to shoot her in the second lap, but the aim is harder to take advantage of. I usually misdirect her to the bottom left, then circle around the upper half and deplete her health somewhere in the third lap (full power ReimuA). The pattern she fires is static I believe, although the bullets are not terribly hard to read anyway (they can be somewhat scary when you're at the top if you're not used to them though).
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2013, 04:10:21 AM »
I always have trouble with Kanako's second to last spell. The one where the bullets force you to move from left to right to left at the bottom of the screen.

What really catches me is the red and purple triangle bullets.

Sahgren

« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2013, 01:33:10 AM »
I've been having some trouble with Reisen's "Invisible Full Moon" card. Losing track of the bullets while they're invisible keeps leading to me getting hit by them when they reappear. Is there a safer way to deal with the bullets than just sitting back and hoping that the gap is where you remember it?

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2013, 01:38:49 AM »
Stay near the magic circle, Now of course the circle closes in overtime but if you can stay in that region it will make the card alot easier. Don't use this method against her last word though.

EDIT: You can also use the moon to remember where you should be. Stay close to the edge/corner of the moon.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:41:11 AM by InfiniteWave »

Zil

« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2013, 01:47:09 AM »
The bullets have no hitbox when they turn invisible, so you can simply skip past the waves. You don't need to remember anything.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »
Invisible full moon
- When bullets turn invisible, move up inside the innermost ring of round bullets.
- If that ring closes up to be too dangerous, move up to the same level as the 4th ring of round bullets instead.
- When bullets reappear, just move down and dodge nothing.

Sahgren

« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2013, 06:47:25 PM »
Thanks for the help. I feel kinda bad for not figuring that out.
Even worse now that I realize that there was a sticky'd thread explaining it already.  :V

- If that ring closes up to be too dangerous, move up to the same level as the 4th ring of round bullets instead.

I'll try that. It's nerve-racking attempting to squeeze in between two closely spaced bullets.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »
How do I increase my reading speed so I don't get screwed over by certain attacks consistently >_>

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »
Get Rumia to claw out your eyes and glue them to the screen :P
I mean, play arcade shmups? 90fps? dunno. I have never been able to read Eternal Meek and that's not even that fast.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2013, 10:29:14 PM »
arcade shmups that I've played haven't tended to be very fun for me, and higher FPS maybe.  The problem is then though it's too fast and I can't process it at all...which rolls back over to unenjoyable territory >_>

Eternal Meek I can read, it's stuff like Kanako's opener that gets me.
Every time.

« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »
I found that PoFV is good practice to improve general read-and-dodge skills.
There are probably lots of ways, but this one is quite fun too. Well, if you already have beaten the game with all characters, this advice will probably be useless, though.

« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2013, 10:52:59 PM »
Kanako's opener is designed to make you go cross-eyed.

Just learn to dodge while cross-eyed.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2013, 05:09:43 AM »
Every time.
I can read Kanako's opener 90+% of the time but cannot read Eternal Meek at all :V
Maybe it's not about fast reading but about reading it a certain way.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2013, 12:26:13 PM »
if you can read meek but not kanako's opener, it's not aout fast reading. meek as faster bullets with slower ones mixed inbtween for a perfect "fuck you". Kanako's opener is easier. your problem probably lies in the fact that kanako's opener screws with your eyes, not the fast bullets themselves. how long can you dodge it before it becomes luckshit, where do you look when you dodge it. give us some information so we can help you.

chum

« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2013, 03:35:12 PM »
arcade shmups that I've played haven't tended to be very fun for me, and higher FPS maybe.  The problem is then though it's too fast and I can't process it at all...which rolls back over to unenjoyable territory >_>

Every time.

Play Kanako's opener more, and you will get better at it, I think.

For me, it "clicks" if I place my head 10 cm in front of my monitor while concentrating as hard as I can. If I don't do that, I die.

« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2013, 04:35:46 PM »
While we're on the topic, how do you read Mokou's rings of death? I find myself always looking far too high on the screen, so I don't watch where I'm going and die. I have exactly one 1D run on it because the RNG had mercy on me and the rings all spawned at the top of the screen, but usually I get 2D or 1deathbomb or maybe 1D1db and sometimes even 3D runs and this attack just bugs the living shit out of me. Is it just luck or is there some skill/extreme concentration involved?
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2013, 04:40:36 PM »
how long can you dodge it before it becomes luckshit, where do you look when you dodge it. give us some information so we can help you.
Depends, sometimes 3 seconds, sometimes 6.  Depends on how the rings are oriented.  I look about 3 waves above my character.

While we're on the topic, how do you read Mokou's rings of death?
I just look at the whole screen and move where I don't see bullets going, works rarely but it's been enough to get through the attack a few times.  It's a really tough attack though.

« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »
I feel bad for asking a low level question...but how do you do Parsee's "Jealousy for the Kind and Generous" (I think that's the name?) on Normal? It's the one where she shoots a trail of flowers that stay on screen for a while. With Yukari I can just follow her movement and gaphax when I reach the end of the screen, but how do you do it with other characters?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2013, 05:57:55 PM »
I feel bad for asking a low level question...but how do you do Parsee's "Jealousy for the Kind and Generous" (I think that's the name?) on Normal? It's the one where she shoots a trail of flowers that stay on screen for a while. With Yukari I can just follow her movement and gaphax when I reach the end of the screen, but how do you do it with other characters?
The easiest solution is to go in circles around the screen, staying under Parsee when you're at the bottom.
I'm pretty sure you were supposed to go through the "flowers" on normal and stay under Parsee the whole time, but circling works quite well.

« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2013, 06:19:17 PM »
I'll try circling around then. I always derp when going through the flowers

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2013, 07:57:49 PM »
Depends, sometimes 3 seconds, sometimes 6.  Depends on how the rings are oriented.  I look about 3 waves above my character.
I just look at the whole screen and move where I don't see bullets going, works rarely but it's been enough to get through the attack a few times.  It's a really tough attack though.

sounds a tad too high. try something bettwen 2 and 2.5 waves, if the half wave makes any sense to you. that way you have a better look at your sprite still. if you can dodge it for 5 seconds reliably before it becomes luckshit for you, you haven't really gotten used to cross-eyed dodging. in any case, try if watching the bullets a little lower helps. everything after that is getting used to the attack, basically. people learn at different speed, so it may take longer for you than for others. I dunno

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #201 on: June 06, 2013, 01:14:19 AM »
No matter how much I practice I can't get Koishi's "Release of the id" card. I always end up moving out of shooting range(Reimu A)  and when trying to move back toward the center I get hit.

« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2013, 08:13:40 AM »
No matter how much I practice I can't get Koishi's "Release of the id" card. I always end up moving out of shooting range(Reimu A)  and when trying to move back toward the center I get hit.
Try to stay in under Koishi all the time (obviously), around the middle of the screen.
You don't have to move much, just cross the streams of hearts diagonally when needed, and be careful of the weird hitboxes. If you're sinking to the bottom of the screen, try to go through the lanes faster. Or bomb.
This spell is really nightmarish at first (although I found Super-Ego worst), but when you get used to it, it becomes easy.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2013, 09:05:25 PM »
Ok thanks.

« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
Play Kanako's opener more, and you will get better at it, I think.

For me, it "clicks" if I place my head 10 cm in front of my monitor while concentrating as hard as I can. If I don't do that, I die.
And here I thought I was joking about going cross-eyed.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »
And here I thought I was joking about going cross-eyed.
I do "that blurry thing", so maybe.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »
Does anyone have advice for Gengetsu's second-to-last phase, or Extra Alice's final? I know they're based pretty much on dodging ability, but I might as well ask.

Zil

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2013, 11:18:34 AM »
For Gengetsu's, try to stay away from the areas that have slower bullets lingering around. Try to know ahead of time what area you're going to dodge into if something comes right at you. Alices's I'd say is more about following the lanes than really "dodging." Don't try to fight against where it leads you, just take the easiest lane you can. I think the more you play it, the easier it'll get. (In a way, kind of like VoWG.)

Heian_Alien

• Act normal...
  • Act normal!
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2013, 09:42:11 PM »
How to do Mikoto's  Reimu Omniverse? Any reliable paths for 2nd wave? Has anyone done 3rd wave? Pic fuckin' related. Resident Marine Benefit Goddess Malkyrian, any insights?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2013, 10:04:16 PM »
I can't believe I'm asking this... but I need help/advice on Ten Desires particularly against:

Yoshika's First spell card Heal by Desire - I can never capture the damn card due to that she keeps healing herself and if I don't hit the spirits I end up scaring myself into a bullet or timeout. Any ADVICE or pointers on what to do about this evil spell card will be helpful.

Yoshika's last spell card - This I'll say it up front I know that I need to dodge the red kunai bullets and through a path way past another stream and grab the blue spirits before she heals herself, but my problem lies within trying to maneuver without getting myself train wrecked by the bullet streams.  Any ideas or tips on getting pass this problem?

Seiga's Spell cards minus her mid-boss - Half of these cards are the reason I die due to getting scared or end up being clipped, although taking out Yoshika made things a tad bit easier on me, it tends to back fire due to me getting hit by a incoming bullet  or
Spoiler:
Shou wannabe
curvey lasers by sheer bad luck.  Is there anyway for me to avoid looking like a derptard when I go against her spell cards?

Note: I usually play Normal mode for challenge and try to break a certain curse I have when I play Touhou bullet hell games.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?