Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 246150 times)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #360 on: February 23, 2013, 12:24:44 AM »
> remove rumia

you are insane. rumia's the best MYS nuke you can get. it doesn't drain all the SP you have and its formular is fantastic. investing a few skillpoints in magic to outwight her not-too-great magic growth and you're set. fuck master spark.

replace marisa. she's really fucking useless against anything that's not weak to MYS. also replace eirin and tenshi/komachi (either or). for marisa, you'll want suwako for PAR and for her NTR nuke. for eirin, get yourself a status healer or a cheap healer healer. for status healing, you'll want either meiling or mystia. both are fantastic. if you use meiling, fuck komachi and tenshi and use meiling as your only tank. you don't need 2.
now, assuming you take mystia, you have 1 spot free now that you have put away tenshi or komachi. you might want to get someone who has a fire attack that doesn't drain the active gauge of everyone else. Personally, I recommend reisen. Not only can she buff herself extremely well once she has the SP, but her fire attack also debuffs kind of everything. so it's very useful. if you don't want to use reisen for whatever reason, you can also choose to take orin (she's also a great trash cleaner) or Alice. Alice would probably be more preferable seeing how you have nobody who can buff ATK and MAG at the same time (or buff it at all, really). rinnosuke doesn't count because he can only use it once.

now, if you choose to take meiling, then you should have one more space. I definitely say get iku. best offensive buffer in the game. with her, composite attackers like Flandre and Orin become much much stronger. best you can do. ther eis noone more useful when it comes to that. you can build her on MND and you also have a fantastic MND tank, which is always useful
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:27:08 AM by Sakurei »

« Reply #361 on: February 23, 2013, 12:26:58 AM »
I Eventually decided to use Meiling, But since I agreed that 3 tanks was a bit overkill, I also removed Komachi, and Eirin with her as she was the only reason I brought her. Should I also add in Mystia? Or should I do something like Suwako for a better PAR, or Mino/Sanae for a better heal?

[Edit] Yeah, Marisa was rather underwhelming. I think I will replace her.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:30:54 AM by blabla1994 »
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #363 on: February 23, 2013, 03:11:21 AM »
I didnt really wanna decide other people's parties when they arent absolutely incapable of clearing the game without massive overleveling. But that said i must state that i disagree about rumia/marisa. Thing is some characters, with some moves, tend to scale oddly. Rumia for example, is indeed quite powerful with moonlight ray *if* your level is above average. However if you strive to clear everything at as low a level of possible, her spell ends up being underwhelming.

Marisa is the opposite really, master spark effectively plows thru defenses so mich that even i youre under level it wont get reduced much (unless mystic resistance). As someone who enjoys trying to clear stuff at as low a level as possible marisa is a very powerful character since shes basically the only character in the game that can contribute meaningful dps without havin to be in the front 4 for very much at all (once master spark becomes actually affordable that is).

But regarding mystia's par, by the time full screen paralize becomes that important, you move fast enough that par'd enemies are offen dead before it wears off no matter how short.

« Reply #364 on: February 23, 2013, 03:28:51 AM »
I've beaten Baal in Disgaea. I like grinding. :V

I consider it one of my greatest achievements that I managed too get the overflow error where your attack loops back down to 1.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:31:39 AM by blabla1994 »
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

Zil

« Reply #365 on: February 23, 2013, 04:28:24 AM »
Personally, I think that if it's your first time playing the game, you should start with the default characters.

But anyway, any team with Reimu and Meiling is basically set. Unless you go out of your way to make as bad a team as possible, you can beat the game pretty handily.

« Reply #366 on: February 23, 2013, 10:10:49 AM »
Welp, Alice gave me way less trouble then Youmu did. Largely because I had access to Paralysis through Mystia, and Shikieki had enough SP to actually use Last Judgement. Being able to say "hahano" to all of Healing Light's protection through Tenshi/Last Judgement meant she went down quickly. After that, continued spam of paralysis and barriers from Reimu/Yukari ensured that nothing much happened from the enemy side.

It also might be just pure luck because none of Alice's status effects took hold on me. :V

« Reply #367 on: February 23, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »
Bumped into suwako V2 and defeated her, went to try my luck agaisnt the bloodstained boss with the freaking long name and won,now gonna hunt the rest of V2 bosses and after that i will explore the 21F, Whats the recommended level for boss rush? due to maribel waiting at the end ( only missing great question mask drop), currently at reimu 129

EDIT
Centureas beast was a dissapointment  :V i think i broke it......
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:09:19 PM by DarkAtma »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #368 on: February 25, 2013, 12:30:42 AM »
EDIT
Centureas beast was a dissapointment  :V i think i broke it......

It's supposed to be a disappointment compared to the others.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #369 on: February 25, 2013, 03:08:04 AM »
Yeah it is a bit of a chumpy boss... Until v2, v2 is another story.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #370 on: February 25, 2013, 09:51:38 AM »
Decided to switch gears to team Minoriko, the team that last beat up Maribel. First I beat up Beast of Centaurea without any difficulty, and then moved on to try out some of the V2 bosses (only managed Chen and Reisen V2, the other did too much damage). I then went to try boss rush, but ran into considerable TP issues, which isn't terribly suprising given this team's issues with trash cleaning endurance. I grinded up to Mino 135 for my next try, which got me all the way to Maribel with an almost TP dead party. I got her down to her last phase, and then: Overflowing Unnatural Power -> Hypderdimension Flying Object -> Djinn Storm -> Hyperdimension Flying Object. She ends up using HFO a lot in the fight and suffice to say, I didn't win.

Dejected by my horrible luck, I grind up another 10 levels to Mino 145. This time, I reach Mari with a rather TP healthy party (partly in thanks to adding more SKP levels into TP, and partly in being 10 levels more powerful). I got her down to her final form with little problem again. However, she happens to follow her self buff with HFO yet again, which spectacularly one-shots a 100% DEF-buffed Tenshi for around 14.5k damage in slot one yet again. I switch Remi into slot one to replace the fallen tank, only for Mari to whip out another HFO, one-shotting Remi yet again. It's now up to Ran to take up the 1st slot tank role, and thankfully she doesn't use HFO again for the rest of the battle, so I eventually take her down. I've never had such issues with the Boss Rush before, nevermind Maribel.

I then resumed grinding 20F to fill out the items on the first 10 pages. While grinding, I found: 1 Karen Device (yay), 2 Armads, and 1 Divine Spirit Barrier. Still need the Flower Blade and Scourge.

EDIT: Beat all the V2 bosses and all Blood Seal bosses. I still need to find the last two 20F drops, but I can go explore 21F now! Hibachi was taken out at Mino 166, Bloody Papa maybe a level or few higher, and Dual Hibachi at Mino 180. Bloody Papa was surprisingly easy given that both Tenshi's Sword of Rapture and Maribel's debuffing attacks failed to reduce his magic even once during the fight. However, Cirno's SPD debuffs worked perfectly to slow him down enough so that Remi and Rinnousuke could plow through his HP. Hibachi was a bit more challenging with Needle Parade being a death knell for poor Mino, but aside from that not that bad. Dual Hibachi was quite a pain, however. It was only after several attempts that I finally defeated them. It was still a very close battle, though. I started by wearing down some HP on Hibachi 2 while buffing the stats of my characters with Rinnousuke and Ran. Once my team was all buffed up, I dealt about 900k HP on Hibachi 1 before switching my focus back to eliminate Hibachi 2. Marisa gets to fire off a quick 300k Spark and switches out before Hibachi 1 gets a chance to attack. Ran switches in to shave off 60k with Fox-Tanuki (Kanako and Mari already died, unfortunately), and then Hibachi 1 launches a Needle Parade, leaving Tenshi and Remi in the front two slots with Marisa and 3 death fodder in the back line. Before getting a chance to switch Marisa in for another attack, Hibachi followed up with its Washing Machine, wiping out Remi. Tenshi then fell to a Kanon after switching Marisa in, who finished the battle with a 200k Spark.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:21:58 AM by Rukoto »

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #371 on: March 03, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »
So, how's the TAS going? Or is LoT pretty much dead? /I think it's the latter, despite me having just gotten to 3F on my first run
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Zil

« Reply #372 on: March 03, 2013, 10:04:23 PM »
Nonsense. This thread can never die...

Also I don't think anyone was actually doing a TAS for this game, as it would be too much work, unless I missed some part of the conversation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #373 on: March 03, 2013, 10:09:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure there was never a TAS?  I'm still going to do a segmented run eventually (all real time, with saves and reloads though).
The game's not dead, just inactive.

« Reply #374 on: March 03, 2013, 10:31:51 PM »
For convenience sake, I put the Sayori charagraphs I've made in a single zip, since I'm pretty much done making them.  Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cg2881ost4ncmn6

And just to repost
Original pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?04zo5xbv3gxsi7b
My folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?oo614kj77vma2

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #375 on: March 03, 2013, 10:47:38 PM »
I will only be satisfied once someone makes a ke-ta charagraph pack. he only drew like 5 characters that are in the game, though. but ke-ta art best art

LadyScarlet

« Reply #376 on: March 04, 2013, 02:02:12 AM »
Well, it's not much, but I've compiled an entirely different set of Alphes CharaGraphs. Okay, two of them are the same as the last one, but these are in higher quality. I like my new set a lot more than the previous set. What do you think?
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yqyrlzw96l9g0l4

Previews:

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #377 on: March 04, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »
oh my god a minoriko
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #378 on: March 04, 2013, 04:04:45 AM »
oh god the other Alphes Mino looks much more like it's Shizu in Mino's clothes when I look at this one

I've made a fair bit of progress with team Mino, I've just reached 24F now. I've collected the first 100 items, beaten boss rush V2, and I've taken out Celestial Bright Demon and Baal Avatar at Mino 217. Unfortunately, at Mino 220 I'm getting crushed HARD by Mari V2. The best run I've had so far went something like this: all of Mari's summons are out, Tetragrammaton refueses to use Rankain at all and so I can't hurt it at all which forces me to kill off the two wings first.  Of course, he's now at 500 SPD and now I have to bide my time, waiting for him to use Rankain so I can actually start damaging him. He finally does so, but only just after using DJinn Storm to drain my party. Orin's poison shaved off a bit of the damage I had to do, but what's left of my party at this time (heck, Mino got DTH'd by a Flux with her 30 DTH resist) pretty much has no SP. Now, Mari decides it'd be funny to cast Djinn Storm about every 3 turns on average in her final form, so I can't even build up enough SP to do any kind of damage or buff up my defenses which leads me into a slow and painful end. Subsequent runs are no better, as they mostly involve Tetragrammaton doing Djinn Storm spam and Mari tossing out a lot of Magic Drains. Is this only bad luck or am I not supposed to be fighting her at this level either aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Gonna explore 24F in the meantime :|

EDIT: Demon King's Armour can go die in a fire too
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:39:32 AM by Rukoto »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #379 on: March 04, 2013, 04:11:13 AM »
I think I usually fought her 10~15 levels later then that. Also always had Kaggy to help with killing the Tetragrammaton...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #380 on: March 04, 2013, 06:00:11 AM »
Minoriko <3

Nice work.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2013, 06:43:37 AM »
Alright, after some training and pumping of elemental affinities, I went for a rematch against Mari V2 at Mino 226 and... won without anyone dying. Yeah. Tetragrammaton started up Rankain at a good time, allowing me to kill it off first (no Djinn Storms!), and Mari used Magic Drain only once and didn't even use Djinn Storm at all either. She used her self-buff in her final form several times, but Tenshi removed her ATK / MAG buffs every time, so she wasn't really able to do any real damage to me. Overall, a stupidly smooth battle, kind of how my first fight with Mari V1 was with this team.

I also had an amusing fight against Flame Tyrant, or as amusing as it can get before you make the conscious
Spoiler:
ly insane
decision to not PAR-lock it. I specced Remi with gear to boost her FIR affinity to 479 and she takes around 27k damage from the opening Hellfire. The rest of my opening party died of course, but Remi has more than enough time to switch in Cirno to land some PAR, and then switch in Rinno and Kanako to get the boss dead fast. I switch Remi out for Sanae to pass out some Fruits, and I kind of turn my brain off for a bit, not noticing that Cirno failed to proc PAR enough times that the boss actually gets another attack in. Had it chosen Hellfire, I'm pretty sure that would have been a full party wipe right there, but I still won in the end :V

EDIT: Took out Agastobrauma at Mino 229. Had to give up on my first attempt because my debuffs wouldn't stick and it kept spamming Strengthen Jutsu faster then I could negate them and Cirno's SPD debuffs didn't want to stick. Second time around was much smoother, with debuffs proccing much more often, and the boss not spamming Strengthen Jutsu. Still a very long and tedious fight though...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:50:23 AM by Rukoto »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #382 on: March 04, 2013, 04:37:51 PM »
Blind player, making his next progress report.

No, eff it. I just did 17F and I am not touching this game nor this thread for the next week. My willpower is spent. Any more and I'll combust.

LadyScarlet

« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2013, 03:51:00 AM »
I plan to do some livestreaming of this game and a few others at my friend's birthday party on Saturday. I'll let you guys know where the stream is and what time it is when it gets closer.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2013, 06:36:02 AM »
Alright, Yuuka down at Mino 248! This was one very interesting fight, as Yuuka's high MND and MYS resistance cut down on Marisa's and Mari's potential DPS by quite a bit. Although Orin and Kana can hit Yuuka's weaknesses, their spells both factor in a large portion of Yuuka's MND, so their damage peters off quickly if their offenses aren't buffed up. Given the team I have, this becomes a pretty big problem for me, as Orin and Kana are the only two of my main attackers who can do any serious damage to Yuuka (A full powered 100% MAG Spark from Marisa falls short of 700k iirc). Against other bosses, I wouldn't care too much if it took a while to kill them off, but I can't take my time with Yuuka or I'll get outstalled by Gensokyo's Reflowering. This forces me to keep Orin active and attacking as much as possible as she's the only one who can dish out damage fast enough to wear out Yuuka, and this in turn forces ran to spam her offensive buff to keep Orin's offenses at a passable level. Things get even more interesting when Yuuka is brought down into focus range. Even with Ran spamming her offensive buff, she can't keep Orin at max magic, so taking out Yuuka's 2.5m HP before she fires off her spark is absurdly difficult, so I instead pumped Remi's hp to 63k and boosted her MYS affinity to 547. This alone isn't quite enough (as with this setup I figured Yuuka's Spark would deal about 63k to Remi), so
Spoiler:
I also had Eirin throw a Hourai Elixir at Remi so that she'd have enough HP to survive. For once Eirin saved my bacon :V
. After surviving a Spark, I have more than enough time to finish off Yuuka. I should also note that Remi did a lot of damage too, her Gungnirs were hitting for 200k, which is almost half of what a fully-buffed Kana hits with Suiga.

Next up: grinding EXP / SKP to get Remi's HP over 80k in order to have a Last Judgement sponge.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #385 on: March 05, 2013, 08:37:36 AM »
Alright, I'm somewhat recovered from exploring 17F and 18F. Let's just list what I accomplished since my last report, which was like two months ago? I don't remember.
-Beat Mokou up. Turns out however that that is not in fact the joining event for Kaguya, only for Mokou. When I returned though there was another of those Foe things. Beat that one up too, then Kaguya joined. She's awesome.
-Beat Orin up. It went surprisingly smoothly once I actually tried.
-Beat up the Great Stamp. That one was also pretty easy after all. The feaer factor was apparently the greatest challenge.
-Beat Yukari up. That one was legitimately difficult. I'm not sure what level you're supposed to be. I beat her at Reimu level 69, but it took lots of tries to not get Objective Bordered 4 times in a row.
-Fully explored F15-F18. I'm still bleeding.

I'm now at Reimu level 74 (I think?) and have Flandre and Rinnosuke available. Kourin seems pretty much infeasible at this moment and Flandre is just a luckfest to not get Laevateined when Meiling isn't out. I guess it's grinding time.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #386 on: March 05, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »
I took down Rinnosuke with Reimu at level 100, and that seems to be the average (my friends playing through did it a few levels lower, I could have won at 96ish but didn't feel like dealing with the extra luck), and a few people seemed surprised I did it that low.  You're level 74, the segmented speedrun I'm planning I'm hoping to win at level 80, to give an idea of how underleveled you are for that fight.
For Flandre, why would Meiling not be out  :V  You should be able to take her right now actually.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #387 on: March 05, 2013, 06:18:44 PM »
I'm usually comfortable challenging Rinnosuke by level 90. I've beaten him in the upper 80's before. However, 74 is definitely way too low for me to attempt. Really now, the hardest part is just getting past his first form without losing too many party members. After that, proper affinity/ailment resistance makes it easy enough to withstand his elemental forms. Then you just bum-rush his final form (only 200k HP) with strong, preferably non-elemental attacks.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #388 on: March 05, 2013, 11:28:16 PM »
Alright, Eiki down at Mino 255. It turns out that pumping Remi's HP up to 83k wasn't enough (doesn't Eiki only have 20k attack?), so I ultimately wasn't able to tank Last Judgement at all. Thankfully (or perhaps not), only a few people in the team were needed to take on the Yama, so I had plenty of people I could sacrifice to Last Judgement. For tanking I needed only Tenshi and Rinno, Mino as my sole healer, and Ran to buff up stats. Sanae was used to keep Orin buffed up, and Marisa, Rinno, and Orin were my sole damage dealers. Anyone not mentioned served no purpose in this fight other than to be foddered to Last Judgement. I had to fight her twice though, on the first round I lost to Bar of 10 Kings, and the second time I won, just after I sacced Sanae to the sixth Judgement.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #389 on: March 05, 2013, 11:34:58 PM »
There's damage variance, I've seen Last Judgement do 72,000 all the way up to 88,000.    The boss Last Judgment formula is 400% ATK from 20,000 attack stat, so that means the damage variance is +/- 10%.  83k HP would be enough to survive about 2/3s of all Last Judgments if at full health...but keeping someone at full can be a bit tricky.
That's really something I should know, but hey, now I can work out exactly how much each attack can/can't do  :V