Author Topic: Popcorn Mafia (GAME OVER - TOWN WINS)  (Read 36207 times)

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
Re: Popcorn Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #300 on: June 28, 2012, 11:48:16 AM »
Because no one bothers to read my posts, other than (I can't believe I'm saying this) rawr, Dan and Nameless. 

Rawr's latest post shows some shred of competence, but

4. With the lurking/tunneling/Oneliners id have to say it would be a pretty useless shot for today and could possibly a waste(it would be like shooting px)

as the only reason not to go after LLD, in comparison to yesterday, is shot-worthy.

His backtracking on my posts without anything to prompt it is pretty lame too, when he said my #262 was town beforehand.  Nameless' actions and interactions with Conq are pretty different.  Adapting scumreads to fit the situation is definitely a hallmark of scum play, and shooting him is the best shot today. 

I guess Neko had something legitimate on Dan, which relieves the monotony of his Affinity is bad and LLD is adjective descriptor whatever watching paint dry tv dorama, but it was rather egocentric and ineffectual (why is he inconsistent on ME.  No I wasn't.  Oh okay)?  Whatever, he's still boring, and he's back on form.  Honestly, his whole Conq thing wasn't aimed at convincing anyone and was therefore null, and he has been incubating his suspicions the entire game.  If this isn't scum coasting I do not know what is.  He's just so... passe.   Would be my second shot for the day. 

While I have often disliked Dan's connection-making, he seems rather on the ball and reasonable this game, though I disagree with that facet about Neko. The way his suspicions grew and receded on Omba seem rather organic, for example, changing with flips and situations, and thus I think him town.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #301 on: June 28, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »
Someone tell me why the above post makes me think Affinity might be town.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #302 on: June 28, 2012, 01:28:46 PM »
General heated discussion is a good thing if I you want to avoid Keine Alcohol-tan making the shot, btw.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #303 on: June 28, 2012, 03:18:14 PM »
Because no one bothers to read my posts, other than (I can't believe I'm saying this) rawr, Dan and Nameless. 

Rawr's latest post shows some shred of competence, but

as the only reason not to go after LLD, in comparison to yesterday, is shot-worthy.

His backtracking on my posts without anything to prompt it is pretty lame too, when he said my #262 was town beforehand.  Nameless' actions and interactions with Conq are pretty different.  Adapting scumreads to fit the situation is definitely a hallmark of scum play, and shooting him is the best shot today. 

I guess Neko had something legitimate on Dan, which relieves the monotony of his Affinity is bad and LLD is adjective descriptor whatever watching paint dry tv dorama, but it was rather egocentric and ineffectual (why is he inconsistent on ME.  No I wasn't.  Oh okay)?  Whatever, he's still boring, and he's back on form.  Honestly, his whole Conq thing wasn't aimed at convincing anyone and was therefore null, and he has been incubating his suspicions the entire game.  If this isn't scum coasting I do not know what is.  He's just so... passe.   Would be my second shot for the day.
Dan's consistency on having vauge suspicion on Conq still screams "bus", but aside from that I think he clarified pretty reasonably on his waffly post on me. I still find him a tad scummy, but it's not really enough to make me want to shoot.

I don't like you because you'd been nitpicking on Omba for quite a large amount of the game, and the case always seemed very weak despite how consistently you've been sitting on it. Your connections with Conq have also made you look pretty terrible as a read.
I've read your posts, I just don't feel a need to bring up a tired case when it's pretty much become "standard reasons".

The thing with Conq and me backing down is a result of my weak will, which I am currently trying to improve upon. I should have been more on the ball with defending my suspicions and gut then I was, but I didn't and I ended up flailing.

I'll admit I've not once bothered to look at Rawr, so I don't have any actual opinion on him.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #304 on: June 28, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »
I don't like you because you'd been nitpicking on Omba for quite a large amount of the game, and the case always seemed very weak despite how consistently you've been sitting on it

So a weak case = scummy?  My case was certainly reasonable enough for Serela and Dan to agree with it at one point in time, and Omba hadn't done anything close to a dialogue to dissuade me from it D2 onwards.  It warranted more than a single adjective as explanation on your part as to how it connects to me being scum.

Even if you delve into semantics and say that 'it was the 'manipulative' way I was pushing it' or some such, it was something you should have explained.  Being tired does not cut it.  There's the fact that my D1-3 is also certainly not defined by my suspicion on Omba alone, which you have failed to pass judgement on.  What you are doing is really the same lazy scumhunting you are accusing LLD of, albeit consistently so unlike rawr.  Really icky.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #305 on: June 28, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »
So a weak case = scummy?  My case was certainly reasonable enough for Serela and Dan to agree with it at one point in time, and Omba hadn't done anything close to a dialogue to dissuade me from it D2 onwards.  It warranted more than a single adjective as explanation on your part as to how it connects to me being scum.

Even if you delve into semantics and say that 'it was the 'manipulative' way I was pushing it' or some such, it was something you should have explained.  Being tired does not cut it.  There's the fact that my D1-3 is also certainly not defined by my suspicion on Omba alone, which you have failed to pass judgement on.  What you are doing is really the same lazy scumhunting you are accusing LLD of, albeit consistently so unlike rawr.  Really icky.
That doesn't defend the point that there's an obvious connection between you and Conq, how can it not be obvious you're both scumbuddies? It's like everyone suddenly forgot.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #306 on: June 28, 2012, 05:41:39 PM »
That doesn't defend the point that there's an obvious connection between you and Conq, how can it not be obvious you're both scumbuddies? It's like everyone suddenly forgot.

I hate you

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #307 on: June 28, 2012, 06:36:47 PM »

There is a more blatant connection between Conq and LLD in all honesty.  I don't think he never made a direct determination of her alignment, yet was able to use her to prod other players, like yourself and Rawr and IHNN iirc.

Don't lynch me.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Popcorn Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #308 on: June 28, 2012, 06:46:42 PM »
LLD has been prodded

55.75 hours remaining.

Timer.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:25:05 PM by capt. h »

ActionDan

« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
I bet the graveyard is having fun times right about now. 

Still needs more Serela trying to suicide by dislocating her mouth to try to eat BRAINNS.

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:13 PM »
I'm somewhat drunk. People are not posting.
This is a dangerous combination.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #311 on: June 28, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »
I'm somewhat drunk. People are not posting.
This is a dangerous combination.
Then shoot the person with the goddess of the harvest in their avatar.
Then there will be less grapes/grain/whatever.
Meaning less wine/beer/whatever.
Meaning you'll be better equipped to make the shot tomorrow.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #312 on: June 28, 2012, 10:05:51 PM »
I need more alcohol so there's only thing to do.

(That's a ##shoot Affinity, Mod)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:06:26 AM by capt. h »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Popcorn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #313 on: June 28, 2012, 10:15:02 PM »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #314 on: June 28, 2012, 10:17:43 PM »
> "I need more alcohol so there's only thing to do. Kill all the barley." Omba raises his gun to Minoriko's head.

> "Um, but, wait, no, listen to me!" the goddess stutters. "That's not how you make beer!"

> Omba, in his drunken stupor, blows the harvest goddess' brains out. Now the evil harvest goddess and all the alcohol is dead. Horray for temperance!

Affinity was shot! He flipped scum. Omba has 75 hours to pick his next target.

Timer.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 03:49:24 AM by capt. h »

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
Re: Popcorn Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #315 on: June 28, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »
Cool.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #316 on: June 28, 2012, 10:22:54 PM »
Yay my mega-post was actually right in terms of the conclusion I drew.

Now  you have to burn the rope shoot the last scum, which is most likely one of rawr/LLD.  If I have some time tomorrow I'll do what I'll re-read both.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #317 on: June 28, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »
I need to figure out a NSFW way to get alcohol out of Minoriko's remains.
Afterwards, I'll shoot someone. People might want to do the discussing stuff thing before that.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #318 on: June 28, 2012, 10:28:24 PM »
I guess that leaves LLD for my suspicions.

Does this clear Rawr?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #319 on: June 28, 2012, 10:30:58 PM »
I guess that leaves LLD for my suspicions.

Does this clear Rawr?
Affinity busses a lot, so I'd say it wouldn't clear rawr.

It's kind of hard to compare 2 people who've both done relatively little and had a bunch of posts which accomplished nothing.

ActionDan needs to say more stuff  :V  You can't coast on D1 forever.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #320 on: June 28, 2012, 10:31:11 PM »
This is War.  And I am the master of the art of War.   

The correct scum play is to hand the gun to a strong player, because eventually, they will misfire and die. 
THEREFORE, We should first think which of us as scum would hand Bard the gun.
would the pawns pick bard.  Conceivably, but the choice might have been more random.
Bard is strong.  More Likely, a more powerful piece was involved.  But who.  Affinity Omba LLD Conq.
Now who thinks you're the best? and who would give the gun to who?
LLD would not give it to Zero, that's for sure!  She might think I'd shoot her face.  But would she give it to Bard? Maybe.  She'd give it to Bard, Conq, Affinity most likely.
Omba ... Same thing, wouldn't give it to me.  Probably give it to LLD Conq Bard, not quite sure if Omba'd give it to affinity.
Affinity, Hmm, He'd give it too Bard or Conq, most likely.  He would fear them
Conq.  I think he'd give it to Me, LLD, Bard, or Affinity. He might fear Bard or Affinity, Less because he fears me or LLD, more because he'd think of us to shoot wrongly on the first Day.

So, who is the best shot.  one of Conq Affinity.  Frankly I think Conq would be the scariest opponent for scum if he isn't scum himself.  However, I would not shoot him first.  He's a valuable asset for town if he is town, and he can work better later after some people die first.  I honestly wonder about Affinity's effectiveness, so I'd shoot Affinity earlier than later.  otherwise we should go with one of the other group.  Not Serela, she'll make herself Obvious town/scum eventually.  Rawr might do in a pinch though.  IHNN is fairly easy to read so not him.

Conq's last post sounds ok, but I'd shoot the lurker.

The words of Zero!
This post also gives me the case of the guts now that Affinity is dead

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #321 on: June 28, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
This post also gives me the case of the guts now that Affinity is dead
So, who is the best shot.  one of Conq Affinity.
Ummm...either ActionDan got lucky or scumslipped.  If both LLD and rawr are town somehow then ActionDan suddenly jumped to the forefront.

Actually naming the other 2 scum in his first post before either of the scum posts looks weird, but I'm willing to chalk it up to successfully understanding who would pick Bard as first gunbearer.  For now.  It sure does look a bit suspicious though...

ActionDan

« Reply #322 on: June 28, 2012, 10:40:29 PM »
lol.

Well that was funny.  Maybe I shouldn't have had a boner for LLD's blood.  uh.  I'm going to reread again.  I wonder.  Did I have the luck of the gods?

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #323 on: June 28, 2012, 10:43:34 PM »
Also, I feel as used as a Japanese male prostitute in the 16th century.

Don't lynch me.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »
Thank you for the affinity shot.

Now shoot Rawr.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #325 on: June 28, 2012, 10:53:59 PM »
1. NekoNekoRex Town on reactions.
2. Omba lol Obv town
4. No Name Town based on Conq flip.
6. LLD lol I'm town.
8. Action Dan I have a gut town read on Dan.

PoE baby. PoE. Rawr is scum. Shooting him should be easy peasy. Get drunk and do it for me again Omba.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #326 on: June 28, 2012, 10:57:22 PM »
lol.

Well that was funny.  Maybe I shouldn't have had a boner for LLD's blood.  uh.  I'm going to reread again.  I wonder.  Did I have the luck of the gods?

ALSO, THIS POST AIN'T COMING FROM SCUM.

NO SCUMBAG DAN AS THE LAST MAN STANDING WOULD EVER GIVE UP ON MY LYNCH DEATH.

CON-FUCKIN-FIRMED.

Shoot the last scum.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #327 on: June 28, 2012, 10:58:25 PM »
with 1 scum left and 5 town we have 2 mis-shots.

Neko and ActionDan are almost definitely town, leaving LLD and rawr.
LLD would shoot rawr, rawr would shoot ??? so to hit both possible scum I'd shoot LLD.  Even if we're wrong her ensuing shot will most likely win the game.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #328 on: June 28, 2012, 11:06:23 PM »
with 1 scum left and 5 town we have 2 mis-shots.

Neko and ActionDan are almost definitely town, leaving LLD and rawr.
LLD would shoot rawr, rawr would shoot ??? so to hit both possible scum I'd shoot LLD.  Even if we're wrong her ensuing shot will most likely win the game.

Do it the other way around.

Shoot Rawr, and if he's town he should insta shoot me.

(Simply because if he ends up being town, I want the lylo shot. I trust myself to make the shot more than Rawr.)

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #329 on: June 28, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
Also, we have 3 misvigs.

We have 6 people alive. If Omba shoots wrong, 5 alive.

If the next person shoots wrong, 4 alive.

If the next person shoots wrong, 3 alive.

If the next person shoots wrong, GG no RE.

So we have 3 misshots.

And I think the shots should go as such.

Omba>Rawr (Game over.)

But just for the funzies.

Omba>Rawr>LLD>???>Dan