Author Topic: Danmakufu Wiki  (Read 8630 times)

Danmakufu Wiki
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:32:24 PM »
Hello fellow Danmakufu coders.

So. We've got this massive bit of space on the intertubes that we can use to place tutorials, sample scripts, functional knowledge, full game scripts, screenshots and whatever else related to Danmakufu.... And we're not using it.

Thus, I come here today to look for a few bodies to help with some construction. Basically, create yourself and account on the wiki and start editing. I'm looking to have a (semi-)detailed synopsis of every function we know of as well as examples of where it could be used, if possible. If several functions can be linked together under grounds of similarity, then we should have example scripts showing how they are used (for example, enemy enumeration could have a player script linked to show you how to actually enumerate enemies properly). Other things include transfering over all of our tutorials into easily navigatable tutorial pages, as well as hosting completed scripts for download, because everybody likes scripts.

As mentioned, I'm looking for people to help with this task. So even if you're new with Danmakufu and notice something that could use improvement, by all means, please edit it. Editing the wiki is no issue whatsoever, just one quick read through the edit section of any page should be sufficient to understand the mechanics of the wiki. Transfering scripts over requires no knowledge of Danmakufu, so you can always be of help. I'm gonna start editing it in the next few days or so (whenever I have free time really), so I'm hoping to see at least one other person helping, since this is a great potential english resource for Danmakufu and should not be squandered.

Thanks in advance.

http://dmf.shrinemaiden.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

tl;dr halp edit plox

Re: Danmakufu Wiki
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »
Sure I guess I could help try to prevent 7HS from turing the place into an Umineko fanfiction repository hihihihi :V
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:41:00 PM by Suikama »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:00:54 AM »
Man I feel guilty that I haven't been working on this thing but every time I get around to doing Danmakufu stuff it's always PoSR related. Maybe I should try to set aside an hour a week or something for working on it.

It doesn't help that TouhouWiki is becoming rather ad-laden and increasingly unfriendly to browse, so now's a good time to get serious about it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:03:33 AM by Stuffman »

Drake

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 12:27:11 AM »
It would be much easier if we could use the new interface. Someone should look into this.

Also, edited the Tutorial page for future copy-paste and mish-mashed some of the Basics tutorial together.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 09:15:56 PM »
I could help out with player stuff if you don't mind, I understand them well. Well, some of it, anyway...

EDIT: Mine != Mind. This mind is MINE!

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 10:46:54 PM »
Sure I guess I could help try to prevent 7HS from turing the place into an Umineko fanfiction repository hihihihi :V
Oh wait... it WASN'T fanficiton? FFFF

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 03:47:34 AM »
Before I head back to my regular duties of telling everybody on this forum to make their scripts harder (that is, get back from my vacation in two days), I'd like to bring up the Danmakufu wiki once again.

GUILT GUILT GUILT GUILT GUILT.

That is all.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 03:49:11 AM by Naut »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 11:35:02 PM »
Yeah it's the moonspeak manual, what of it? As far as I know it doesn't have anything that the translated one left out (except a diagram illustrating how the various PRIMITIVE types work).

Drake

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 11:52:03 PM »
Yeah it's the moonspeak manual, what of it? As far as I know it doesn't have anything that the translated one left out (except a diagram illustrating how the various PRIMITIVE types work).
how about NO

EDIT: oh blargel didn't edit it yet

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 02:17:19 AM »
Oh hi, I updated the wiki. Guess what? FadeOutMusic really works. And there's a much easier way to organize common data with categories. Anyway just take a look again.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 03:07:45 AM »
Oh hi, I updated the wiki. Guess what? FadeOutMusic really works. And there's a much easier way to organize common data with categories. Anyway just take a look again.

I can imagine so many awesome things to do with FadeOutMusic. Like fade out music. I might touch up on the Wiki. Esp. if I find something that I would find hard to understand. Oh! Let's provide examples! *drool* 

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 03:30:30 AM »
FadeOutMusic really works.

Ffff why didn't it work for me

Stupid Danmakufu sound code

FurryYunSeong

• The brave furry anon, now with danmaku
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 03:40:13 PM »
Excelent finds with the CommonData functions.  Who came across it and how?

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »
Excelent finds with the CommonData functions.  Who came across it and how?
1. Mainly Blargel, Drake, Helepolis and a bunch of other people on #danmakufu.
2. By looking at the official th_dnh manual

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »
I'm having trouble getting the Ex Common Data functions to work correctly so I put a little disclaimer saying that it's still being tested. Also, according to my Danmakufu, some of those functions don't even exist, such as LoadCommonDataFromReplayFileEx. It says undefined identifier when I try to call it. Googling the function comes up with a few Japanese pages, but it doesn't seem like anyone else was having the problem I was.

I also can't seem to LoadCommonDataEx correctly, though I managed to save it somehow. I'll look into this again when I have more time.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.