Author Topic: Kisume Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 48014 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Kisume Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #210 on: February 05, 2012, 02:39:29 AM »
Everything overlaps with everything. Go back into the archives and start with Barren Path, then go Ran -> Patchouli -> Reisen -> Utsuho -> Maribel -> Iku -> Nue.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #211 on: February 05, 2012, 03:03:26 AM »
You're kidding me. Damn it  :(
I'll get started on those eventually but there's no way I'd be able to finish those before this one's over, and I really like Kisume Quest so I don't really want to quit. I guess I'll just leave the overlapping parts to you guys until I have a pretty clear view of what's going on.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #212 on: February 05, 2012, 03:19:30 AM »
> Do we know anybody else in the city that we could casually visit and ask for info? if not let's hover around for a bit (out of the onis' reach) looking for Nue in the streets.

>You have a kind of knowledge of the people at the Clinic, insomuch as you can talk to them without expecting trouble. You imagine they wouldn't be happy to see you after that event with the ghost getting your spare bucket via someone fencing it to a surface world merchant. There's also a few relatively mild-mannered oni merchants you have some dealings with who value the money you manage to get more than establishing pecking orders and the like. You've also had some contact with the hell crow at the Palace, when she makes her way to the surface, but you've never really done more than say hello. You're smart enough not to mess with her. Same with Nue.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #213 on: February 05, 2012, 03:22:57 AM »
> How often are drunken and violent oni known to take to the skies? Maybe we can get to Nue's through the air and drop down on her front step rather than bounce our way through the streets.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #214 on: February 05, 2012, 03:28:26 AM »
> How often are drunken and violent oni known to take to the skies? Maybe we can get to Nue's through the air and drop down on her front step rather than bounce our way through the streets.

>Oni don't seem to like to fly very much, compared to a lot of people. You can see a few making their way, but they seem to prefer to walk, mostly. Must be some kind of musclehead thing.
>You could drop down on her front step, if you knew where it was or what it was called.

>_

« Reply #215 on: February 05, 2012, 03:32:47 AM »
> Let's take a look around hovering above the oni and see if we find her. If there's no luck, then head over to one of the oni merchants' to ask if they know where she might be.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #216 on: February 05, 2012, 03:37:09 AM »
You're kidding me. Damn it  :(
I'll get started on those eventually but there's no way I'd be able to finish those before this one's over, and I really like Kisume Quest so I don't really want to quit. I guess I'll just leave the overlapping parts to you guys until I have a pretty clear view of what's going on.

You don't need to read every single quest; I haven't read them all. If you have any questions, just go ahead and ask. Purvis is a very accommodating GM, and the others who played through the quests are all nice folks too. :3

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2012, 03:38:48 AM »
I'll get started on those eventually but there's no way I'd be able to finish those before this one's over, and I really like Kisume Quest so I don't really want to quit.

It doesn't take as long as you might think. Unless you're working a full-time job and have other commitments on the side you can bang out reading at least one thread a day. It would take you less than a month to get through everything.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2012, 04:39:52 AM »
> Let's take a look around hovering above the oni and see if we find her. If there's no luck, then head over to one of the oni merchants' to ask if they know where she might be.

>You start floating over the streets, keeping an eye out for Nue, and see nothing like the crazy-winged youkai anywhere, just a lot of oni going about their business. Some occasionally cast looks up in your direction, many of those disapproving, but thus far no one has decided to act on it.
>You decide to check one of the merchants you know, and settle on one close to the edge of the of the market in the center of town, so you can make a quick getaway if needs be. The vendor is a small oni with a single horn, only a bit over four feet tall, who deals in fried rice. You like to splurge here when you  have the money to spare. Thankfully, she is in business at the moment; hours in this city are always erratic; and not business. She notes you with a nod, then says, "Alroit, then."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »
> "Hey. You seen a white-haired guy come around here? Looks like a farmer?"

« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
> Specify that this is a human we're talking about. Or at least he looked like one.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2012, 05:32:51 PM »
> "Hey. You seen a white-haired guy come around here? Looks like a farmer?"
> Specify that this is a human we're talking about. Or at least he looked like one.

>She considers for a moment, then says, "Yeah, I think I might've. I was busy cleaning out some bowls, so I didn't pay him too much mind."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2012, 06:28:42 PM »
> "So you didn't see him doing anything funny?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2012, 06:37:11 PM »
> "So you didn't see him doing anything funny?"

>She shakes her head. "Gonna get into trouble just walkin' around like that," she says. "Not that I have to tell you that sort of thing."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2012, 07:37:53 PM »
> "Howzabout where he was going?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
> "Howzabout where he was going?"

>The oni shrugs, and gives a general gesture toward the north, where the bulk of the city lays. "Wasn't paying attention."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »
Well, what do people want to do now?

« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2012, 08:47:57 PM »
>Is the clinic in the general direction that was indicated?

It might be worth asking there, even if it isn't. After all, we can probably expect a generally more helpful response from them, if they've actually seen anything.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
> Wander over in that direction.  We're not getting much of use out of this one.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2012, 09:23:41 PM »
>Is the clinic in the general direction that was indicated?

>The Clinic is opposite of the direction that the oni indicated.

> Wander over in that direction.  We're not getting much of use out of this one.

>Which direction is that direction, the clinic or the way the oni indicated? How will you be getting there?

>_

« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »
>"How long ago do ya think that was, now?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2012, 10:39:16 PM »
>"How long ago do ya think that was, now?"

>"Couple hours, maybe?" says the vendor.

>_

« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2012, 10:58:58 PM »
>Does our encounter with this mystery man feel like it was anywhere near a couple hours ago?
>For that matter, how long would it take one to get from our original lurking spot to the Ancient City, at a reasonable pace?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2012, 11:09:36 PM »
>Does our encounter with this mystery man feel like it was anywhere near a couple hours ago?
>For that matter, how long would it take one to get from our original lurking spot to the Ancient City, at a reasonable pace?

>You don't have a good sense of just how long you were unconscious.
>You're not so good at judging walking paces, but maybe ten to twenty minutes?

>_

« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2012, 11:30:21 PM »
>Oh, we were actually fully unconscious at some point? Funny how you can misinterpret things you read...
>"Huh. Well, thanks."
>Move off a little in the indicated direction, and rise up high to get a better look at the overall city
>Can we see any unusual congregation of people? Or any spot where activity seems unusual in some fashion?

« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »
Perhaps we should find Nue, since she gave us the info when that issue with the currency in Gensokyo happened (which I assume is a reference to an earlier Quest) and seems like our best chance at an informant around here.

« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »
Well, we don't have any special relationship with her, and don't specifically know where to find her. She'd be fine enough if we bump into her, but at this point I think that anyone who may have seen the guy is good enough to ask, provided we can avoid ticking an oni off.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2012, 11:51:29 PM »
>Oh, we were actually fully unconscious at some point? Funny how you can misinterpret things you read...
>"Huh. Well, thanks."
>Move off a little in the indicated direction, and rise up high to get a better look at the overall city
>Can we see any unusual congregation of people? Or any spot where activity seems unusual in some fashion?

>You imagine so, you'd like to think that you would notice being drug into unfamiliar grounds if you were awake.
>"No problem," says the vendor. "Buy something next time."
>You move a bit northward, take to the air again, and look around. You don't immediately note any particularly disturbances or unusual gatherings of people. You do catch sight of a brawl nearby, but that is rather common.

>_

« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2012, 11:56:05 PM »
>How much of the city can we see from this vantage? At least, how much of it can we see well enough to notice if there was something notable going on there?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2012, 12:18:24 AM »
>How much of the city can we see from this vantage? At least, how much of it can we see well enough to notice if there was something notable going on there?

>It varies, some places have the buildings together more tightly, and other places there are larger streets. Some places, you can see quite a distance, and others, you note, have some blind spots.

>_