Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Story Thread)  (Read 149102 times)

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Story Thread)
« Reply #360 on: June 03, 2009, 10:08:41 PM »
0610PM, Saniwa Shrine, Day 4

"OK, " sighed Amarillo "Let's sort the things out when we have time and before the situation become worse."

"But how to do that?" Asked Lily.

"Simple, grab me a paper, and a pen."

After Lily handed the pen and paper, Amarillo put the paper on the table, then draw a eclipse in the middle, labelled "US"

"This circle means all of us, this contains beings originally from Gensokyo and our friends." She make the center eclipse bolder, then devided it in half.

"Humans originally from out of Gensokyo, and pure Gensokyo residents. Relationship: Ally." She stated.

"So that equals Me and You, right?" Lily saw the two parts of the eclipse.

"Pretty much, I'm just making it clear." Amarillo draw a two-headed-arrow in the two parts.

"Then, it's the soldiers we saw in various occasions, namely on 2 days ago and just now." Amarillo drew a square away from center, labeled "? Military"

"Their reason is unknown, and they are not targeting me, so I'll put the worse accussion that their target is we all." Amarillo drew another arrow, but single-headed, connected from the square to the center. "Unknown Military Force, Enemy."

"And my sis once said of some people that's bad but not in the military" Lily white took the pen and drew another square.

"Hmm, they should be the Yazukas intown, every place have some of those." Amarillo said. "However, their motive is unknown, maybe they only want to cause some havoc. So...." She stopped Lily from writing "Enemies" and changed that to "Neutral".

"Do you mean that we can make them to help us?" Lily White asked.

Amarillo smiled sadly, "Well, if you ask me that question three months ago, I would say yes, however, now I cannot make sure. Humans are hard to predict. So let's always make the worse possibilities."

Then her face brighted up again, "Now there are my friends, however they are not able to interfere. " She drew the EFA Logo in a corner, then drew a stick figure and labelled S.R on it.

"Huh?"

"Ahh, secret informaion. since I'm not sure on myself." Amarillo looks at the stick figure,

"So this is all we know on fractions, right?"

"Pretty much, now let's talk about our next move. You are different from others because you are with me and you cannot hide your wings, which make you a big target."

"Er... I see Kojiro can surprass his mana flow and disable Remi's wings, and you can't do that on me?"

"Nope, my ability is passive, it will always give out energy to sustain others."

"It's sad in an extent, somebody who only heals others but not herself." Lily looks at Amarillo's arm, "say, is the wound on your arm really healed?"

"Well, that's because of your power. I think it's healed, however, if you are not... err... treated me like that it will take longer."

"Ahem.. Back to topic." Noticing that she is derailing the thought herself, Amarillo stopped talking and thoughts for while.

"I thought of some way to hide your wings." She said.

*AFTER A WHILE*

"Hah.. It's only a merge." Lily compalined.

"It's not that easy, see." Amarillo stand in front of the mirror, and closed her eyes.

And her wing disappeared.

"Just as I thought, I can control what ability I can use when merge with you, thus hiding the wings."

"Hah..."

"So when we are heading out you will be hiding in my body, I promise I'll protect you." After Lily come out from Amarillo's body, she heard Amarillo speaking.

"Now let's grab something to eat, shall we?"

[Next part will be after MTG's scheduled next basketball duel post.]

Break anything that stands between you and them!

mad

« Reply #361 on: June 04, 2009, 03:39:43 PM »
Junes Construction Site, 00:44, Day 5

Jalal(currently female) and Eirin(currently stoned) were sneaking around trying to figure out where the hostages and a good sniper nest were.
"A basketball game for freedom?" Jalal asked.

"I figure they feared getting flattened at dodgeball," Eirin replied.

"But, that would take meta knowledge," Jalal replied while wearing circular mask with two colors - white on one side, blue on the other, divided cleanly down the middle - held on by leather straps and through which sight is achieved through a rectangular hole, through which no facial characteristics can be discerned save the irises and a pair of head phones connected to a MP3 player(no points for guessing the song). Also, a cape.

"That was one huge block of text the narrator used to describe your attire," Eirin said.

"I agree that was little long winded"

...well...Just get on with it! A rock fell on his head. Jalal was wearing a camo suit designed for urban warfare now.

"I didn't have a problem with it, I was only suprised that you would puit in so much effort on something to unimportant."

End of conversation! Get going already!

"Sorry"

They came upon Team Silent Sinner consisting of a human

"How about some names?"

Get them yourself. They came upon Team Silent Sinner consisting of a human, two lunarians and a rabbit girl.

Jalal and Eirin came up behind them

"Um... Because I think our luck just ran out," Reisen II said.

"Well, can I offer you some lucky charms(the cereal) then," Eirin said while pulling a few pieces out of a bag.

"I think we found your students," Jalal said.

"I can see that," Eirin replied.

"You trained a magical girl? You know, the love and justice kind?"

"I don't recall doing anything of the sort"

"Well, love is a powerful force, especially when it is concentrated into a coherent beam of destruction."

Jalal then turned to Team Silent Sinner.

"Hello, I'm Jalal McWallace. I believe you already know Eirin. Who might you be?"
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #362 on: June 05, 2009, 01:52:37 PM »
During the Basketball Match, Midnight Day 4

This has sure become messy, Amarillo's guesses have foiled.

It seems that the Yazukas are actually enemies now, and they captured some one and made them into some brute basketball match.

"Hmm, backstreet basketball, right?" Amarillo murmured.

She have heard and seen people playing it, and if it's a regular game with her speed and agile body she won't hit once by that ball.

However, now it's harder, since the oppotents are using full-powered danmaku-styled attack.

"So you are thinking weather you should join." said Lily White.

"Yeah, and I'm happy that I did a good choice by hide you in me, so you didn't caught by these people. Never thought Yazukas in this time-frame is so bad."

"Oh, whatever. And we are losing~"

Ingored Lily's moans, Amarillo is thinking how Ryoji can break the rules.

She herself is considered to have a body that constantly provide other lifeforce, however, that lifeforce can only used by weak fairies. If they fused with her that's another story, but she can still only provide one deity.

That guy over there, seems out of human realm, since he is providing over three people with 100% power.

"Not even my ability cube can do that... If 20 cubes chained together it will do. but I wonder if they have that technology here..." Amarillo thought.

"Maybe it's a mana generator?" Lily asked.

"Probably. However it's not that we are likely to get it."

Amarillo thought for a while.

If I can dodge the balls before it hit me, I can make a turnover.

However If I get hit once, the effect will be devastating.

If only I can dodge the ball that shot at me while launching a counterattack...

Wait a minute...

"dodge the ball"

THAT's IT!

And Amarillo is sure that Lily gets that too.

"So you want to cheat." Lily "smiled".

"Well, by using that mana-generator-thingy, they are cheating. So why us?" Amarillo said.
"Now let's get something that will hide the wings, and we only use it when a attack is coming, so they will have no reason to say that we are cheating."

"Can we really do it?" Lily asked. "If you are hit by the ball... We both will be out."

"Yes, we had to do it!"

And Taihou put his ball into his own basket, scored the oppotent a mark.

"... ... Oh whatever."

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #363 on: June 05, 2009, 03:09:48 PM »
A street outside the construction site, 00.35 AM, Day 5, featuring Toshiro, Yamame, Orin, and Chloe

?T-Toshiro!? Yamame?s rapid footfalls echoed in the darkness as she ran after Toshiro, Rin clutched protectively against her chest. ?I-I don?t think that was right. He?s your father. I-I?m not worth?.?

?It doesn?t matter Yamame, not anymore.? Toshiro halted abruptly under a pool of light shed by a street-lamp, causing Yamame to run into his back. He turned around to face his two little charges, a brave, though rather sad smile on his face. ?I?ve been meaning to escape that man for years. And now I?ve done it.?

?But?it was because of me that?.? Yamame began, bowing her head apologetically.

?No.? Toshiro shook his head. ?I?? He began, before a noise rudely interrupted him.

Kathunk?Kathunk?

The hollow thudding noise caused the three of them to jump out of their skin (or, in Orin?s case, her fur).

It came from a parked car nearby?.more specifically, the trunk of said car.

??.elp me?.? A muffled voice called out from inside the trunk.

??.did the trunk just talk to me?? Toshiro blinked.

??.I think there?s someone in there, Toshiro?? Yamame whispered, stating the blindingly obvious. ?And she wants help??

??? Toshiro gulped. He scanned the darkness beyond for any signs of movement?

?none. Then again, if there were, they would?ve noticed the loud banging the girl was making.

He cautiously approached the trunk and gave it two light raps with his knuckles, causing the sound from inside to cease completely. ?Sssh?I?m going to help you.? He hissed as loudly as he dared. ?But pipe down or you?ll bring whoever put you in there over here.?

?Wait here for a second.? He whispered to Yamame. ?And watch our backs.?

He stepped around the car and checked for the blinking red alarm indicator on the door or dashboard. There was none. He decided that it was safe to assume that either it didn?t have one or it was off.

Pretty careless of them?

He crept back to the trunk and tried the handle. It was locked. That was obvious. But it was worth the try.
?Hurry, Toshiro?they might come back at any moment?? Yamame said in an urgent whisper. ?How are you going to get it open?? Yamame asked.

?This.? Toshiro took out a small swiss army knife and began fiddling with the lock. And before long a perceptible click announced their success.

The trunk?s lamp flooded the trunk with light to reveal a girl with chestnut-brown hair dressed in a blue denim dress, bound at her wrists and ankles. She had been gagged, but had somehow managed to spit her gag out. Toshiro gaped. Well, he had been expecting SOMEONE inside the trunk, but?.

??.well??? the girl asked, raising her eyebrows at him.

?Err?.hi?? Toshiro managed.

?I think we should untie her.? Yamame said, bringing Toshiro back down to earth. ?The sooner the better.?

?Smart girl.? The bound girl nodded over at Yamame.

?Euh, um, yes?? Toshiro nodded, making quick work of the ropes with his knife. ?Ok, that should do it.?

?Ah, thanks for that?? The girl stretched luxuriously while gently nursing the marks the rope left on her wrists.

With a graceful leap she leapt out of the trunk and landed almost soundlessly on the asphalt. She turned to pick up her backpack which her captors had thoughtfully thrown in the trunk along with her. Oh, and her wide-rimmed hat, which she straightened out and plopped back on her head.

??err?do you want me to call the police?? Toshiro asked. It looks like rescuing damsels in distress was becoming a daily occurrence for him.

?If you like.? The girl said. ?But do that after I?m gone, ok??

?Huh, wait, where are you going?? Toshiro asked as the girl turned to leave.

?Hmmm?.right now?? She asked, as if she was only heading out for fresh air. ?Well, those strange people who put me in there caught some other girls too, I think. I?m going to try help them if I can. After that?. I?m off to wherever the wind takes me.?

?Other girls?? Toshiro blinked. ?Err?wait! Let me help you!?

??.? The girl blinked. ?It might be dangerous, you know.? She pointed out matter-of-factly

?I know that.? Toshiro said, impatiently.

?Those bad people have guns, you know.? She added.

??.err?.? Toshiro hesitated.

??and you?re just a kid.? She concluded.

??wait, you?re even younger than me!? Toshiro protested. ?You look about Yamame?s age!?

??.y?know, that?d make her old enough to be your great grandma?? Yamame muttered aside, but not loud enough for Toshiro to hear.

?Besides, you can?t leave the poor girl and kitten behind, right?? The girl nodded over at Yamame and Orin. ?Oh, thanks for bailing me out. I owe you one.? She said, before turning to leave.

?H-hey, your name?? Toshiro called after her.

?Chloe!? She answered. ?I got your names, Toshiro and Yamame. Till we meet again.? And she disappeared into the darkness, backpack and all.

??.? Toshiro blinked. ?Well?that was random.?

?That?s that.? Yamame nodded.

??.?

?You want to help her, don?t you?? Yamame sighed. ?Come on, let?s go.?

?Huh? Yamame?? Toshiro ran after Yamame?s retreating back. ?It?s too dangerous!?

?Yes, that?s why I?m going. You?re helpless by yourself.? Yamame replied, and soldiered on into the darkness, ignoring Toshiro?s protests.

A corner of the construction site, 00.50 AM, Day 5, featuring team Lunatic, team Silent Sinner, Toshiro, Yamame, Orin, and Chloe

??.EIR-?? Yorihi-*cough*-Lunablade cried, before a pair of hands muffled her cry. ?Ummph! Ummph!? She struggled against Toyohime?s hands.

?Sssh?they?ll hear us!? Toyohime hissed urgently. ?Yagokoro-san, what are you doing here?!? She whispered.

?Breathing.? Eirin shrugged nonchalantly. ?Maybe you can say ?existing???

??? Toyohime would have facepalmed if only her hands weren?t occupied.

?We can have your bloody tearful reunion later.? Nate hissed. ?Right now we?? He suddenly went quiet upon hearing the sound of soft footsteps behind them. He nodded over at Jalal who, being in the rear, was best positioned to take them on.

However, Jalal was quite annoyed that this particular narrator wouldn?t be more descriptive regarding what exactly was creeping up on them. Even worse, the need for silence prevented him from making a scathing witty break-the-4th-wall comment against the narrator.

And thus he settled for bracing himself for the encounter?

As the sound of shifting gravel came from just around the corner, Jalal leapt out into the darkness, hands outstretched to tackle whatever was in his way.

?GOTCHA!? Jalal declared triumphantly as his fingers closed around warm flesh. ?..err?.wait a sec?? He blinked. Two menacing yellow eyes peered back at him in the dark.

It hissed menacingly.

?It?s a cat.? Jalal said, simply.

?A cat is fine too.? Eirin said from behind him.

WHOOMPH?.

?Sorry?? Chloe said in a singsong voice as she leapt off where she had landed on Jalal?s head and sprang towards Eirin. Behind her Toshiro and Yamame were already in mid-leap towards Nate and the Lunarians when?

?Wait a sec?? Eirin said in a slow but commanding voice, causing everyone to freeze, while catching Chloe by her forehead and holding her out at arm?s length. ?You?re that pestilence spider.? She said, nodding at Yamame.

?The healer.? Yamame acknowledged Eirin. ??.Toshiro, I don?t think they?re the enemy.? She said to Toshiro. ?At least, not the immediate enemy?? She added.

?lemmegolemmegolemmego!? Chloe hissed and spat as she flailed her arms in midair.

?As you wish.? Eirin released her hold, causing Chloe to fall on her butt.

?We can attempt to kill each other later, plague spider.? Eirin said, nodding at Yamame. ?For now, let?s focus on saving?? She looked around at Jalal. ?Oh, do get up, Jalal. I doubt the little brat was lethal.?

??.? Jalal was muttering something incoherent about nasty narrators and zoo inhabitants or something like that.

The narrator merely smiled smugly.

?So you?re all trying to save the captives?? Toshiro asked, looking around at the band of strangers.

?I?m wondering about that too.? Nate said. ?But for now I?ll assume we?re allies.?

?That?s good enough to work with. I?ll leave it at that. We can get introduced later?or not.? Eirin said, taking Jalal?s pocket communicator out of his pocket.

?H-hey!? Jalal gasped. ?T-that?s?!?

?Here.? Eirin said, tossing it to Nate. ?The GPS is active. That?ll lead you to the hostages. I want you to go get the ones being held in the container on the northwest side of the site. I?ll go get the ones held in the trailer. Don?t keep that on for too long or the mana drainage will kill you.?

?Got it.? Nate nodded, memorizing the location.

?You two kids, you go with him.? Eirin said, nodding at Toshiro and Chloe.

??.can she be trusted?? Toshiro whispered aside to Yamame.

??.you can trust her to put pesticide in your food.? Yamame hissed, through gritted teeth. ??but for now, I think we have a common enemy.?

?Well-said, plague spider.? Eirin said. ?Now, let?s get to it.?

OOC: More later.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »
The Basketball Game 12:50 AM Day 5

Voice in head: Now go right. RIGHT! Dammit! I said go right!

Austin: (Thinking) could you please shut up for a sec, so I can concentrate?!?

Voice in head: Jeez if you can't do it right, let me take over!

Austin: RGH!

Nitori: Austin, is something wrong?

Austin: I-it's nothing. (thinking) No way man, I'm not going to let you!

Voice in head: Alright, your loss...

While the arguement in his, or rather her I should say, head, the score bumped up again.

7-0

Voice in head: Alright, go left this time. LEFT, DAMMIT!!!

Junes Department store, upper floors

Ria had pulled some iron bars from the ceiling and quickly converted them into makeshift swords.

Ria: Kaguya, hold out for just a little longer. I'll be there soon.

Alleyway near Junes

Marx and Cirno had decided to rest for a bit.

Cirno: You'd think it'd be easy to find the others...

Marx: They're being masked by something. Whatever it is, I can't sense the hosta-!

Cirno: What's wrong!?!

Marx: We're being watched, or rather, our shadow clones.

Cirno: Eh? Really? Even with that weird radar thing you gave me, I can't see the person.

Marx: Persons, actually.

Where Yagi is...

Yagi: Only if it doesn't keep me from finishing things with Alex 1 on 1.

Marx: Is that so~? Sounds important.

Yagi and Yuka turned around to see Marx standing behind them.

Yagi: Where's Cirno at?

An immense, cold feeling crept up un front of his neck, followed by the sharp feel of a sword.

Cirno: Right here.

Yuka: Master eeeeeehhh...

Marx pointed one of the Dragon Teeth at Yuka and faced the other at Yagi.

Marx: I believe this is what they call, checkmate.

She openned one side of Yagi's shirt and exposed part of his chest. Marx bared her fangs and crept closer. But Yagi wasn't about to let this happen. Yagi kicked Marx's

Yagi: URYAAAAA!!!!

Cirno: You bastard!

Cirno began to slash with the blade, but was kicked away by Yuka.

Cirno: Damn!

Marx: No choice, I guess.

Cirno fell to the ground and begun writhing in pain

Cirno: UWAAAAA!!!

Yuka: She's absorbing Cirno's mana?!?

In a few, short moments, Cirno was a withered husk, and Marx ratiated with power. Unusual wings extended from her back. Even her voice was different.

Marx: I will take all of your mana!

Marx lunged at Yagi, but was hit by something very hard. It was Yagi's fist. Part of Marx's abdomen was now missing.

Marx: D-Damn...

Marx fell over, dead.

Yagi: Hmm, maybe I used a bit too much energy.

Yuka: Master, look!

Marx's body, as well as whatever was left of Cirno disinegrated into nothing. Yagi and Yuka could hear a voice in their heads.

Marx's voice: Nice display of power. Too bad that wasn't actually me, it was just an illusion.  Where am I, you may ask. Well, obviously not here, dipshit. You wont find me, as nothing can break through my illusions. Well, if you still want to try and find me, good luck chasin shadows. *cue evil laugher, female verision anyways*

Yagi felt a tiny trickle of blood go down his neck as the laughter rang in his ears.

Where Marx actually was- Junes Department, upper levels

Marx: *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough*

Cirno: Hey, take it easy.

Marx was on her knees, coughing up blood. That last illusion took up a little bit too much of Marx's mana.

Marx: I'll be alright. I just have to avoid exerting myself while the mana comes back to me. Ah, there we go.

Marx got back up and continued her journey to the rooftop with Cirno.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:34:40 PM by Etch-E-Sketch »

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #365 on: June 07, 2009, 02:54:54 AM »
The Inn's kitchen, 11:54, Day 4

Sanasan and Renko were cleaning up their mess from the food they had made(strange stew that even they had no idea what to name).

"Do you think it was a good idea not to check the internet for a recipe this time?" Sanasan asked, washing her hands.

"Nah, I think we needed to do something different. Copying a recipe is so boring anyway." Renko said as she rinsed a pot.

"I guess. But what if it didn't taste good?"

".....Everyone makes mistakes?" Renko shrugged.

Suddenly, the two heard an explosion somewhere nearby.

".....What was that?" Sanasan asked.

"I don't know." Renko said. "Did it came from the dining room?"

The two ran to the dining room to see the doors already open with smoke pouring out.

"What happened here?!" Sanasan said, surprised.

"What's with this smoke?!" Renko asked. "You think it was our stew?"

"It can't be, even we can't make stew EXPLODE."

"Listen up, Saniwa shrine! We're taking some of your little friends for a little ride." The two heard a voice say. "If you want to see them back alive, tell those boys from the other day to come down to the construction site beside Junes in an hour. You know the rules. No cops, no funny business.....or your little friends' ride will be a one-way trip."

"....Did they just say 'if you want to see them back alive'? Someone's been kidnapped?!" Sanasan said, worried.

"Who're 'those boys from the other day'?" Renko scratched her head in confusion. "Do you remember annoying any particularly dangerous people over the last few days?"

"You know me, I go out of my way to make sure I don't annoy people." Sanasan explained.

"Well someone's mad, and it looks like that someone's pretty serious about revenge too." Renko said with a serious look on her face.

The game, 12:55AM, Day 5

Sanasan had never really been a big fan of organized sports; she would much rather sit in a quiet room with a nice book instead. Unfortunately, it seemed that the time had finally come for her to play. The Yakuza had challenged everyone to a basketball game, and losing would mean working for them and losing their contracts. After multiple incidents, including teams scoring on their own net, the score was 7-0 for the Yakuza.

"Why does it have to be basketball?!" Sanasan complained.

"Don't ask me, they're the ones who chose it, remember?" Renko sighed. "Just....pass the ball and don't get hit."

"If you say so..."

After a minute or two, the ball ended up in Sanasan's hands, and Yakuza headed straight for her. She hesitated.

"Pass the ball!" Renko shouted to her.

"Alright, I....AACHOO!"Sanasan began, before she sneezed all over the Yakuza heading for her. They stopped in their tracks for a moment, wiping their faces before pushing her painfully into a pile of cardboard boxes and stealing the ball. Renko ran over to her.

"Are you ok?!" Renko asked.

"...Yeah..."Sanasan replied. "Did they get the ball?"

"Well..." Renko looked away. Sanasan saw someone slam the ball into the net.

"....This isn't looking too good, is it?"

Score: 8-0

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #366 on: June 07, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »
OOC: Sigh...in the end I didn't manage to finish the backlog of personal character development posts. I guess they'll have to come later. For now, let's get the story moving...

Also, apologies for the quality of the post yet again. I rushed it, as I've got a lot of things to get done today.

The cooking contest, Saniwa Inn's Kitchen, 5.25 PM, Day 4

??*hic*?? Mikoto hiccupped a little as the soup slowly simmered before her. Random eyes and appendages bubbled to the surface of the soup before slowly sinking once more.

??hiccups ze?? Marisa asked.

?No?rather, it?s the sake, I think.? Reimu sighed. ?The alcohol fumes are getting to her.? She said, as she casually bashed a tentacle that was creeping out of the noodles with a tenderizer hammer.

?Hehehe, so you have low alcohol tolerance, Koto-neesan?? Suika giggled, patting Mikoto on the back. Alice, meanwhile, was grappling something that looked like sentient sludge back into the oven. After kicking the oven door back shut she turned the flames to max. WHOOMPH! The roaring flames lit up her face ominously as whatever was in the oven gave out a dying shriek.

?I-I c-can *hic* tolerate a-al-alcohol?? Mikoto wobbled a little. ?I-I?m B-Bri-Brit?euh?.European??

The judges were explaining to the frustrated commentator that team FUBAR was attempting the ancient art of ?intelligent cuisine?, where intelligence was actually induced in the cuisine itself, creating a flavour with all the completeness of life, from confused birth to agonizing death, or something like that, but Mikoto was too dizzy to understand.

There were stars in her eyes, small patches of bright light dancing around in the darkness?

?.wait. Patches of light? But she?s blind. How??

??? Mikoto staggered a little.

?Hey, Mi-chan, are you all right?? Marisa asked. Her face loomed up in one of the patches of light. Wait?she can see?

But even with her vision back, she still had a blindfold on. How did she??

?Don?t fall over this way.? Suika said, supporting Mikoto from behind. Her concerned look flashed in Mikoto?s vision.

But?Suika?s behind her. Even if she had vision, how?d?.

?I?m?ok, I think.? Mikoto blinked. The darkness was back, as pitch black as before.

Maybe it was just her imagination? A little alcohol-induced hallucination?

She shook herself out of it and quickly resumed work. They had a competition to win. She can ruminate on this later.

She bashed another tentacle that was slowly curling around her shoulder with a well-aimed frying-pan smash, sending it hissing back into the noodle soup. Suika immediately responded by drowning the contents of the soup in more sake.

Besides, if she took her attention off the food, she might end up food herself?.

Later, during the dessert round...

?Euhh?*hic*...? Mikoto leaned against a wall for support. Her cheeks were flushed bright red.

?DIE DIE DIE!? Reimu shouted, dumping more sake into the giant cake mixing bowl. Something shrieked and hissed in agony from the depths of the batter. ?Clear!? She shouted.

Alice came up behind her holding a high-power electric whisk as if she was holding a machine gun. She stabbed the whisks into the batter, eliciting a high-pitched gurgle of pain, before turning the whisk on max, causing the batter to go ?EEEYAAAAAGHH ?ekh?.?

??.all this sake vapour?s bads for us ze?? Marisa murmured whoozily, the dizzying odour of sake filling the kitchen once more as Reimu dumped another bottle of sake into the struggling batter . ?I?m getting all dizzy-whizzy myselfs daze."

?Tie it down! Tie it down!? Alice shouted, holding the struggling mixing bowl down as Suika wrapped chains around it. ?Reimu! We need something stronger! I think the flour and butter are fighting world war III down there!?

Reimu unscrewed a black barrel coated with warning signs and a huge biohazard symbol, causing huge amounts of dense smoke and steam to burst out ominously. She reached in and brought out the sake to end all sake, the ?Heaven?s Feel? Sake.

?Oooh!? Aya gasped. ?The legendary sake! Known to give you a small taste of Heaven by actually sending you there. Some even say it?s a one way trip!?

Everyone on team FUBAR donned their welding masks and braced for impact by holding onto the most secure thing they could find, things like the refrigerator, the counters, Flandre, and other such objects.

?I want a go for launch.? Reimu said.

?You haves go for launchs, red leaders ze.? Marisa nodded, from behind the buffalo that had been rejected by team Starlight earlier. ?Ignition in T minus 3, 2??

??.Rest in peace?? Reimu whispered, before unscrewing the cap and upending it over the mixing bowl.

The contents of the bowl let out an ear-piercing scream of pleasure and agony as a huge mushroom cloud of death exploded over the bowl.

?.and then there was the empty silence following the death of an entire civilization?.

??.? Alice looked around at Suika. ?Is the oven ready?? She asked, casually.

?Ready!? Suika reported.

?Then let?s send that abomination back where it belongs.? Alice said. ??hell.?

===Later===

?Hot, hot!? Alice yelped, trying her best yet failing miserably to hold onto the hot cake pan. Unfortunately she tripped over the elephant?s foot team Starlight had left behind earlier. The pie sailed up?and up?and up?.

?The pie!?

It happened again. It was like a splash of light?but Mikoto didn?t sense it through her eyes?but rather, it was like a window had opened in her mind. She didn?t ?see?. Rather, she ?knew? where everything was around her. She could ?feel? their exact location and position in space, everything from the pepper sprinkler atop the counter to Alice?s flailing and falling figure to the spiraling noodle bowl and the spinning saucer that was the pie flying up in the air, to the small droplets of cream in the air around them.

She could catch them! It seemed so simple! If she can just move her body fast enough!

?IYAAAAAA?!? Mikoto launched herself forwards into the air?

Her fingers grazed the cake pan?

?she closed her fingers around the hot metal?They burned, but she grasped it as tightly as she could?

?and she fell, sliding headlong across the kitchen linoleum, before coming to a squeaky halt. The cake pan clattered onto the floor harmlessly, its contents intact. But just as Mikoto was about to let out a breath of relief, all the wind in her was blown out by Alice falling squarely on her back.

?.and everything went black again. That illusion of vision faded back into darkness?

===

The Yakuza Streetball game, The construction site beside Junes, 00.55 AM, Day 5

Later, at the basketball game?.

?9-0!? The yakuza referee declared. The yakuza cheered as Ellen landed in a crouch after her resounding slamdunk.

??akh?we?re going to lose at this rate?.? Taihou muttered. ?What?s Jalal and Eirin doing?!? She cursed inwardly.

??? Kajira surveyed the rest of team Gensokyo. They were all down, partly from exhaustion, partly from despair. ?This is hopeless?? She said as the other team leaders convened.

?But what can we do? Whenever we get the ball we get the crap beaten out of us.? Owlbear muttered.

?We need a plan, a strategy, anything!? Mikoto thought furiously. ?What would Reimu do? What would?.? And then it hit her. It was obvious. Why hadn?t she noticed it before. Reimu would?ve done that from the very start.

?I think we need to realize one thing here.? Mikoto said.

?What?? Jan asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

?That there are no rules.? Mikoto said, simply.

??we know that. And?? Sakuya asked, impatiently.

??.I see. We?ve been playing as if it was standard basketball without a court. But it?s much more than that.? Owlbear suddenly realized what Mikoto was getting at.

Mikoto smiled. ?We simply have to CHEAT.?

??.ok, and how do you propose we do that?? Sakuya asked.

?Simple?.? Mikoto said. ?We just do it the GENSOKYO WAY.?

This song plays, LISTEN TO IT - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaoV8mtH2TU&feature=related

After a few moments of discussion, team Gensokyo broke the huddle. ?BREAK!? Everyone walked out onto the ?court?, cracking their knuckles, rather unnerving grins on their faces.

It was enough to unsettle the yakuza, but they managed to grin maliciously back, confident in their impending victory.

The referee brought the ball out to the middle of the court. Taihou took the center, in front of the yakuza who had punched him in the gut at the beginning of the game. The Yakuza scoffed mockingly. This time, however, Taihou merely grinned a sly little grin.

?GO!? The ball sailed upwards. So did Taihou.

?but the yakuza player failed to rise beyond 3 or 4 inches?.

He looked down in panic and found a 1 ton android maid holding onto his feet, anchoring him down with a metallic vice grip that was threatening to crush his bones. ?Desu.? She said, giving him a defiant look.

He looked back up and flailed at Taihou?.who merely stepped on his shoulder?then his head?before kicking off him and using him as a stepping stone to sail further up towards the ball.

He caught it, and, without a moment?s hesitation, threw it further up.

Up above, running single-file along a metal beam, was team Fairy Harem.

?Here! Right here!? Star shouted, skidding to a halt, upon calculating Taihou?s movements. She leaned forwards to catch the ball, caught it?and lost balance. ?Iyayayayayayaya!? She yelped in panic.

?C-Catch her!? Luna yelped, catching her by the scruff of her collar, before losing balance herself. ?Yiiiiii!? She cried.

?I got you, I got you, I waaah?.!? Sunny caught Luna just in time but began to teeter forwards herself.

??.what on earth are you three doing?? Alex sighed, catching Sunny and holding up the chain of fairies up at arm?s length.

?Alex! Alex! We got the ball!? Star shouted excitedly from where she hung at the bottom of the chain.

?They?re coming!? Daiyousei cried, pointing at the horde of yakuza trooping across the beam towards them.

?Tch.? Alex looked around. If he risked fighting up here the fairies might?.

?Leave it to me!? Sunny declared, focusing.

The frontmost yakuza suddenly found himself walking on air, the beam under him having somehow disappeared?

?AKH!? He cried, flailing about wildly. He felt the solid metal underneath him?and yet he can?t see it.

The other yakuza ran into him from behind and, together, in a furious ball of tangled limbs, they fell.

??.ouch.? Alex blinked at the mess of squirming bodies below.

?We?ve got friends up above.? Star said, sensing movement further up the tower.

?Then let?s get the ball up.? Alex said. He swung the chain of fairies, causing them to yelp in panic. At the apex of the swing, Star released the ball upwards. The chain broke, causing the fairies to float up into the air?.

?before landing in Alex?s outstretched arms. ?Well, that was easy.? Alex said. The fairies shook violently with fear, gibbering nonsense all the while.

The ball sailed up, before it was scooped out of the air by Renko, who swung out over the edge of a beam while holding onto Sanasan?s hand. She swung back right into Sanasan?s chest. The two wobbled a bit atop the beam before they regained their balance. 

?Umm?.you can let go of me now.? Renko said, blushing slightly.

?Ah, yes.? Sanasan said, rather awkwardly.

The two began running along the metal beam?only to come head to head with another horde of yakuza.

?FOR THE GOLDEN SNAKE!? The yakuza roared.

??.FOR DISGAEA!? Renko roared back.

?WHAT?!? Sanasan shouted, running in front of Renko. ?More importantly, shouldn?t we turn back?!?

?Would Etna ever turn back?! Would she?! WOULD SHE?!? Renko demanded from behind.

?N-no?but?? Sanasan looked over the huge solid block of yakuza?and gulped.

?BUCKET INCOMING!? A huge bucket dropped down in a wide arch, swinging on a convenient pulley. It was Kisume?with a bucketful of sand?

She scattered the sand in the yakuza?s face, causing them to roar with agony, clutching their eyes in abject pain.

?CHARGE! ATTACK!? Renko shouted excitedly.

?Attack?! Attack where?!? Sanasan looked at the yakuza looming up in front of her up and down. Despite being blinded by sand, the man was still a solid mass of brawn. There was no way?.

?ATTACK HIM WHERE IT MATTERS!? Renko roared. ?DO I HAVE TO TEACH YOU ANATOMY!?

??.? Sanasan sighed. This was a girl?s attack?.but then again, she was in a girl form, right??

She delivered a well aimed nutcracker kick and felt a perceptible crack.

?.she was going to have to wash that foot thoroughly when she got back?

?.maybe with industrial alcohol and maybe irradiation?

The man doubled up, his scream so high-pitched it was almost soundless. Sanasan followed up and leapt up, bringing her knee to the man?s face, crushing his nose into his skull, before stepping over him. Renko leapt up behind her and Sanasan gave her a boost to fly over the row of yakuza.

?RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!? Renko roared as she dug a heel into the face of one yakuza, before launching off him and running atop the heads of the yakuza. Sanasan followed closely behind, stomping as hard as she could wherever she can.

"Take...THIS!" Renko threw the ball as hard as she could at last yakuza in line. The ball ricocheted violently off his skull before flying off towards team Oniisan. Reisen deftly caught the ball with her bunny ears and passed it on to...

...Flandre...

...Reisen gulped, realizing what she had just done...

?Flandre, throw the ball towards?.? Zei began.

?Towards the hoop, right?!? Flandre giggled happily, as she reared back as far as she could go, staggering until she almost lost balance, before, with an almighty swing, threw the ball as her sister would throw a Gungnir?

?N-no! I meant pass it?AKH!? Zei cried, clutching her hair as the ball spun off course?.

...and knocked over a pile of heavy drums which, coincidently, were right on top of a horde of passing yakuza?.

?.bounced off and flew towards a pulley, breaking it, causing a huge crate of cement bags to enter freefall below it, smashing resoundingly atop Ellen and Kotohime?.

?.ricocheted in another random direction, this time towards a cement mixer, causing it to fall forwards and empty its contents over the yakuza buried under the drums?.

?before sailing on towards?.

?I GOT IT!? China shouted, leaping towards the ball?.

?CHINA! IT?S THE BLACK WHITE!? Patchouli shouted at the top of her lungs.

?Huh, where?!? Meirin looked around, obeying a reflex conditioned by years of stealthy break-ins?

?and the ball bashed into her skull, knocking her over, before sailing up towards the hoop?

?.and plopping inside neatly?

??.? Everyone gaped.

????????.?

?????????????????..?

?SCORE 1 FOR TEAM GENSOKYO!? Renko declared.

??YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!? Team Gensokyo roared in triumph, leaping around for joy.

OOC: This medley can be a nice accompaniment too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BAvLYgq5m0

?The game?s still on!? Ryoji roared, as Ellen caught the ball and began her journey towards the opposing goal. ?You?ve only scored 1 goal! We?re still 9-1. Our victory is assured!?

?We?ll see about that!? Owlbear shouted.

Ellen suddenly choked as her collar grew extremely tight around her throat. She flailed around at her back, fumbling the ball.

?It?s a big one.? Amarillo said, reeling her fishing tackle which was hooked onto Ellen?s collar from atop a pile of crates nearby.

The ball bounced across the concrete until Ruukoto, Mikoto, and Alice leapt on it.

?We got the ball!? Ruukoto, Mikoto, and Alice declared. Just then, a huge shadow loomed over them, growing bigger and bigger and bigger and?.

??.ah?? They all blinked at the huge solid tidal wave of yakuza looming threateningly over them.

SMULCH?

It was a soft, wet, rather greasy squishing sound.

The rest of the team winced horribly as the dog-pile settled in a mountain of humans. A few shoes, a rubber ducky, and a tire bounced away from the heap, just because.

The dog-pile cleared as a yakuza member dug out the ball and carried on playing, leaving three very disheveled figures outlined against the concrete.

Suika ran over and started poking Mikoto with a stick. ?Umm?.Koto-neesan?you still alive??

?Get the three of them up!? Taihou ordered as he ran past. ?I don?t care how you do it! Just do it!?

??.? Suika looked at Taihou, then at the three unconscious people on the floor, then back at Taihou?.then she shrugged and did what she did best.

?Suika! What *hic* ?re ya doin? *hic*?!? Mikoto jumped in shock. Around her Alice and Ruukoto were similarly roused rather violently.

?I had to get you all to wake up.? Suika shrugged. ?I would?ve used water but?all I had was sake I brought from home?.? She waved the half-empty sake bottle a little helplessly. ?err?did I do something wrong???

??.euh?ah?? Alice wobbled as she tried to get up, failed and fell, before unsteadily getting up while using Mikoto as support. ??wh-why??? She slurred.

?D-D-doesn?t *hic* matter!? Mikoto gulped. ?W-we have to??

A dull thudding echoed emptily in the air as a blurry round, orange object bounced across their vision, just a two feet in front of them.

??MINE!? They all leapt forwards, clawing for the ball.

?I g-g-got it!? Alice wheezed, launching into an unsteady run.

?Go! GO!? Mikoto urged the rest of the team onwards after Alice.

A yakuza ran up towards Alice from behind with a baseball bat, ready to mow her down.

?Awice?s in twoubles!? Suika thought. But just as she was about to shout out to her, Alice seemed to slip and fall over backwards, her back arching gracefully over the swinging baseball bat, with the basketball soaring softly over her. She somersaulted backwards a few times before catching the ball in one hand.

?L-L-Look out desu!? the words formed in Ruukoto?s mind, but before she could voice it, Alice had, rather awkwardly, cartwheeled sideways out of the baseball bat?s trajectory once more.

Without a word she passed the ball backwards. As if expecting it, Ruukoto had run (albeit a little lopsidedly) onwards into position to accept the pass.

Suika noticed two yakuza diving towards her. Again it happened. Just as she was about to warn Ruukoto, Ruukoto seemed to drunkenly trip into a cartwheel, gliding safely over the two yakuza?s tackles, catching the ball in mid-cartwheel, before landing in a kneeling position and kicking off into a run.

??this is *hic* weird?.? Mikoto breathed excitedly, leaping over another set of crates towards where she knew the next pass will come. ?I can see?but more than what *hic* my eyes normally see. And I know where *hic* everyone is and what everyone?s about to *hic* do??

?I c-can see more?.? Alice said, running on alongside Mikoto, her voice a little slurred. ??I-I think we?re s-s-sensing each other?s v-vi-viss?what everyone else is-s-seeing.?

?I know *hic* exactly what to *hic* do desu.? Ruukoto said, whoozily running drunken circles around two more yakuza, weaving the ball in and out of them before leaving them tangled. ?It?s like *hic* somebody else is *hic* guiding me desu??

?You?re d-doing exactly w-w-what I think you sh-should be d-doing...? Alice said, as Suika accepted a pass while side-stepping and tripping over a charging yakuza.

?S-Same *hic* here desu?? Ruukoto said, accepting Suika?s pass and running on with it.

?I th-think it?s the c-contracts.? Alice said, stumbling along.

?I see *hic*. So this is the so-called sync *hic*...? Mikoto suddenly smirked drunkenly. ??what say we give this a *hic* try??

?Err?.what?s team FUBAR doing??? Taihou asked, a little concerned about team FUBAR?s rather imbalanced state.

?Who cares? They?ve got the ball. Just clear the way for them!? Owlbear shouted, tackling a yakuza in the guts, causing him to knock over an entire row of yakuza like a stack of dominoes.

?Sounds simple enough.? Kajira shrugged.

?Flandre! No! You can?t throw Mystia at them!? they heard Zei shout from the other side. ?You can throw objects and yakuza, but not our friends.?

?Huee??? Flandre cocked her head to one side, a look of amused curiosity on her face as she tried to grasp this new concept. Mystia was shaking like a leaf in Flandre?s grasp.

??.probably not so simple.? Pearl sweatdropped.

As Ruukoto saw three more yakuza surrounding Alice on all sides, Alice deftly tossed the ball under a nearby set of scaffolding. Suika was already leaping into a roll under the scaffolding on the other side, as if anticipating the pass way beforehand. She caught it neatly before pulling out of the roll and into a full run down a narrow space between the scaffolding.

Four yakuza came down from either end of the narrow space, cornering and trapping Suika. But without a moment?s hesitation she ran on, before leaping up onto the scaffold on her right, leaping off it and onto the left, before leaping upwards to pass the ball up onto a catwalk above where Ruukoto was already in mid-run. Ruukoto caught the pass and shakily ran on, carrying the ball closer to the hoop.

They went on passing the ball to each other and dodging attacks as if dancing and whirling right through the yakuza ranks.

It was so simple, so easy. It was as if they could read each other?s minds, see through each other?s eyes. Where the ball should go next?.where the next attack is coming from?.they had each other covered.

They were relentless. The ball passed on without a moment?s lapse or hesitation, without any predictable pattern. It was like a perfectly (albeit drunkenly) orchestrated dance known only to the 4 of them.

And Mikoto was flying on wings of gold. She could see! Not through her own eyes, but through the eyes and senses of her partners! So that?s what this is! The power of the contracts has lent her 5 pairs of eyes, giving her almost perfect 360 degree vision.

?What on earth??? Aya watched, awestruck. Alice had pulled the feet out from under a set of yakuza in front of Ruukoto. Ruukoto charged on, using the pile of fallen yakuza as stepping stones to leap up onto the next story.

?40% sync.? Satori said in way of explanation. ?They?re reading and guiding each other?s movements.? She explained. As Ruukoto ran up, she sliced the ropes off a set of counter-weights, causing them to fall. Mikoto and Suika grabbed onto the opposite ends of the ropes and rose up towards Ruukoto as the counterweights fell. Mikoto grabbed a handful of sand from the counterweight?s sandbag as it sped past downwards. As she reached Ruukoto she threw the handful of sand into the faces of a set of incoming yakuza, causing them to yelp in pain. Suika, meanwhile, landed in a roll and bowled over the blinded yakuza before accepting a pass from Ruukoto and running on with the ball.

?How on earth did they achieve that? I thought they were the worst coordinated team!? Aya asked.

?Alcohol.? Satori said, simply. ?Synchronization depends on how open you are with each other. Alcohol simply removes any prior reservations and causes people to become more open. In a way it improves sync.?

??.that?s why they were so coordinated in the contest earlier?both their last dishes were sake dishes!? Aya realized.

?I guess.? Satori said. ?Though?as a trade-off, I guess they lose bodily coordination.? She sighed, as Mikoto ran straight into a pole and fumbled the ball?.which was quickly scooped up by Suika?who stumbled into a sandpit and fell face first into an open drum.

?Get the drum!? The yakuza shouted as the drum started rolling.

?Don?t let them *hic* get the drum!? Mikoto shouted.

?Awawawawawawawawaaaaaaa!? Suika yelped inside as she spun round and round like?well?like an oni in a spinning drum, with the basketball bouncing about alongside her.

?Where?s the ball?!? Hirowaza shouted, looking around wildly as she finished kicking yet another yakuza where it mattered most.

??err?over there?? Sanae murmured, pointing over at the drum that was casually rolling across the concrete with a huge horde of people following in its wake which included Ruukoto, Mikoto, and Alice. The three of them, in their drunken gait, wobbled right and left dangerously, dodging attempts at murder while pushing over and tripping the yakuza around them at random, causing disastrous domino effects.

??.errr?.? Hirowaza blinked, at a loss for words as the drum rolled back the other way across her vision with the horde following close behind.

?Ruukoto, get it!? Alice shoved Ruukoto ahead, causing her to stumble and flail her arms wildly towards the drum.

?Awawawawawa desuuuu!? Ruukoto yelped, falling forwards on the drum. Her sheer weight and momentum squeezed the drum between herself and the floor, catapulting it forwards into an incoming horde of yakuza, bowling them over.

The drum fell on its end with a heavy clang, wobbling violently, before coming to a rest, upright.

Mikoto reached it and grabbed onto it, all the while resisting the urge to vomit from all the alcohol. But before she could regain her breath, another yakuza was already charging towards her, a nailed bat brandished in his hands.

??.give me a *hic* break?? Mikoto sighed.

?Stop it!? Suika cried, popping out of the drum in rage.

?RAAAAAAARGH!? The yakuza slashed at Suika and Mikoto?s heads with his bamboo shinai.

?Get down!? Mikoto yelped, pushing Suika roughly back down while ducking herself. They both narrowly missed getting their heads lobbed off.

?What was that for?!? Suika popped back up, pouting indignantly.

?Get down again!? Mikoto shouted, pushing her back down roughly and ducking again as the yakuza swung the shinai back the other direction.

?UUUUUUUWAAAAAAAAAAARH!? Suika lost her temper. She popped back out and banged the basketball as hard as she could on the yakuza?s head. ?YAH YAH YAH!? She cried as she repeatedly bashed the yakuza?s skull until it was perceptibly indented.

?oh? That wasn?t Koto-neesan?? Suika said, looking down at the battered yakuza now lying at the foot of the drum.

?Did you want to *hic* kill me?! After I *hic* saved you?!? Mikoto cried in exasperation.

?Look out!? Alice shouted as another horde of yakuza charged towards them.

??.ulp?move?? Mikoto pushed Suika back in the drum, kicked the drum onto its side, and began rolling it again.

?UWAWAWAWAWA!? Suika yelped inside the drum. Mikoto followed closely behind, determined to get the drum to the hoop.

But in her drunkenness she failed to see a ledge up ahead. The drum fell over the ledge with a resounding clang before rolling on unperturbed. Mikoto, however, failed to stop and ran off the ledge, landing right on top of the rolling drum.

?Ayayayayayayayayayayaaaaa!? Mikoto cried as she ran atop the drum, fighting a desperate battle against gravity and all the alcohol sloshing about in her brain.

Ruukoto, in her drunken stupor, managed to find herself in the path of the rolling drum.

?Iyaaaaaan *hic* desu!? Ruukoto yelped as she ran for her life.

?J-JET STREAM *hic* ATTACK!? Mikoto shouted drunkenly atop the spinning drum, as the drum and Ruukoto charged onwards towards an incoming horde of yakuza.

?Ruukoto, Flash, NOW!? Alice ordered.

?F-F-F-FLASH-U desu!? Ruukoto cried. A blazing white light burst out of her eyes, flooding the immediate vicinity with a million candelas of light, turning night into day.

The yakuza roared with agony, their eyes burning painfully. Before they could recover they were bowled over by a drunkenly panicked 1 ton android followed by a drum containing a spinning oni and a crazed drunk on top.

The yakuza all sailed backwards over the edge of the floor before falling down towards what may or may not be a soft landing in a trash pile 3 stories below.

However, the drum rolled on, towards the very same edge.

Ruukoto leapt out of the way just in time, but the drum slipped just beyond her grasp. ?AH!? She cried.

?Uwaaaah!? Mikoto yelped as she and the drum both treaded air?.

But before she could enter freefall, a set of strings, courtesy of Alice, wrapped themselves around her and the drum. The strings tightened and tied her tight against the drum. ?AGH!? Mikoto cried as the strings cut into her flesh.

?NOT YET!? Alice shouted, doing her best to hold on tight onto the strings. But the weight of Mikoto, the drum, and Suika, dragged Alice skidding across the concrete towards the edge.

?Alice-san!? Ruukoto leapt out and held onto Alice, anchoring her into place.

?SWING IT!? Alice commanded, grunting against the weight of the strings.

?Y-YES!? Ruukoto heaved, causing the drum to swing back up and sail up?and up?

?towards the hoop?

?.with Mikoto tied to the side, her face flying towards the hoop?s pole first?

?AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHH!? Mikoto screamed?.but it was a short-lived scream. It was cut short by her getting squashed between the pole and the drum?

?I?ve had enough!? Suika shouted, popping out of the drum and slam-dunking the ball through the hoop?.

The pole shuddered violently under the combined force of the oni?s slamdunk and the impact of Mikoto?s face and the drum?

?2-9!? Team Gensokyo exploded in cheers as the drum crashed into the concrete at the foot of the hoop, marking Mikoto?s final resting place?.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 04:03:19 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #367 on: June 07, 2009, 04:14:11 PM »
Construction Site nearby Junes Dept. Store, 01.00 AM, Day 5
BGM

The yakuza were all visibly shocked at the sudden revival of spirit of their adversaries. But once they started, they would be nearly impossible to stop. Hirowaza eyed Meira, who simply looked back at her intently. They both stared at the force of yakuza in possession of the ball. Hirowaza shifted his bo to a thin katana, and Meira drew her own blade. They quickly ran apart from each other.

"Are you ready?!" Hirowaza called out. Meira nodded in response. The two of them started glowing as their hands started burning up with mana. They both ran forward in complete sync with each other, as if they telepathically knew the precise timings for everything they were about to machinate and perform. Soon, their speed was overclocked. They were charging forward and soon enough they started to converge.

"X-STRIKE!!!"

Hirowaza and Meira quickly diced through the ranks, with Meira snatching the ball off the handler as she ran past them. When Hirowaza and Meira had dashed past the yakuza they were facing, a giant flaming X could be seen and it exploded, the force of mana enough to knock several of them backwards quite a bit. Meira was handling the ball and was about to come into contact with more yakuza. Hirowaza saw this and ran to Meira's location, and muttered some incomprehensible words.

"FLAME SCABBARD!"

Hirowaza's hands glowed red as the mana from it enveloped Meira's blade, which she was holding with her off hand. As Meira was dribbling the ball, she warded off the yakuza trying to get in her way with her flaming blade of doom as she would burn the shinai of her obstructions. Eventually, she was at the point where she could shoot. Meira wasn't going for a lay-up or an inbound shot, though. A three pointer...?! Hirowaza thought to herself. I've got to support...! Hirowaza started running to Meira's area, and went inside the key. As Meira aimed the ball and shot, there was a burly yakuza attempting to goal tend.

"Hey, buster!" Hirowaza said. "I can't let you do that! METAL CLASH!" Hirowaza changed her katana to a giant, spiked plank and collided right into the yakuza as he was jumping to snatch the ball. The plank landed straight to his face and he fell down to the ground, clutching his face in what was undoubtedly excruciating pain. As the ball still traveled in the air, Hirowaza thought it wasn't going to go in... So, as she was still in the air, she guided the ball right into the hoop for a very improbable alley-oop.

"Hell, yes!"

Chalk up another point for the Gensokyo Crew, baby.

3-9

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #368 on: June 07, 2009, 10:34:30 PM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:09:18 PM by Helepolis »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #369 on: June 08, 2009, 12:51:11 AM »
(OOC: oh god a post what is this i don't even)

Team Drillkumo Dreamscape, ~11:00 AM, Day 4
Participants: Team Drillkumo: E-mouse

This time, I broke the lengthy silence.

"Ah?!"

Ran and Chen both turned to look at me.

"Something... feels funny."

"What's wrong, Jeremy-sa... Jeremy?" Chen asked.

I pulled my hand away from her head, and patted at my body for a moment. It was the same, but felt... strangely unfamiliar. "I don't know. I can't... really describe it. It's like there's some new weight on my chest, but something got lighter to make up for it...?"

Yukari made a strange sound that ended up sounding like a cough, but... didn't seem to start that way?

Ran looked back down at her. "Yukari-sama, are you all right?"

"Oh, I'm fine." she replied, sounding rather cheerful. "Just took a moment to realize my shikigami had stopped petting me~"

Ran sighed, but the smile betrayed her. "Yukari-sama, I didn't think shikigami were for personal comfort."

"Says who?"

I chuckled. "I have to agree with Yukari on this one."

Chen stretched out from inside her bed of tails. "Nyuuuu..."

I wiped away the nosebleed. "And let's not forget your own counterexample."

"Ah, but Chen is for receiving pets, not providing them!" Yukari pointed out.

"Oh, very true."

Chen offered me a tired, pouty frown, and grabbed one of Ran's tails to stroke with her hands.

"Ah, Chen, you don't need to..."

I cut out the middleman and dabbed at my upper lip with the gown itself. "Well. Looks like Remilia's going to eat well with this crew around."

"Cheeeeen~" Yukari cried, playfully.

"Does she actually say that?" I asked.

"... I'm right here, you know."

"... er, sorry."

Ran's voice softened. "... but, Chen can certainly earn such enthusiasm. I try to keep it subdued, but sometimes..."

"Nosebleed spark?"

Yukari laughed. "Hakkero nose-ring?"

Silence.

"This conversation has gotten disturbing." Ran noted.

Chen tilted her head. "What's a nose-ring?"

"It's like an earring, only more obvious and disturbing." I explained.

"Really?" She thought it over for a moment, then grimaced. "... oh."

Ran coughed. "Maybe we should just put that aside and resume...?"

"Well..." I hesitated. "I feel guilty about being reluctant about it, and I really enjoyed that cuddling..."

Yukari chuckled.

"... but I'm getting restless."

"Easily bored, right?"

"And/or OCD, yeah."

Ran turned around to face me. Chen rolled out of her tails and sat up on the grass.

"So, what are you planning to do this time?" Ran asked.

"I'm not sure wh--"

Yukari cut me off with an unexpected apology. "I'm still not available for makeouts, I'm afraid."

I opened my mouth, willed myself to close it, opened it again, and started smacking the side of my head with a palm.

"Yukari-sama, please don't be cruel." Regardless of what she was saying, Ran was clearly amused.

"But it's fun!"

"Please distract me before I try to ra--" SMACK. "... do something stupid."

---

Chen saved me with a highly appropriate question. "Ran-sama, what were those bedtime stories about the Covenant, again? I don't remember."

THAT was an effective diversion. "That's right! We need to figure out whatever we can about them..."

Ran tilted her head, smiling oddly. "Bedtime stories while dreaming...?"

"Covenant background research while dreaming." I corrected, sitting down cross-legged. "Fill me in."

"Practical as always." Yukari said.

"To a fault, really."

Ran chuckled slightly. "Appropriate at the moment, though..." She cleared her throat. "All right then, let me see...

A long time ago, during the days of the Covenant, there was a young human girl named Senko. Her best friend was Honmaru, a mighty sumo wrestler of the kappa.

The two were very close as children, but once they came of age, Honmaru had to spend more and more time training for his wrestling matches. Senko always wanted to visit him, but Honmaru had to live and train in the river.

Senko missed him more and more as time went by, and looked forward to their rare meetings more than any holiday. She realized that she loved him, and one day decided that she had to find a way to be with Honmaru always."

Chen's ears wriggled happily. I wiped my upper lip.

"Senko sought out the master sorcerer of her hometown, Richard. He said there was a simple spell to let humans breathe underwater, but to use it she would need a blessed gourd of water from the water kami, in her shrine far away. Senko left to meet her immediately, not realizing it would take her three days to get there.

Two days later, Honmaru made a surprise visit to Senko's home. He brought an engraved cucumber with him, a symbol of the kappa engagement rite."

"The usual." I muttered. Chen shushed me.

"Honmaru searched the village all over, but couldn't find Senko. He asked Richard, and found that she had left for the water kami's temple. He, too, left immediately, even though the sun was harsh and he risked being dried up.

Honmaru found a lake that evening to rest in, but the sun was too hot the next day. He walked and walked until he couldn't walk anymore, then crawled and crawled until he couldn't crawl anymore. He finally collapsed in the middle of the trail, when..."

"... Senko found him." I finished. Chen shushed me again, louder.

"Yes. She had the water kami's blessed gourd filled, and used it to save Honmaru without a second thought. The cucumber Honmaru had brought was broken and dusty, but Senko was overjoyed. The two went back home together.

When they arrived, Senko discovered that Honmaru had missed the sumo tournament during their trip. In fact, Honmaru had arrived to propose to her just before the tournament, win or lose. Now, he would have to wait another five years for the next true kappa tournament. Senko also told him that the water kami only gave out one gourd of water for each visitor, so she could no longer use the simple spell Richard had suggested.

But they no longer cared. The two had their future together to find a way to be together even underwater, and their families helped them build a riverside cottage until then.

And they lived..."

"Happily ever after." I finished, alongside Ran.

She tilted her head at me, with an unenthusiastic smirk. "Not impressed, I see."

"Jeremyyyy, don't ruin the story like thaaat." Chen pleaded.

I ruffled Chen's hair. "Sorry. I can be a real jerk like that." Breathed in. "So, what does that TELL us about... the days of the Covenant, apparently?"

"That kappa and humans have always been very close." Ran suggested.

"That love does wonderful things!" Chen cried.

Yukari diverted us with a different question. "How is that engagement cucumber used, anyway?"

Silence.

I cleared my throat. "Let's not go there." I bit my tongue to fight down further comments involving dildos or blowjobs.

Yukari chuckled, and gave me a real answer. "More seriously, it does say that Senko lived peacefully alongside both kappa and sorcerers, and that their families approved of their closeness from childhood to marriage."

I nodded. "So, good times all around?"

"Yep."

A question of curiosity. "About how close could you get to that in Gensokyo?"

She considered for a moment. "Well... humans are much more cautious, and youkai-human couples would never be so accepted. But adult friendships aren't uncommon."

"A ways off, then..." I mused. Then rethought what she'd said, and made a cruel correction: "'Were.'"

A beat of silence. Ran and Chen's ears drooped a little before Yukari replied, sadly, "Yes... were."

No, there's better than that... "... for now."

Yukari chuckled again. "That's the spirit."

I sighed. "Okay, so we know the original Covenant was awesome and friendly. I'd assumed that in the first place. But we need to know more about what they made, how they worked, and how to make use of their power."

"Everyday work doesn't make for good legends." Ran pointed out.

"... true." I admitted. "And if stuff about their powers or equipment had been kept, we probably wouldn't be considering this any sort of mystery..."

I sighed. "Well, what else do we have to work with?"

"The Fall of the Covenant." Yukari suggested.

We all turned to look at her.

"That does sound useful, yes."

Chen shifted uncomfortably. "I don't like those stories much..."

I stretched an arm, earning myself a small pop from some joint. No idea which. "Well, it lets us learn from their mistakes, at least."

Chen whimpered. Ran squeezed her waist to comfort her.

I shifted uncomfortably at Chen's response. "... well, now I feel guilty. You REALLY don't want to hear these, do you?"

"I don't." she said, timidly.

Ran shook her head. "The stories about the Covenant's fall are very dark." She smiled down at Chen, and ruffled her hair. "And Chen already knows the morals they teach very well. They just leave her uncomfortable, rather than help."

"Chen is a good girl?" I suggested. Considered for a moment. "No, that was a bad thing to say." Bit my tongue again.

Ran and Chen gave me a strange look.

Yukari chuckled, and changed the subject. "I believe Jeremy is more interested in the meanings behind the Covenant stories than the details."

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Would just a summary be better, Chen?" Yukari offered.

Chen nodded at her, still clinging to Ran's dress. "Thank you, Yukari-sama."

Yukari smiled. "You're welcome, little Chen."

Silence for a moment. I rolled my shoulder to stretch it. "... so, what are these fairy tales about how the Covenant failed?"

"Actually, there are two different sorts of stories about how it happened." Yukari replied.

I raised my eyebrows. "... THAT'S interesting. Contradictory?"

"For the most part, yes."

I put a hand on my chin, pondering. "Peculiar... two sides to the conflict, and neither view managed to wipe the other out, even after this long...?"

"And what do you suppose that would mean?" Yukari asked.

"That there's some truth to both."

She smiled. "Clever boy, you are."

"Yukari, please don't talk like Yoda. It's scary."

She laughed. "Not understand, you do. Amusing, your fear is."

Chen giggled weakly.

I smiled at Yukari. "Okay, seriously, now."

She chuckled. "All right, all right. Hmm... let me see... obviously, I know the one blaming the humans better..."

"Blaming the humans?" I asked, "What do you mean, they split off from the Covenant?"

"Not exactly. The story's mostly about... humans being greedy and trying to enslave youkai with magical contracts, to use as weapons."

"Well, that sounds like a dickish..." I trailed off. This sounded familiar. "Uh."

"Hm, it IS curious that a youkai like Kikuri would be doing the 'human' version of the Covenant's fall, isn't it?" Yukari mused.

"I don't know, actually." I replied, "Don't forget - that's just what that sniper minion knew. Kikuri's manipulating humans to her own purposes, and we don't know what those are. Making youkai weapons may simply be her excuse to hide her real reason from her minions, especially if it's something they'd object to."

Ran looked me over for a moment. "And what do you think her purpose is?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure. The easiest explanation is simply being power-hungry, but that doesn't explain why she's keeping a squad of spare youkai around when they're as powerless as we are right now. I mean, they COULD be weapons, but it doesn't sound worthwhile when she's sucking a dozen mana springs dry in the meantime."

I rubbed my chin for a moment, thinking. "Well... maybe she's trying to take the outer world back from the human predominance? That could work too, but then why's she so hostile to the youkai as well...?"

I sighed. "But I'm just retreading old ground. We've got good ideas for her motive, but no good confirmation."

"Let's not worry about it too much for now." Yukari suggested, gently.

I laughed feebly. "Yeah, that's probably the best idea."

Yukari let out a breath. "Now, where were we... ah, the other side of the Fall of the Covenant.

The human-centric version blames the youkai, of course. I think the story said that a leader of the youkai of the Covenant betraying the humans and attempting to enslave them."

I laughed. "Well! So Kikuri's pulling both versions of the Covenant fall? I'm impressed."

Ran raised an eyebrow. "How's she enslaving humans?"

"Anarchist."

She thought for a moment, and rolled her eyes.

"Huh?" Chen asked.

"Social manipulation." I explained.

"... huh?"

I sighed. "I'm counting her pushing her government troops into being assholes out of need for money or some sort of irrational loyalty as a form of enslavement."

Chen nodded slowly. "Ah... okay."

I coughed. "... well, anyway, that's the two versions of the Covenant breakup, right? So the story is humans trying to enslave youkai by contract, and the youkai trying to enslave humans by... force, I guess?"

I considered for a moment. Frowned. "Uh, why's it just youkai and humans? What about the kami and the like? I know those were included as well..."

"I think it was used as a catch-all." Yukari replied.

"How sloppy." I muttered. "It's weird, though. Why humans? I don't think there's anything particularly special about us that would explain this apparent drama caused in the Covenant..."

Yukari wasn't as puzzled. "Aside from the short lifespan?"

"... good point. But that doesn't really...

... ah. Wait, that's right. If this mana links problem we're dealing with now is any indication, humans are the only ones that can survive without an extra external mana source, aren't they?"

"Hmm! Interesting thought..." Yukari mused. "But that wouldn't have been relevant when the Covenant apparently had mana all over the world, wouldn't it?"

... my eyes widened. "... unless the humans changed that..."

A brief silence. Yukari laughed. "And a likely cause for such a desperate move would be if the youkai attempt to enslave them was succeeding... bravo, Jeremy, I think we may have figured out the story behind the Covenant's fall."

I grinned. "Always feels good to figure out a mystery like that."

We fell silent. After a while, Chen spoke up.

"Umm... are we finished with the scary Covenant stories?" she asked.

I smiled at her. "For now, at least. I'm sorry about worrying you so much, Chen, but..."

Chen nodded at me, meekly. "No... I understand. It's just scary to think..." She trailed off.

"... that we're getting involved with it?" I finished.

She nodded again.

Ran hugged her. "Chen, don't worry. It's been a long, long time. This is a whole new story."

I nodded. "That's right." Grinned. Clenched a fist in the air. "After all, if we're remaking the Covenant, then we're doing it even better than before!!"

Yukari laughed. "You're shooting high, I see."

I gave her a smirk, pulling the Drill out with a flourish. "Piercing the heavens and all that."

"Oh, you want to seduce Tenshi?" she teased.

I laughed back. "I'm not really planning on it, but if you insist..."

"Do I get to join in?"

Ran coughed loudly.

That made me settle down a little. "Er... right. Anyway, the point of discussing the Covenant is to get an idea of how to use what they left behind, rediscover the good of it, and try to avoid the problems that came up. We're not going to wallow in it - we're going to fix it!"

"You're very enthusiastic about this, aren't you, Jeremy?" Yukari asked. Her voice sounded... misplaced, somehow?

I looked over and noticed that she was sitting up, wearing a tired smile.

"Yukari-sama!" Ran cried. She rushed to her master's side, and knelt down. "Are you sure you should be moving?"

Yukari nodded. "I'm sore all over, but I'm all right."

I tilted my head at Ran, curiously. "Wonder what the next step would be for those two."

"Probably to wake up." Yukari replied. "There's not many other signals after this point."

I nodded. "Wonder how things are going in the world of the waking."

Yukari shrugged. "Who knows? We'll find out when we get the chance. But for now, I could really go for a back massage."

Ran stretched her hands. "Certainly, Yukari-sama."

"Or should I make that full-body?" Yukari mused.

"I, uh."

"And Chen, could I have my usual dress, please~"

"Yukari, you're a bitch."

"I know~"

END: Team Drillkumo Dreamscape, ~3:00 PM, Day 4
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #370 on: June 08, 2009, 01:49:16 AM »
The Game 1:15 AM Day 5

The score was now 4-9, in the Yakuza's favor. Everyone wastrying so hard, but Austin couldn't take anymore of the battle raging in his mind, nor on the court.

Austin: Can't...keep... this... up...

Nitori: Alright then! Here we go! EEEEEEEXTENDING AAAAAAARRRMMMM!!!!

A mechanical arm shot out of Nitori's backpack, which she was still wearing, and grabbed the ball. It stretched out towards the hoop but it was about to be intercepted by several Yakuza with bats.

Nitori: NO!!!

In a panic, she threw the ball up into the air in order to protect the arms.

meanwhile, Austin was losing his battle.

Voice in head: Rest easy. I'll take it from here.

Austin: n-no! AAAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Momizi: Austin!

Austin(?): Hmm! Guess I'll take my chance! HIGH JUMP! ACCELERATOR!

Austin, or rather her body, rushed up into the air towards the ball. It wasn't enough, so she stepped on an eagle, which happened to be there, to reach the ball. She drew the sword and raised it high.

Austin(?): This is my power, the power of Gods! Criotic Blade Art [Execution]!

Austin swung the blade down and struck the ball with a rather large amount of force. Austin and the ball began decending towards the hoop, and begun to feel a little hot. This was rather odd, as Austin and the ball were enveloped in ice. The ball was slammed into the hoop, and made a little crater in the ground. Austin landed on her feet and looked at the score board

5-9

Austin: Keep it up everyone!

Elsewhere...

Marx: (thinking) What was that? It seemed almost... familiar...

Cirno: Marx? You ok? You seem distracted by something.

Marx: Huh? Oh, it's nothing, I guess.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #371 on: June 08, 2009, 08:02:39 AM »
StreetBall Challenge, Day 4->Day 5

"Finally, I'm seeing some good chances." Amarillo said as she saw the scoreboard are going up.

"Lily, get ready, we will begin."

At that time the Yazukas had switched some players, and they didn't paid attention when they saw a girl running towards them, as they tried to run her down......

"Hah, you can't escape me! No man can escape me!" one of them shouted.

And he was tripped to the ground - his target had disappeared into thin air.

Or rather......

Amarillo is floating above them, and a pair of pinkish white wings are emerging from her back.

"Sorry, but I'm not a man." Amarillo smiled.

She searched the ground while floating in the air, and found the ball are currently in MeiLing's procession.

"So here I come!" Amarillo charged down.

"What are you wandering about? Go stop her!" Ryogi shouted from his position.

"Sigh... OK, wish you can dodge that... [Rainbow WindChime]!" As Meiling shouted she releases a pattern of spiritual bullets.

"Er... I want to ask.... When you are in this status, will these bullets harm you?" Lily asked.

"Well, the bullets will harm the wings, but yeah it's no effect to me, let's just graze." Amarillo smiled.

The bullets hit on Amarillo's body and then disappeared.

"Remember this is not Gensokyo anymore! And I can nullify any spiritual attacks! and thanks for the ball!" Amarillo rushed down and take the ball from Meiling's arms.

As she is flying towards the ring, Ryoji took out his gun and shoots,

"You Cheater!"

The bullet went right through the wings and nothing had happened.

"I thought I'm hit?" Asked Lily White.

"Oh, well, physical bullets will have no effects on your mana projected wings. It's like shoot a bullet through a screen of water."

"What happened?" Ryoji threw the gun on the ground out of anger, and he suddenly realized that he had broke it.

"Curse you! everybody bring on guard! They are now being serious!" As Ryoji is shouting, Amarillo rushed down and put it into the ring with ease, then fly outside of the ring and lands.

"Hmm, I think that's it. Now let's see how others work it out." Amarillo said after she withdraw the wings to decrease the cost of her energy and watches as the scoreboard change to 6-9

(OOC: Oh wow, June the 9th is my birthday!)

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
« Reply #372 on: June 09, 2009, 02:45:24 AM »
Streetball, 1:25am, Junes Department Store (Starring: Team Onii-san) ((OOC: Yeah. This post was rushed.))

Zei glared at the Yakuzas, taking possession of the ball.

Zei: Heh...

Flandre: What is it, Onii-chan?

Zei: It's almost as if it's too easy. This calls for drastic measures. Mystia, Reisen..

Mystia: Hm..?

Reisen: Zei-kun, what is it..?

Zei: Block their way. Flandre and I will be waiting at the goal over the Yakuza's side.

Mystia & Reisen: GOT IT!

They both made their way towards the Yakuzas while Flandre and Zei went towards the goal.

Yakuza 1: *Stopping infront of Mystia* Out of my way-- ! *Lost sight and passed the ball somewhere else*

Zei: ..not now damnit.

Yakuza 2: *Catching the ball* No way they're gonna win.. *Passes the ball but Reisen quietly caught it* !

Reisen: ..heh. Didn't see that coming huh..?

Yakuza 2: !!

Reisen passed the ball towards Mystia. Then she flew all the way over to the Yakuza's side of the goal and passed it towards Zei.

Zei: Know what to do, right? *Passes ball towards her*

Flandre: Hai! ^_^ -Catches it and flies towards the goal before the Yakuza had a chance to steal-

Yakuza 3: ..?!

Flandre tried to shoot, but was yanked towards the ground by another Yakuza. She fortunately passed the ball towards Zei.

Yakuza 4: Not so fast, little girl..

Zei: ! HANDS OFF.

Zei threw the ball as fast as possible at the Yakuza's hand. The Yakuza let go of Flandre, but the ball bounced off his hands..

..towards the backboard of the goal..

..bouncing off Mystia's head...

..then later bouncing off the backboard of the goal...

..and Flandre somehow flew over there and caught it...

Flandre: I GOT IT! ^_^ -Passes over to Mystia-

Mystia caught the ball and passed it on to Reisen. Then she passed it on to Zei, but missed.

Zei: HAAAAAAAA......

He caught the ball and slammed it into the goal over at the Yakuza's side, but missed and it bounced off the rim..

Flandre luckily caught it and just dropped the ball straight into the net.

8-9.

Zei: YES. ANOTHER GOAL FOR TEAM GENSOKYO. -Rises fists in the air, but coughed up blood- ..shit. I overdid it.

Flandre: Eh...Maybe I shouldn't have flied? ^_^'

Zei: Nah. You did well. -Pets her on the head- So did Mystia and Reisen.

Flandre happily giggled and went on to meet the others, as soon as the Yakuza regain possession of the ball.

Zei: We'll fucking murder them in NO TIME..

Gpop

« Reply #373 on: June 09, 2009, 03:35:19 AM »
Ignore this, I forgot about MTG's 8-9 thing.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2009, 01:36:55 PM »
Hay guys it's GIGANTOR time

Another part of Construction Site, nearby Junes Dept. Store, 1.?? AM
Toshiro+Yamame+Chloe+Nate's team , Anthony+Letty+Genji , Tenshi , Koishi

Nate had the GPS which gave him the location of the fellows he had to rescue. Eirin had abruptly dumped on him Toshiro, Yamame and Chloe, who most likely weren't even sure to trust Eirin's plan in the first place. However, they had little choice. Time was running out. While everyone else was busy playing the GAME of doom and destruction (for some, at least), these people had their own responsibility to save the hostages. The location was shown on the GPS to be a container on the northwestern part of this site that they were in. The group of them set off to the area. Nate left the GPS (well, Jalal's communicator) on for a few moments before he fully memorized the location and set the power off. Argh, I am really discontent about this... Toshiro whispered to Yamame as they made their way with Nate to the container that wasn't really that far off. Yamame simply threw a look back at Toshiro, one that would suggest something along the lines of "Deal with it." Immediately Toshiro got the message and just like that, they had reached the container that held some of the captives. By the container there was a rather ridiculously tricked out car.

"...Who would leave a car like that out in the open like this?" Toshiro questioned. Yamame simply stared at the container that had a giant lock on it. "...Well, I suppose they must be inside this container..." he surmised. After sometime, they succeeded in blasting the lock open with some creativity, pulling off some sort of MacGyver moment. It was pretty cool to them but there was not much time for celebration. In the container, were Anthony, Letty, Genji, Tenshi and Koishi.

"Did you guys come to rescue us?" Anthony asked. Toshiro nodded. "Thanks, man. That car out there is mine. I suppose those boneheads forgot about it," he said. "Anyway, we can find others, these two-" he continued, pointing at Tenshi and Koishi, "have been stressing about their 'partners' for the longest time now. Let's get in the car!"

Another part of Construction Site, nearby Junes Dept. Store, 1.?? AM
Jalal+Eirin , Marisa+Reimu , Luize+Mai , Kaguya

Eirin chuckled as Jalal was clearly irked about what Eirin did with his communicator. "You!!! That was mine!" Jalal exclaimed. Eirin simply dismissed it as if it were nothing. "Oh, you'll be getting it back. I assure you." she said nonchalantly. Jalal piped down a little but was still quite annoyed. Eirin gestured to the trailer in the short distance. "That's where the others are. Let's get moving." After some time, they had reached the trailer, which was none too far at all, and Eirin made Jalal pick the lock. Inside the trailer were the other hostages - Marisa, Reimu, Luize, Mai and Kaguya. Marisa looked at their two rescuers and leaped up into the air. "You came to save us, ze! It was getting annoying listening to Reimu's banter." she exclaimed before promptly getting thwapped on the head by a steaming Reimu. "Ignore her... You have our thanks. Let us get going." she said. Kaguya remained silent, while Luize and Mai were busy whispering to each other about the condition of Owlbear. Eirin and Jalal quickly gestured the group to where they came so they could rendezvous with the others.

Basketball Game, construction site, Junes Dept. Store, 1.50 AM

?I-It?s 8-9?.? Mikoto wheezed. ??we can do this!?

?W-We?re out of tricks.? Sakuya panted alongside. ?We need t-two more hoops??

VROOOOM!

The pile of crates behind them exploded outwards. A pair of headlights shone through the flying splinters as a car burst through the wreckage, wheels spinning freely in midair.

A loud screeching noise filled the air as hot rubber made contact with cold concrete?and the poor yakuza member who had been carrying the ball. The smell of burning rubber filled the night air.

The La Cucaracha theme played on the horn.

?Sorry the star?s late. I was a little ?tied up?.? Anthony said, as he revved the engine into a menacing roar.

?ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod?.? Toshiro mumbled over and over from the back seat.

?Oh?look, a ball?.? Chloe said, leaning over a door to pick up the ball the poor squashed yakuza had thoughtlessly let go of.

?Anthony! The ring?s on the roof! GO!? Taihou shouted as he tackled the wind out of a charging yakuza. ?We?ll hold them off. Just go!?

??.? Anthony blinked. ?Err?gotcha!?

?You?re not getting away!? Meirin shouted, as she flew towards the speeding car.

??Hmmm?? Letty looked around her seat until she found a box which turned out to conveniently contain a lot of heavy-looking objects. ?Let?s see how good you are at grazing.? She said, as she took aim with?.

??.not my favourite hammer!? Anthony cried.

?Ouch!? Meirin cried as the hammer bounced off her skull.

??.you know you?ll only get stupider if you get hit by these.? Letty said with an air of amused interest as she took aim with a spanner.

?NO, not the spanner! No, not the monkey-wrench either! Please! Anything but my favourite screwdriver!? Anthony wailed.

??.she?s strong?? Letty nodded approvingly at Meirin who now sported a leaning tower of pisa of bumps on her head. ?I?m impressed. Here, have the rest of it.? She emptied the remainder of the tools at Meirin before throwing the toolbox itself.

Chloe kept the ball in her hand as the car started careening all over the place, distracting the yakuza who weren't already dealing with the others. Mitaka's group were able to use their drunken abilities in order to do some crowd management, whereas Taihou and Sakuya used their physical maneuvers to handle the yakuza man-to-man. Amidst this, Ryoji broke a sweat for the first time in a while. Toshiro, inside the car, was still frantically panicking, however, Yamame was more proactive about it, releasing webs in order to stop the incoming yakuza from moving towards the car. Chloe was still handling the ball but they weren't in the clear yet. The burly yakuza who had his face smashed in was clearly angry, his face bleeding very much, but he didn't seem that hurt at all. In fact he looked very angry and even stronger. Hirowaza saw him stand up and beckoned for Meira to cover his back.

The car was on its way to the hoop and Chloe was poised to shoot, and she shot - right when the yakuza was going to take it by goaltending. That's when Hirowaza changed her plank into a blunt spear and charged into the air to collide with that yakuza AGAIN. "Sorry, buster, try again next time! ECHOING LANCE!" and launched the blunt spear right into the yakuza's hip, releasing a screaming wind that knocked him down into the ground. He was definitely not dead but the wind was enough to knock the ball into the goal, scoring Team Gensokyo their 9th goal.

9-9

PRE-FINAL ROUND: YAKUZA SIDE

"Aaaargh!" Ryoji screamed, visibly livid about the situation. In his rage, the symbol on his chest lit up and a scream could be heard from a ways away, most likely Kana being tortured by the power of the symbol. Meiling extended an arm towards Ryoji, muttering a "P, Please stop!" Ryoji would have none of it, though. "You idiots," Ryoji snarled at the fellows he had made a contract with. "I thought you told me you could win?! We were at 9-0! What the hell happened!" Meiling shivered, having no idea with how to respond. Kotohime opened her mouth to say something, but Ryoji yelled over her. "Fine, that's it. The situation has forced me to do this." Ryoji's magatama glowed strongly, causing it to vibrate even more than it did at the start of the game. Eventually, four more characters emerged from seemingly nowhere. One could recognize them easily to be Okuu, Komachi, Rikako and Chiyuri. Rikako looked at the people who were already present, then saw Ryoji and his magatama.

"Mister, may I kindly mention that in your current state, you won't be able to support all seven of us..." Rikako said politely. Ryoji glared at Rikako and scowled.

"Shut up! Don't give me that bullshit. You WILL win this. Remember what will happen to your little friend if we lose!" he said maniacally and the symbol on his chest glowed again, delivering excruciating pain once more to Kana, who was still screaming with agony.

Meiling clenched her fist. I don't really WANT to have to do this, but... Kana...

The seven girls remained silent, nodded weakly at Ryoji and went to the field.

"Hehehe..."

PRE-FINAL ROUND: GENSOKYO SIDE

"Awwright, folks!" Mitaka squealed, still quite evidently drunk. "Weeee're in tha clear!!!" she slurred slightly in her speech. Suika shrugged and scoffed. "Ya, that's right. We have the fellers in the car to help us around, too, so we have a batterin' ram sorta thing!" she said. Hirowaza looked at the field and agreed.

"They are in disarray. Their morale has been crushed," Hirowaza mused. "We should take advantage of the momentum and win the game!"

Everyone agreed. Not much was needed to be said at this point. They were going to win the game, no matter what.

FINAL ROUND

"I will open with the first salvo," Hirowaza said, nodding at Meira, as they let the yakuza run forward sloppily to their side of the court. "Let's go, Meira-sama!" she exclaimed, as she started releasing blue energy into Meira's weapon and began channelling energy into it. Go! Hirowaza thought, and with that Meira started to charge forward at the enemy group without fear, relentlessly, and her weapon was charged up with an immense amount of energy.

"ICE FISSURE!!!"

Meira slashed at the oncoming squad of yakuza and icicles began to strike from the yakuza's feet, scaring them and knocking them backwards. One icicle knocked the ball up into the air, where Sakuya leapt from Taihou's hands to snatch the ball from an incoming yakuza. "Here!" Sakuya said, and passed the ball to Amarillo, who used the power of flight in order to take the ball a little further, and noticed that Suika was leaping by the hoop, eager to finish the match with a flashy maneuver. Obliging, Amarillo tossed the ball high into the air, where Suika managed to leap high enough and propel herself with her flail, which allowed her to spin, with the ball in her hand, and strongly dunk it right into the hoop, making it vibrate with immense force.

10-9

"Gee-gee, suckers!"

GAME CONCLUSION

"Hah, so you shmucks think you won, eh?" Ryoji said, stepping forward in front of his entire squad of yakuza, injured, tired and afraid. The girls he made a contract with were beside him, visibly worried for Kana's condition. "Alright, then, your little friends are going to die anyway! Because I'll kill them!" he said. Mitaka clenched her fist and everyone looked at Ryoji sternly, however, Eirin and Jalal made a sound to make their presence known. "Hey, the others are here! You guys okay?" Jalal asked. Ryoji stared at his hostages, now free, in disbelief.

"Ahahahaha!" Ryoji started laughing. "So, I see you got your friends back, eh? Well, that's fine. It doesn't really matter whether they're with me or not, I'll still gain the last laugh. You see, I managed to unlock the secrets of your power. These fine people that stand next to me, are going to help. You kids will all fail to best me, because I have the superior manpower, the superior brains... Everything! So--" mid-speech, a basketball was thrown at Ryoji's face.

"Oi... You... You talk too much. Sharrap." Reimu said bluntly as she threw the basketball at Ryoji's face. This angered him even more.

"You... YOU!!" Ryoji could no longer think logically and rationally. Rage had overtaken his being as he concentrated energy into the magatama in order to grant him more power. However, the magatama was glowing and it was cracking. Suddenly, black, flaming, blazing grime started to envelop Ryoji slowly as he was channeling more energy. "W, what...?! Y, yeaaargh!" he screamed as suddenly, his entire body was burning. He struggled to stand, and fell, and started to convulse. He was in great pain, but was no longer screaming.

The seven girls he made contracts with, after losing their host, felt very weak, and collapsed. Okuu had reverted into her animal form, a raven. The yakuza that were still standing suddenly rushed to recover Ryoji's body, perhaps even carcass, as well as the girls.

"H, hey, you can't do that!" Suika screamed as she and everyone else also rushed forward.

After many minutes of struggle, the yakuza escape. The girls who were missing were Kotohime and Meiling. The other five managed to recover, though. Pearl looked at Komachi and Ellen, and then proceeded to form emergency contacts with them to sustain their life force. Thirtyfour and Chloe decided they would take responsibility too. Thirtyfour formed contracts with Chiyuri and Rikako, because... they were sciency, and Chloe formed a contract with Okuu.

"Aaah... guys..." Mitaka said. "We should get going back now..."

It was very late, and everyone was exhausted. They made their trip back home.

Saniwa Inn, 2:30 AM

Satori surveyed everyone's condition. Everyone was struggling to get back to their rooms. As they were doing so, she sighed. Well, I guess now would be a good time to dive... Satori thought. Her thoughts echoed within everyone's minds.

NOTE: Please do dive/dreamscape posts, in case you don't get the hint
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:40:50 PM by AeshmaHime »

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #375 on: June 12, 2009, 05:09:04 PM »
The construction site 2:05 AM Day 5 Team Michigan

Anthony, Letty, Genjii, along with the rest of team Gensokyo had just beat the yakuza in the basketball game and the yakuza had just ran off.

"Man, that was a crazy game, at least we all got out in one piece" said Letty

"Well, you can say that, all my tools are FUBAR now, along with the tool box it self" moaned Anthony, drooping over the remains of his tools, all bent and broken, "These were a present too,"

"There's no need to cry about a few tools," said Genjii

"I guess, well I think we should be heading out now, I'll tell the others that we're heading back to my cabin, then moving into the shrine, since that will probably be more effective for this entire plan, scheme, whatever you would call it" said Anthony, Letty and Genjii nodded in agreement, then Anthony went off and told everyone he would be off, then the three headed off to the car,

"Hmmm, I think this moment is missing something, oh yea, since we just came out on top against some yakuza, we need some music" which then Anthony proceeded to turn on the CD player, and played http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sogKUx_q7ig and turned on the speakers to max "That's more like it", Then Anthony and crew drove off towards the Cabin, and once getting there, went to sleep since they didn't get any because of the incident.

Dreamscape 2:30 AM Day 5 Team Michigan

(OOC: just to tell everyone, this is gonna be one big flash back that explains the past year and 1/2 of Anthony's life, it is gonna basically be like a darker version of punch-out, and it's gonna be really long, you don't have to read it, but it's close to necessary for the full history of Anthony)

During this period of sleeping between the members of team Michigan, Letty and Genjii ended up in an area like a boxing arena, just on the floor between the stands and the ring

"What is this place, and where's Anthony?" questioned Letty, then after blinking her eyes, the place changed, there were people in the stands, and two people in the ring, and Letty noticed one of them, it was Anthony, but then she felt a hand on her shoulder, and she turned around, and saw another Anthony,

"Who... what... why?" said Letty who was in a baffled state

"Don't worry, this is just more of one of my memories, back about a year or two ago, back when I was still in boxing" said Anthony "I just like to see how I did in my old bouts, this was actually my first one"

"I see, so this is what you call boxing, so two people just get in the ring and punch each other until one can't get back up?" asked Letty, seeing the younger Anthony dodging the punches being thrown by the other boxer, then retaliating with a few punches of his own

"Pretty much, I know it sounds kinda barbaric, but it was my best sport next to hockey back then, which I was suspended from the school hockey team back then, mostly due to getting into fights, while in this sport, I can get all the stress I have off of my chest" explained Anthony, who then guided Letty and Genjii to an open area on the stands, for the perfect viewing spot

"I guess I didn't explain everything about my past a few days ago, there's just a few things that I couldn't talk about, but here, it's a lot easier since you can see it your self, and there was a lot of stuff I didn't say about my boxing career," said Anthony

"I see, so then you'll show us since we're already here?" asked Letty

"I might as well show you now, since I remember saying that one of the others back at the shrine told me that if we open ourselves to each other, it would increase our syncro, and allow you to use your powers," said Anthony, "but this is gonna take a while, might as well get a few drinks and snacks to watch it all on display" which then a large bag of popcorn and a coca popped out of thin air

"The first thing I gotta say is that this isn't a regular boxing league, not by a long shot, since first of all, it's a world circuit, which means there's contenders from all over the place here, second, if the ref doesn't see it, it's good, so there's a lot of low blows, and some others even rig their gloves with metal pellets and other stuff, if you can make it to the top here, you can just about beat anyone in boxing" explained Anthony, while Letty was focused on the match, seeing the younger Anthony, only standing at about 5 foot 3 inches at this time, going against, a huge muscle ripped guy who was 6 foot 5 inches, seeing that Anthony was constantly dodging the man's punches, then hitting him with a few of his own, then the bell rang, ending round 1

"Wow, this is tense, I can't believe you did this before" said Letty in astonishment

"Well, I was lucky for most of my bouts, the things that probably saved me from an early grave was my quick feet and my even quicker punches" said Anthony

"I see, so you didn't follow your old man in all his paths" said Genjii

"Yea, I did want to play hockey, but as I said earlier, I got kicked off the high school hockey team for fighting, but then it would be easier to show it than explain why I was like that earlier in my life" said Anthony, which then the scenery changed from a boxing arena to a hockey one, which then Letty and Genjii saw two teams on the ice going for the puck, which then the person wearing the #22 jersey, which then he took his helmet off, showing the face of a younger Anthony,

"Here's the last game of hockey I played, which then I got kicked off the team, the fight should be starting right about...Now" said Anthony, which then one of the players on the opposing team checked Anthony, while the game was not in play, which then Anthony threw off his gloves, and put up his fists and then started punching the guy who checked him, then Anthony pulled the guy's jersey over his head, and then threw him to the ice, then got on top of him, and started to pound his face in, and then two of the refs pulled Anthony of the guy, who's face was all bloody, Anthony was in a fit of rage and thrashing around while the refs pulled him off the ice "And you see why I wasn't allowed on the ice, I was lucky that they didn't pull me into a law suit for that, but then my career of being in hockey was pretty much shot right then and there"

"wow, you seem like a completely different person back then, compared to now" said Letty

"Since I'm showing you guys this, I might as well show you the entire story, since it would work out better" said Anthony, which then the location changed again, to the inside of a house, which then the three saw Anthony, and someone else there, "This is just after the game back at home, where my dad got majorly on my case about what happened back there, and when he introduced me to the man who got me into boxing" said Anthony

The three could just hear what was going on between Anthony and his dad, and a bit later, his dad pulled out a Kendo sword out of the closet "Oh yea, the kendo sword, he would always hit me with it when I did something wrong, it's part of the family tradition, but I'm sure that I don't need to explain it" said Anthony, which then his younger self was stuck with the kendo sword several times then Anthony's dad sent him off to his room, and then pulled out a phone and called someone

"Yea, I moped around in my room after that for a while, then my dad called me down after a bit and we headed off to a gym in the inner part of town" explained Anthony

then the scene shifted again to a gym, that looked kinda run down, no one else was in it, except for the younger Anthony, his dad, and another person, who stood about 5 foot 9 inches, who had a surprising resemblance to Doc Louis from punch-out, "Here's my son, now I want you to give him the basic run through" said Anthony's dad

"Oh man, the run through, back then I thought it was something simple, but was I oh so wrong" said Anthony, which then the main three watched as Anthony, his dad, and the doc (current name for the 3rd person) talk a bit, and go into the changing room, which then, the doc changed into a boxing getup of green trunks and a black tank top and a pair of green boxing gloves, and the younger Anthony was in a pair of blue trunks and tank top, with a yellow stripe going down each side, and sporting a pair of blue gloves, and both of them stepped into the ring

"Lets get this over with," said the younger Anthony

"Hmm, well apperently your dad was right about you" said Doc

"Yea, after what happened, I was acting like a freaking punk, but then you'll see why I snapped out of that real soon" said Anthony, which then the bell was rung, and both of them closed in on each other, young Anthony started out with a series of punches but none were connecting because doc was blocking all of them, then doc went in and uppercuted young Anthony, knocking him out just like that, "And that's why I stopped acting like a punk, because I learned then and there, that I wasn't gonna go anywhere with was I was then" explained Anthony,

Then young Anthony finally woke up after getting knocked out, and he apologized to his dad for what he did, and then asked Doc to be his trainer in boxing,

"Hmm, so you want to become a boxer then, well, you got guts kid, and you can throw a decent punch, I'm sure we can go far, so consider me your new trainer, and call me doc from now on" said doc

"And this is where I que in the huge amount of training which I went through before starting boxing" said Anthony

(OCC: Here's an basic example of what I'm talking about, except multiply it by about 20, and add in some stuff from World's strongest disciple Kenshi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuXU0uk5l20&feature=channel_page)

"Then we fast forward to the match we were watching, which was my first match in this league, which nothing under handed happened" said Anthony, which then the scenery changed again back to the boxing ring, where Round 2 was just starting, and the punches were flying back and forth, then Anthony stepped back and rushed in, hitting the opponent with a devastating straight, knocking him out, and winning the first match to Anthony "And that was the first, of many matches that I would win on my way to the top"

Then Anthony, Letty, and Genjii watched as match after match went by, with the young Anthony winning each one, with different results each time, one match had a guy who was kicking Anthony each time the ref was distracted by the crowd, but then Anthony ended that one by ducking his kick and uppercutting him out of the ring, another match had a guy who was somehow allowed a cane into the ring, and was swinging it all around as an attack, but then Anthony kept on blocking then went in and threw a lighting fast jab, knocking the cane away, then knocking him in the face with a strong hook, sending him to the mat, during the entire time, Letty was focusing on the match, like a child finding a shiny new treasure,

"I see that you're enjoying the matches" said Anthony

"Oh, yea, this is getting really interesting, I guess you had a lot happen to you" said Letty

"I guess you could say that, but then you haven't seen all of it yet" said Anthony "This was the last fight needed for me to become the top man, the fight against the champ himself"

(OCC: now I will be shifting this story to the view of Anthony, back when he did this fight, since this is a major fight)

"Ok then Anthony, this is the big match, this is what we've been working for, I'm confident you can do this, just remember, he could be cheating in some way, and he'll do anything he can, when he gets the chance" said Doc

"ok then Doc, I can do this, I'll show everyone that I'm the strongest here" said Anthony

Then both of the fighters entered the ring, and the ref did the announcing

"In the red corner, in the black trunks, weighing in at over 200 pounds, and 6 foot 11 inches, the reigning champ, Mr. Knockout himself, Ryan Toninski, and in the blue corner, in the blue trunks and tank top, with yellow stripes going down the sides, weighing in at 130 pounds, and 5 foot 3 inches, the rising star, the wolverine of the north, Anthony Thrun" announcing the ref "Now, FIGHT"

(insert this song here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--a-REXkX4Y )

then the bell rang, and the first round started, and Ryan wasted no time by starting off with a downward punch towards Anthony's head, which he dodged by moving to the left, then Anthony threw a few jabs at Ryan's gut, but they did nothing to him, which then Ryan hit Anthony with a hook to the right side of his head, knocking him to the mat, Anthony was already bleeding from the hit, but he got back up right after hitting the mat,

"dammit, Doc was right, this guy is cheating, he has metal plates in his gloves, I'm lucky to be standing right now, I guess I need to stay evasive for now" thought Anthony, which then Ryan started to throw more punches, and Anthony ducked and weaved dodging all the punches, but any time Anthony punched Ryan, it had no effect, then the bell rang, ending round 1

"Doc, I need some help here, my punches aren't doing anything to him" said Anthony

"I've noticed something, each time he goes for an uppercut, he twitches his head, I bet that's his weakpoint" said Doc "but it's still gonna take more than that to knock him out, so I think it's time for you to use that one move I taught you"

"Ok then Doc, it's all up to this now I guess" said Anthony, which then the fighters got back into the ring and the bell rang again, starting round 2

"Listen up Anthony, there's no way you'll beat me, just give up now, and you'll still have your life" said Ryan

"Ohho ho ho ho, I've come too far to give up now, I'm gonna beat you up side your head, and take the belt" said Anthony

Then the fighters closed in on each other, Ryan started off with a few jabs, then threw a hook, Anthony dodged them, then backed up a bit, which then Ryan closed in and threw a fast uppercut, Anthony just barely dodges it, then he sees the mark, then Anthony pulls his fist back, then punches straight forward, with the speed of a bullet,

"MAGNUM STRAIGHTO" yelled Anthony as he nailed Ryan in the jaw, knocking him straight to the mat, the Ref started to count,

Then Ryan got back up, but he was all shook up from that attack, but before Anthony could continue on his assault, the bell rang and ended round 2

"Good job Anthony, now just keep it up, and take this guy down" said Doc

"Ok then doc, I got this one in the bag" said Anthony

then the bell rung and the last round started, and the fighters faced off, but after a few moments into the round, a beer bottle flew into the ring and nailed the ref in the head, knocking him out, Ryan saw this as his chance

"Hey Anthony, it's time to show you why I'm the champ, and why you never will" said Ryan, who then went right at Anthony, first grabbing his left arm, and punched it will all of his force, breaking it, Anthony cried out in pain, and got away from Ryan, then Ryan charged at him and smashed Anthony in the face with an elbow, knocking Anthony to the mat, his vision started to blur, and he could hear a few people counting,

"This is the end, I'm not gonna make it, this is the end of me" thought Anthony, then he could hear the crowd cheering for Anthony to get up, to show Ryan who the real man is, then Anthony felt his strength come back to him, and then Anthony slowly rose and just got up in time before the count got to 10

(OCC: start playing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGEN60bf3p8)

"Ya hear that Ryan, that's the crowd cheering for me, to kick your ass, and you want to know how I'm gonna do that, I'm gonna do it by the rules, and with my own two fists" said Anthony "Because no matter what you do, I'm gonna be the winner, you can count on that" which then Anthony points his glove at Ryan

"Oh we'll see about that you punk" said Ryan, who then charged at Anthony and threw a punch, which then Anthony dodged to the left, and then said "time for you to face a custom move of my own, the DOUBLE DEUCE" which then Anthony took both of his hands, bearing through the pain of this broken left arm, and formed a large fist with both of them, then swung upward, hitting Ryan in a jaw, then Anthony brought it down on his head, smashing Ryan into the mat, and embedding his face in the mat, then everyone started to count

10!!!

then the crowd rushed the ring, picking up Anthony and cheering in his victory, which then later he was taken to the hospital for resting and healing from a broken left arm, 2 busted ribs, and a hairline fracture along his skull

(OCC: switching perspective to Anthony, Letty, and Genjii )

"THAT WAS AMAZING" yelled out Letty after seeing the Young Anthony knock out Ryan for good

"Yea, when I did that back then, I was in amazement too, still a good match to watch to this day" said Anthony, "but it brings up some bad memories"

"Bad memories?" questioned Letty

"Yea, I might as well show you guys now," said Anthony, then the scenery changed to in front of a house, "After my victory over Ryan and becoming the champ I stayed up there and defended my title many times, a lot happened over the next few months, I got a huge fan base, and I was all over the news, but this night, my good streak would come to a hault"

Then the three saw the young Anthony and Doc, walking out of the house, and a car pulled up, which then the window rolled down and they saw Ryan's face in there, and he had a gun, he fired several rounds and drove off, he ended up missing the young Anthony, but they hit doc, but he still had a few last words

"Listen to me Anthony, I won't be around for much longer, so I just want you to know, you'll always be the champion in my heart, and remember, always go shooting for the top" said Doc, gasping for his last breath, then Doc passed away, the young Anthony broke out into tears, crying on the street, with two of the closest people he knew, dead

"Man, I still can't believe this some times, him, dead, and it's only been about half a year since then," said Anthony

"It was only half a year ago?" questioned Letty

"Yea, a lot happened after this, I decided to quit boxing, I just couldn't get back into it, I ended up getting fits of rage, and started to drink and smoke at times to calm myself down, but then one night I just couldn't hold myself back, and I took matters into my own hands, since the cops couldn't find Ryan" said Anthony, once again the scene changed to a shady looking warehouse, where there were two people in it, one was Ryan, and the other was in a trench coat and a hat, covering his entire body

"So, I heard you can get me out of the country without any problems." said Ryan

"Oh I can get you out of the country, but then, it's probably not the way you want to go" said the figure in the coat

"Was that a treat?" said Ryan in anger

"No, it was a promise, a promise that I am going to kill you" said the coated figure, which then he threw off the coat, revealing the young Anthony, " and I'm gonna do it with these two fists"

"YOU, I'll finish you off like I did to your trainer" said Ryan

"YOU B(beep)STARD, YOU'VE KILLED ONE OF THE CLOSEST PEOPLE I KNOW, IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO MEET YOUR MAKER" yelled young Anthony, as he charged at Ryan, which then Ryan pulled out a gun, but Anthony punched the gun out of Ryan's hand, then Anthony followed up with another punch to Ryan's jaw, knocking him to the ground, then Anthony got right next to Ryan,

"Because of.... BECAUSE OF YOU......I'LL NEVER GET TO SEE HIM AGAIN, BECAUSE YOU TOOK HIM AWAY" yelled  Young Anthony, with his eyes filling full of tears, which then Anthony started to punch Ryan's face over and over, not stopping, and eventually causing his fists to bleed, and then Anthony killed Ryan, by smashing his face in, Anthony had realized, what he had done, and ran off into the darkness out side the warehouse

"This moment still makes me tear up, this is when it all ended for me, at least that's what I thought back then" said Anthony, wiping a tear away from his eye, "This is when I thought that I could just get my life back on track, that I just needed to get out of town, so I moved out of Michigan, out of the U.S. and into the town of Karuisuwa all the way in Japan, here I thought I could relax, and just get my life all together, I wasn't always the person who fixed everything in Karuisuwa either,"

Then the scene shifted to the Cabin, just outside of it, which then an old man can be seen just outside it with Anthony

"Before I came to Karuisuwa, this old man was the one who took care of all the construction, and I needed a job and shelter at the time, so he helped me out and let me stay in his cabin, and let me work with him, then more happened, and my life got a bit more screwed up" said Anthony, which then the scene changed to a construction site, where Anthony, the old man, and a few others were working on a building, then a few yakuza appeared and started to mess with those people

"Hey get away from my workers, we're trying to fix up a building" said the old man

"Hmmph, you don't know who you're dealing with, I might as well give you a permanent reminder who we are, and why you don't mess with us" said the main yakuza of that group, which then he pulled out a gun, and shot the old man in the heart, Anthony was speechless, another person he knew was gone from him, forever, which then sent him into another rage

"YOU B(beep)STARDS, EACH ONE OF YOU F(beep)ERS ARE GONNA WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN, I'M GONNA FIND EVERYONE OF YOU F(beep)ERS AND MAKE YOU SUFFER FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE" yelled out Anthony at the top of his lungs, which then he rushed at the yakuza, not caring that they had guns, he then beat everyone of them to a pulp, then Anthony went off, got the old man, took him back to the cabin, dug a grave, and laid him to rest,

Then Anthony laid in the bed of the cabin, thinking to himself

"What can I do now, all I am is just a regular person, with some boxing and construction skills," he thought, "THATS IT, I'll just do my best to hold this town together, and one by one, I'll eventually take care of the yakuza"

"And thats how I became who I am today, and to think, this happened 4 months ago" said the current Anthony " and thats it, the entire story,"

"Wow, just... wow, I can't believe you went through all of that, just to go on and on" said Letty

"well, I guess Doc's last words really stuck to me, I guess I always want to be number one" said Anthony

Letty then looked away, and then was acting like she had something on her mind

"something you want to ask me?" said Anthony

"Well, I was wondering, could you.. teach me how to box?" asked Letty

Anthony then got flustered at the idea, first just at the idea of teaching Letty how the box, then he thought about what she would be wearing, which then got projected in front of the three, which then made Anthony's face turn bright red

"I-I-I-I'm not perverted or anything" said Anthony on the defensive, while Letty just giggled, then Anthony calmed down "Well, I guess I can teach you, at least I'll be able to get back into boxing, man I haven't picked up my gloves in forever, and wow, I guess it's time to wake up," which then Anthony faded away out of dreamscape

END: Anthony's Cabin 4:30 AM Day 5

(OOC: there will be a temporary time gap due to the fact of I need to change the time on this, it will be fixed once I can contact Etch)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:18:45 AM by Evil Spirit Anthony »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #376 on: June 12, 2009, 06:35:55 PM »
Saniwa Shrine Hot Spring area - 12:50 - Day 4

Remilia continued to wash Kajira's hair. She could feel her small fingers stroking her scalp and lathering up her hair. Minory and Rumia were also washing their hairs as well. Minory was developing a bit sister relationship with Rumia and it looked like she was really enjoying it.

Kajira: *eyes are still closed due to shampoo bein all over her head*  How are Minory and-*huge splash of water over her head*....>_<...*shakes head*

Remilia: sorry what was that? i didn't hear you <3

Kajira: nothing...nevermind

Remilia: they'r fine they're washing their little heads as well. Don't worry I'll take good care of you....master

Kajira: eh?
Remilia: oh nothing *starts to apply conditioner*

Kajira: maybe i shouldn't have let Remi do my hair....*sweatdrop*

There was a lot of noise outside. It sounded like cheering or screaming.

Kajira: what's that noise?

Minory: i guess the next event started. I think it was a catwalk/fashion show.

Kaji: ah i see *shakes head full of suds* That's a lot of conditioner Remi-*warm water is dumped over her* >_<.....*shakes head again*

Remi: there hair is fully washed Kaji. chu *pecks her cheek*

Rumia: hair all washed! hair like clean mop!

Kajira took a sigh and sat still for a while. Her hair dripped repeated water that it was previously drenched in. it was a somewhat depressed sigh.

Minory: Kaji-sama you can turn around now.

Kaji:.....mm?

Before she could actually turn Remilia had wrapped herself around her and surprised Kaji for a second. Until she realized she was covered in a long bath towel...and so was the other girls.

Remi: Now we can finally take a dip in the hot springs!

Kaji:...uhhh i just wanted to take a bath. I'll be resting in the room for now, its not too far i don't think.

Minory: b-but why rest there when you can relax in the spring with us?

Kaji: ahh....well i...could. still i don't think its right *Sweatdrop*

Minory: stop being such a whiner, we bathed together we might as well go all the way!

Well that didn't sound right

Remi: I never went to the Hot Spring so i'm lookin forward to it.

Kajira honestly just didn't want to go to the hot spring is all. Normally it would be a guy's fantasy to go to the female side of the spring. typical no? but he knew better but they didn't mind so...why should he?...err she?

Kajira: alright. I guess soaking won't be an issue....

Saniwa Shrine Hot Spring - 13:00 - Day 4

The girls all sat down (still covered in towels) in the Hot Spring. The water was nice and warm and soothing thanks to water scented beads and therepuetic oils etc.  Rumia sat next to Kajira and Minory was bringing an inflatable beach ball over to beat around with.

Kajira: The girls side is much much bigger than the guys side.

Minory: but of course! its only natural that the girls side is bigger, free-er and grandeur!

Rumia was blowing up the beachball (in the shape of a ying-yang ball) and started to hit it up in the air. Kajira watched as her 3 friends hit the ball around however she got tired and rest on the edge of the spring with her head down and back to them.

Kajira:.............

10 minutes passed and Kajira was nearly sound asleep there in the spring...Suddenly the yingyang ball bounced off of her head

Minory:...I think she's really asleep. She's more tired than we thought she was huh?
Rumia: Kaji sweepy.
Remilia: sleeping in a hot spring? i think someone is taking it a bit too easy today. *pokes kaji's cheek*
Kaji:....................

Remilia started to poke kaji's hair trying to wake her up and Minory gave a slight nudging.

Kaji:..........

Minory: we can't go back to the others without her. we have to wake her up now.

Remi: don't worry i got something.

Remilia went close to kaji's ear and whispered something.

Kaji:....*facial expression changes showing frustration* -w- mmmmmmppph! *turns head away*

Remilia continues to pester kaji in this manner, eventually she wakes up holdin her ears

Kaji: >_< WHY ARE YOU SAYING "ESPEAIRE RUNS WILD" OVER AND OVER AGAIN!?

Remilia: no reason whatsoever ^_- *smiles and shows a fang on her mischievous face* you hate it when people blow in your ear.

Kaji: *shakes head* gosh...*rubs eyes* i was having a nice nap too...oh right we're still in the spring....no wonder i feel so heavy...

They mingled and played ball for a bit and then at about 2pm they headed back out to the others. Kajira really wanted to sleep. big time. One of the main problems she had when she turned herself female was that it was a low power state that was used to recharge her powers and to mask her presence from her enemies. She was never found out. but now even though its not needed its STILL a low power state and she really starts to sleep a lot when in that form.

Kajira: *yawn* ~_~

it was nearing 2pm and she was getting exhausted.  She returned to her room and slept while her partners bid her a good rest and went to watch the rest of the cakewalk event and cooking event....only to return midway after being creeped out by the cooking event.

Day 4 5:30pm Saniwa Shrine room End
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #377 on: June 12, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »
Team Drillkumo Dreamscape, ~7:00 PM, Day 4

I tried to keep my mind on the sky and clouds out beyond our rock ledge, and off the naked Yukari lying on the grass behind me, sighing happily as Ran massaged her back.

It wasn't working very well.

"Ahhh, right there. Ohh, that's good. Mmm..."

"Where exact--" I cut myself off with a yelp from twisting my own arm sharply.

"A secret special place~" Yukari sang.

I continued twisting my arm. Unfortunately, the pain distracted me not only from thinking about Yukari being naked, but also making sure I kept my back turned to her.

The sight was not quite pornographic, but more than slightly suggestive and quite enticing. Also, more distracting than twisting my own arm, especially after the distraction made me stop doing so.

"Could I do the front?" I asked, before I could stop myself.

Yukari lifted herself up on her elbows and smiled at me over the substantially increased amount of cleavage. "Ara, changed your mind about the prudishness?"

I managed a gurgle as I attempted to choke myself.

"Um... Yukari-sama, maybe you should get dressed..." Chen suggested, giving me a worried look.

Yukari sighed. "I suppose I should before he actually hurts himself." She smirked at me again. "Though, I don't suppose you'd like to help with it?"

"I would, but I don't trust myself to do so." I replied, and turned away. She chuckled.

The thought of Yukari GETTING dressed distracted me a fair bit less. I let my mind wander a bit as I watched the clouds wander by.

... hm. Clothes. I'm still wearing that random green gown, aren't I?

I glanced down to confirm this, and amended the thought with the streaks of dried blood my nose had so generously offered to add.

"I can handle making myself a new outfit by now, right?" I asked.

"You should be able to, yes." Yukari replied, over the rustling of cloth behind me.

"Hmmm..."

Well, this outfit was lame, but I didn't have any bright ideas about what to use instead. I mean, my usual t-shirt and pants would be comfortable, but boring as hell. I could do just about anything here, but I couldn't think of...

My face stretched to accommodate my grin. "Oh, obviously."

I closed my eyes and focused for a moment, smirking.

POP.

... I can feel the air on my chest, and a weight over my shoulders...

I opened my eyes and turned back to the others, still smirking. I felt a soft breeze blow by, ruffling my cape out behind me.

Yukari looked me over, one eyebrow raised. "You ARE obsessed with that, aren't you?"

I flourished the Drill. "Might as well dress the part, if we're all going to be in our stage clothes!"

She smiled. "I suppose so.

But I think you forgot to remove something~"

I blinked at her. Looked down.

Noticed the set of bloomers that had ended up on top of the loose slacks I'd come up with in mimicking Kamina.

I buried my face in my hands. "I am SUCH an idiot."

"I think it's cute!" Yukari teased.

Chen finally failed in her valiant attempt to contain her laughter. I promptly magicked the offending underwear away.

"Well that was embarrassing." I muttered. Sighed. "And completely ruined the impression I was going for."

"So, would you like to try again?" Yukari asked. Chen started managing to stifle her giggles again. Ran just shook her head, smiling.

I shook my head too, though with a different tone. "Not immediately, at least. Doesn't work well when the memory's still fresh."

"Oh well~"

I looked down at the outfit for a moment, and frowned. "Besides, the whole thing might as well be a beta. I mean, I didn't even bother with the sunglasses, for one..."

Oh, there's another part. I pulled off the cape and presented the back. "... and I had no idea what to do about the logo."

Ran raised an eyebrow. "You seem rather into this."

I shrugged. "I dunno, I just... feel like it. I mean, there might be SOME use for doing all this, but..."

Yukari dismissed my concerns with a wave of her hand. "Nonsense, just have your fun~"

I shifted my feet a little. "Well..." Thought it over for a moment. "... no, I DID tend to get in character a bit when I cosplayed..."

Yukari liked the sound of that. "Ooo! And who exactly did you cosplay?"

"Actually, the one I was thinking of was Vyse from Skies of Arcadia... I had this feeling of confidence I usually don't, when I was wearing that..."

I considered, and tossed the cape back on. Summoned a pair of wooden, imitation cutlass blades into my hands. "Though the props probably helped, too..."

"So, why not steal the whole outfit?" Yukari asked, eyeing my current getup.

I shook my head. "I'm not Kamina. Sure, I definitely want to look like part of the series, but I don't quite fit wholesale. I mean, none of them really tried scheming much..."

I ditched one of the 'blades' in favor of the Drill, presenting it to the others. "For that matter, this isn't even really....."

A thought struck me. I trailed off.

"Well duh." I muttered. Grinned, and looked up at the others again.

"What did the Covenant logo look like, again?" I asked.

Ran raised an eyebrow at Yukari for a moment, then gestured at the air to one side. "Something like this, I think."

An eastern-style scroll materialized in midair where she'd pointed, showing a black-and-white symbol of concentric circles, with the small, abstract figures arranged on the edge, equidistant.

"How boring." I muttered. Walked over to the scroll, and glared at the symbol. "Now, how can we revamp this..."

"... revamp?" Yukari asked, "Jeremy, just what are you thinking?"

I turned to face her, and grinned. "When I said we were remaking the Covenant better than it was, I meant it. We're updating this, along with the alliance itself!"

Silent, blank stares. Yukari started giggling, then threw her head back and laughed. "Ahahaha! Oh, Jeremy, you really ARE insane."

I grinned, and raised a half-clenched hand. "Well, what the hell do you think I am?"

I turned back to the scroll, folding my arms over my chest. "Now, what is this missing? It's just circles... it's black and white....."

... there's an important thought. "... it's inflexible for introducing new member species..."

Yukari laughed again. I gave her another grin, and noticed Ran giving me a worried look.

"Yukari-sama, are you sure he should be...?"

Yukari waved a hand. "No, don't stop him. He gets ever so entertaining like this~"

"I'm glad you enjoy it." I replied, smirking.

I turned back to the logo, considered, and conjured a floating monitor (what can I say, I'm more comfortable with modern tech) in midair, much larger, and also showing the Covenant logo.

"Now let me see... I like the general concept, and I want to pay some homage to the original..." I muttered, "But we definitely need more flexibility, and the option of color would be a good addition... but what colors...?

... heh, of course. All of them."

I waved a hand, and the inner circles of the logo vanished, replaced with curved lines converging on the center.

A rainbow spiral extended out from the center.

I grinned up at it. "That's better."

Behind me, Ran sighed. "Are you really going to be using that spiral theme for this? I don't think the Covenant was about drills."

...... something stirred.

"Yes. Yes, I am."

I turned. "The Covenant IS the Spiral."

Ran blinked, slowly. "... what."

I smiled at her. "TTGL had the right idea, but their explanation was off. Oh, it's evolution, all right. But it's not just DNA. That's just the foundation. That's not what makes humans special."

The images in my mind... that one beautiful graph, the reasons behind joy and friendship...

I grinned past the tears in my eyes. "The real Spiral... is how individuals work together. DNA strings, cell organs, creatures, families, tribes, nations...!"

My voice was growing louder.

"What made humans special was touching on the next step. Beyond just genes, programming, and chance...

Minds. Ideas. The creation and expansion of raw concepts, of explicit thought... Their use, their combination, their power..."

I was breathing heavily, panting in my enthusiasm.

"This... this is the real Spiral... expanding complexity... power... scope... what we humans managed, on such a grander scale than any other animal...!"

Ran coughed. I looked at her and grinned a Viral grin.

"Oh, but the way I'm being so human-centric shows my point. We silly humans only care to share this power with, to work with, one another. At worst, fools caring only for themselves and their families, still slave to their genes. At best, fools hoping to befriend all of humanity...

But nothing else."

I spread my arms, voice breathless... "And that... beyond there, the next step..."

Louder.

"The purpose of the Covenant..."

Louder!

"This alliance of all thinking beings..."

LOUDER!

"Beyond race... beyond species...!"

LOUDER!

"Without regard to birth or homeland!"

LOUDER!!

"WITH THE POWER OF A TRILLION PEOPLE, A MILLION WORLDS!"

LOUDER!!!

"FOR THE GOOD OF ALL! THE JOY AND HAPPINESS OF EVERY WILLING PLANET, GALAXY, AND DIMENSION!!"

I tore the drill off its chain.

"This, above all else..."

Thrust it up to the sky, followed by a trail of bright green.

"IS OUR SPIRAL!!!"

The heavens opened above me. Rays of light began pouring down, shimmering over us.

I saw the light shine off of Chen's eyes, sparking as she stared in awe.

The crease in the heavens widened, and the lights grew brighter. I saw Ran raising a skeptical eyebrow.

It... it's too bright. I can barely see...

Aside from Yukari's smile.

-----
Medical Ward, Covenant Underground, Saniwa Shrine, ~11:00 PM, Day 4

... ow.

... the lights in here are too bright.

I'm fucking sore all over. Where am I? What's going on?

... I sure as hell don't feel like I can move. And I'm tired. But how'd I get here? Did I just get up?

... something feels funny. My chest's heavy. My hand's stiff.

I managed a gurgle. Nothing seemed to react.

I could hear... something beeping. Slow tempo. Relaxing...

Mmm... I think I'll just take it easy.....

---

I later discovered that I spent the rest of the night slipping in and out of consciousness, between feverish dreams and sore, delirious wakings. Yukari was often in those dreams. Sometimes Ran and Chen. I guess they were waking up too. Sometimes. Maybe they were spacing out like me. I dunno.

But it was confusing. I think some more happened in my dreams there, but I can't remember... all I know is that I finally recovered (for the most part) the following morning.....

« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2009, 05:34:45 AM »
Saniwa Shrine 2:00 AM Day 5

The game had exhausted everyone. Austin and company had retired the room.

Momizi: You ok? You went a little funny during the game.

Austin: Yeah, I'm fine. I managed to get control back.

Nitori: Hmm. Maybe we can find out what happened in the dream world.

Austin: Good idea.

Ria's Room

Ria: Thank god you're ok.

Kaguya: If I wasn't tied up, I could have gotten them with my eyes closed!

Ria: Well, let's head to sleep now.

Austin's Dream(?) Shattered Memories

Austin and company entered the great doors that led to the room with all the books and Akyu. However, there was a distinct lack of Akyu.

Austin: Akyu!

voice: Heh. About time you got here.

Austin: That voice...

It was someone who looked like Austin, but wasn't quite Austin. He wielded a Rapier as oppose to a Longsword.

Austin: So, it was you who took control of my body!

Austin(?): And what of it? You would have died if I did not interfered. You own me one.

Austin: That's not important. Where's Akyu?!?

Austin(?): If you're looking for the girl, then you're a bit late. Those corrupt memories took her away

Momizi: Huh?!?

Austin(?) I think they went into the painting with the Hakurei shrine.

Austin: Why are you helping me?!? I never asked for it.

Austin(?): Have you not considered it at all? I have a stake in your survival.

Austin: Just who are you?!? Answer me!

Ende: I am Ende, your Crios.

And with that, he vanished.

Nitori: Let's go! Akyu needs our help! We'll worry about him later!

Austin: Right!

All three of them ran off to the painting. when they got there, they saw Ria and Kaguya there.

Momizi: Huh? what are you two doing here?

Ria: Wish I could answer that question. When me and Kaguya fell asleep, we were here.

Austin: Come with us! We could us a hand. We need to save Akyu!

Ria: Akyu? That kind girl in the village? Alright then. Let's go! Come on, Kaguya!

Kaguya: On it!

They drew rather large and intimidating guns and looked ready to go.

Hakurei Shrine Memory

The group came upon the Hakurei Shrine. It looked like it always did. Akyu was bound in dark energies in front of the Donation box.

Nitori: There she is!

Suddenly, the ground began to shake, and a rather fierce looking creature rose from the Donation box.

Ria: You've got to be kidding me...

Momizi: Well, there were a lot of bad memories that came from that box...

Creature: GAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!

Kaguya: OPEN FIRE!!!

The Ripper roared as chunks of what could have been flesh flew off the creature. It roared in agony as the rain of bullets tore at it's body. An energy field appear around it and shattered.

Nitori: Now!

Austin: Right!

The crystals appeared around Austin's arm once again. He pointed at the creature, as it convused in pain.

Austin: Memory Hack!!!

The creature disintergrated, and everyone saw a memory that was at the shrine.

*the memory

Reimu was lying on the ground, sweating. It was summer, and it was rather hot.

Reimu: Uguu... no donations again...

Then, Marisa appeared at the front of the Shrine

Marisa: Hey Reimu.

Reimu: mmmph... Hey Marisa.

Marisa: You seem down.

Reimu: I know donations don't come, but it would be nice to get one every now and then...

Marisa: Huh. Why don't you check it?

Reimu: What's the point, there's nothing in there...

Marisa: Oh? Just go and check

Reimu: ... fine.

Reimu got up slowly and looked inside the donation box. Indeed, there was something there. A dead catapiller that someone threw in.

Reimu: uguu...

*end Memory

Suddenly, the area started to shake again. The ground began to crumble away.

Austin: What's going on?!?

Everything crumbled away, and everyone began to fall.

Nitori: WAAAAAAAHH!!!

Kaguya: RIAAAAAA!!!

Austin looked around, but could not see anyone. Everything was so dark. Suddenly, he saw Akyu, falling, falling, falling.

Austin: Akyu!!!

He reached out to her and grabbed her. He held her close and waited for the end of the dream...

Saniwa Shrine 7:00 AM Day 5

Austin woke with a jolt. It was a rather startling dream. At least he got some rest, but he wanted more. He laid his head back down onto the bed and turned to an awake Akyu.

Akyu: Good Morning, Etch.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2009, 11:05:38 PM »
=== Saniwa Shrine: Makai's Quarters - 2:00 AM ~ Day 5 ===

It really shouldn't come as a surprise that Owlbear* and his band of misfits were just as dead tired as everyone else. Yuki, having finally been reuinited with Mai, couldn't let go of the demon witch for a minute, something everyone found rather adorable. Mai didn't want to outwardly show it, but she too did enjoy seeing Yuki again, and generally being with everyone she came to like...even...

"Owlbear..." Mai spoke, Yuki's arms still around her.

"Yeah..." she was still tired, having played a sport she usually didn't get into was irksome and physically draining. It must have been that female body...if he were male during that tme he'd surely have done better during the basketball game.

"...Thank you for rescuing us..." Mai seemed to have had a bit of difficutly with those words. Odd...

"Indeed, I am deeply grateful for everyone's hard work." Luize added as she bowed to show her appreciation.

"Oh, it's no trouble...we're all family, so we have to stick together don't we?" Owlbear remarked pulling himself up.

"F-family?" Mai didn't understand why Owlbear had uttered those, he was in no way related to them, why was he...

"Yes, you're my daughter, are you not?" Shinki said, giving Mai a warm smile.

Mai didn't say anything, she always though Shinki cared more for Alice as her daughter than she did anyone else...

"Yeah and your my sister, right?" Yuki chimed with a wide grin.

Mai remained silent, having felt that she wasn't much of a sister to her kindred witch, much less a friend. She had even stated once, back when Reimu and Co. came to Makai, that Yuki was only holding her back. It pained her for deep down...she really meant it...

"I-I...I..." Mai looked away from everyone. "I don't understand."

"Hm? What's not to understand?" Luize questioned, her head tilted to the said a bit.

"Why you all show me all this affection?" Mai replied loudly. "I've been...so cold and silent to you all. Especially to you, Yuki. I once thought that we were never friends...not even sisters, and even said that you were a liability to me...I don't deserve your friendship nor being your sister."

"It's okay, Mai." Yuki said trying to calm Mai down a little, but something told her that it wasn't going to be that easy...

"No it's not!" Mai shouted in protest to Yuki's reassurance "I...don't deserve any of this, not a shred of it..."

"You can always apologize." Huh, Yumeko hasn't spoken alot tonight...

"H-huh?"

"Forgiveness isn't always unattainable, that is what you want, is it not?" Yumeko remarked, gazing into Mai's tearful eyes. The blue haired witch nodding slowly in response. "Then admitting you did wrong and showing you are sorry for your actions is able to grant you that person's trust again. No matter how grave the crime."

"But..." Mai is hesitant to believe this, she doesn't expect the lot of them to forgive her. She wanted to, but she knew it was rather unlikely.

"Besides, we'll love you no matter how much of a bitch you were." Yuki spoke up, elicting Mai's astonished gaze to fly up to her sister's face, a light blush racing across her cheeks as she continued. "I mean...I did, right?"

"Y-Yuki...Everyone..." Mai sniffed again, her tears still flowing as she felt the warmth everyone was showering her with, melting the coldness that had once been in her heart so long ago. "I'm...I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being so cold, I'm sorry for being a horrible friend, a horrible sister...and a horrible daughter. I'm sorry for everything!"

"And we all forgive you..." Shinki replied softly, taking Mai into her arms and letting the witch come to cry in her motherly embrace. The tears she shed were not ones of sorrow...but ones of happiness, for Mai felt that for once she was truly lucky to have been born of Shinki and to have met everyone she is acquainted with now.

"M-mother..."

"Hm?"

"Would...would you all have forgiven me even if I didn't say I was sorry..."

"Yes, for as Owlbear said...we are family, and being a family means showing love to one another...no matter what."

---

Dreamscape later. Laziness kicked in, yo

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #380 on: June 15, 2009, 11:41:37 AM »
Anthony's Cabin 4:40AM Day 5 Team Michigan

Anthony had just woke up after his long explanation of his past to Letty and Genjii in his dream,

"Hmm, Letty and Genjii are still sleeping, I'll let them rest for a bit longer for now, since I did agree to train Letty, I might as well set up the equipment" thought Anthony, who then went to the closet and pulled out a box, and he opened it, it held a pair of blue boxing gloves, a pair of blue trunks and a blue tank top, each with a yellow stripe going down each side, and a picture fame with a picture of Anthony and Doc, with Anthony holding up the champion's belt after his victory.

"Man, I thought I would never open this box again, well, I better get the gear ready" thought Anthony again, which then he left the cabin, and went into the garage, and pulled out a number of pieces of training equipment from it, including a punching bag, a speed bag, weights, several other pieces, and a bike. "Hmm, I wonder if this will be too much for Letty to take on the first day, well we'll find out soon"

After Anthony finished up with setting up the equipment, he went into the cabin and found both Letty and Genjii awake, and Letty was making breakfast,

"Oh, hi Anthony, I noticed that you were out, and I decided to make breakfast for us, since I thought you were busy with something" said Letty

"Oh, ah..." stuttered Anthony, unable to find the words to respond, and starting to blush red, "Thanks Letty..."

"Oh you idiot, you could have at least done better than that" thought Anthony

"You're Welcome Anthony" said Letty with a smile "It's almost ready, so take a seat"

Anthony then went to the table and sat silently, not saying anything

"Hmm, it looks like you've been love struck" said Genjii

"I-i-i-It's not like that!!!" said Anthony, still blushing

"man, this brings me back to when your dad first met a girl back in Gensokyo, he was just as red as you were" said Genjii

"I said It's not like that" said Anthony, in a serious Tone

"Oh sure it is, you're dad said the exact same thing when I told him that" said Genjii, but before Anthony's and Genjii's conversation could go on any longer, Letty came to the table with breakfast, which then the 3 ate, the table remaining silent, then the 3 finished up and headed outside

"Ok then, as you wanted me to do, I'll teach you the ways of boxing, and I'll train you to your fullest, just to tell you now, this training will be tough, it will be long, but if you come through, then I am sure you will be the best" said Anthony, walking back and forth in front of Letty

"I'll do it, I want to be just as strong as you" said Letty, in a confident tone

"I see, then let me show you the basic moves of Boxing, there is the jab, the straight, the hook, the cross, and uppercut" said Anthony, then displaying the punches, "then there is the half uppercut, half hook, the cross counter, and a short-straight punch" which then Anthony displayed the rest of the punches,

"There are also three stances, upright, semi-crouch, and full crouch" said Anthony, showing off the three stances, "Now, I want you to show me your best attempt at those moves"

Then Letty showed off her moves, "Hmm, you got a good stance, and it looks like you can throw a decent punch, now I want you to punch me right in the gut" said Anthony

"wait what?" said Letty in a confused state,

"You herd me, I want you to punch me in the gut, it's the only way for me to find out how much work we need to do in training" said Anthony

"Ok then, I'll show you what I got" said Letty, who then punched Anthony in the gut with all of her force, which then Anthony looked like the punch did nothing, but then he fell to one of his knees, then on his face "Oh my, are you Ok Anthony?" asked Letty who was really worried

"I'm *cough* *cough* I'm ok, it's just been a while, since I've let someone hit me like that, *cough* you really do have a strong punch" said Anthony, who was still trying to get air after Letty knocked it out of him "You definitely have potential, so lets go far with it"

"I'm ready for anything you can give me then" said Letty, which then Anthony and Letty started training, in a lot of ways, which was going on for a while, then Anthony heard something from the bushes

"Hmm? what was that?" said Anthony in curiosity, looking at the bushes "I think someone is there, be on guard guys"

Anthony's Cabin 4:50AM Day 5 Team Michigan

(OOC: once again time gap due to later reasons)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:20:44 AM by Evil Spirit Anthony »

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #381 on: June 15, 2009, 12:45:23 PM »
2:00 AM Day 5 Amarillo's Room

Amarillo walks into the room, and quickly found something that's not normally belong here.

A Computer.

Namely, a Lenovo T61 Laptop, is currently sitting on the table in the room.

The computer is open, and seemly a chatroom page is opening there.

Puzzled, Amarillo walks towards the computer, while allowing Lily emerge out of her body.

"Who did this..." Amarillo murmured and looking at the screen.

Code: [Select]
*Fairy #707 entered the room.
*Fairy #707 is currently known as Fairy Phoenix.
<Fairy Phoenix> Amarillo, after you are back, leave anything on this page.

Amarillo fell on the chair.

Chrono Agents tend to be special, but leaving messages on a computer instead of a note?

As Amarillo is thinking, Lily started typing slowly on the keyboard.

"I-a-m-h-e-r-e-."

The screen flickered :
*Fairy #48 Entered the room.
<Fairy #48>iamhere.

Amarillo sighed.

Oh whatever, no people here except Lily knows of Fairy Phoenix, so there is no possibility that this one is a fake.

"Next time remember to press the space button between words." Amarillo took over and retyped the sentence.

Fairy #48 is now known as Amarillo
<Amarillo> Yeah, I'm here.

After a very short while. The reply appeared.
<Fairy Phoenix> Went to sleep with your partner, we will talk.
*Fairy Phoenix Quit (Timeout)

What did she mean? Amarillo is more confused, if they managed to throw a computer there, them why didn't them come and meet her?

Or... perhaps a way to avoid Time Paradox?

Amarillo turned to Lily: "We will went to sleep, I don't know what will going on next..."

"Maybe all these is our illusion?" Lily suggested.

"Then after we wake up it will disappear, so it's still a good way to dealt with that."

Lily nodded, and prepare for bed.

« Reply #382 on: June 16, 2009, 12:22:58 AM »
Outside Anthony's Cabin, 8:00AM Day 5

Cirno: So... why are we here again?

Marx: Breakfast. Couldn't get a meal worth shit back there. Besides, there's bound to be something in this Cabin you'll like.

Cirno: Yeah, but someone lives here already.

Marx: That's why I said we're here for breakfast.

The occupants of the cabin left, leaving the door unlocked.

Cirno: Cool! The door's open!

Marx: Shh! Alright, you sneak in and get some food, I'm going to get some stuff.

Cirno: 'k.

Cirno walked into the door and began to raid the pantries while Marx began to follow the ones who left the Cabin. She hid behind a tree, waiting for her opportunity. She heard someone get hit in the gut, followed by sounds of concern. A squirrel ran into the bushes.

Anthony: I think someone is there, be on guard guys!

Letty: Oh, it's only a squirrel.

Marx saw her chance walked out from behind the tree.

Marx: Well, well. I never thought that food would be right here.

Genji: Hey! Don't eat the squirrel!

Marx: I wasn't talking about the squirrel.

Marx looked at Anthony with a malicious glare.

Marx: I wonder how your Mana tastes.

Marx lunged at Anthony, fangs bared, but Anthony was ready with his counter. He punched, but Marx grabbed his hand before it did any real damage.

Letty: Behind you!

Anthony: Wha?

What appeared to be Marx stood right behind him, gun drawn.

Anthony: Using a gun? Cowardice!

Anthony punched the gun wielder away. She flew and hit a tree. Anthony had little time to turn to the other girl before he was forced onto the grounds.

Marx: Damn sweatshirt is in the way. Oh well, might as well make do.

Her lips were about to touch a panicing Anthony when Marx was stopped by someone.

Cirno: NO!!! DON'T DO IT!

Marx: What are you doing?!?

Cirno: If you take his mana, you'll kill my friend!

Marx: What? Who?

Letty: Cirno! What's going on?!?

Cirno: Please! Don't do it!

Marx: Hrpm. Fine.

Marx got off of Anthony.

Cirno: Letty!

Letty: I'm still confused? What in the world is going on?

Anthony: Yeah!

Cirno: er, how do I explain...

Marx: Well, if you're a friend of Cirno's I appologize then. We'll leave the-

Cirno: Wait! I have so much I want to catch up on with Letty.

Marx: Wha..? *sighs* Fine. Got nothing to do anyways...

(scene end)

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #383 on: June 17, 2009, 02:14:53 PM »
Around 2:00 am, Dream Corridor

"Hmm... You didn't change at all..." Amarillo heard a cheerful female voice echoing over her.

"Say, is that really good? Hijacking into other time-space frame like that." Another voice can be heard.

"Oh, come on, who was the guy who said 'Let's directly put that computer on her table even it won't appear in this time-frame until several months later.' My way is a lot better."

Amarillo stood up to see the two elder Chrono Agents in front of her.

"I want to ask that too, won't you two create a time paradox by mixing yourselves into my dream?" Amarillo smiled.

"Are you trying to scold me again?" said the other boy.

"Oh, well, don't I have a reason, Mr.Spark?" Amarillo replied "Ok, time to get serious, I know you are here because of some important things. However, I need a introduction."

Amarillo turned to Lily, who is currently standing up from the floor.

"This girl is Fairy Phoenix, who likes danmaku in my original time-frame, and that abnormal guy there is Rainbow Spark, who always mess things up because he wants to be cool. "

"This is harsh!" Rainbow shouted, "oh well whatever, I admit that I'm not that normal. And you must be Lily White?"

"Er.. Yes, nice to meet you all."Lily nodded.

"Lily White, Fairy originally from the Gensokyo Time-Space-Frame, have the ability to report spring with the side effect to speed up natural growth, Sun Element, Resist Physical Attacks, Absorb Leaf Element, weak to Dark element..." Fairy took out a PDA from her belt and start reading the data on it. "Ah, sorry if that's a insult, I have the habit of storing every person I met inside this thing."

"And what is that?" Lily Asked.

"Well, take it as a magical book which can store informations." Fairy Phoenix clicked the PDA for a while, and hands it to Lily, "You should know about your partner too."

"Ahh... Still as nerdy as you previously are..." Amarillo lets out a sigh, "Lily, get ready to be disappointed when reading my data."

Lily White looks at the screen before her:

"Amarillo Viridian, human of the GA Line, Number 4, Have the ability to project her own lifeforce for various usages, deeper info unknown, Her ability gives her the Leaf Element and resist of every elemental types, however, because of her special gene arrangement she is weaker than most average humans, being having a weaker strength and stamina, and a slower healing speed. Weak against Physical Attacks, Currently a non-fighting-involved member of the Chrono Agency of EFA. Real name: Lin Xiyin, Codename: Hope Firefly."

"Oh, seems you finally updated my data there."

"We keep a watch on you every day since you reached this time-frame." Said Rainbow Spark, "So the test drive of the better time-space traveller is used here in order to issue a mission change and some more briefing."

"So my Mission will be changed?" Amarillo is confused, isn't staying alive enough?

"All right, would you do the honor for briefing, Ms.Fairy?" Rainbow Spark turn to Fairy Phoenix.

"Hmm, only because it's your failure?" Fairy Phoenix laughed, then continued "OK, enough jokes, we failed our mission on the space-frame "The Land of Keys"."

"And I take it it's your first failure?" Amarillo is surprised by the fact that they have failed their mission.

"However, something interesting happened, the Land of Keys is being destroyed by a woman, or seemly a woman, called Kikuri. And that bear a striking similarities to the one responsible for the collapse of Gensokyo." Fairy Phoenix take the PDA from Lily's hands and loaded some other data. "We have changed your mission to simply five words: Kick Kikuri's Ass For Us. And I'm sorry for the selfish action."

"Hmm, from the names I can read your anger." Amarillo facepalms.

"So you are clear what to do, right?" Said Rainbow Spark, "And even though we failed the mission, our commander still allowed a upgrade on our weapons, and that include your weapon, which is newly made."

"Newly made?" Lily white asked "but Amarillo already got a Lightsaber there."

"And that's my weapon, the lightsaber of potential." Fairy Phoenix said, "Amarillo Viridian, check out your new weapon - BH Lance." Fairy Phoenix handed her a.....

FISHING ROD.

"Another Fishing Rod?" Amarillo exclaimed.

"Well, seeing you have customized my weapon into one, I take it that you have a special love toward these."

"Oh, yes. However the one who build that didn't seen a fishing rod before." Amarillo looked at the new rod for a while and then answered.

"Oh, well, it's not only a fishing rod, you press that button there and... " Fairy pressed a button located near the wheel of the rod, and a laser blade top appeared on the top of the rod. "That's why it's called a Lance. You can slash enemies with this, or throw it out in order to deal damage, however it's still a pale one, means it can't deal damage unless you fuse with some elementals."

"Get it. So you get the fact that I don't like melee weapons."

"And there is more." Fairy showed the button can be pushed forward. "If you push the button forward, the blade can be shot out then come back as a boomerang, however, this will cost some of your Control Index. So beware."

"You are training me into a sniper?!" Amarillo facepalms, again.

"Take it as my strange habit."

"Then what about her original weapon?" Lily White asked.

"Certainly I'll take it back." Fairy Phoenix showed Lily the lightsaber, "I took it back when installing the computer in your room."

"It is neutral for a weapon back to its owner." Amarillo added.

"With your new mission and weaponary issued, our mission is complete, before we left, I'll tell you I have set up something good for the shrine's faith." Rainbow Spark said.

"Hm?"

"Go to http://www.amarilloviridian.co.cc/saniwa/ and you will know what I meant. Something electric is the other way to build up faith."

"But what's faith used for?"

"I'll explain it quick and clear, an increase of faith can raise the Gensokyoian's Mana storage, is that clear?"

"Rainbow, we gotta go, the energy is running dry, Amarillo-san, another time!" Said Fairy Phoenix.

"Oh, well, we always have the transmission system..... Hey, don't drag me!"

Rainbow is dragged by Fairy into one of the doors and disappeared.

"Hmm, using a dreamspace as a briefing ground to avoid a paradox......" Amarillo looks at her new weapon.

"What's a paradox?" Lily White seems more confused, "they are from another time but will it affect us that much?"

"I'll explain to you later, and it will make you bored again."

"Awwww...... And what did your new mission mean?"

"Firstly, it's our new mission, then... Honestly, I don't know, either."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #384 on: June 17, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »

... ... ... bzzzt ... whirrr ...

THE DREAMSCAPE, Levitating Ruins of Wassail, Black Symphony
(Hirowaza, CHI form)+Meira

The only thing that was in this island, floating in the sky, apart from murky, black clouds that surrounded it, were giant ruins of a castle that used to stand proud and tall. Perhaps this would be familiar to a certain Satori, perhaps not. Whatever the case, Meira stood in front of these giant ruins and looked around. She saw a familiar face. It was Hirowaza, but at the same time, it was not. The form of Hirowaza looked exactly as it was before the advent of Eirin's Shady New Drug, except... he looked more... feminine than he usually did. He was also wearing something clearly something only a female would wear. Is... this... him trying to...? Meira thought in her mind, but dismissed the thought as she faced Hirowaza, or rather, a representation of him in his REM sleep mind... his Chi form.

"Hi." Hirowaza said bluntly.

"Uh... hi." Meira replied.

"...They call this Wassail..." he said plainly. "I've been here for... god knows how long."

"...?"

"...Enough about me. There is something rather irksome going on in those ruins. I am going to investigate."

"H, h, hey! I'll come with. It's too dangerous to go on your own."

Hirowaza tilted his head at Meira and chuckled as he nodded approvingly, before drawing... his switchblade? No, it was not a switchblade. It was a beautifully forged machete, that suddenly changed its form into a giant spear. It was Cacophonous Symphony in its highest form. ...This is what Hirowaza aspires to have... That kind of power. Meira thought. It's good to be ambitious, but don't let it control you. I learned why the hard way. The two of them entered the "Levitating Ruins of Wassail," as it came to be called. The embodiment of Hirowaza continued to discuss with Meira about the history of the ruins. To her, it was meaningless, but perhaps it showed her some parts of Hirowaza's being and mentality. It certainly explained a couple of things.

The two of them entered what appeared to be a throne room, except it was desolate, destroyed, defiled, by... Whatever could do such a terrible thing. The only thing intact was the throne itself. Someone was sitting on it. Someone Hirowaza recognized.

"...?!"

The figure looked /very/ familiar, but Hirowaza wasn't sure whether it was for real.

"... ...A... Astarte?"

The lady sitting on the throne nodded intermittently, but she remained silent.

"...It's really you, huh? Fancy seeing you here."

Meira could only stare in wonder as she suddenly realized who this person was. ...His savior, eh? she thought. Or at least perhaps a fragment of her. The "savior" aspect. Again, the lady remained silent, still smiling. It was all clear to Meira now. ...So, it seemed Hirowaza's ability stemmed from the will to want to see his savior again. He wanted to improve so he could match her ability. Admirable, but it is a fleeting wish. He must learn to detach himself from such trivialities and focus on the now.

Meira sighed and started to leave the ruins on her own, leaving him on his own to converse with a figurehead that did nothing but provide a false hope.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #385 on: June 21, 2009, 08:03:54 PM »
OOC: The original plan was to go straight to miko training but I suddenly got an idea for a little 'game' to play. Now, read on.

Room 202, Saniwa Inn, 4.30 AM in the morning, Day 5

"Neechan! Neechan!" The voice hissed frantically in her ear. Mikoto found herself shaken awake rather roughly by a pair of small hands.

"....ugh...what is it...?" Mikoto asked, sluggishly.

"It's Reimu!" Suika hissed urgently.

"What is it?! Is she hurt?!" Mikoto asked.

Suika shook her head.

"Was she kidnapped by the yakuza to be used a trophy for another basketball game?!" Mikoto asked.

Suika shook her head again.

"Did she get hungry and end up eating her own cooking?!" Mikoto asked, imagining the worst possible scenario.

Suika shook her head again.

"Ate one of Marisa's mushrooms?! Fell in the hotsprings?! Didn't get any donations?! Abducted by aliens?! Joined the circus?! Alligators in the sewers?!" Mikoto asked, each suggestion earning her another negative from Suika.

"....y'know, it'd be easiers to just asks her what it is ze..." Marisa murmured drowsily, having been wokened up by Mikoto's panic.

"It's bad! Real bad, neesan! Reimu's about to start miko training!" Suika said, panicking. "She just went off to get Sanae!"

"Oh crap..." Mikoto muttered under her breath. "Suika, send a distress signal to the others!"

"....umm...how...?" Suika asked with a sheepish grin.

"...." Mikoto facepalmed hard. She forgot that Suika was technology-illiterate.

"Ugh...Alice!" Mikoto turned to Alice. "You do it!"

"....what spell do I have to use?" Alice asked drowsily.

"...." And this one's a technophobe! Seriously! What use is covenant technology when most of the people here are utter neanderthals!

"Gimme ze!" Marisa muttered, snatching the communicator from Alice's hand. "Leave it to mes daze." She licked her lips before pressing a few random buttons and...

Beep...beep....beep....

....RRRIIIINNNGGGGGGGGGG....

All the communicators in their pockets let out an ear-piercing ringing sound while vibrating like a hippo on a rodeo machine.

"...that...wasn't the same distress signal we had yesterday...." Mikoto pointed out.

"Oops daze..." Marisa chuckled nervously. "Err....that was the 'wakey-wakey' programs or somethings like thats daze...."

"...crap...that means Reimu must've noticed it too!" Mikoto gulped.

"Agh! Mikoto! What was that for?!" Taihou's annoyed voice came through the communicator.

"You caused Jan to leap through the ceiling!" Koakuma's voice joined in.

"Mitaka! Or Mikoto! Or deodorant or whatever your name is now...this had better be good..." Gpop's voice was dripping with ice at having been woken up.

"Gpop! You have to get out of there, fast! Reimu's on her way to get Sanae and..." Mikoto began.

"Eh? Sanae? This early in the morning? What's....h-hey! Reimu?! What're you doing in my room?! What's that bucket of water for?! N-No! NOT..." And the line cut off abruptly.

"....we have a casualty..." Mikoto announced, before executing a cross. "Rest in peace..."

"Anyway, we can mourn Gpop later. Reimu's preparing to round everyone up for Miko training. Do you know what that means?!" Mikoto explained urgently as she motioned for her team to follow her out into the corridor as quietly as possible.

Everyone thought back to the maid training the day before....

....a chill ran down everyone's spine....

"....what's the plan?" Owlbear asked, the drowsiness dispelled completely by the urgency of the matter.

"We'll escape." Mikoto said, gesturing for Suika to take point and for Ruukoto to cover the rear, before proceeding down the corridor in single-file. "We'll have to go through the ruins."

"Isn't Reimu in the ruins now? Gpop's room is down there." Zei's voice joined the communicator chat.

"We have to risk it." Mikoto said. "We need to find Eirin and get her to give us an antidote, first of all. Then we need to get the girls to safety through one of the escape routes Gpop found yesterday. Besides, with any luck, Gpop probably managed to escape and is now leading Reimu away from the ruins."

"Where shall we meet?" Sanasan asked over the communicator.

"The Library will do." Jan suggested.

"Good. We'll rendezvous in the library." Mikoto said. "....good luck everyone. And may the force be with you...cause no one else is. If you get left behind, nobody's going to go back to retrieve your corpse, you hear?"

"...umm...Mikoto-san..." Ruukoto murmured.

"...yes?" Mikoto looked around at her vanguard.

"....you know those security systems Reimu-sama and Sanae-san installed using the shrine's mana?" Ruukoto asked.

"...yes. What about them?" A weight dropped heavily in Mikoto's stomach.

"...well...one of them's been following us for a while now desu..." Ruukoto pointed out the miniature yinyang orb that was floating in the darkness behind them.

"...oh crap...RUN!"

OOC: Right, your mission, should you choose to accept it (not like you have a choice) is to make your way to the library in the underground ruins. However, Reimu's on your tail....and she now knows the ruins, shrine, inn and all their secret passages like the back of her hand (because she's hax like that) and can pop up right behind you at any point...in fact, she can even give you the impression that she can be in multiple places at the same time. Plus she has turned the entire shrine's Covenant security system against you (because she installed it). You have to either escape or disable the yinyang orbs whenever you see them (just give them a good strong blow. Try not to damage them...too much...). Right, good luck to you. The next part of the story begins when everyone has either reached the library or has been captured by Reimu.

« Reply #386 on: June 21, 2009, 09:26:30 PM »
Ria's Room, Saniwa Shrine, 4:45 AM Day 5

The covenant communicator began spazzing out. Ria slammed her fist on it, silencing it. The noise woke both Ria and Kaguya up.

Kaguya: One hell of an alarm clock.

Ria: That's not the alarm clock, it's the communicator! It's a good thing that it's made out of sturdy stuff.

Ria picked up the Communicator and listened in on what happened.

Kaguya: Reimu, and Sanae? Hmm? Ria, are you ok?

Ria was not ok. It had seemed like the relativly happy Ria was drained of all emotions, but fear.

Ria: We have to get to the library.

Kaguya: What for?

Ria: We need to at least prevent Reimu from getting there.

Kaguya: Austin and the others don't seem to be up yet. Should we wake them up?

Ria: No, it's best if we leave them out of it.

Kaguya: Wouldn't Reimu or Sanae find them, though?

Ria: ...

Austin's Room

Ria: Veil of Shadows

Austin, Akyuu, Nitori, and Momizi suddenly disappeared Ria threw an unusual dust everywhere.

Kaguya: Where did you get such a thing?

Ria: Well, when you've been in the business as long as I have, you find many things on the black market. Now, let's be off.

Ria drew the two swords she obtained the previous night while Kaguya picked a shield.

Ria: Isn't Momizi going to need that?

Kaguya: Don't worry about it. I'll return it later.

Covenant ruins, en route to the library,

Ria and Kaguya crept their way through the ruins. Thankfully, they did not encounter any Reimus yet. Just then, a small yin-yang orb floated by. Ria slashed it down with her swords, utterly destroying it.

Ria: Damn, almost got caught.

?: Caught by what?

Kaguya and Ria: GYAH!!

It was Reimu.

Reimu: Hey guys, what are you doing down here?

Kaguya: We're, uh, that is, um...

Ria: We're exploring more parts of the ruins. There's so many tunnels to map.

Reimu: ...with swords and a shield?

Kaguya: ...

Ria: RUN FOR IT!!!

Reimu: Fools, didn't you know? The best part about me, is that there are so many of me...

Meanwhile...

Austin's room, 7:15 AM Day 5

Austin: A-A-A-Akyu?!?

Akyu: Thank you for saving me.

Austin: Nevermind that! What are you doing in my bed?!?

Akyu: Well, You did hold me close in your arms. It only makes sense I would appear here.

Austin: Nothing makes sense right now!

Momizi: Will you two keep it down, some people are trying to sle wait a minute...

Nitori: Akyu?!? Austin, what's going on?!?

Austin: I have no idea!!!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #387 on: June 22, 2009, 02:01:42 AM »
Medical Ward, Covenant Underground, Saniwa Shrine, 4:31 AM, Day 5
Participants: Team Drillkumo, Team Ghostbusters, communicator chatter: E-mouse, Xan, tangential involvement

I was rather rudely awakened by one of the loudest generic ring alarms that I've ever heard. It was rather startling.

I shrieked and sat up in bed, adrenaline pumping. Holy Jesus that's loud, why would I ever...

... wait, what happened to my voice? Where am I? And why does my body feel strange...?

The ringing suddenly stopped. I continued panting, rather frightened by the whole ordeal.

My voice isn't nearly that high-pitched, is it?

"Five more minutes..." a familiar voice mumbled, from off to my left.

I glanced over to see Yukari lying in what looked like a hospital bed, a distressed look on her face. Actually, scratch that, she really didn't look so good...

Why's she in a hospital bed? And why am I lying... I glanced down. ... in a bed of my own, wearing one of the usual loose white gowns, and...

... with two modestly-sized mounds protruding from my chest...

Oh god. Am I...

My growing panic was interrupted by an unfamiliar female voice shouting from somewhere on the floor. "Agh! Mikoto! What was that for?!"

... Mikoto? Wasn't it Mitaka? Or someone new?

"You caused Jan to leap through the ceiling!" another girl chided, a bit more familiar. Someone from the SDM?

"Mitaka!" Hey, a guy! Wait, I recognized that one. Satori's battery. For some reason I'm relieved, why am...? "Or Mikoto! Or deodorant or whatever your name is now..."

A name change? Why...

Wait, where am I hearing this from?

Whats-his-name, Koishi's lovebird, lowered his voice dangerously. "This had better be good..."

"Gpop!" Another unfamiliar girl shouted back - ah, that's what it was - "You have to get out of there, fast! Reimu's on her way to get Sanae and..."

Gpop... popsicle, I guess, was a little confused by this statement. "Eh? Sanae? This early in the morning?" Huh, the voice was coming from a little higher up, now. Didn't seem to be on the floor anymore.

"What's..." "H... hey! Reimu?!" he started to panic, "What're you doing in my room?! What's that bucket of water for?! N-No! NOT--"

The line fell dead.

... water. People apparently turning into girls.

Did we end up in Nerima or something?

The voices were silent for a moment. A fox... Ran leapt up onto the foot of my hospital bed, carrying what looked like a fairly large, closed, darkish-blue... or is it purple?... cellphone in her mouth. Her ears were flattened back, clearly angry about this whole affair.

"... we have a casualty..." the girl I could only assume was Deodorant said, "Rest in peace..."

"Um, what the hell is going on?" I asked, addressing the noisy little phone. No one seemed to hear me.

"Anyway, we can mourn Gpop later." Mitaka - no, I'm not going to try and remember ANOTHER name for the same person - went on, "Reimu's preparing to round everyone up for Miko training."

... WHAT. What the hell have these morons been doing?!

"Do you know what that means?!"

The line fell silent. Ran dropped the phone on my legs an--

"ARGH!"

Ow, damnit, that hurt! My legs are... why the hell did that little tink hurt so much?

I picked up the phone, gently, and opened it up. "Um, what exactly...?"

I was drowned out by another unfamiliar female voice. "... what's the plan?" A serious one, at that.

"We'll escape." Deodorant replied. "We'll have to go through the ruins!"

... ruins?

I glanced up. I hadn't really noticed it before, but the walls were weird. Like some sort of incredibly well-polished stone. Perfectly clean, at that.

... the hell...?

"Isn't Reimu in the ruins now? Gpop's room is down there." Someone else added.

"We'll have to risk it." Mitaka replied, gravely. "We need to find Eirin and get her to give us an antidote, first of all."

... ah, so it was option 3, not Nerima. I suppose she WOULD be the most plausible of the usual suspects, at this point...

"Then we need to get the girls to safety through one of the escape routes Gpop found yesterday." Slight uncertainty entered his voice. "Besides, with any luck, Gpop probably managed to escape and is now leading Reimu away from the ruins."

... along with his harem, I would hope? What the hell is going on here? Wait, why isn't Mitaka with Reimu?! He doesn't have the sort of strength to let them wander off like that! Just what the hell is going on here?!

"Where shall we meet?" yet another girl's voice asked. This many genderswaps? God damn it, Eirin, what the hell did you think you were doing?!

"The library will do." someone suggested.

"Good. We'll rendezvous in the library." Mitaka confirmed. A pause. "... good luck, everyone. And may the force be with you... 'cause no one else is. If you get left behind, nobody's going to go back to retrieve your corpse, you hear?"

... I really hoped he was exaggerating.

I stared at the phone for a few seconds longer, but nothing else came through it.

"Umm..."

Ran snorted loudly, now sitting alongside me on the bed. Chen was sitting beside her.

"I'm inclined to agree." I replied. "Inexplicable genderswapping is bad enough, but violently enforced miko training? I mean... MIKO TRAINING?!"

Yukari groaned slightly in response to my shouting. I looked again and saw a few beads of sweat on her forehead... did she have a fever?

"... guess I should keep it down." I mumbled.

I looked at the cellphone thing in my hand, then at Ran and Chen. "Well, now that I have a moment to think, I guess I should regain my bearings."

I glanced down at my new... assets, mediocre as they were. "Though right now I'm still most interested in finding out exactly why I have breasts. This isn't exactly the time to be goofing around... Eirin knows better than that."

Ran snorted again.

"... or so I would presume."

I looked around the room. Some sort of medical ward, apparently. Some sort of... unusual machine sat off to one side, beeping rhythmically. I was lying on a plain white, presumably-sterile hospital-esque bed, with Yukari on an identical one several feet away. I wouldn't be able to reach her without getting up.

... very gently, I tried to move my legs.

"Urgh!" Man, they hurt like hell! "So much for getting up..." I muttered.

Chen gently nuzzled my side. I smiled at her. "Thanks, Chen."

... Ran's ear flicked. It brought to mind a certain scowl from... ah, I talked to them in my dreams earlier, didn't I...?

I bowed my head a little. "I'm sorry for being so intrusive, Ran. We'll work out something for this... just bear with me for now..."

Silence for a moment. I sighed and looked up again. "Okay. What happened? The last I can remember is..."

..... "... ah... Covenant Sky Ray..."

I looked around the room again. "But where are we now?" A different thought, much later than it ought to have been. "... and what about the others? I mean... it sounds like a lot of them made it, at least..."

I sighed. "Maybe if this stupid 'emergency' hadn't cropped up, I'd be able to get an explanation."

How annoying.

My mind wandered for a moment. I looked down at my upgraded chest again. It was stupid, but I was having trouble getting that off my mind. I mean... there wasn't much to argue with. Everyone else had said it, all the other symptoms were there, I could even freakin' feel the gown's fabric on them, but...

I raised a finger, tempted to poke them to make absolutely sure, then remembered Ran and Chen were both staring at me. I slowly forced my hand back down to my side.

"... well, now what? We've made it somewhere safe, but how...?"

Ran stretched her neck out, reaching for the cellphone thing in my hand. That's right, how did we get those, too...?

I closed the phone again and offered it to her. She took it in her mouth, twisted her head, and let it land on the bed, showing the side that I hadn't examined yet.

I could feel the blood drain from my face, aside from whatever part it is that makes your eyes bulge.

"... ah. That would explain it."

Covenant cellphones? That might explain why the interface looked a little weird. Why the sound was so high-quality without effort. And why we apparently had so many of them. But where are we?

... wait... "... someone mentioned ruins, right? Are we... is this..."

Ran nodded.

I gaped at her for a moment, before laughing slightly, sounding a bit unhinged.

"You're kidding, right? That's too good to be true."

She glared at me.

"... no, no, I'm just being ornery..."

I picked up the Covenant phone again and stared at it. Covenant ruins, gear... what sort of absurd luck is this?

I wonder where we've moved to...

... but I guess I wouldn't be able to figure out much more on my own, would I? And given how everyone seems to be panicked over this... miko training insanity, I doubt anyone's going to be answering their phone for a quiet conversation about what the angry Yakumo minion missed.

Great.

I sighed. "Well. This promises to be very interesting, but we won't be able to find out much else until someone else shows up, will we?"

Ran's tail swished. A few teeth flashed into view for just a moment.

"... or I could be an idiot. We SHOULD try letting you two get back to normal, shouldn't we?"

I glanced over at Yukari. "... although, maybe not quite yet. My legs are still acting up, and Yukari....."

I sighed again, and looked Ran in the eye. "Sorry. It'll be soon. And if a real emergency comes up..."

She nodded.

Suddenly, the door to the room opened with a soft 'swish.' Ran and Chen leapt off the bed, probably a little nervous about Reimu's apparent aggressive pursuit of miko training.

A smiling Yuyuko walked in, followed by Youmu and..... another Yuyuko.

I stared, dumbfounded. I blinked slowly as I looked between the two, both smiling cheerily.

"... uh?"

"Ara ara, did Yukari's friend forget about me while he was sleeping?" one of them asked.

"Or is she just surprised that I'm here?" the other added.

Behind them, Youmu shivered.

I regathered my wits. "I'm more surprised at your newfound ability to clone yourself. Did you steal one of Parsee's spellcards or something?"

Both Yuyukos giggled into their sleeves. Now I'M shivering. This is creepy.

"Nonsense, dear~"

"That would be telling~"

I glanced between them again, and sighed heavily. "Whatever. If you're just going to confuse me I'll just ask someone else later."

"Awww~"

I gave one of them a look, and went on. "But right now, I'd really like to know what the heck happened while I was out."

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #388 on: June 22, 2009, 02:11:42 AM »
(OOC: Flashback post, etc.)

The inn, 2:30 AM, Day 5
Sanasan yawned widely. "I can't wait to get into bed..." She rubbed her eyes sleepily.

"I could fall asleep right here in the hall..." Renko mumbled.

"Just stay awake for one more minute....We're almost there." Sanasan said, as they stumbled towards their room. After walking inside, they simply collapsed on their beds and fell asleep.

Dream, ??, Day 5

Sanasan opened his eyes. He was in a dream again, it seemed. The lights, if there were any, were dimmed, and the day's recent events were playing back on what looked like a projected image on a wall. He suddenly noticed that Renko was standing there too, watching.

"...Do you remember the day we met?" She asked.

"...The day we met? Why do you ask?" Sanasan replied.

"Just wondering." Almost as if to prove a point, Sanasan's memories of that day began playing.

----------------

He was studying physics in a library, snow falling outside the window. There was nobody else at his table, except for Renko. Her hat was on her lap, and she looked deeply interested in the textbook she was reading. He noticed that they were both reading the same textbook. Across the table, Sanasan sighed, and mumbled something under his breath about how physics was the worst subject ever. Renko lifted her eyes from her book.

"....Did you just say that physics was the worst subject ever?" Renko asked, annoyed.

"I might've. Why?" Sanasan said.

"Nothing, just that I've never heard anybody say anything more wrong in my life." Renko replied cooly.

"Oh...you're one of THOSE people. The ones who argue over things like who was more influential, Planck or Maxwell." Sanasan said, amused.

"And if I am? By the way, I'd say Planck was far more important, considering he discovered that energy is emitted in quanta, basically discovering quantum physics." Renko explained. "...But if you don't like physics, why are you even in the class? Come to think of it, aren't you in my class?"

"...Let's just say I'm keeping my options open." Sanasan replied. Renko looked at him for a moment, then shrugged and began reading again.

----------------

"Wow, we didn't get off to such a nice start, did we?" Sanasan said.

"Well, that's what happens when you make fun of physics in front of me. At least the next time we met wasn't as bad."

----------------

It was finally spring. The snow was starting to melt and trees were beginning to grow leaves again. However, Sanasan didn't care about any of that, and instead kept himself occupied thinking of how many days left of school remained. While in the middle of his calculations, he noticed that there was a girl sitting on a bench, looking quite upset. He recognized her hat, remembering she was that one physics girl from that day. Feeling a little sorry for her, he walked over.

"Uh....is something wrong?" Sanasan asked.

"...No. Nothing's wrong." She said, trying to compose herself.

"...You're sitting on a bench with a look on your face like you've been diagnosed with some life threatening disease and you're telling me nothing's wrong?" Sanasan said.

"Well if you must know, the club I founded is disbanding, and my best friend moved away today." She replied sadly.

"You founded a club? Why's it disbanding?" Sanasan asked, confused.

"Why's it disbanding? Have YOU ever heard of a club with only one member in it?" she responded.

"Only one member? You're telling me your club only has one member now? How many did it have before?!"

"...Two...The other member was my best friend."

"You're telling me you can have a club that only consists of two members? What in the world does this club do anyway?" Sanasan asked.

"You're not allowed to know until you're in the club." she replied, matter of factly.

Sanasan thought to himself. "Well, what if....I want to join this 'club' of yours?"

"Then you have to ask me." She said.

"Ok. Can I join your club?" Sanasan asked, chuckling.

"...All right. First meeting is today, here at 11PM."

"11PM?! You've got to be kidding me."

------------------

"...You only joined the club to make me feel better, didn't you?" Renko asked.

"Well...yeah." Sanasan shrugged. "You looked like you wanted to hang yourself or something, what else was I supposed to do!?"

"Well, I'm glad you did." She smiled. "I probably haven't told you this, but after Mary left, I was really depressed...I started studying day and night to deal with it. Whenever I met with you for club activities, I probably hadn't slept for at least 24 hours."

"I wondered why you always looked tired...I thought it was just because we always met at night." Sanasan said. "But you know...I was always a bit jealous of Mary to be honest."

"Jealous? Why?" Renko asked.

"I know it sounds kind of silly...but she got to know you for a lot longer than I have. I just wish I got to meet you earlier, you know?"

"That doesn't sound that sill-" Renko began, before she disappeared.

"Renko? Renko?!" Sanasan looked around frantically.

The inn, 4:30 AM, Day 5

Sanasan woke up with a jolt. Some immense noise was coming from somewhere in the room, but she wasn't sure where. It seemed Renko had woken up before her, as she was already groggily looking around for the source of the noise. She finally found it: the little communicator everyone in the group had gotten a while ago.

"Ugh...What time is it..." Sanasan mumbled, checking the time. "...4:30?! Unbelievable..." Renko simply yawned in response.

"...Reimu's preparing to round everyone up for Miko training. Do you know what that means?!" a voice from the communicator said. "...what's the plan?" continued a different voice.

"...what's that?" Renko asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Did I just hear miko training?! As if that maid thing from before wasn't bad enough..."

"We'll escape. We'll have to go through the ruins." it continued. "...Isn't Reimu in the ruins now? Gpop's room is down there."

"We have to risk it. We need to find Eirin and get her to give us an antidote, first of all. Then we need to get the girls to safety through one of the escape routes Gpop found yesterday. Besides, with any luck, Gpop probably managed to escape and is now leading Reimu away from the ruins." Sanasan reached for the communicator.

"Um...where do we meet?" she asked.

"The library will do." a voice replied.

"Good. We'll rendezvous in the library." another voice said in agreement. "Good luck everyone. And may the force be with you, 'cause no one else is. If you get left behind, nobody's going to go back to retrieve your corpse, you hear?"

"...corpse?! This sounds serious..." Renko said grimly.

"I think we better get going. Before something bad happens...." Sanasan said, looking worried.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #389 on: June 22, 2009, 09:58:07 AM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:11:01 PM by Helepolis »