Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Story Thread)  (Read 149958 times)

Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Story Thread)
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2009, 12:55:10 PM »
Hangar, Hell Sky-Ray, 9.46AM

"WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING ME DO TO? PUSHING MY DICK INSIDE THE BARREL AND FIRING IT 2 MILES TO THE HORIZON? NO, I'M REPAIRING IT! KEEP IT AWAY FROM US!", Thirtyfour yelled at Jan.

Thirtyfour furiously beat the autoloader mechanism and barrel in a eight-beat with a socket wrench.

"Rika, hand me that sledge!"

Thirtyfour kept beating the autoloader, until a green laser punched another hole through the tank, vaporizing the socket wrench and cutting the autoloader mechanism in half.

"Thanks, bro...", Thirtyfour looked through the hole a little startled.

"Here's your sledge.", Rika handed Thirtyfour a heavy-duty sledgehammer.

Thirtyfour opened the breech.

"What are you looking at?", Thirtyfour asked.

"Oh, nothing."

"Then concentrate on driving!"

Thirtyfour started carefully tapping with the sledge a jammed shell into where it should be in the barrel.

"But there's nothing on way, the last time I checked."

Thirtyfour opened the hatch. His helmet wanted to take-off from his head from sheer speed of the tank.

"CHINOOK! CHINOOK! HARD RIGHT! HARD RIGHT! HARD RIGHT!", he shouted while closing the hatch.

The tank turned just on nick of time, the scrapped Chinook barely scraping it. Thirtyfour's helmet flew and his sledge scraped the ceiling of the tank, destroying a box full of sparks.

"See? That's what I meant! I'd come drive the tank, but you'll probably blow up the whole tank with a misaligned sledge strike!", Thirtyfour disciplined Rika.

Thirtyfour closed the breech and started taking an aim to the creature. It'd just need a few more shells before collapsing, considering how many people are currently flanking it.

"Fire!"

A deafening sound of shell leaving from barrel and travelling towards the creature could be heard. The shell hit almost immediately after the sound was heard, blowing up a huge chunk off the chimera, landing very near Jan.

"SAY A WORD ABOUT MY AIMING AND YOU'RE THE NEXT ONE ON MY SIGHTS!", Thirtyfour yet again yelled at Jan.

Thirtyfour started loading the next shell with a faster pace.

The creature couldn't stop shrieking for a moment, vomiting black stuff and flesh. After stopping, the creature started charging towards the tank with its chitinous legs, roaring uncontrollably.

"Is it just me or are you also hearing it yelling "KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! KILL ME!" as it's approaching?", Thirtyfour asked while finishing loading the shell.

"Turn the tank towards it! Now!", Thirtyfour gave orders.

Rika turned the tank around, facing the incoming caterpillar.

"Full speed ahead! Ain't no saving fuel for this one!"

The engine revved insanely, and the tank accelerated well over 60mph in a matter of seconds, stressing its capability to the max. Thirtyfour aimed the main gun a little over the chimera's head for a more accurate hit, and opened the hatch.

"YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!", Thirtyfour let out a very primitive, continuous war cry, while holding the trigger of coaxial machine gun.

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!", the caterpillar let out a deafening war cry, its slimy beak hanging wide open, while getting its face sprayed with holes from the coaxial M2.

Thirtyfour and the caterpillar wouldn't stop their war cries. Thirtyfour ducked and closed the hatch and fired the main gun. The same deafening sound of shell traversing air could be heard again, but almost immediately at the beginning overshadowed by the disgusting sound of flesh exploding and splattering all across the hangar. The caterpillar's head had completely disappeared, and its dead body's heavy neck collapsed on top of the tank, painting it completely with its black liquid. The massive hangar hall was dead silent.

The hatch of the tank slowly opened, crashing back shortly after. The hatch opened again, this time not crashing. Thirtyfour, covered in blood and black liquid, with lots of bruises, dragged Rika out of the smoking tank. He fell on his back on the hangar floor from exhaustion.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2009, 01:31:12 PM »
Sky Ray- Bridge 9:46 AM Day 3

Momizi was still battling the reaper, however, death is a hard thing to overcome.

Nitori: Austin, Austin! Stay Awake!

Austin: *cough* Well, it was a good run...

Nitori: Don't speak like that! This isn't over yet! You can't die.

Boheemond: Oh, but hee will die ho.

Caboose: I've had just enough out of you!

Frank: What are you doing! You can't-

Caboose: You know how we can't remember anything? Some of my memories came back. I know what to do.

A card appeared, floating just above Caboose's palm

Caboose: Let's do this, PERSONAAAAA!!!

He crushed the card in is hand and power began swirling around him, taking form behind him

voice: Thou art I, And I art thou.
I am the manifestation of your soul.
I Am Yukkuri Shittite Ne, Master of Easy.

Caboose: Yukkuri Strike!

The Yukkuri roared and charged at the reaper. It leaped upon it, crushing the reaper under it's weight.

Boheemond: No! How do you have persona?!?

Frank: My turn. PERSONA!!!

voice: Thou art I, And I art thou.
I am the manifestation of your soul.
I Am Mannosuke, Manliness Embodied.

Frank: Sexy Pose!

Boheemond: AAAAAAHHH! MY HEE EYES!!!!

It was at this point that Ria entered the bridge.

Ria: Another one? Here we go.

Ria stabbed the bayonet into Boheemond and raised him to the sky. She opened fire, emptying the clip into the poor Frost. SHe threw the dying prince onto the floor.

Boheemond:N-no... I am the strongest...

Ria: That's enough out of you. So what the hell was that?

Frank: THe bad memories of anything cold, really.

Ria: ... what?

Boheemond: (changed voice) Heh heh heh, that's right Ria. I am everything bad you remember about the cold.

Ria; It's you, (9)!

Prince Boheemond changed into what looked like Cirno, except the eyes seemed, well, different. (This is not the cheerfuk Eye'm the strongest Cirno you all remember, this is the (9) of Outcry)

(9): Ria, thank's for lettng me come back.

Ria: I'll still kill you again

(9): Oh? Neither Forte, nor Lazuras is here.

Ria: I don't need their help! I take you down without their help! I'm no longer the girl, helpless in Gensokyo! I AM RIA!!!

(9): Then have at me!

The (9) formed a gunblade and charged at Ria.

Ria: Not this time!

Ria parried the strike and countered with a swing with Jack.

(9): Hmm, first hit. You have gotten stronger. Let's see if that Crios I gave you has matured yet.

The (9) suddenly vanished.

Ria: True Sight!

(9): Hmm, good. Now, die.

Ria was suddenly hit and flew out of the bridge.

( Need to add details later on, but the battle will finish in a different post)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2009, 02:47:18 PM »
Altered Sky Ray, Secret Hallway, 10:10 AM, Day 3
Hirowaza/Meira + Taihou/Sakuya/Moko/Keine

Everyone quickly rushed out of the infirmary, where they took a short pit stop. The hallways seemed to twist and turn, but it wasn't very hard to get lost within them, because as it turned out, there appeared to be a straight path to the hallway that led to the bridge. The cracks, however, were starting to become larger and larger as they proceeded on. As they continued to navigate the cracks, they could hear the roar coming from the apparition that had broken through the infirmary walls. Hirowaza turned around but noticed that the thing simply ended up passing through and was actually not heading their way. The coast was clear for now, and to that, everyone sighed in relief. On their way, they found a room that looked like a meeting place, and didn't seem to have any cracks at all, except for the fact that the door was busted open. Sakuya immediately went in. This gave everyone else an obligation to follow suit.

Sakuya wasn't tired, but she was faking it. She had an ulterior motive for her actions. "Well, let's move on in a while... I grow tired of constantly evading these unsightly things." she said, sighing. Taihou cocked his head but ultimately let it slide, it was indeed quite tiring in the end, being in constant fear of what was going on. Gunshots and screams and the like could be easily heard. Sakuya recalled what had happened back in the Tourist Helpers and what Hirowaza did to Taihou and she raised an eyebrow. "Well, come to think of it," she said. "Well, you know about Taihou's situation... but... What about you? You haven't said a word at all yet." she continued, a tinge of venom instantly noticeable in her voice, as if she were very suspicious. Hirowaza closed one of his eyes as if he winced. He sighed.

"Well, I suppose I should talk about this a bit, no?" he said. "I hate to be talking about it here, but since you want to know so much..." he continued, but Meira opened her mouth to state a retort, but Hirowaza quickly countered with the thumbs up, which stopped the samurai from doing anything further to interrupt. Sakuya was tapping her feet and she was eyeing Hirowaza's switchblade.

"Uhm... This switchblade is my mother's," he said. "I got it after I had learned about Deathly Attraction exorcism and Sentencing... It's quite special to me." Trailing off, he nodded off and looked around to check if there were any intrusions. "Anyway, I realized... Why my sister died. It was because of that accursed corruption, and there, I wanted to follow in my parents' footsteps. Yes, I had a sister. She died when I was ten." he said. Everyone didn't really seem to be shocked. Perhaps it was better for them to have that reaction. Hirowaza was not at all surprised. Things were already morbid as it was. "So, I learned the basics from my father and everything else from my mother. My family is a lineage of these exorcists... I only know one other person who does the same things I do, but I haven't been able to talk to her." When Hirowaza mentioned "one other person," Sakuya raised an eye up.

"Who is this other person?"

"I... I can't tell you. Not right now, anyway. I don't even know if she's still alive." he said. "What more do you want from me?"

...So, this person is from Gensokyo. Sakuya thought and nodded. However, she still wanted to know more about this. "What's up with that bruise? You're hiding something." she asked. She clearly hit a nerve there, because upon saying that, Hirowaza looked visibly hurt.

"That bruise... I..." he was struggling to come to terms with what had transpired that time he got the bruise. Actually, he has lots of bruises on his body that only Meira has seen. Meira was going to interject but Hirowaza stopped her. It'll be fine. Hirowaza said. "...I was attacked. A few years ago, my father was killed by a group of people that are of the underground. I attempted to pursue them but instead I was found by them and I was assaulted. Eventually, I was captured by them. I was tortured in all sorts of manners. I was rescued by my mother and her friends..." he said. "After I was rescued, I helped to destroy every single one of them. It was satisfying, and helped to realize the power I had." Sakuya was nodding off, it was hard to tell if she was genuinely satisfied.

She wasn't. ...So... You were discovered. Your looks certainly make you stand out. Still, you seem adamantly strong, despite such trauma. There's something more. she commented to herself in her head.

"So... Those glasses. Take them off." Sakuya said.

"Wh.. Why should I?!" Hirowaza snapped.

"Just do it already." Sakuya retorted in as equal a snappy tone.

Hirowaza relented in an attempt to satisfy Sakuya's curiosity. He took off his glasses momentarily, causing that demonic neon red to envelop his right eye again. The glow took everyone's fancy except Meira, who was already used to it. He quickly put on his glasses again. Meira stepped forward. "That's his Mana inhibitor," she explained, saving Hirowaza the trouble of talking about it. "When his glasses are off, his Mana reserves, somewhere near his eyes, start to leak out, which give his right eye that glow. It also doubles or triples his Mana potency, greatly increasing our abilities... That's why he's always fatigued." She nodded off and Sakuya made a sound.

"That is... It, yes," Hirowaza said. "Now, do you want to know more? Or have you had your share?"

Sakuya was about to say something when suddenly, the wall behind them started to crack open. Nothing broke through it, but it was a sign that the room was about to become wrecked. Everyone left the meeting room.

"Well, one last thing!" Sakuya said quickly. "How, how OLD are you again?"

Hirowaza chuckled as they all left.

"Sixteen."

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Gpop

« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2009, 03:51:09 PM »
Hangar, Sky-Ray, 9.48AM

As ThirtyFour emerged from the tank, Gpop glanced at his weapon and noticed that it was low on ammo.

Damn it! I have to go back and re-stock on ammo! Gpop thought to himself. He turned to Koishi, Satori, and Merlin and commanded, "Koishi, lend me your gun. You too Satori and Merlin."

The three of them lended their guns and he noticed that they too lack ammo.

"Alright I'm going down to the armory to re-stock on ammo! You three better come as well!" Gpop told the three girls. They agreed and followed him back inside while everyone else remained on the hanger to rest.

Gpop and the girls ran through the hallways, avoiding the seemingly larger cracks, and quickly located the armory due to the fact that Gpop could easily locate places that he's been to before. Gpop was glad that he had a photographic memory.

They opened the door and noticed a huge black monster with multiple tentacles sticking out of it. It had large, red eyes, and was in the way of the ammunition, so at the moment it was unobtainable for Gpop and the girls. Due to the high ceiling, it allowed the beast to stand somewhat straight, making it look even larger. But Gpop and Koishi recognized the beast from before...

"This is..." Koishi started

"...the monster that we fought before..." Koishi continued

"...in your dreams." Satori finished, reading Gpop's heart.

Although annoyed by Satori's sudden interruption, he remembered how their dream went. He definitely did not want it to end as badly. But...

"...if everything goes the way the dream went, the mysterious figure may appear?" Gpop told himself. But then he concentrated himself on the beast.

He held up his gun and aimed it at the beast, and Koishi followed after grabbing her weapon from Gpop. "BUT THIS TIME YOU WILL NOT HARM MY WIFE!" Gpop yelled, and he and Koishi began to open fire at the beast while Satori and Merlin spectated.

(Battle will end when I return home).

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2009, 04:51:58 PM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:09:22 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »
Sky Ray- Bridge 9:50 AM Day 3

Frank: The hell's going on?!?

Nitori: OC?

(9): heh, that's right.

Austin: Damn yo- huagh!

a large jabbed into Austin's stomach.

Nitori: Austin!!!

(9): You seemed to be dying, I just merely sped up the process.

Austin: Everything's going white...

Nitori: AUSTIN!!!

Ria: Get him to sick bay. There's medical supplies.

(9): That's different. You want to save a complete stranger.

Ria: Shut Up!!!

Ria punched the air and a loud thud could be heard.

(9): Now that's more like it!

Marx: I found the tar- guh! My head! Get... out...

Cirno: Marx?

Marx: RRRAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Ria: Marx?!? Yah!

(9): Oh? she's here? This should be entertaining

Marx: I remember everything, now. RIA!!!

Ria: Use True Sight!

Marx: She's heading to the cargo bay!

Ria: Marx!

Marx: What?

Ria: Good to have you back!

Austin's dream

Austin: This is...

The ground was broken up, but he could stand on nothing. Paintings hung in mid air and a door stood in front of Austin.

Voice: don't be afraid...

Austin: Wha...?

The voice seemed to be that of a girl's.

Voice: Open the door.

Austin opened the door and was enveloped in light. Beyond the door was a girl surrounded with books.

Austin: ...Akyu?

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »
Mess Hall, Sky-Ray, 9.45 AM

Wonderful, just ****ing wonderful. Sho facepalmed. Everything had been going so well. And then they ran into it. The one foe he could not hope to defeat. The unguarded food supply.

"Yuyuko, don't you think we're probably going to be needed?" Sho sighed.

"Oh come on, it's just a snack."

The arguement clearly wasn't going to get anywhere. It looked like he was going to be stuck here for a while. Deciding to at least do something to keep himself occupied, and deciding not to disturb Youmu, who was watching the doorways for incoming threats, he pulled out Kogasa's umbrella to wake her up for a chat.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »
((Finally decided to post.))

=== Sky Ray - 9:46 AM ~ Day 3 ===

"No pressure, Luize just choose which way you think we should go." Came the voice of Owlbear who stood in an intersection with his crew, legions of those creatures closing on them from two sides, there were however two other open pathways clear to run through, however, Luize had to decide which path to take.

Luize frantically looks down both paths, each one looking exactly like the other, her sense of direction has yet to fail her, but it was the decision that made her hesitate, sure they could go the right way but that didn't mean they wouldn't meet more of those creatures down the path.

"C'mon, Luize we need an answer!" Yuki shouted over the shots of her machine gun, she didn't wait for the monsters to get to her instead she decided to start killing them right now...however the more she dropped the more that seemed to pop up to take their place. "Ngh...geez, they just won't quit..."

"Don't shoot unless you must." Shinki ordered to (the possibly trigger happy) Yuki. "We have to conserve our 'ammunition' for when we really need it."

"That way!"

Everyone looked up and saw Luize pointing down the eastern corridor, a blast door located just up ahead. Could this be their way to safety? Luize thought so.

"You heard her, let's get going!" Owlbear called out running forward toward the door that lay up ahead, the others following close behind him.

Finally, santurary from this hell...

Or so they thought.

= Sky Ray - Living Quarters (vacant) - 9:48 AM =

The door barely managed to open, but it was enough for the lot of them to squeeze through and escape the monsters that had now began to flood the path they once tred.

"Phew...that's my excercise for the day..." Owlbear panted having ran most of the way here, he was visibly tired from the endeavor of getting to this area.

"Uhm...I hope you plan on getting more..." Yuki commented nervously as she tugged on his shirt to grab his attention.

What could she possibly mean by that? Owlbear looked up and he soon realized why she said such a thing; before him stood, a large, formidible reptilian like creature. Having no arms to speak of but large, muscular legs and wide, crushing feet. it's midsection was pretty much torn open, the sharp bones of it's rib cage protruding outward, as blood steadily dripped from the opening that didn't seem to drop any entrails, dispite them being plainly visible.

"Wh-what is this creature?" Mai spoke her eyes for once showing something fitting to absolute terror. She had never even seen such a grotesque display of monster before, the very smell of it making her ill.

"It's one of those monsters!" Yumeko declared stepping in front of them as a means of protection. "It must have manifested itself here way before we arrived."

"I-I'm sorry everyone, I...I didn't know..." Luize apologized, now seeing her worst fears on this situation had been made a reality.

"Don't worry about it. There was no way of knowing that big ugly would be here." Owlbear spoke rising up and taking a fighting stance. He really had no idea as to how HE could actually combat this thing with his fists alone. However he was soon reminded that he himself wasn't fighting in this alone as Shinki's hand found it's way onto his shoulder. The both of them made eye contact for a moment and nodded to each other as if coming to terms with what they told one another yesterday night.

"H-here it comes guys!"

GRAAAAAAAOOOOOAR!

The carcassed skin on the monster's face somehow managed to pull it's self up as it let loose it's ear splitting cry, revealing the grotesque and bloody reptilian face under nearth rows upon rows of razor sharp teeth bared at it's opponents ready to tear flesh and rend bone. It then threw itself forward it's bulky hind legs pounding the steel floor as it made it;s death charge to the group below.

"MOVE!" Shinki shouted, everyone complying to that cry as they ran around the charging beast letting it run into the door they were just in front of, a loud ClUNK ringing through out the room. However this did not stop it from it's original intentions as it slowly began to turn around, it's feet making the floor rumble as it heavily stepped around to make 'eye' contact with it's victims.

"Now's our chance!" Yuki didn't wast time in pumping the beast full of lead, the multitude of seering hot bullets tearing into the flesh of the monster, causing it to pause and grunt from the pain, but otherwise not doing much else to damage it. Shinki and Mai soon joined Yuki in pelting the giant reptile with bullets and the amount of pain it was in seemed to increase signifigantly but still not doing much. Eventually the monster got pretty fed up with it's tormentors and chose to retailiate.

GOOOOOOAAAAAARRR!

"Shit! Run for it!"

And run they did, the poorly constructed reptile following close behind them. Utilizing the same strategy as before (running around it, so that they can avoid it's charge), the monster once again ran into the wall pausing for a moment then slowly turning around to attack again.

"This reminds me of a Boss Battle..." Owlbear noted with a cynical look. "The similarites are almost as scary as that thing over there..."

"Still though, how are supposed to beat this thing! It doesn't even keel over if we shoot it!" Yuki questioned to anyone who would provide a valid answer.

"Wait..." Yumeko trailed off as she eyed the monster's legs, as it made it's way to a side ways position. She then looked to it's torso and noticed that it had no arms to speak of. "It's legs!"

"Huh?" Everyone looked to Yumeko quizzically

"We must take it's legs from under it." Yumeko suggested loudly "If we do that, the beast will be as good as paralyzed."

"Ah, I see what you mean, Yumeko." Shinki nodded. "Then now we must focus our firepower on it's one weak point. Have at it, everyone!"

=== Sky Ray - 9:50 AM ~ Day 3 ===

DETONATE!

As those words were spoken, an explosion tore through the walls of the Sky Ray, the smoke and dust clearing to revealing the figures of Shinjiro, Tewi and Yuugi. Although they were not donned in their usual attire, for this time the lot of them wore uniforms specially made to scath off the napalm that was flowing in from the hole Shinjiro just created, as well as gas masks to protect against the newly created Anti-Magic Gas they saw before at the Graveyard.

"You didn't really have to blow open that wall y'know, Oni Mcbigtits coulda just wrenched it open." Tewi pointed out. "And why do we have to wear this junk anyways, it makes me look funny."

"You don't see the napalam flowing from around us?" Shinjiro questioned before he shook his head and moved on to something else. "I don't like wearing it as much as you do, in all honesty, my Bounded Field alone is enough to protect me from any ails, but they insisted on everyone wearing it."

Shinjiro then looked around noticing that, besides the smell of napalm seering the steel around them, there something wrong with the Sky Ray, everything seemed so dark, twisted and malevolent. "So...this must have happened when the Dark Storm unleashed...Interesting..."

"Dark Storm, huh?" Yuugi added with a shrug "Dunno what that is, but I'm getting some pretty weird vibes from this place...Heh, I like it."

"Oh?" Shinjiro raised an eyebrow to Yuugi's sudden enthusiasim. "And why is that?"

"When you get a weird feeling like this, you can just be sure that there's something strong lurking around in here" The oni remarked with a smirk.

"Hm, perhaps..." Shinjiro shrugged and began forward. "In anycase let us go, I don't know where the others are, but they should be on board or should be following behind. Yuugi, I leave all Physical combat to you, do not hesitate to use lethal force. Tewi you're our support. I'm unsure if your good luck is a latent trait or not, but I have more than enough mana to find out down the road. Otherwise, you are to stay close to the both Yuugi and I and do NOT stray too far from the group." Shinjiro pulled his mask down. "There will be instances when anti-magic gas will be used, since the both of you require that to live it is mandatory that you keep your masks on at ALL times. With all that being said let's move out."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:11:20 PM by Demonlord OwlBear »

« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2009, 12:19:58 AM »
Sky Ray- Corridor 9:50 AM Day 3

BOOOM!

Nitori: What the...!

Caboose: I'll go check it out.

Frank: I'm going with you. If you get in trouble again...

Caboose: Oh, alright. Think you girls can make it to the Sick Bay?

Momizi: We'll be ok.

Sky Ray-Corridor

Team Lucky Strike wandered the corridor fighting off the odd memory

Tewi: ...Ok, this is getting boring.

Shinjiro: You remember our orders, right. If you find anyone, kill them.

??- That's rather harsh, man. Why don't you TAKE IT EASY?

Shinjiro: What?!?

Yukkuri: YUKURRI SHITTETE NE(BANZAI)!!!! (As it rolled over Tewi and Shinjiro stopping just before Yuugi)

Yuugi: HUH?!? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING!!!

Caboose: Wow, that actually worked.

Frank: My turn. Here we go, PERSONA!!!

Mannosuke: You want fan service? Hows about-

Manly Sign-[Man Service]

Yuugi: MY EYES! I'm blind!!!

The other two were protected by virtue of being under a giant Tewi Yukurri. Shinjiro ripped it in two and looked pissed.

Shinjiro: What the hell?!?

Caboose: Son of a bitch

Frank: NOW, MANNOSUKE!!!

Mannosuke: this is the true power, of manliness

Manly sign-[Nipple Spark-Phantasm]

Team Lucky Strike was blown back to the entrance from which they busted into the Sky Ray, pushing back the Nerve Gas and the Napalm.

Sky Ray- Cargo Bay

Marx: Show yourself, (9)!

(9): I've been here the whole time, Marx. It seem's your Crios isn't fully developed yet. What a shame.

Ria: Watch yourself, Marx.

Cirno: What the hell is going on? Why are there TWO mes?!?

Kaguya: Honestly, I'm as confused as you are.

Ria: There! Fuck!

Marx: Wait. Is that...?

Ria: No time! Let's go! We've got to get to the Hakkero before she does!

Sky Ray- corridor

Caboose: We've got to seal the entrance!

Frank: Already on it.

Mannosuke: You cannot get past, For this ship is under my safe keeping.

Napalm: We don't want to get past!!!

Caboose: More are coming!

Soldier 1: They took down the RAI members, GET THEM!!!

Mannosuke: Time for LASER DUCK!!!

Caboose: Persona!

Yukurri: Close the gap easy!

The Suika Yukurri welded the openning shut with it's power.

Frank: That should hold em.

Sky Ray-Sick Bay

Nitori: He seems to be alive.

Momizi: Well, he's pulled through worse.

Nitori: I wonder, what does he dream about when he sleeps?

Austin's dream(?)- Shattered Memories

Austin: Akyu!

Akyu: Austin? Is that you?

Austin began running to Akyu but got surrounded by the corrupt memories. Akyu screamed as darkness began to swallow her.

Austin: Damn it! I'm coming Akyu! Get out of the way!!!

He drew his sword and lunged at nearest memory.

Gpop

« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2009, 12:47:34 AM »
Armory, Sky-Ray, 9:52AM

Gpop could see that the creature was in a great deal of pain as it screamed in agony as Gpop and Koishi continued to shoot at the dark beast. Bits and pieces of the monster began to fall all over the armory.

"I'm going to finish this!" Gpop yelled. He pointed his large gun at the head of the beast and began to shoot vigorously, and he could see the head just splatter into pieces until the entire head was no longer in sight. He stopped shooting and Koishi followed, and all they could see was a large chunk of blackness just standing there, ready to tip over. After a few seconds it finally fell over to the ground.

"Well that was...really fun!" Koishi said happily, dropping her gun and hugging Gpop. But Gpop was well aware of what's going to happen next. He didn't hug her back, as he continued to stare at the bits and pieces of the fallen creature. Koishi noticed this and asked, "What's wrong?" And then Gpop saw the pieces starting to move. Too fast for him to react, as they quickly gathered together to re-create the monster once again. As soon as the head formed, it cried out loud, "GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORR!!".

All four of them covered their ear from the deafening cry, but as soon as it stopped, Gpop quickly grabbed the gun he used and attempted to fire, but only a few were shot at the beast, which appeared to have bounced off the beast completely.

"GODDAMN IT!" he yelled. He noticed that Koishi was running back to grab her weapon, but Gpop also noticed one of the monster's tentacle reaching out for Koishi.

"KOISHI LOOK OUT!" Gpop yelled in vain, because the creature managed to wrap its tentacle around Koishi before she could even notice, and carried her near its head.

"GPOP! JUST LEAVE ME! GO RUN AND SAVE YOURSELF WHILE YOU STILL CAN!" Koishi yelled at Gpop. But Gpop was too shocked to move now. It was all happening again. He couldn't believe it. Once again he felt powerless, and he can't do anything to save her. All of the ammunition in the weapons are gone, and the rest are unobtainable behind the creature. Gpop turned around to see Satori in great fear for her sister.

"No...I promised Satori that I'd protect Koishi no matter what," he told himself, and then he raised his voice into a yell, "EVEN IF IT MEANS THAT I HAVE TO SACRIFICE MYSELF FOR YOU!" And Gpop reached for his heart. "I'M GOING TO RELEASE ALL OF MY MANA FOR YOU KOISHI! SO YOU'LL HAVE ENOUGH TO SAVE YOURSELF!" And tears began to escape from his eyes and trickle down his cheeks, but he didn't care, as he thought of the moment as his last.

"I...WILL RELEASE MY-"

"Gpop..." Satori interrupted, and as Gpop heard her, he turned around to see what she was going to tell her, but the first thing he noticed was Merlin, glowing in blue and floating in the air.

"Merlin..." Gpop began, but he was too dumbfounded at Merlin. Merlin then began to fly towards the creature and he could see her beginning to charge up some kind of attack.

"I WILL NOT LOSE GPOP! I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO HURT HIM OR HIS FRIENDS IN ANY WAY!" Merlin yelled, and then she declared a spell card, "TRUMPET SPIRIT 'CLIFFORD'S FINAL PERFORMANCE'!" And a huge blue beam was released from Merlin's trumpet as she aimed it at the huge creature. Gpop could feel some strain in himself, but definitely not enough to feel tired from the attack. But he was too focused on the beast as it cried out in pain. He could see the tentacle release Koishi and she began to fell, unconscious since the beast tightened its grip on her. But luckily Gpop managed to grab her before she made contact with the ground. Tears continued to escape from Gpop as he looked at Koishi's innocent face, unconscious, as he said to himself, "I'm so sorry...I-I couldn't help you..." And he began to burst into tears.

Then he heard a large explosion. He looked up to see the monster break into pieces once again, but disintergrate before they hit the ground. The creature was no more.

He looked at Merlin to see tears trickle down her cheek, and then she began to fall to the ground as well. Gpop once again reacted and managed to catch Merlin as well. She, too, was unconsious.

"God...DAMN IT! I WAS SUPPOSED TO LEARN MAGIC TODAY! I COULD'VE SAVED YOU IF I DID!" Gpop bursted into tears. He lowered his head towards Koishi's chest, smothering himself on her.

But then he could feel a hand rub the back of his head. He quickly looked up to see Koishi's eyes half-open and she responded to him, "I'm...okay...just tired...that's all".

"I...can fix that for you." And Gpop concentrated himself to release his mana on Koishi, and he could see Koishi seem a lot better and much more fit. As soon as he began to feel some strain on him, he stopped, and Koishi brought herself up and hugged him.

"Thank you, for saving my life." Koishi said.

"I...didn't save you." Gpop said, ashamed. "I couldn't...I was powerless...Merlin saved you!"

"It's okay...you're only human...and that's why I love you," And Koishi kissed Gpop like she never did before, and Gpop kissed back. They kissed for at least a good 30 seconds before they released themselves. Then they hugged each other once again.

"Koishi!" They both turned around to see Satori run up to them and hug them both, and they hugged her back. "I'm sorry that I couldn't help you two at all. I felt like I should've done something, but I was too scared to even move."

"It's okay," Gpop replied, "You're our friend and family. We can easily forgive you."

"But what about Merlin?" Koishi asked.

But they completely forgot about her. The three of them looked at Merlin to see her still unconscious from her mysterious, but powerful attack.

"Satori...how...could she do that? I thought she didn't have enough mana to do such an attack, let alone a spell card." Gpop asked.

"I noticed during the battle that your mana was increasing rapidly." Satori replied. "When you were about to release your mana, unconsciously you lent a lot of your mana to Merlin as you were desperate for outside help. Since your mana increased, you had enough to lend her mana enough to use a Spell Card! She could even fly at that moment!"

"But why did she go unconscious now?" Gpop asked.

"Because as soon as she used her attack, she lost quite a bit of mana from it, and you unconsciously returned your mana back to yourself when you realized that the creature was defeated. Now she barely has enough to sustain her body, and she's in a state where she's unconscious for a few hours. She'll regain her mana by then."

"Wait...when you said my mana increased once again, then how much do I have now?" Gpop asked yet again.

"You have...oh my...10000 MANA!" Satori said in shock.

"What!?" Gpop couldn't believe it. He managed to unconsciously gain almost 20 times more mana than he previously had. "Then I could lend enough mana for the three of you to fly?"

"Yes, and only very simple Spell Cards, but it seems that before that you had 1000000 mana!" Satori added in shock.

"Oh god..." Gpop was in such shock that he was lost for words. How could I even produce such amount!? In desperate times!? I have to know how I did this! Gpop thought to himself.

"Unfortunately we still have no leads on how you did this though, but right now we don't have the time! We have to get out of this thing!" Satori said.

"R-right!" Gpop replied quickly. He looked at Merlin and studied her closely. So she was the mysterious figure? I didn't... Gpop thought to himself, but he later got his head back into reality and picked her up and carried her on his back "You two get as much ammunition and weapons you can carry! We'll need for later!" And he took a pistol this time and placed it in his pocket. "We're going back to the bridge! We're going to help out everyone escape from this thing while we still can!"

And the three of them headed from the door and ran their way through the hallways to get to the bridge.

« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2009, 02:06:44 AM »
Somewhere in the Sky-Ray 9:53 (featuring Gpop's team)

"Man that crazy girl." Alex mused to himself has he leads the fairys to the bridge both Lilys are carrying the knocked out Amarillo.

Alex wondered were that arrow came from but the need to evactuate was to great to sit on it.

"We need to move girls lets go"

this time around he's having the 3 fairys mask themselves and are sneaking around the place trying get to the bridge but bumped into Gpop's group rounding a corner.

*BAM* Alex and Gpop collide.

"oh sh...  oh wait its just you guys lets stick together this place is a near death trap now." Alex says

Alex gets a feeling someone is watching him but shakes it off because the the moment at hand requires full attention.

Elsewere on the sky ray

Yagi had almost had enough of this sweep with no sign of Alex when he spotted him making his escape but was able to sense Alex wasn't at full fighting shape Yagi was masking his presense from him

"I'm gonna let you go for now Alex but when we meet again Alex you better be ready for me." Yagi muses to himself and walks away

"Your not gonna go after him master?" Yuka says in a sign of what little free will she has left after the condtioning.

"No i'm not low enough to kill a man who can't fight back to his fullest potental." Yagi replys

"Very well then shall i do it then master?." Yuka asks

"No you shall not and come yuka we are done here at this point they back to the square they started at we will not report their existance aboard this place."

"Ok master" Yuka replys

Yagi then gets on communications to the rest of RAI taking part in this raid

"All Rai Forces misson is succesful we are pulling out before the dark storm attack makes it impossable for us to pull out all units disengage and pull out."

« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2009, 02:30:50 AM »
Sky Ray- corridor 9:53 AM

Frank: Fuck, more of them!

Caboose: Shit! It's Yuka!

Frank: Eh? Who?

Caboose: Remember that magazine, Flowering Love? That's her!

Frank: I don't want to get raped by vines!

Caboose: let's get out of here!

Yuka though she heard something, but dismissed it. She had a weird feeling, though.

Sky Ray- Cargo Bay

Radio: All Rai Forces misson is succesful we are pulling out before the dark storm attack makes it impossable for us to pull out all units disengage and pull out

Marx: Uh...

Ria: huh? You work for the government?

Marx: My other half works for the government. The one they made in the chair.

Ria: The what?

But the two were interupted as a (9)-piloted mech landed with a thunderous crash. It was equiped with a large ice sword and an auto-cannon.

(9): Only that annoying Sniper ever saw this, but I think I'll let you see it before you die.

Cirno: EEEE!

Ria: Fine, bring it!

Marx: *over radio* This is Marx. I'm in a bit of trouble, but I'll be there soon.

Austin's Dream(?)-Shattered Memories

Austin: Ragh!

Austin swung as he defeated the last of the corrupt memories. He began to run to Akyu, but she was trapped in a cage, made of the chest cavity of a rather large corrupt memory.

Austin: Akyu!

ROOOAAAAARRRRR!!!!

Austin: Damn you! Let her go! RAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2009, 03:08:43 AM »
Saniwa Inn, Karuisuwa, ~10.25 AM, Day 2
Participants: Team Drillkumo, plothole plugs: E-mouse

The walk back only had one noteworthy event: Youmu had to split off to go to some 'mansion' nearby, since she was actually paired with some sensei I had barely heard of, apparently Remilia's boytoy, who could manage to keep her alive from the other side of the block, where this mansion apparently was.

This was very strange, and I put forth a complaint about letting Sho take over, but Youmu said they'd have to discuss it another time. Yuyuko agreed that Sho had other priorities for the time being.

Well, at least we'll get to chat at that afternoon party. Apparently. We parted ways at the corner, after Yuyuko spent a minute nearly suffocating her.

... although, I wonder what her sensei would think of her arriving dressed up as a schoolgirl and carrying a pair of thoroughly dirty swords.

Man, that expression would be worth a lot.

Anyway, we made it back to the shrine without any further incident, and split up once again to head for our rooms and unload clothing. Yuyuko gave Yukari a big hug goodbye, with less asphyxiation this time. I had to smile at that.

Yukari and I returned to room 107 and stuffed our new clothes in one of the sliding-door closets. In the process I realized, once again, that I smelled horrible.

"... I'm gonna change, all right?" I said.

I could tell Yukari was still watching me, and I knew she was smirking. "Yes, and?"

"I'd prefer if you turned away, if you're willing."

Silence. "Why on Earth did you bother asking?"

I shrugged. "Na?vet?, I guess?"

I kept it quick, and didn't swap underwear. I still heard a chuckle from behind me as I finished pulling my pants on.

"My, boxers aren't the best at keeping you covered all the time, are they?" Yukari mused.

I blushed a little. "Yeah, sometimes it peeks through." I turned to face her. "But anyway, now that we're in a bit better condition, shall we see if we can track down Renko?"

Yukari looked over at the futon for a second or two, then turned back. "How were we intending to do that, again?"

... hm.

"Well... we could see if she's still in her room at the inn, ask around to see if anyone else has seen her..."

Yukari shook her head. "The inn seems to be basically abandoned, if you haven't noticed. Renko didn't take a key this morning, either, and I think she said she lived in the area."

Damnit. I grumbled a little.

"... so, any other ideas?" Yukari asked, smirking.

....... "Actually, yes."

Her smile faded. "And what would that be?"

I glanced down at Ran and Chen, who had curled up in a corner to relax. Damn, so cute. "Well, it'd be pretty demeaning to them, but... I noticed Chen was sniffing around a lot this morning. Most animals have an excellent sense of smell. If we can find anything Renko owns..."

Ran looked up at me. Blinked. Turned to look at Yukari. Considered for a moment.

She got to her feet and approached the door. I opened it for her, then turned and shrugged at a scowling Yukari.

"I guess that's a go?"

-----

I was expecting to have a little trouble picking up the initial scent, but Ran just made a beeline for where Sana-whatever handed over the shrine and environs, sniffed around for a little while, then walked back out and headed straight into town.

"Or I guess she could remember the scent offhand?"

She stopped for a moment to look back and give me a nod.

I shook my head. "Incredible. Ran, you're a life-saver."

Yukari muttered something I couldn't quite hear.

"Even if you're keeping your master up."

Though, I suppose that was part of the point. Ran's tail swished a little more after that comment - arrogantly, maybe? Mockingly? Or am I making stuff up?

Whatever.

Luckily, the streets were still quiet. We could get away with following a stray fox around. Very fortunate.

Ran led us on a beeline through town, past a few quiet corner shops and towards... what was probably a shopping region downtown. Or something like that - I'm not sure how that city segmentation stuff works.

ANYWAY.

We were skirting the edges of the more active sections of town, when Ran stopped, sniffed around for a few minutes, stared off in a different direction than we had been going, and led us on that course.

"Did she double-back on herself or something?"

Ran didn't bother to contrive a response. I couldn't blame her, it'd be difficult to communicate much more than a yes or no without a voice.

But, it became a moot point as Ran led us directly towards the main entrance of the Karuisuwa train station. She sat and stared at it pointedly for a moment, then walked into an alley nearby. We followed.

"So she's on the train, I take it." I said, still looking back at the station.

"Think it left yet?" Yukari asked, not bothering to mask her eagerness.

"If we knew which one she was on, we could plush out and check..." I replied. Damnit, all that trouble and we can't even...

... ah, wait. "No, we can still find out which train she's on. Someone probably saw her, and I doubt anyone will question our 'looking for a friend.'"

Yukari sighed. I wondered how irritable I could get away with making her. Maybe if there was some way to let her... oh!

"Wonder how long the train ride would take." I mused, pointedly.

Yukari's shift was prompt. "Okay, let's go."

I smirked.

Several pops and joint aches later, we were on our way.

-----

Karuisuwa Train Station, ~10.45 AM, Day 2
Participants: Team Drillkumo, Team Star GPS: E-mouse, Sanasanasan

I was completely right about getting away with asking random people about seeing Renko. It helped that her hat was quite distinctive. We got on the train she'd entered in rather short order. Further random interrogation also led us to find which train car she'd claimed.

By some miracle, it was empty aside from Renko and her... I'm guessing boyfriend. Renko seemed surprised to see us.

"Oh! Aren't you the one that recognized me at...?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I wanted to talk to you, now that things have calmed down somewhat."

Her boyfriend turned away from the window and blinked at us, blearily.

"... so he is." he said, continuing Renko's thought, "But how did you know her, anyway?"

I took a seat on the other side of the train, and let out a sigh of relief. Getting off my feet made that plushie maintenance much more manageable.

Anyway. I turned to face Renko's boytoy. "Have you ever heard of Touhou?"

He shook his head.

Yukari put Ran down on one side of me, then lied down on the empty train seats on the other side. She started to put her head on my lap, and I moved Chen out of the way so she wouldn't get crushed in the process.

"Oi."

"What? We didn't bring a pillow."

I sighed. I suppose it's only fair. I put Chen down next to... up against Ran, and looked back at our outworlder acquaintances.

They were looking at each other with raised eyebrows.

Great, more embarrassment to deal with. I coughed, and they looked back at me. "Now, where was I?"

"Touhou?" Renko asked, "What's that?"

"Ah, right." I thought for a moment. "Well, long story short, it's a videogame series about Gensokyo, the world beyond the border you and Maribel were so interested in."

The guy was rather shocked. "You're telling me there's a GAME about the other side of that border?"

I nodded. "Multiple, actually." He stared.

"So you know who I am...because I'm in these games, too?" Renko asked.

"Actually, no. The games became so popular online that their creator also got to release several written works and music albums. You and Maribel are only mentioned in those, probably because you can't get in the sort of fights that the games are based on."

"Fights?" Renko's boytoy asked. "Sounds like a pretty violent game."

"Games have that general tendency, yes." I replied, dryly. "On the upside, the locals make sure it's never fatal or particularly dangerous. The usual conflicts are resolved more with style than all-out power."

Renko herself was more concerned with other matters. "Wow, me and Mary have our own music album?" she asked, wide-eyed.

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm not sure how much of it was devoted to your own themes compared to remixes of the ones for Gensokyo's natives, though..."

Wait, this is getting irrelevant. I shook my head. "But that's not the point I wanted to make here. I know about you because the Touhou series links you to Gensokyo. That's why I wanted to talk to you.

I'm actually HERE because Gensokyo collapsed."

A stunned silence. Delicious shock value.

"It...collapsed?" boytoy repeated.

I nodded.

"No wonder we couldn't get in yesterday." Renko muttered.

"I thought that was the norm?" I asked.

Er... wait. I shook my head. "No, I'm just being a wiseass. The point is, everyone from Gensokyo had to flee to the outer world - your world - to escape the catastrophes of it falling apart.

But, apparently, they can't survive here on their own, since Gensokyo was destroyed by someone stealing the source of magic that powered it, and all the supernatural people within."

"So...where are they?" the guy... I should probably ask for his name sometime - asked. "These 'supernatural people?'"

I smirked. I was about to reply with more wiseassery, but Renko interrupted.

"You can't mean those people in the shrine the other day?" she asked.

I nodded. "Correctamundo. Just about all of them.

... well, the girls, at least."

Renko tilted her head to one side. "So, you guys aren't from this 'Gensokyo' place?"

"Yes and no," I answered, "We were IN Gensokyo when it collapsed, but a good portion of us arrived there from... other worlds. Given some of the supernatural powers most of the other outsiders have, I'm inclined to think most aren't from here."

I paused for a moment. "... and I'm not exactly without supernatural powers myself, at this point..."

Mr. Boytoy eyed the maybe-a-youkai with her head on my lap. "So... I'm assuming she's from Gensokyo, then?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Very important figure there, for that matter."

I briefly wondered how much detail I should go into about that. Well... maybe later. More important matters right now.

"However, Gensokyo's natives aren't exactly at their best right now. Remember how I said they can't survive out here on their own?

The visitors to Gensokyo, me included, are currently acting as 'mana batteries' to keep the natives alive. Without that, they'd waste away from lacking the... let's say, ambient magic that kept them going so strong in Gensokyo."

"So, without this 'mana' stuff...they'd die?" Renko asked.

I nodded.

... time for the big question.

"... would you like to help?"

Silence. Renko's boytoy shifted uncomfortably, and answered.

"...Well, honestly, I can't see us being much help at all. After all, I don't really have any special 'powers' to speak of." He glanced over at Renko. "And as far as I know, Renko can tell the time by looking at stars, and that's about it."

Renko echoed his uncertainty. "That's true. Didn't you say something about some of your friends having supernatural powers? How could we help?"

'Friends?' I barely knew any of them! But whatever.

"Every little bit helps." I replied. "One of Gensokyo's magicians told me that even regular outsiders could provide at least a little bit. Enough to keep one Gensokyo native alive, even if it'd probably be uncomfortable for both of them."

I glanced at Yukari. "Well, one that isn't absurdly powerful, at least."

Renko and her boyfriend exchanged a look.

"Hmmm.... I don't know about this..." the guy said, frowning.

"How do you even go about sharing 'mana' anyway?" Renko asked. "Some kind of magical spell or something?"

I frowned. "I'm not quite sure how it works, actually. But it's something like that - a contractual link that lets you share mana, depending on physical and emotional closeness between the provider and recipient. Or recipients."

I resisted the urge to poke Yukari's cheek, and simply pointed at her. "This is why I can't just walk away from her sarcasm."

I looked over at Ran and Chen. "Or leave the 'pets' at home so store owners don't freak out at the fox wandering in."

"You mean those dolls are actually people?" boytoy asked, looking puzzled.

I grinned. "Yes and no. One at a time, you two."

I clenched my hands together, and closed my eyes. Get ready...

POP.

I grunted, knuckles cracking slightly as my arms flinched. I waited a second. Nodded.

POP.

Leg twitched slightly. Not too bad, though.

I opened my eyes again to see Renko and whats-his-face staring, slackjawed, at the plushies-turned-actually-returned-to-animals now sitting beside me.

"Myaa~"

"What...in the...?" the boy managed.

"Wha-what just happened?!" Renko gasped, staring at the cat and fox pair. I realized that Chen was licking at Ran's neck.

God damnit, so cute.

"They dropped the disguise I came up with to avoid drawing attention." I explained. I stroked Chen's back.

"This is Chen. Right now she's not only limited to staying as an actual cat rather than going with her preferred humanoid form, but she's also missing a tail."

"Humanoid form? You mean, she's a nekomata?" Renko asked, clearly intrigued. "Wow, I didn't think they actually existed..."

I chuckled. "Oh, you're going to be meeting a lot more, don't worry."

Her boyfriend pressed on that line of thought. "Nekomata? What's the fox, then?"

I smiled, and stroked Ran's back. Her fur felt ragged... maybe we could afford a brush for it...?

No, now isn't the time.

"Ran, here, is in a similar situation, except she's missing eight tails."

Another silence at the implications. I enjoy that too much.

"Missing eight tails? So... so nine total?!" Renko was wide-eyed. "Wow...."

Her boyfriend smirked slightly. "Nine tails? Sounds kinda like pokemon."

I was tempted to throw something soft at him, jokingly, but nothing appropriate was handy. So I just shook a fist.

Ran was less amused, and growled at him.

I stroked her back again. "It's okay." Chen assisted me with some more neck-licking.

My upper lip... damnit!

I wiped the blood away with a hand, again. "Freakin' nosebleeds."

Renko's boyfriend decided not to comment, and changed the topic. "So, how did that just happen? How'd you change them from dolls to animals?"

I shook my head. "I didn't. That's their own power - they just had to draw the mana from me to pull it off."

"So, is that why you flinched earlier?" Renko asked. "Mana being drawn?"

I hesitated. Hearing about this would probably discourage them... but it's best to be honest.

I nodded. "... yeah. If they don't do anything supernatural, I can manage maintaining them without much trouble, but our first few experiments into drawing extra to do anything unusual have been somewhat painful."

Renko's boyfriend frowned. "Painful, huh...? This...does not sound like something to do impulsively."

I bowed my head.

"I'm not really sure what to think of this right now." he continued.

Renko was also uncertain. "And you have to be around them all the time for this mana sharing thing to work?"

Well, so much for that plan.

I raised my head, and nodded again. "Yeah, apparently. You've got a little leeway - the other end of the room isn't a problem - but you can't exactly go to the corner store alone."

The two frowned at me. Well... last ditch effort, I guess.

"Please think about it. I'm taking care of an unusually powerful selection, and more at a time than I'm expecting you to try and manage. Patchouli didn't rule out having multiple people act as batteries for one person, either. It might be possible to just link and provide some extra for them when you're around. But you're entirely right in worrying about it being uncomfortable or painful.

We could really, really use your help in trying to restore Gensokyo. But it's your choice how you want to help."

The two looked at each other, a little nervous, and leaned over to whisper to each other for a moment. I couldn't really hear anything they said.

They stopped, and Renko's boyfriend turned back towards me. "Well...we'll think about it."

"Yeah, I'm not sure if I could handle being around someone at all times..." Renko added.

I nodded slowly. "All right. Thank you."

The train intercom crackled, and the conductor started rattling off where we were headed.

Wait, where ARE we headed? I just asked for whatever tickets Renko had gotten.

I was going to ask, but her boyfriend cut me off with a yawn. "Anyway, I'm still kinda tired from last night. And the mana sharing thing... I think I'll sleep on it. Wake me when we get there."

And with that, he lied down on the seat and closed his eyes.

... and here I thought Yukari was the one who wanted to nap.

Renko seemed to agree. She settled on her seat as well, putting her hat over her eyes to help block the sun. "Okay, then." she said, and smiled. "After all, we're going to surprise Mary together later, right?"

The train chose that moment to start moving.

The boytoy grinned. "That we are. Excited?"

"We're headed to visit Maribel?" I asked.

Boytoy turned his head towards me and opened one eye. "... yeah."

I smiled, though it wasn't the friendliest one. "That's good. I wanted to talk with her, too."

The train car fell silent, aside from the clatter of the rails. I realized that I had nothing to do for the ride.

Damnit.

Unless... well, someone should stay awake to catch the stop, right? ... but I didn't really know it, either.

... I AM tired. All right, might as well try. I looked down at Ran and Chen. "Hey. Could you scoot over?"

They looked at me for a moment, then stood up - wow, they seemed tired too - and walked to the side a little.

"Thanks." I lied down as well, gently moving Yukari's head to rest on my side. It was a little uncomfortable, but not as bad as trying to sleep against a straight-backed train chair.

Chen curled up against my chin. Ran shuffled past, probably to rest on Yukari.

Well, at least I wasn't starving this time.

-----
Train Ride Dream, Karusuwa Train, ~10.58 AM, Day 2

I was running.

No, we were running. Renko was running on the street in front, as well. Her boyfriend wasn't far behind her. I could hear other footsteps. Looked to the side. Yukari. There were more behind me. Two more. Shikigami.

In the distance, someone was walking away from us. Blonde. Dress. Maribel.

"Maribel!" Renko cried, "Come back!"

We weren't getting any closer. The street wasn't moving past us.

I looked down. Saw my treadmill. To the side. Yukari's, too.

The street beneath Renko and boyfriend moved like a treadmill. But it didn't look like one.

They didn't know.

We knew.

We weren't going to catch her now. She'd been lost. Sometime. Didn't know when. Wanted to know when. Where. What happened.

The world shook. Renko and Sanasan fell over. Vanished. Strange.

Something fell out of Maribel's pocket. Rolled towards us. I put on a burst of speed. Didn't help. It rolled close enough anyway. I leapt towards it and------

-----
Yakuza Train Landing, Karusuwa Train, ~11.01 AM, Day 2

I snapped awake.

"Ha? What'd..."

I yelled as something clawed at my head, then apparently leapt off. Damnit, that hurt!

Something lifted itself off my side. I heard Yukari mumble something.

Renko's boyfriend sighed. "So it applies to partners too, huh? Birds of a feather flock together.... Well, it's just that..."

KLONG

Part of the train's ceiling was dented in by some half a foot in the rough pattern of a car's wheels. Screams came from the rest of the train.

"What the f--"

KLONG

A second set of dents joined the first.

What the fuck is going on?!

One of the windows in our car was open.

... sure, why not?

I ran towards it. I could hear, faintly, someone shouting from above. Something about "all dead" and "mess with Yakuza."

Hm. That doesn't sound good.

I reached the window and stuck my head out - just a tiny bit. Yelled up at the roof. "Oi! What the fuck is going on up there?!"

Surprisingly, Deodorant replied. "Jeremy! Pull the emergency brakes!"

He sounded desperate.

Okay kids! Time for Jeremy's Implicatory Math Class!

Yakuza plus death threats plus panicked friends making demands equals what?

Yes! You do what they ask for!

I had no idea where the emergency brakes were, though. I glanced around, I think I may have seen them when we got on...?

Something black caught my eye, and I saw Chen running directly towards... the emergency brake.

"Go, Chen!"

She grabbed on and pulled. Everyone hit the floor of the train, knocked down by the sudden deceleration. I grabbed Chen after she fell off the break, and held her close until we finally stopped. I thought I heard something splash...?

A silence. We all panted.

"... everyone okay?" I called out.

There was a general affirmation. Good.

We stood up, slowly, and the train intercom cracked on. It wasn't that damaged by the incident, at least.

Sounded like the train engineer was going to look around at bit to make sure the train was still working, then we'd transfer to another one at the next station, since this one had been superficially damaged. There was an offer to refund the ticket price.

Hey, nice.

-----
Train Station Past Karuisuwa, ~11.15 AM, Day 2

We had to pull a good bit of plushie shenanigans, and tried to keep it unclear whether we'd pulled the emergency break ("little heroes" or not, we needed to stay out of the limelight), but we made it to the next station without much trouble.

We got off there, as recommended, and wondered exactly what to do next. Renko and Sanasanasanasana... no, it stops somewhere before then - wanted to continue on, despite the scare. I wasn't as sure, but I just asked Yukari about it - I didn't want to frighten them more.

"You sure we should go further away from Deodorant after that? I recognized his voice up there, and..."

"They're fine." Yukari replied.

"You sure? I think I heard a splash--"

"They're fine."

I stared at her. "You know if they got hurt, that would mean Reimu..."

"They're. Fine."

Her teeth were clenched, now.

"... you ARE worried."

Silence. She nodded, slowly. "Yes. But by now, it's too late for us to go back to them, and there's not much we could do there, either way."

I grimaced. Sighed. "Good point. Seeing if we can find Maribel would be..."

"Hey, Jer!" Renko called over, "Our train's here!"

I looked up. Waved back. Ow, elbow.

"Time to go, I guess?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2009, 12:14:56 PM »
??:??, Day 3, Dream Corridor Amarillo & Lily White

"So the question is, why is you there?" Amarillo looks at her partner, who shouldn't be there.

"That's because I went sleeping in your arms." The fairy replied.

"Oh, fine. By the way, thanks for the bandage." Amarillo looks at the red ribbon tied on her arm in order to stop the bleeding.

Amarillo stand up, looks at the doorway.

She remembered what Satori said last night.

"The door is always unlocked."

She starts walking towards the end of corridor, Lily White follows her.

She stopped at the gate that said "Viridian Forest".

She opened the door.

The outskirts of Viridian Forest, Dream Corridor, Amarillo & Lily White

"It's long way from the doorway to here." Lily White said.

"You only think it's long because the city is deserted. After all, it is just a illusionary world, we are almost there."

They arrived at a pond in the forest, where a girl is sitting on a tree stomp, fishing.

The girl heard them, and turn around.

Lily is surprised that the girl is similar to Amarillo in every aspect. Only this girl seems more younger.

"Good fight you have since we've met last time." the girl speak.

"You know I'm desperate." Amarillo replied.

"So you changed your idea?"

"Yeah, somewhat forced to."

"Remember, powers are not something that you must afraid, or let others fear you." The girl slowly said "Actually, you are now stronger than me, so you don't need to live under my shadow."

"Eh?"Amarillo is surprised.

"From the point that you Sedate the sniper yesterday, I have returned your power, you just don't know it. If it was me in that situation, I will choose to run."

"Actually I'm thinking to run first. However at last--"

"You thought it's better for your friends to know what the enemy was thinking, so you take the risk. At the point you made the decision, You have proved to be stronger than me in spirit." The girl stood up. "And she is your partner?"

"Yes. Lily White, this is "The other se-"" Amarillo is doing the introduction while gets cut by-

"Yellow, Yellow of the Viridian City. I said you don't need to live under my shadow, Lin Xiyin." the girl said. "You are lucky enough to meet a partner who is probably having the best personality. Anyone who stay beside her will be safe. I promise."

And she turned to Amarillo "Originally there will be a power returning, but this has done yesterday. From that point on you actually can use all your control index, you faint yesterday just because you didn't realize that. Now that my job is done, I'll head back. You are welcomed to come for me, though. However, there is something more important to do right?" She walks in the forest and disappeared from sight. "Good bye, for now."

"So that means-" Lily said.

"Well, seems we have a situation to solve." Amarillo looks at the forest, "And also, even Yellow-chan had said so, you guys can still refer me as Amarillo Viridian, this is FAR MORE easy to understand than Lin Xiyin or Hope Firefly."

"Well, OK."

The door appeared behind them.

"It seems she had the work cut short for us."

1000am, Say Ray, A corner, Day 3

Amarillo wake up from her spirit dive, and so does Lily White.

"Let's end this, once and for all!"

Break anything that stands between you and them!

« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2009, 01:26:04 PM »
Sky Ray- Cargo Bay

The huge ice sword met with Ria's bayonet with a thunderous clang.

Ria: Get out of here!

Kaguya: O-ok.

Cirno: No need to say it twice!

Marx: Ria, I think I can take it down with a spell card!

Ria: A spellcard?!? In this state?!?

Marx: I have enough to pull off a strong one, but that's it!

Ria: Fine, go for it!

Marx: Star sign-[Nova-Rain]!!!

The Cargo bay was enveloped by many large explosions, rocking the ship.

Ria: Is it dead?

The smoke cleared to reveal a bloodied (9).

(9): This isn't over yet! I will be back!

The (9) vanished into thin air. Marx fell over from exuastion.

Austin's Dream(?) Shattered Memories

Austin: Guhuh!

Austin landed in a pile of books, scattering them.

Austin: Damn it, I just can't get close!

Voice: Jeez, you can't do anything, can you?

Austin: What?

Voice: Use you right eye.

Austin: That make's no sense!

Voice: Trust me, it will. Declare Crios.

Austin: Crios!

Voice: Sight of Path Ways.

Austin: Sight of path ways!

Austin could see where the creature would attack.

Austin: Alright big and ugly, your going down!

mad

« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2009, 03:54:26 PM »
(OOC: Posted with etch's blessing)

9:49 Day 3 Sky Ray Cargo bay

Continued from two minutes after previous post.

The ⑨ reappeared and Marx had still not recovered.

⑨: I'm back. Time for round two.

The large machine reformed around her.

Ria: That was fast.

⑨: I only had to powder my nose.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:39:55 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2009, 05:19:16 PM »
Continue from above.

Ria: RUN!!!

Kaguya nad Cirno carried the limp Marx and ran away as fast as they could.

Ria: You're one tough nut to crack.

(9): Don't worry, you'll only worry about your bones cracking when I'm through with you!

Ria: Access Imaterium!

The Ripper appeared on her other arm.

Ria: We'll see about that!

Austin's Dream(?)- Shattered Memories

Austin: Damn! Even with this weird power, I still can't get close!

GROOOOAAAAAARRRR!!!!!

A vision flashed before Austin's eyes. It showed a girl raising her left arm, which was surrounded by crystals, to some creature.

Girl in vision: Reality Hack.

The vision ended, and Austin saw those same crystals surrounding his arm.

Austin: It's worth a shot! REALITY HACK!!!

What appeared to be a barrier around the creature suddenly appeared, and shattered.

GROOOOAAAAAARRRR!!!!!

Austin: Accelerator!

Austin suddenly rushed at the creature and slached the cage open. The behemoth roared as it began to turn to dust. Austin landed on the ground with a passed-out Akyu in his arms.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2009, 03:34:43 AM »
(OOC: Holy shit, a post that's actually of digestible length!

Yeah jeez I'm working on it shut up)

Train to Maribel's, ~11.20 AM, Day 2

Just before we got on the train, we realized we were getting hungry. Renko and Sana-whatever volunteered to grab some food for everyone. I expected part of their motive to do so was concern about the pains of my plushie maintenance. Kind of them.

Yukari and I got on the next train: it was virtually empty. Most of the civilians had been scared off from their trip by that yakuza incident. Apparently there was some sort of fight at the department store?

... that the rest of the Gensokyo crew got involved in?

I'm going to have to find out later. And probably yell at them for blowing our cover so promptly. And I thought SUNAIPAMAN was a security risk...

I briefly considered whether we should just skip town, as I feared Renko and Sana-something had been planning... but no. I don't need that sort of guilt, and Kikuri wouldn't let us know how it turned out unless we investigated ourselves.

Since the train was empty, finding another vacant car wasn't very difficult. Hell, the next ones over were abandoned as well. I sat down.

I was expected Yukari to resume her nap as soon as we got on the train, but for some reason she decided to sit on the opposite side. Weird.

"Not tired?" I asked.

She paused. "Oh, I am. Just want to rest upright for a minute." Then she smiled, and closed her eyes.

Odd.

Either way, I'd had enough of dealing with plushie maintenance. I nodded for Ran and Chen to change back. It still hurt a little, but I was starting to get used to it.

... then they jumped over next to Yukari, sat facing away from me, and looked up at the windows.

I glanced between them. What? This didn't make any sense, why were they sitting there? And wait, weren't Ran and Chen supposed to be in their usual forms?

... wait, what? Why on Earth did I think that?

And... the Drill...?

I pulled it out and looked at it, puzzled. Why was I suddenly worried about...?

"Ah, I thought that would remind you." Yukari said, suddenly beside me.

I jumped in my seat a little, startled. "Wh... what? What are you talking about?"

Yukari put a finger to her lips, smirking. "Oh? You don't remember our dream last night?"

'Our?' Wa, wait...

A vague memory flooded me, for just a moment. The Drill, the fears, the risks, the...

The power. The responsibility...

The rebellion against Fate.

I grinned, slowly. "... yeah. I'm worried too, aren't I?"

"You do that a lot." Yukari agreed.

"But that doesn't fit here, does it?" I spun the Drill on the end of its chain a little. "If I'm going to be more powerful, I need to rush ahead, to defy sanity, to kick reason to the curb - to do the impossible!"

Yukari was smiling serenely.

I shook my head. "But our situation doesn't match that. We're in no condition for a straight-up conflict. We don't even know what enemy we're up against. I'd be fighting for no reason but destruction and power."

Yukari's smile was fading.

"I'm usually more of a Rossiu. Scheming. Subtle. Manipulative, admittedly."

I looked Yukari in the eye. "But that's more your style, isn't it?"

Her smile returned, this time more from strained pride than approval.

I looked back at the Drill. "That's more of what we need right now. But that doesn't help us get stronger... which am I supposed to pursue?"

Yukari opened her mouth. "Well,"

I cut her off. "I know which one you want. But two schemers are better than one. It's just....."

I trailed off. Grinned again, wider than is probably healthy. How did I forget that?

My voice lowered to a rather guttural growl.

"Of course.

I'll just be both.
"

Silence.

Yukari laughed, and shook her head. "You really are insane."

"And proud of it." I replied. Pointed a thumb at my chest. "What the hell do you think I am?"

She shook her head again, smiling. "A pillow?"

"That works too."

We returned to the arrangement we'd had on the previous train. Then my stomach growled.

Renko and her boyfr... no, she made a point of them not going out - entered the car, carrying an armful of snacks.

"Excellent!" I said. "Thanks a bunch, you two."

"No problem." Sanasan replied, handing out the snacks. We had some pre-heated bowls of ramen, a box of pocky to share, and... fruit drinks?

I frowned at the fruit drinks for a moment. "... hey, how much did these cost?"

Renko tilted her head. "200 yen, why?"

I tried not to grin and failed. "Ah, just curious."

We spent the next few minutes eating. I pulled a few pieces of meat out of my ramen cup for Ran and Chen... hopefully we could get something better for them sometime. Well, technically, they could feed themselves with some luck, but...

After a bit, I noticed another bag of chow that Sanasan and Renko were sharing, with some sort of rings on the front.

I couldn?t resist another amused grin. "Onion rings?"

"Hey, don't laugh. They're actually really good." Renko said, offering one.

I declined. "Nah, I know they're fine, it just reminds me of a Touhou reference. Someone remixed a character's theme song with lyrics about 'oni onion rings.' It was quite catchy."

"Oh, really? I'd like to hear that sometime." Renko said. Her b... the other guy just chewed on the candy in his mouth, probably too much of it to try and talk through.

I smiled. "I don't know if Touhou exists online in your world. If it does, I'll find it and show it to you. Otherwise, I'm afraid I don't have it on my laptop." Paused, considering. "I could sing the chorus part and mangle it, maybe."

"I'd rather you diii..." Yukari was interrupted by a yawn. "... didn't. I just finished."

I picked the fruit juice can out of my lap. "Right, right, take your bleedin' pillow."

Renko smiled. "That's too bad. It sounds pretty funny." Sanasan managed a mumble of agreement, but it was thoroughly indecipherable.

I nodded. "It is. I'm having trouble getting it out of my head now, to be honest. But, no refusing the demands of the Lord and Master."

"You aren't doing a very good job of it anyway, you know." Yukari replied.

I ruffled her hair an-- oh god, why did I do that? I pulled my hand back and hesitated for a moment before managing to recover. "I never said I was going to obey every order, though."

She grunted and shuffled slightly, trying to get more comfortable.

I looked back up at the other two, and shrugged. "... but yeah, might as well keep it down."

We snacked in silence for pretty much the rest of the ride. I finished fairly early, and spent the rest of the trip petting Ran and Chen, thinking.

Past that, it was an uneventful trip.

-----
Train Station of Maribel's Town, ~11.55 AM, Day 2

Shortly after getting off the train, we realized that there was an unfortunate side effect of the lunch we had acquired.

Namely, bladder capacity.

Fortunately, the station had a rather nice, sizable restroom area available. Sanason and Renko gave each other a quick wave before Renko headed to the girls' room. But me and Yukari couldn't split up, so we had to be a little subtle about sneaking into the guys' bathroom together.

On the upside, I did manage to make sure we got separate stalls. I wasn't about to use a wall urinal with her around. And I left Ran and Chen just outside.

"You're no fun." Yukari said, from the next stall over. I ignored the comment.

---

After a minute or two, we were all finished in the boy's room, and walked out. Including Yukari, despite the expectation of girls taking longer with using the bathroom.

Renko wasn't outside. Huh.

"Guess we'll give her a minute." I said, leaning up against the wall.

"... he... help..."

... huh? Was that Renko's voice...?

Sanasan seemed puzzled. He leaned towards the entrance of the girls' bathroom area. "Renko? Is something wrong?"

"... he... help...!" Renko repeated, sounding desperate.

Yukari and I glanced at each other. Sanasan rushed into the girls' room. We followed, to find Renko leaning against one of the walls, panting.

"Wha-what's wrong?!" Sanasan stammered, rushing over to her.

Renko shook her head and stood up properly, if a little wobbly. "I... I don't know. I just felt... really weak for a minute there."

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded. "I think I am now. As soon as you came in, it cleared up."

I frowned. That sounded weird. And Sho thought that.....

"...So we just came in and it magically 'cleared up'?" Sanasan asked, confused.

Renko shook her head. "I don't get it, either."

I cleared my throat. "Hey, Sana? You willing to step outside for a minute?"

"What, you want to duel him for Renko's love?" Yukari asked.

"I meant alone."

Sanasan seemed a little hesitant, but he nodded. "Uh...alright." He walked outside.

I watched Renko carefully. Her face went pale, and she frowned. "He... hey. It's happening again!"

"Come back in, Sana!" I called, and sighed heavily. "Great, so much for that plan..."

Sana stepped back in, looking worried. "Why, what's the problem?" He noticed the uncomfortable look on Renko's face. "It happened again?"

I nodded. "Yeah. And I think I know why.

Remember those mana links we discussed earlier?"

Sanasan tilted his head. "I think so." His eyes widened. "...Wait. You said something about 'being near' the other person... didn't you?"

I nodded again, grimly.

"So, you're saying that, me and him are....linked?" Renko asked. "How could that even happen?!"

I threw up my arms, and probably hurt Chen's back in the process. Damnit.

I went on with the message anyway. "Fuck if I know! It doesn't make any sense to me, either!"

I sighed, and cradled Chen back in my arms. "But the symptoms are there. Someone else from the Gensokyo crew said he suspected you were linked, but I thought he was being stupid. We'd have to ask one of the mages to be certain, but it seems like the most plausible explanation."

"Actually, I'm pretty sure it's true." Yukari cut in. "I remember seeing them in the dream last night."

I blinked at her. "'The' dream?"

She nodded, smiling. "Another effect of mana linking is that the participants share dreams."

"I assume there's more to it than saying both of us are linked to Renko, too." I 'asked,' deadpan.

She shook her head and sighed. "When there's a lot of different links in close proximity, things get messy. Everyone in that shrine room last night shared the same dream."

"That must have been confusing." I muttered.

"Mostly for Satori. For the most part, each group stayed in different sections of Gensokyo."

"Wait, so that weird dream I had was the same dream everyone else had?" Sanasan asked.

"It was part of the dream we all had." Yukari corrected. "Only Satori saw all of it."

Renko had a much simpler question. "Satori?"

I fielded that one. "A satori named Satori. One of the few Gensokyo natives that still has most of her powers."

Renko paled.

I nodded at her. "Good thing the mind-reader's on our side, right?"

Yukari continued. "We all visited Gensokyo in our dreams last night. Or, at least, the memory of it. But it wasn't a field trip - we were all worried about it. Part of what happens in the group dreams mana linking causes is for those involved to address their worries and fears..."

... I could remember just a little of the other dream I had on the first train. But only one detail of it really mattered.

"... like Maribel." I finished for her.

She nodded. "Shall we be on our way?"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:31:01 AM by E-mouse »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2009, 07:31:51 AM »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Opposite Mansion - 6am - Day 3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kojiro awoken with Remilia next to him on his waterbed. The veil was down again and he was rather groggy.
He recalled the events of last night in which she confessed her love for him and after realizing an epiphany that she raised he returned her affection.

He looked at his finger and noticed that the red link corresponding to Remilia was bright red and thick. Showing that their bond is much stronger. He also noticed that the Orange link was also getting thicker for Minoriko. he was rather pleased that he was on such good terms with his team. 
He looked at her sleeping face next as she laid next to him. He wondered if he actually loved her now.

Kojiro: "...was it smart to do? i mean...in this unstable situation i could lose her again and it would hurt all over again like it used to...Am i willing to be vunerable again? But...she opened her heart to me...is it cowardly to worry about accepting them when there is a possiblity that we'd fail?.......

She stirred and slowly woke up.
Remilia:.....ahhh good morning...*she sits up and stretches slowly*....its odd getting up when i normally would be sleepin now.

Koji: hehe....morning Remilia...*pats her head* hope you slept well
Remilia: *holds his hand again like last night* Best sleep ever.

She swiftly got up to him and kissed him....surprisingly he kissed her back. He felt her love and concern.
The moment was cut short when a knock came at the door.

Pearl: Hey dad, aren't you going to the Shrine for a meeting with everyone?

Koji: !! *breaks kiss* y-yeah yeah! I know i'm up.

Pearl: oh okay tell Remilia-chan that i washed her clothes and put them on the chair there.

Remi: such an obedient child you have.

Remilia got out of bed first and got to her original outfit, washed and so fresh and so clean clean. Kojiro got up and went to change clothes in his closet and let Remilia change in his room

Pearl woken up Youmu(Myon), and Minoriko and together they all had breakfast cooked up by Pearl herself. Bacon, Eggs, Waffles, Apple Juice and Sausage Patties (OOC: dam i'm hungry now.....seriously i'm dam hungry right now ~_~)

It was amazing.

Pearl: Dad I'm gonna help you and your friends with this crisis.

Koji: *was about to take another bite of a patty*......ah you sure? i mean we don't know how long this'll be and-

Pearl: no worries I' want to help. there never was a need to discuss this and you know it. Your not even worried are you?

Koji:....well not really but i'm worried more for everryone else from Gensokyo. I know you can take care of yourself.  Well i won't stop you if you want to help we can alway use some others with experience since we're fightin enemies who can destroy leylines.

Remilia: Interesting, you can fight as well?

Myon: i knew i felt something odd about her.

Pearl: teehee. yup. i can fight too no worries.

Kojiro:...well we should get going we need to search for keystones now or something. So lets get to the shrine.

Minoriko: yes lets. Breakfast was amazing mistress Pearl.
Remilia: yes this is just as good as Sakuya's cooking. I expected no less
Myon: yes it was very very good. I feel like i can Cut anything today.

With that the team moved out for the shrine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Saniwa Shrine 6:15 Day 3 (starring Team Ghost Buster)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They arrived at the shrine. However to allow Remilia resistance to the sun he had to reduce her mana intake so that she was reduced to a normal human like state. Many of the others were having breakfast.

But what struck him VERY odd was the other Youmu sittin with Yuyuko and Sho
Kojiro: O_o what the heck?!
Myon: shhhh don't be so loud i'll explain in a second.

They approached Sho and his team and the other Youmu looked over and noticed them coming as if she was expecting them.

Sho: Ah There is the other half.
Koji: what's going on here?
Myon: I'm actually the ghost-half Youmu that was split apart when we escaped from the boundary.
Youmu: I'm the physical Youmu that has the most interaction. I'm sorry sensei i didn't mean to deceive you. But i wanted to continue learning under you while protecting my mistress. I though it was the best course of action if i split like this.

Koji: ah i understand ya but aren't your abilities cut in half thanks to this?

Youmu+Myon: Affirmative....
Sho: I tried to tell her that it would be best to stay as one piece. Because if soemthing happens to one then the other might be affected by that ya know?

Kojiro: yeah. I guess so? it makes sense in most synchronizations.

Youmu: but.

Kojiro: well lets recombine her then

After 10 minutes of convincing Youmu they finally got Youmu and Myon to recombine themselves and again a visible specter was hovering over Youmu yet again.

Yuyuko: yay  Youmu is back to abnormal ^_^ just the way i like it.

Youmu: *sweatdrops* T-thanks mistress.

Because of that Koji lost the link he had with You-Myon and it was transferred to Sho instead.

Remilia: .....so i was competing with her ghost half last night? How stupid.

Youmu had gained the memories that Myon had gathered as well as any techniques, feelings and thoughts.

Youmu:....heheh wow that was interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on the pirates attacked and sieged the Shrine. However they were not hostile in teh end. Ria...their leader explained that she wanted MArisa for her MAster Spark but suddenly they were attacked thanks to a Dark Storm.

To be continued....

Sky Ray 9:30 Day 3

See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2009, 09:35:14 AM »
(( I honestly HATE to be doing this on Day 3, but I have no choice ))

Altered Sky Ray, Bridge Control Room, 10:25 AM, Day 3
Hirowaza/Meira + Taihou/Sakuya/Moko/Keine

"Okay, let's push through!!" Mokou said, gesturing for everyone to slide under the half-open gate to the bridge control room, which everyone did. Taihou, Sakuya, Mokou, Keine and Meira all slid in fairly fast but Hirowaza decided not to slide under for a moment and looked back as the void started to encroach closer. Hirowaza's head started to hurt and he kneeled over. Aaaagh, freaking hell, what is this!! Hirowaza was thinking. Not now, why now! Aargh, it's all coming back to me! Hirowaza struggled to stand up, and he saw in the distance, to his right, a strange creature that looked like a strange black singularity with black, textureless vines protruding from it. Hirowaza's eyes widened and he was instantly paralyzed, paralyzed from fear. "Th... That... What is that thing?!" he said. He couldn't move. "D... G... Get that... Away!!" he squealed as he started trembling. Mokou from within the Bridge Control room peeped under the door and saw Hirowaza trembling in his robes. "Oh, dummy! Get in here, stupid." she grumbled and dragged Hirowaza from his feet against the cold steel of the ship into the safety of the bridge control room. When they set Hirowaza against the wall, they looked at his face. His eyes were rolled up and he looked like he was about to foam at the mouth. Sakuya tilted her head and Meira looked very worried. "Hmm, I never s, saw anything like that happen to him before!!" Meira said with disbelief. Keine didn't look at all shocked whereas Mokou was bewildered. Mokou looked more closely at Hirowaza who looked nothing short of psychologically broken. "It... pff... Almost looks like... h..." she said, resisting the urge to laugh, but Keine poked her and made her stop.

Hirowaza tried to snap out of it but it was too difficult. Something was going on his head. A memory he had tried desperately to forget had suddenly resurfaced once he faced into the darkness, it caused a minor cortical shock and rendered him paralyzed after he saw the black creature, which in fact never existed, it was an act of malice by some unknown, otherworldly force.

Cut to a few years ago, when Hirowaza was ten.

-- Hirowaza's hair touched the floor, he was long overdue for a haircut. He was in the Junes Department store, and his eldest sister had gone off to the bathroom. He was standing nearby and waiting for her to finish her business there, so she wouldn't be done for too long. Hirowaza had been coerced by his sister to go shopping with her, except wearing a set of her clothes. So, here he was, standing around, waiting for his sister, wearing a frilly black and white dress. He was leaning against the wall trying to look casual but he was looking very apprehensive instead. Eventually, three guys dressed in some clothes befitting of thugs passed by and stopped. They eyed Hirowaza and leered at him. "Ufu, well, what do we have here?" one of them said.

"Bro, bro, he's standing next to..."

"Quiet, you." the guy who had first eyed Hirowaza was apparently the boss, then changed his attention to Hirowaza. "So, why are you here, all alone?"

Hirowaza turned nervously left and right, but there was no one there. His sister still hadn't come out of the toilet. "Um... I'm waiting for someone..." he said timidly, but the two people behind Boss just snickered and Hirowaza swore he noticed one of them holding some rope. Hirowaza turned his head to the side. "Well, haha, I think I'll be going..." he said, but then Boss grabbed his arm.

"Who said you were going anywhere?"

"Uh... uh... eh?!" Hirowaza was visibly shocked. He noticed the guy with the rope. It was indeed rope. Hirowaza tried to call for help but he was stopped by the other guy who covered his mouth. His arms were binded but not his legs. Boss slammed Hirowaza against the wall and lifted the dress up and saw what was underneath. Hirowaza was crying by now. The three guys started laughing maniacally. Around this time, Hirowaza's sister left the toilet and saw what was happening.

"?! What are you three doing!!" she said angrily. She took out a knife and stabbed Boss at a vital spot, instantly killing him. The one with the rope was visibly shocked, leaving the other, who had become quite mad, to shout in rage "And who are YOU to kill brother like that?!" Hirowaza's sister, Ryuubi, clenched her fist.

"And who are YOU to attempt to violate MY brother like that?!" Amidst this, Hirowaza was struggling to escape the ropes, but his mouth was taped quickly by the enraged thug. Said thug pushed Ryuubi down, knocking the knife out of her hand.

"Damnit!" Ryuubi cursed as she attempted to kick the thug who had knocked her down, but it wasn't enough, as that thug pulled out a gun and then and there, shot her. Hirowaza saw all of this and this experience would surely traumatize him. Through the tape, he wanted to call out for his siter. But she wouldn't answer. Of course not. Not anymore, at least. The two thugs started to pant as they laughed and then had their merry way with the bound Hirowaza, and humiliated him in the most unceremonious way possible, and had stripped him of any self-dignity he may have had at the time.

Then she came, and instantly took out a blade and killed the thugs with swift strikes. She looked at Hirowaza's crying face and inspected his battered body, before taking him to her place and patching him up. Later that day, she asked him a question. She looked several years his senior. Around six years.

"Where do you live, dear?" she asked. --

Fade out to present

Hirowaza was visibly recovering, however, he was now crying silently to himself. He stood up firmly. "Where do I live..." he said. He could feel something happening with the knife. A surge of mana rushed to it and the strength started to well up in him. "My home... No, our home." he said. Mokou tilted her head at him.

"What's gotten into you?" Sakuya asked curiously.

Hirowaza shook his head. "I am terribly sorry if I worried you... Something about that void is terribly wrong. It brought back a thing of the past I tried hard to bury. But if I run away, nothing will change that! It has happened, and I must use that charitable experience from her to improve the future, to do something about the present!" he said. His switchblade began to glow, and it metamorphosed slowly into an indistinguishable shape, but it molded itself into a featherlight katana that resembled Youmu's famed Roukanken, except slightly shorter and more curved. "I don't know if she is still alive..." Hirowaza said, looking at his new weapon. But whether she is alive or not, she avenged my sister's sacrifice... I didn't know it at the time, but she did something to me... At least, my memory of her did... It made me feel empowered."

CACOPHONOUS SYMPHONY

"Well," Hirowaza said. "We're here at the bridge. There was quite clearly someone here, but they're no longer around. What should we do now?"

« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2009, 01:26:21 PM »
Sky Ray- Corridor

Kaguya: yow! More of them?!?

Cirno: Wait, those guys are...

Kaguya: Those guys are the ones who kidnapped me. I've gotta go!

Kaguya left Cirno with the limp Marx.

Cirno: ?

Marx: Damn her, taking over like that...

Cirno: Oh, you're awake.

Marx: Let's get out of here. We are done for now.

Austin's Dream

(play for effect-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHjgZglZ-S4)

Austin: Hey, Akyu? Akyu!! Come one, wake up!!

Akyu: It's not much longer before I die...

Austin: You won't come back. You don't have enough mana! Here...

Akyu: What are you...

Austin: I'm binding us to a mana contract. Nitori taught me how.

Akyu: Oh...

Austin: The ties that bind us spin like a web. Let this web grow as a new bond is made.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2009, 10:57:09 PM »
(OOC no time stamps, I'm in a hurry! 5 minutes till my internet cuts!)

A highway by Lake Suwa,

A modest farm truck was slowly snaking its way up towards the small town in the distance, little Karuisuwa, laden with a cargo of hay for a nearby farm. Atop it, nesting amidst the hay, was a small figure dressed in an inconspicuous blue denim dress, her straight brown hair hidden underneath a wide-brimmed white hat.

?There?s hardly anything interesting in Karuisuwa, young lady.? The old wizened farmer behind the wheel wheezed. ?It?s such a sleepy little town.?

?Ummm?.? Chloe shielded her eyes from the sun as she took in the scenery, before suddenly giggling happily, mostly to herself. ?I like this place!? She chirped, stretching luxuriantly as she took a deep breath of the lake air.

?Oh??? She blinked, noticing something odd about the lake. There was a disturbance in the air. It wasn?t obvious, not to a lay person at any rate, but a mana-sensitive like herself could feel it in her soul. ?Fumuuu?? She narrowed her eyes on the source of the disturbance. She could just barely perceive a hint of a dark mana somewhere in the lake?.and yet nothing was visible?which mean someone was hiding something?

?Someone?s hiding something from me. I don?t like it when people hide stuff from me.? She muttered to herself.

?What was that, young lady?? The farmer asked.

?Is there ice cream in Karuisuwa?? Chloe asked, with cheerful anticipation.

?Well, I?m sure there is.? The farmer said. ?I mean, it?s not THAT backwards a town?still, can?t imagine what business a city girl like yourself might have there.?

?Plenty!? Chloe said happily, falling back into the hay. ?Plenty, plenty, plenty??

==========

Mana Generator Core Room, Sky Ray, 9.49 AM, Day 3

"Hey, Yukari, you know what this symbol is?" Jeremy asked, gently running his fingers over the symbol on the mana generator.

"This is the symbol of the covenant." Yukari said. Jeremy muttered something about a 'Master Chief.' "Legend has it that millenias ago, before the age of the Lunarians, there was a great nation of humans and non-humans. They were united by the covenant. It?s just a fairy-tale now though, to teach children to be nice to one another and respect diversity and stuff like that."

Jeremy raised an eyebrow at her. "... not the kind of fairytale you'd expect to hear in Gensokyo, is it? I'd think parents would be more focused on keeping the kids from getting eaten by youkai."

"I suppose." Yukari said. "Probably a good reason to believe it may be more than just a fairytale."

"And one I'll be wanting to hear in detail later." Jeremy replied, in a low voice. He shook his head and turned back to the symbol on the generator, examining it closely. "... this one?s a beast youkai, I think, judging by the tails. And this one must be a tengu, I can see the wings. This one?s a kappa, this one?s... I'm guessing a ghost or spirit, judging by the lack of defined legs. And this is... a dragon...?"

"I feel a little guilty..." Remilia said.

"Really? About what?" Jeremy asked, though he was mostly preoccupied with inspecting the mana generator.

"We let the others run off as bait to lure those creatures away..." Remilia said.

Jeremy glanced back over with a raised eyebrow. "And what were you planning on doing? Scaring them to death?"

"I?m not that helpless." Remilia said indignantly. "I?ve got a weapon. It?s called Kojiro."

"Haha....thank you, Remi...." Kojiro chuckled heartily at Remi?s joke from where he stood watch by the blast-door.

"I believe that Ria girl uses this machine to power the ship and supply all the mana the crew would need to survive." Jeremy mused. "If we can get this to work at the shrine..."

"I wonder what it runs on." Kojiro said.

"That Ria girl said its output is at 10% of its optimum capacity." Jeremy said. "Something about it declining due to the low ambient mana. So it probably amplifies ambient mana or something like that. That?s why it shut down... it functions in the presence of pure mana. It can?t work with corrupted mana." Jeremy paced around the generator. "If that?s true then if we bring this back AND activate that old leyline..." He looked around at Kojiro and Yukari.

"That?s provided we can get it to the shrine. Have you forgotten where we are?" Yukari asked.

"And I take it Gap Airlines would be a mass suicide?" Jeremy asked.

Yukari shrugged. "Pretty much."

"Thought so." Jeremy muttered, grimly.

"So this was built in times when mana was more abundant, then." Kojiro said. He frowned. "Wait....doesn?t that mean it was built at least hundreds of years ago?"

"Maybe even further back." Yukari said. "The Lunarians reverse-engineered the first mana generator 7000 years ago. Considering the symbol, it may have been built by the original covenant."

"Seriously?" Jeremy chuckled, and smiled sadly. "Hahaha, if only something like that really existed..."

"What?s this?" Minoriko asked, poking Jeremy with the radio the team had wrested from Ria earlier. "I think voices came out of this earlier."

Jeremy blinked at it, and his eyes widened. "A pocket radio?!" He grabbed at it. "Give me that!"

He turned it on, and gave Minoriko an irritated look - then a guilty one. "I?ll explain it later. For now, let?s see if we can get through to anyone else..." He coughed. "This is Jeremy from the reactor core. Can anyone hear me? Come in. If you hear this, respond and report your status..."

Static filled the room for a while before...

"...Oh? This radio works? Ehem...this is Mitaka. Team FUBAR, team Freud, AGH! Watch out! It?s coming this way! Laser! Laser! Dude! That was my foot! No! It?s your fault, lollipop!" Mitaka shouted.

"Oy, Deodorant, if you could focus for a second...?" Jeremy asked. "I need your status."

"Ah, err, team Lunatic, Jan?s team and team Tank are with us. We?re in the hangar and we?re a little preoccupied with a Panrupillar. YES! It?s a Panrupillar! Not a Catterandus." Mitaka seemed to be speaking to someone else. "No, no, not a Walterpirus either! Why? Because I say so! Wait, don?t attract it this way! Keep it away from the tank! Ohgodohgodohgod wegonnadiewegonnadiewegonnadie...." The transmission cut short.

"That was quick." Jeremy muttered. "Hope they're okay."

"At least we know they?re in the hangar." Kojiro shrugged.

"Umm...hello? This is team Tourist from the Infirmary on the upper deck." Lily White?s voice came over the radio, somewhat high-pitched and panicky. "Team Fairy, Austin?s team, Team Freud, ummm....Team Jealous Fever, Team Makai and...uhh...team Yakuman, and team Ghost-buster have all pulled back here. Some of us escaped from the bridge...I think the monster that was there is now fighting that evil pirate woman and her friend."

"Anyone know the situation with the enemy fleet?" Jeremy asked.

"Out of my way, Lily. Hey, this is Nitori." Another voice came over the radio. "The enemy fleet consists of three ships. They?re holding their positions around the Sky Ray. The Dominion is directly in front of us, while the other two have us flanked. They?re only observing us, though. Looks like they think the dark storm?s enough to keep us down."

"Phew..." Mitaka?s voice came over the radio again. "We did it....we finished off the Panrupillar. Right...err...what?s up?"

"Good, listen up." Jeremy said. "Ok...guys, we need a plan. It doesn?t seem like they?re going to allow us to escape alive. Plus, they?ve got us covered on all sides, so sneaking away doesn?t seem like an option. Fighting back is obviously not going to be a good idea."

"No shit, Sherlock." Zei said from the other side.

"So we need to take a third option. I think the best thing would be to make those guys think they've gotten what they want - to somehow fake our deaths..." Jeremy said. He hummed for a moment, thinking. "...Nitori, do you have the ship?s schematics?"

"Yes, right here." Nitori said over the radio.

"Good. Now, lend me your brains, people. We need a plan."

====

Infirmary, Sky-Ray, 10.29 AM, Day 3

"Ok...that?s the plan, then..." Jeremy said through the radio sitting on the table around which the group was sitting. On it was spread the ship?s schematics...though it now bore many scribbles and highlights, showing ad-hoc modifications and plans. He let out a deep breath. "Set your watches to 1030 hours...now."

"This is the hangar team...we?re about to set off for the reactor core." Mitaka?s voice came over the radio. "Everyone...I know this sounds silly but....don?t die, ok?"

?Worry about yourself.? Taihou suddenly laughed, a little nervously. ?Your team?s got enough to worry about.?

?Still?if I could?I?d take your place, Taihou, Hirowaza, Owlbear, Amarillo, Kojiro, Zei?? Mitaka said. ?It looks like I?ve got the easy piece??

?We came up with this plan together.? Hirowaza said. ?And we agreed on it. Everyone has their own role. You have yours.?

?Don?t underestimate your task, Mitaka. Yours is anything but easy.? Yukari?s voice came over the radio. ?If anything, I?d like you to stay back and focus on surviving. Reimu?s survival is central to Gensokyo?s restoration. But that?s obviously not possible. So whatever happens, stay alive. If you die?I won?t forgive you.?

?Same goes to you.? Mitaka?s voice replied. ?You and Jeremy have got to survive. Not just you?everyone, we?re getting out of this alive, not just for ourselves, but for Gensokyo. Mitaka, out.? 

?See you on the other side.? Zei said, patting Kojiro on the back.

?Hey, don?t make it sound as if you?re not coming back!? Kojiro snapped.

"Hey, man, chill, we'll survive." Zei laughed.

"I know...it's just that...I helped come up with this plan. If any of you die because of it..." Kojiro began.

"We all came up with the plan and agreed on it." Keine said. "We all knew what we're getting ourselves into when we agreed. So no need to get hung up on it. Concentrate on surviving."

"Yeah..." Kojiro nodded. "Yeah..."

?The corridor is clear.? Alex said to the others, poking his head out into the corridor. ?Let?s move.? They trooped down the corridor, quiet, solemn, nobody daring to speak a word. What can you say, really, to people who may be dead in a few minutes time?

?I don?t see why I can?t be down there with you guys.? Alex muttered as they reached the large service lift down to the engineering deck. ?I can fight.?

?We?ve been over this already.? Hiroko said. ?It?s important that some of us survive. Remember, as long as memories of Gensokyo exist, we have a chance at restoring Gensokyo.?

?You guys have the biggest responsibility. You guys have to survive. If anything happens to us?.? Owlbear began. ?Well?it?ll be on your shoulders to restore Gensokyo.?

?Be ready to retake the bridge. Once we?re done, you need to try and restart the engines with whatever mana is left.? Zei said.

??.hey!? Sho called after the descending crew. ??stay alive.?

?Got it.? Owlbear threw a thumbs up, before the crew disappeared into the darkness of the elevator shaft...

=================

Onboard a tank speeding through a corridor, Sky-Ray, 10.42 AM, Day 3

After the hangar teams picked up team Drillkumo at the reactor core along with the mana generator?.

?Damn that Ria?.she even brought my Challenger II onboard!? ThirtyFour laughed manically as he tugged the gear handle violently. A godawful screech filled the dark corridor as the tank made a physically impossible 90 degree turn at 60 mph. They paid no heed to the small cannon fodder creeps milling about the corridors. One moment they were there. The next they were lining the tank?s tracks and greasing the floor.

?Akh! Watch it!? Sanasan shouted as the tank?s sudden lurch caused him to loose his grip on his wrench.

?It?s done!? Rika shouted from where she, Sanasan and Eirin were bent over the Sky-Ray?s mana generator now strapped to the back of the tank with copious amounts of duct tape, chains, more duct tape, and?.bubble gum?.

?We?ve done what we can.? Sanasan said.

?I?m not sure it?ll work?? Eirin said, wiping the sweat off her brow. ?I just adjusted the wavelength polarity of the receptors?? She began to explain.

?Only one way to find out?? Yukari said, grimly, before nodding at Jeremy, who nodded back, with a similar expression of grim determination.

?We?re nearing corridor C3 of sublevel 4.? Jan reported, trying to make sense of a blood-spattered map they had nicked off the wall earlier.

?That?s where those men?err. Frank and Cab-whatshisface, reported that incoming anti-mana gas and spreading fire.? Patchouli said, urgently. ?Jalal!?

?Come in, little pirates?? McWallace said into his radio. ?Frank, do you read me? How are you holding up??

?I think we?re?? Frank?s voice came in, before a huge KABOOM came through the radio, threatening to implode McWallace?s eardrums. They felt the tremor of the explosion run through the entire ship. ?AGH! They?ve blown through!?

?Nothing stands in MY way!? Yuugi?s voice roared over the radio.

?We?re pulling back!? Frank shouted. ?We can?t hold our position. AGH! The napalm?s back!? The radio transmission cut.

?Well, we were expecting this. Time to enter phase 2 of the plan.? Patchouli said, receiving grim nods of affirmation from Jeremy and Yukari. ?Jan-san, are you ready??

?Ready as I?ll ever be?? Jan said, grimacing nervously. ?ETA, 1 minute. Jeremy, Yukari.? He looked over at the two as he folded the map up and handed it to Koakuma. There was apprehensive fear in their eyes, mirroring his. But they had decided on this. They had to go through with it. Jan carefully crawled back towards Eirin, Rika, and the generator, doing his best to keep his balance atop the violently swaying and shaking tank. He positioned himself beside the reactor with Jeremy while Patchouli climbed up to the front of the tank. She found a stable spot by the main gun and decided to hold onto it for dear life as she awaited her turn. She found Marisa right beside her, on the other side of the main gun, awaiting her phase of the plan. Her expression was one of nervous worry, something that Patchouli found completely at odds with Marisa?s usual over-confident demeanor.

?Run that plan by me again.? Sanasan said to Jeremy, desperate for anything to take his mind off the wrenching feeling in his stomach. ?All you told me was to help rewire that monstrosity.? He jabbed a thumb at the generator.

?It?s a mad plan.? Jeremy said grimly, shaking his head. ?But it was the best all of us could come up with together.?

?You know how a submarine works, right?? Renko asked.

?Yes.? Sanasan nodded. ?But this ship is anything but a submarine.?

?We?re going to turn it into one.? Renko said.

??wait, how?? Sanasan began, before colour drained out of his face. ?You?re not going to??

?It?s going to be very controlled. We?re going to seal the lower decks on the port and starboard sides and we detonate warheads there to let water in, turning them into ballast tanks to sink the ship.? Renko said.

?I see.? Sanasan said. ?So that?s why you confirmed with Nitori earlier that the ship is watertight.?

?But, unfortunately, all the warheads in the ship are mana-based warheads, meaning they all ran off mana from the generator.? Renko continued. ?I?m still not sure what that ?mana? thing is, but I gather it?s not electricity.?

?Right, so that?s why you wanted Eirin and Rika to rewire the generator to run with this so-called dark mana thing.? Sanasan said.

?Actually, no.? Yukari shook her head. ?According to that kappa, all the warheads are primed to work with neutral mana, not dark mana. No, we want the generator for a different reason.?

?Wait?so how are you planning on detonating the warheads in the lower decks?? Sanasan asked. ?Wait, humans produce mana, so?? Suddenly, realization dawned on his face as he turned to face Jeremy and Mitaka. ?You DIDN?T!?

??.I?m afraid we did.? Mitaka nodded, darkly. ?Yes, they?ll have to be detonated manually.?

---- a little later ----

?This is it!? Renko shouted. ?T minus 5?4??

?You?re not going to leave me hanging for too long, right?? Jeremy asked Yukari.

?I wouldn?t want to see my battery fried.? Yukari said, trying her best to look as calm and confident as ever.

?That?s reassuring.? Jeremy smiled bitterly.

??2?1?? Renko continued. ?NOW!?

?Here goes nothing?.? Jeremy took a deep breath as Eirin flipped the switch on the generator and leapt for cover.

It was difficult to describe what happened next. The best way to explain it would be to say that the air around them, darkness and all, melted, before flowing in towards them?or rather, towards the generator, slow at first, before quickly picking up speed until it was nauseating rush. Everything began to spin around the generator, centering on it, as if someone had opened the drain pipe to reality inside it. Dark tendrils of energy burst and crackled all around them, eliciting shrieks and cries of panic from the entire team. Everyone felt it. The threat of damage from high concentrations of dark mana was real. It burned from the inside out, gnawing and wretching like something alive.

?Jeremy!? Renko shouted, gritting her teeth from the gnawing feeling inside her. ?It?s now or never!?

??.? Jeremy shielded his eyes from the overwhelming rush of energy. He felt as if all the courage and determination he had built up till this moment had suddenly been sucked out by the infernal machine. It commanded his fear. Death wasn?t the issue. The machine seemed to promise a fate worse than death?

?Jeremy!? Yukari grasped his hand. ?I?m with you?we all are!?

??? Jeremy screwed up his eyes, grasped Yukari?s hand as tightly as he could, and reached out for the generator.

His body jerked into a painful-looking spasm as he grasped the infernal machine. His entire body was thrown backwards, as if some invisible force had punched him in the chest. But he persevered, not letting go, despite it seeming as if every fiber in his body was burning with the fires of hell itself. He gritted his teeth and screamed one long blood-curdling scream at the top of his lungs, "FOR GENSOKYOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Augh!" Yukari gasped, clutching her heart, while holding onto the tank for support. She raised a shaking hand into the air and waved it through a complex set of patterns. Everyone onboard the tank shown for a brief moment. The dark mana shook around them and ripelled ominously in the air, as if repulsed by some invisible force.

?Jan!? Patchouli shouted.

?Right!? Jan shouted back. Jeremy?s reaction had been unnerving. Was it that much? He had prepared himself for the worst but the reality of it was overwhelming. But?Jeremy has already demonstrated his courage. He wouldn?t dare do any less. He gulped, took a deep breath, and reached out.

He staggered violently, his body convulsing like an earthquake. But he shook his head and held on tight. "Pa-Patchouli!" he shouted, gritting his teeth. "PATCHOULI!" He roared.

?AUGH?!? Patchouli gasped, falling forwards onto her hands. It took every fiber in her being to stop from throwing up. She wouldn?t be able to execute her incantations with her mouth full after all. She steadied herself and immediately began chanting under her breath, her voice catching every few moments as another spark of pain coursed through her. But she bit back every bit of pain and soldiered on, for Jan and Jeremy?s sake.

A magic circle quickly formed in the air in front of her. It was a dark, sickly black, with tendrils of red, but it carried the punch she?d need.

Multiple dark reddish black rays burst out of her magic circle and coursed forwards before the tank, spiraling around each other towards the masses of napalm, anti-mana gas, and advancing RAI Force soldiers.

?What on earth??? Shinjiro began as something huge loomed up from the shadows beyond, driving the gas and napalm before it. And then the napalm and gas parted like the red sea, as if making way for the huge writhing black spell arching through the hall.

?ARGH!? Suddenly, the soldiers next to him disappeared, blasted backwards by tendrils of the spell.

?Yuugi! Tewi!? Shinjiro roared as he started forming magical seals with his hands. ?On me!?

?Yes, sir!? The two obediently hopped behind him in time for him to protect them with a powerful and surprisingly fast shield spell. He gritted his teeth as the dark spell collided with his reactive shield, exploding over it with the force of a tsunami. His entire body was pressed backwards from the sheer shock of the collision. He barely avoided getting thrown backwards completely by virtue of Yuugi?s support from behind.

Shinjiro?s eyes widened perceptibly as what was presumably the source of the spell burst out of the residual flames just as the gas cleared.

The tank roared with all its proud might towards him, tracks flaring, headlights burning, mana generator overloading, occupants screaming for blood?or dear life, whichever came first.

?Yuugi! Get us out of here!? Shinjiro roared.

?Right on!? Yuugi shouted, holding Shinjiro by his waist and tugging Tewi by her ears before leaping, with one almighty leap, out through the entry hole in the side of the ship and out onto the waiting transport airship hovering outside.

They landed and rolled across the transport?s cargo bay before ending up in a rather tangled mess at the opposite end of the flying craft. ?Yuugi, I would praise you for your high speed reaction to my orders, but first I?d like you to get your breasts out of my face.? Shinjiro?s muffled voice came out. ?And you, you little rodent, try that and you?re in my stew for tonight.? He added, causing Tewi to leap back in fright from where she had tried to steal something from Shinjiro?s pants.

?All forces, pull out. We?re pulling out before the dark storm makes it impossible to.? Yagi?s voice came over the radio.

?Affirmative. All teams pull out. We have a negative on targets. I repeat, a negative on targets.? Marx?s voice came over the radio.

?Ugh?damn it?? Shinjiro muttered as he shoved Yuugi off him. ?What sort of madmen would drive a tank inside a battlecruiser??

?The sort who?d do that?? Tewi asked, pointing out one last tendril of the spell that was now arching towards the transport airship?.

KABOOM?

?And I thought you were a lucky charm.? Shinjiro groaned as the airship began to spin out of control as warning sirens filled the room.

?You?re still alive, aren?t you?? Tewi said.

?Hah!? Shinjiro spat, before the ship crashed into Lake Suwa. 

Back to the tank?

Sparks burst out of the tank?s tracks as it landed violently on corridor A-1, the final stretch before the bridge, after flying off a set of ramps.

?Fua?ha?hack?augh?? Patchouli was writhing in pain, clutching her chest. Her breath came in shallow, painful gasps as she curled up into small ball for comfort.

?Patchouli!? Marisa gritted her teeth as she held onto her friend to steady her. ?Hang in theres!?

?Marisa! Focus! It?s our turn next!? Reimu shouted, leaping sideways over the turret and landing right behind Marisa. ?Head straight, eyes forwards, that?s what you always say, right?!?

??.uhh?? Marisa shook herself. ?Yeah, Reimus, sorries?? She nodded. ?Umm?can you?? She gulped, before shaking her head. ?Uhh?never minds??

Reimu positioned herself behind her and wrapped her arms around her friend.

?Reimus!? Marisa gasped. ?I didn?t mean?no, you might gets contaminateds!?

?Shush. Be quiet and concentrate.? Reimu said, grasping Marisa?s arms. ?I?ll help you aim. Just focus on staying alive.?

?Jan! Jan!? Renko gasped, holding a shaking Jan steady.

?Koakuma!? Eirin was doing her best to support a pain-ridden Koakuma.

?I?m ok?? Koakuma muttered through gritted teeth. ?I need?to get?to my mistress?? She breathed.

?Stay put.? Eirin said. ?Patchouli?s fine, she?s just?recovering?? She said, rather optimistically.

?Oy, Jeremy, stay with me!? McWallace barked into Jeremy?s face. Jeremy was convulsing weakly, his expression blank, his eyes locked wide in abject terror. Veins of darkness branched across his skin, glowing ominously under his clothes, stretching, writhing, and focusing around the drill hanging around his neck. ?Stay awake! Don?t give in!?

?Yukari, you should rest for a while! We can turn off the generator for a minute.? Sanasan suggested, trying his best to hold the proud youkai up.

?No-keep-it-on!? Yukari hissed through her teeth, shaking Sanasan off. ?Mitaka!? She lashed out and grabbed Mitaka by his collar before dragging him close. ?I?m-going?? She bit back a yelp of pain. ??.to increase?the barrier output?for you?so don?t?DIE!? She breathed.

?Yukari! You and Jeremy might?.? Mitaka began.

?For?Reimu!? Yukari was gasping as if running out of breath. ?For?Gensokyo!? She wheezed, falling over onto her hands. Mitaka made to grab her, but Yukari pushed him aside roughly and gestured wildly at the generator.

Mitaka edged towards the generator. It was like walking towards the gallows?only there might be more than death at the end of it. Fear welled up from every corner of his being.

He curse himself for even contemplating fear. Too much depended on this for him to get cold feet now. There was more at stake here. His life was no longer his own. He will fight, and he will survive. He couldn?t afford not to.

?We?re with you!? Sanasan and Renko shouted, grasping Mitaka?s shoulders. They, Eirin, Rika, and McWallace had promised to supply some neutral mana in attempt to buffer the shock. How effective it?d be, or whether or not it?d even work, they didn?t know?but Mitaka nodded gratefully at them, words having failed him.

?Marisa! GO!? Mitaka shouted. How he wished he could think up better-sounding last words?but oh well. He reached out and grasped the generator as tightly as he could.

(OOC ? use this song for contrast - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBHyP990djE&feature=related )

It lasted a million years.

Maybe more.

It felt as if all eternity, the entire infinite darkness of space coursed through him in a single instant. To say every sense in him was burning would be an understatement. It felt like his very soul was being torn and pulled through funnels the size of singularity?in a million different directions.

So this is what Jeremy and Jan went through?

?wow, they?ve got to be superhuman, because he had every mind to just die right there and then.

Screams echoed in his head. His heart was torn a thousand different ways by all the anger, hatred, regret that swelled up in it?they weren?t his?they belonged to all the dark, sad memories of those left behind?

Tears ran down his eyes. He whispered ?sorry? over and over into his mind, hoping he could quell their anger, their thirst for vengeance. But they tore at him, like vultures on an exposed bit of rotting flesh.

And yet he managed to retain some semblance of consciousness. Perhaps he was dreaming, perhaps he wasn?t. He didn?t know. His vision swam violently. Everything was muted, as if he had been submerged in a vat of cold ice water. Everything outside was brighter. It looked like the dark storm had subsided?.or had it all been sucked inside the generator? And into him??

He saw the tank burst through the bridge. Sparks burst out as the tank scraped the sides of the door. He vaguely saw the tank crash into those two monsters Lily White had mentioned, some reaper and?Cirno? Or a darkened version of Cirno? He couldn?t decide. It was too murky to see.

He could just barely spy out Ria and some person beside her as they leapt out from the way of the tank?were they fighting those monsters? And out of the corner of his eyes he saw Sho, Alex, Gpop, and Amarillo?s teams. Alex and Gpop?s team seemed to be defending the others while Sho and Amarillo were bent over a set of control panels.

The next thing he knew the tank had bounced across the lower tier of the bridge, shedding more sparks. Everything shook violently, though all he could do was shake limply, not having any strength to even secure himself. Sanasan was doing that for him, apparently. He was shouting something to him while holding him steady against the generator. Too bad he couldn?t hear him, he thought, as he looked up at Sanasan?s concerned face blearily.

He gazed up front at the others. Suika and Ruukoto had taken up positions underneath each of Marisa?s arms, holding her ourstretched arms steady. Reimu and Alice were sitting behind Marisa, trying to hold onto her from behind, stabilizing her aim while supporting her and shouting at her to stay conscious. Marisa on the other hand seemed to be fighting a losing battle to stay conscious?or alive, for that matter, as the dark energy swarmed through her arms and into the hakkero she was barely gripping with her shaking fingers.

Renko shouted something about the brakes. ThirtyFour shouted back, rather muffled, that the darkness had eaten away the brakes or something.

The next thing he knew, they were sailing through a hailstorm of shattered glass. They had broken through the front of the bridge and now they were in open daylight, sailing over the front deck of the Sky-Ray, with the reaper and the ⑨ pinned to the front of the tank.

They landed on the front deck with a deafening crash that shook every bone in their bodies. More sparks exploded from the abused tracks. But the Challenger II held up well. It roared on, as if fueled by sheer inertia. It thundered on over the central deck and the many turrets of the Sky-Ray. All eyes were glued to it. Every sailor onboard the opposing 3 ships gaped at the tank as it rolled on at almost 80 mph across the Sky-Ray before finally nearing the front main guns?.

?.and sailing up into the air off the front cannons as if flying off a ramp. Mitaka could barely hear ThirtyFour whoop and McWallace roar with excitement as they sailed up?and up?over open water?.

?towards the Dominion?s command bridge?

?towards a very surprised looking General Tao Qwai?

?McWallace took this opportunity to give him a big, big finger?

The reaper and ⑨ separated and flew off ahead of the tank?before crashing into an invisible obstacle?a force field. Sparks and electrical outbursts showered the air around them as the forcefield reacted to the insult.

Sanasan shouted something that sounded like ?Now?. And then it happened.

?DARK SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!? Marisa?s voice boomed across Lake Suwa, deafening, confident, without a single hint of the pain she was enduring.

A huge shock shook the entire tank from tracks to turret. Reimu and Alice were thrown backwards into the turret, but they grunted and held onto Marisa. Ruukoto and Suika winced but held on tight to keep the shot steady.

It was simply the most awe-inspiring, yet deathly frightening thing Mitaka had ever seen.

The Dark Spark spread out of the infinitesimally small mini-hakkero and arched out, almost as big as the entire Sky-Ray itself, at the Dominion?s Command Bridge, right at where the reaper and the ⑨ were trapped against its forcefield. It was a ray of pure jet black, with small red tendrils of energy discharges crackling along its entire length. It seemed to suck in all the daylight around it. It felt as if the sky had grown a few candela darker. The vibrant colours of the lake around them seemed to dull.

The beam pinned the reaper and ⑨ against the force field, until finally the shield behind them gave away and shattered in a myriad of energy shards. The beam burst through the reaper and ⑨, broke them both, before making contact with the command bridge. It splashed around the bridge, stormed against it, like a tsunami, shaking the entire impregnable Super Mobile-Fortress Dominion to its core.

The attack ceased. General Tao Qwai still stood behind his intact bridge, seemingly a little shaken, but somewhat smug that his bridge had survived with nothing more than a huge dent with stress and shatter marks.

ThirtyFour roared something. It sounded like ?NOT DONE YET!?. The tank sailed on towards the bridge. With a deafening bang the main guns discharged their contents at the weakened bridge?.and it conquered the once impregnable bridge. The fortifications shattered under the abuse and gave way. General Tao Qwai scrambled to get out of the way as the tank landed with a godawful crash on the bridge?s floor.

McWallace shouted something, probably something rude, at the General. Sanasan wrenched Mitaka?s grasp from the generator and slapped him, telling him to wake up.

The tracks rolled on, carrying the tank onwards with the force of its momentum. It rumbled through the Dominion?s once-proud command bridge, broke out through a rear window, and sailed out into open air once more over a rear deck.

(OOC: Somewhat unfitting, I know, but I was listening to these while writing this ? Touhou Orchestral arranges by WAVE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnxkLiSFgKc , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSljn9d9lkM&feature=related , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6lzg1sYZq4

Sound gradually came back to Mitaka?s ears. He could clearly hear Tao Qwai?s voice scream, ?ALL SHIPS, OPEN FIRE! DOWN THAT TANK! NOW!?

?But sir, we?ll risk firing at our own ships and men!? An ensign protested.

?I DON?T CARE! OPEN FIRE! AND FIRE ON THAT MISERABLE LITTLE SHIP!? Tao Qwai screamed while pointing at the Sky-Ray.

Jan seemed to be chuckling while biting back pain. ?Heh?we really ticked him off, huh??

?ThirtyFour! We have to get back to the Sky-Ray somehow!? Sanasan shouted over the sound of rapid gun fire.

?Leave that to me!? ThirtyFour shouted back.

Meanwhile, back at the bridge?

A violent shock ran through the entire ship, accompanied by a deep, ominous rumble. The very metal frame of the ship creaked painfully under the increased stress. Almost instantly the ship began to slowly tilt forwards.

?They did it! They detonated the warheads in the lower bays!? Sho shouted.

?I hope they get out ok?? Yuyuko murmured.

?Don?t worry. These aren?t people who?d die that easily.? Sho said. ?They?re a bit like cockroaches, resilient and stubborn.?

?Close the bridge?s security hatch!? Ria wheezed, gathering her breath. ?We can?t submerge with a gaping hole in the bridge like this!?

?Wait!? Amarillo cried. ?We have to wait for the tank team!?

?No, we can?t!? Ria shouted, as the booms of the main guns of the three battlecruisers outside filled the air. ?They?re opening fire on us! We have to shut the bridge!?

?NO!? Gpop and Koishi shouted, barring Ria?s way.

?We?ll wait under a storm of fire if we have to!? Alex said, stepping threateningly in front of Ria. ?No force on earth will make us abandon our comrades!?

?Foolish ideals!? Ria snapped, but turned away. ?Not like I have the mana to operate the machinery.? She muttered as the first wave of enemy fire came towards them. ?I hope your resilience matches your stubbornness. Take cover.? And she ducked behind a console as machine gun fire and shells rained hell down on the sinking Sky-Ray.

?Awawawaa!? Yuyuko gasped, losing balance as the ship tilted more and more as it began its descent.

Back to the tank?

?Who?s the demonic driver driving that thing?!? one of the gunnery crew shouted. ?No tank should be able to move that way!?

?No tank should be able to move that fast either! That thing?s a monster!? Another gunnery crewman shouted.

?Mitaka!? Reimu gritted her teeth while hugging her own arms in pain. ?We need?to set up a protective border?? She breathed through gritted teeth as the tank swerved dangerously around random shell fire. Explosions lit up the Dominion?s deck as other turrets and installations atop the deck erupted in flames under the friendly fire. The ship was essentially firing on itself in its barrage on the diabolical tank.

?You can?t! You?ll all die!? Sanasan shouted, barring her way to the mana generator.

?We?ll all die anyway!? Reimu snapped. ?Mitaka, trust me?.I?ll get us through this??

?They?ve got tanks chasing us!? Rika shouted as new tanks rolled onto the deck from hangar elevators.

?Jalal!? Eirin said. ?I suppose it?s our turn.?

?With pleasure.? McWallace laughed heartily as he grasped the mana generator.

?Ugh!? Eirin winced, staggering, but still managing to keep herself upright. ?Well?take this!? She drew her bow and let fly a barrage of arrows at the incoming tanks. They exploded on impact, blowing the tanks far backwards, bouncing across the deck as if they had been bashed by the hammer of the gods themselves, against all laws of probable physics. ?Enough, Jalal!? She wheezed, dropping onto her knees.

?Phew?.? McWallace gasped heavily, panting for air, waving his fingers as if he had been burned. ??and you people managed to hold onto this thing for THAT long?!?

?INCOMING!? Rika shouted as another barrage came, this time from the neighbouring battlecruiser, the Dauntless. This one was so tightly spaced that no miracle from ThirtyFour would get them out of this.

?Reimu, go!? Mitaka shouted, grasping the mana generator.

?Mitaka, NO!? Eirin and Sanasan cried.

But their cries of protest was muted once more as the screams came back with a passion. Everything outside was muted to a dull roar.

Reimu bit back a scream in front of him before quickly performing a series of hand gestures to prepare the border.

It worked. The shells exploded harmlessly a few meters above them against an ornate shield bearing many Kanji and magical sygils. The tank shook violently under the shock. But they survived.

They had made a full tour of the Dominion?s upper deck and were now roaring back towards the now sinking Sky-Ray.

They picked up speed. This must be the fastest any tank has ever gone in the history of fast tanks.

And then they flew once more, sailing off a convenient artillery gun-turned-ramp, back towards the ship. A salvo of missiles followed closely behind but Renko?s was too fast for them. She emptied Rika?s toolbox into their path, causing them all to explode harmlessly far behind them.

Mitaka saw the sun shine brightly in front of him as they sailed up towards it?he smiled a silly, lopsided little smile?and then his vision failed. He blacked out.

The shock of their landing brought him back to his senses. He couldn?t see anything, however. He heard many voices around him. His ears were working again. That meant someone had pried his hands off the mana generator again. From the sound of the conversation around him, Jeremy?s hands had also been pried off the generator too. ?Get Yukari down, now! She needs emergency treatment!? Eirin?s commanding voice boomed.

?Bring her here!? Amarillo?s voice came. ?I?ll help treat her!?

?What about Mitaka!? Renko?s voice came from close by. ?He?s??

?I-I?m fine?? Mitaka choked. He tried to wave his hand to tell them not to worry?but it felt as if he couldn?t find them. ??the girls?help the girls??

?If you say so.? Eirin said. ?Get Yukari and Patchouli down, ASAP! And then get the others. I?ll look at?.oh god?Jeremy? Marisa...this isn?t?.Marisa?Reimu?.I NEED HELP! NO, DON?T MOVE THEM! DON?T TOUCH THEM!?

?What?! What happened?!? Mitaka wheezed. ?I can?t see?.but?what?s wrong with Jeremy, Marisa, and Reimu?!?

?Shush, don?t worry, you?ll be fine.? Renko said. ?Get her legs, I?ll get her arms.?

?Seal the bridge, now!? Ria?s voice barked.

?Sealing it now!? Sho shouted.

?Mana delivery isn?t easy, you know!? Gpop shouted. ?Ugh?speed it up!?

?Please! What happened to the others?!? Mitaka demanded, choking on something that didn?t taste pleasant at all.

?They?re fine. Focus on resting.? Eirin said, sternly. ?And don?t move.?

?But?? Mitaka tried moving?and the pain returned, burning every ounce of his flesh. ?AUGH!?

?The bridge is sealed!? Satori reported.

?Hull integrity at 55%!? Rika reported from nearby. ?Will it hold?! With all the water pressure too?!?

?She will hold!? Ria barked. ?Don?t underestimate my Sky-Ray!?

?We are 100% submerged.? Rika reported. ?Pressure stress on the hull is mounting.?

?Do we have word from the warhead detonation teams?!? Sho demanded.

?We haven?t heard from Koji, Hiroko, Owlbear, or Zei.? Lily said. ?Hirowaza and Taihou just reported though. They said it?d be their last transmission??

KABOOM?

The ship shook once more as a dull explosion shook the entire ship from helm to bow. The metal creaked ever more ominously under the building water pressure.

?That was the sound of our death.? Sho said. ?Taihou and Hirowaza have succeeded. They?ve covered our escape.?

?Confirmed.? ThirtyFour said. ?I?m listening in on their radio transmissions. They think that explosion was our ship going belly-side-up.?

There wasn?t a cheer of celebration. There was no roar of applause. Just a terrible sinking feeling, excuse the pun.

The 6 people who had gone down to the lower decks to detonate the warheads were still silent.

And half the tank crew were so seriously injured with utterly inhumane injuries that the cost of their escape seemed all too high to warrant any celebration.

Plus, what now? How were they going to steer the ship?

??.the?drill?? A weak voice wheezed. ??use?my?drill?? A shaking hand rose up, holding a drill on a chain.

?Jeremy! Don?t move!? Eirin commanded.

?Carry me?? Jeremy breathed. ?Bring me?to a?console? He gasped. ?Just?do it!?

?Got it man.? Alex said, grabbing Jeremy under one shoulder while Sho grabbed him under the other.

?DON?T MOVE HIM!? Eirin roared in fury.

?There are times when a man must do what a man must do.? Alex said solemnly. ?This is one of those times. Don?t? get in the way of a man?s path.? And together they carried Jeremy to the central console.

With shaking fingers Jeremy tapped the drill weakly on the console. ?I?need?strength?? He wheezed. ?Help me!?

?Right.? Sho and Alex grasped his hand and brought it down hard on the console, impaling the drill through the electronic deck.

A Spiral energy meter appeared on every screen. Everyone gasped with anticipation?but the hope quickly dwindled into despair as the spiral meter feebly sputtered at near-zero before giving out.

?Ugh?? Jeremy muttered. ?Was worth?.a try??

?You did good, man.? Alex said. ?You did good.?

?Bzzt?language check confirmation. Now reprogramming language?complete. Covenant Signature Confirmed. DNA and MANA pattern recognition analysis complete. 99.9% covenant match. Human ? Approved. Youkai ? approved. Yousei ? approved. Tengu ? Approved. Kappa ? approved. Phantom ? approved. Sorcerer ? approved. Beast ? approved. Vampire ? approved. Ghost ? approved. Oni ? approved. The Divine ? approved. Shinigami ? N/A. Yama ? N/A. Celestial ? N/A. Dragon ? N/A. 12 out of 16 covenant elements approved. Activating higher covenant control.? A cool mechanical voice echoed throughout the ship.

?Covenant?? Sho asked.

?I thought it was just a fairytale?? Yuyuko murmured.

The ship shook. A high-pitched hum and whine filled the room. The spiral meters came back, but this time they ripped right up to maximum, before fading away into the covenant symbol Jeremy had seen earlier on the generator, a circle with graphical depictions of the 16 races on the rim.

?Look!? Rika gasped, pointing.

The entire bridge was reshaping itself. The entire corridor behind the bridge was similarly reshaping itself. The floor they were standing on split in two as the entire bridge expanded around them. A new floor came up from below to fill the gap with the circular covenant symbol engraved into it?and on it was?

?Taihou! Sakuya! Keine! Mokou! Hirowaza! Meira!? Yuyuko cried.

?Owlbear! Luize! Yuki! Mai! Shinki! Yumeko!? Koishi and Sanae shouted in excitement.

?Kojiro! Remilia! Minoriko! Zei! Flandre! Reisen! Mystia!? Gpop gasped with relief.

?Hiroko, Parsee, Iku?? Sumire sighed with relief.

?Ugh?? Kojiro coughed up water.  ?I?m?never leaving land?ever again??

This time, there were roars and cheers of celebration and excitement.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 11:05:49 AM by Mind-The-Gap »

« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2009, 12:00:18 AM »
Austin's Dream(?) Shattered Memories

Austin: So, how did end up in my dream, anyways.

Akyu: Eh? This is your dream?

Austin: Yeah. Not sure why this place though...

Akyu: actually, this place isn't a dream to me. I was thrown here when the border collapsed.

Austin: Huh?

Akyu: I suppose, you could call it the final resting place for the fallen sanctuaries. Look, Shangri La.

Austin: Huh.

Akyu: So, why did you bind with me? You're already bonded with Momizi and Nitori.

Austin: Eh? You can tell?

Akyu: I can feel their presence through the bonds.

Austin: Oh.

Akyu: maybe you can help restore the sanctuaries.

Austin: Beside's Gensokyo?

Akyu: perhaps. In any case, It would be nice to get back to the re*gasp* you're bleeding!

Austin: Huh? Oh, yeah. Got stabbed by ice.

Akyu: Dont be so casual about it! You can't come back if you die!

Austin: Sorry.

Akyu: Hmm? Look's like you're needed in the real world. I guess I'll see you la-

Austin: Wait, what do you mean by "restore the sanctuaries"?

Akyu: I'll explain the next time you come.

Dai-Ray ( to be put)

Nitori: We did it!!!

Caboose: Hooray!!!

Frank: Not so loud, Austin's sleeping.

Austin: *yawn* not anymore. What's with the noise?

Momizi: We made it out alive!

Caboose: huh? What's with your eye?

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #233 on: May 08, 2009, 12:56:59 AM »
((I'll recap my fight with Not!Gergoth later, for now I'll focus on the present))

"Huh, what...what happened." Owlbear questioned seeing the entire layout of the ship they were on had changed. "Looks like this place's been pimped out-"

?Owlbear! Luize! Yuki! Mai! Shinki! Yumeko!? Koishi and Sanae shouted in excitement, and not just for them, but for the others who arrived in here too.

"Gah!" Owlbear jumped at the excited voices of Sanae and Koishi. "What? Why's everyone so excited?..."

"Because we're alive, Owlbear." Shinki spoke smiling softly to him as she took his hand within her own. "We're alive...and that's what matters most."

"Y-yeah, you're right..." Owlbear replied a light blush tinging his cheeks. "But...what about Yuki..." He turned around to see Luize still holding on to Yuki who looked to be unconcious at the moment.*

"She's still breathing, but I don't know when she'll wake up..." Luize reported in a soft tone as if not to wake her.

"That's okay, so long as she's alive." Mai commented as she stuck close to her sisters side. Although, something about her seemed a bit different now, was it because she was a bit more talkative or...something else?

But, for now, there seemed to be something going, after all a ship just doesn't reconstruct itself for no damn reason. "So..." Owlbear began. "What's going on?...What we miss?"

*Will be explained in the recap I'll post later.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:58:49 AM by Demonlord OwlBear »

mad

« Reply #234 on: May 08, 2009, 01:24:29 AM »
At the instant that MTG's post ends.

McWallace hung a disco ball for the celebrations.

"Come on! Let's see that Saturday Night Fever!" he called to Iku, who gladly obliged.

And there was cake, and it most definitely was not a lie...well...It was partaken of by those who trusted a cake the Eirin made in five seconds...It didn't kill anyone at any rate. "You're walking on dangerous ground now..." I had some. It was delicious, and those watching the cake wondered how a slice of cake simply vanished.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
« Reply #235 on: May 08, 2009, 01:54:34 AM »
((OOC: No time stamps. Dunno what time we're at. Possibly still in Day 3.)
Sky Ray, Underwater Bridge, Day 3
Zei looked across the field, seeing everyone that made it.

Zei: Holy..shit...it actually worked?!

Koji: Had no idea that did.. o_o

Flan: O_O''''....

Zei & Minoriko: Hmm..?

Flan: I realized something...

Minoriko: What is it?

Flan: Where's the others? Reisen, Shizuha, Mystia...

Zei: They made it..don't worry.

Koji: *Looks over at her* Yeah, don't worry. They'll be ok. ._.'

Zei: So..if everything worked, did the dark storm go away FOR good or is some other kind of shit's gonna happen? Cause everytime shit hits the fan, someone's gonna die. ._.

Flan: ...So when shit hits the fan, a nameless fairy die-- *mouth covered by yours truly*

Zei & Remilia: ?!

Koji: Dood, you didn't..

Zei: I didn't. Disco ball's fault. *Pointing to it*

Minoriko: I-i can explain..

Zei: Just find your sis, we'll talk about this later..

He let go of Flan and she went ahead to talk with Koji's team.

Zei: AND DON'T CUSS.

Flan: But..

Zei: What?

Flan: You taught me how. ._.

Koji, Minoriko, & Remilia: HE TAUGHT YOU WHAT NOW?! *They all shot a glance at Zei*

Zei: NOTHING! ENJOY THE CELEBRATION. ^_^'

Flandre silently giggled and went back to him.

Zei: ...just go on. I'll catch up.

Remilia aimed towards Flandre and tackled them both, taking Flan away from him.

Zei: THE HELL?! *Looking at left arm, bleeding*

Koji: ... ._.

Zei: Best you calm her down..

Koji: ._. Ahahaha, that's what you deserve..

He walked off to meet with everyone else, Zei walked off after him, hiding the bleeding arm.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:42:00 AM by ZeiAkabane »

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2009, 01:13:07 PM »
Corridor, Evolved Covenant Sky-Ray, 11.10 Day 3

"Careful! Careful!" A voice cried above him as he slowly came to once more. He was vaguely aware that he was lying on something soft. There was a clatter of wheels under him. Eh? A trolley? Isn't getting wheeled on a trolley something that happens to other people? You know...ill or injured people...?

Wait...this means he was injured?

Oh yes....that's right....

Though the exact extent of his injury was unknown to him. All he knows was that he couldn't see crap.

"Put him between Jeremy and Reimu's beds. I'll see to him when I finish with Jeremy. Amarillo! Stabilize Mitaka's condition." Eirin's voice filled his ears. "Sakuya, Yumeko, sorry for getting you both to help like this..."

"Don't worry." Sakuya said. "This is more important."

"Indeed." Yumeko echoed. "All the equipment onboard have somehow upgraded themselves. We shouldn't have too much of a problem keeping them alive at the very least."

A mask was placed over Mitaka's mouth. "Hang in there, Mitaka..." Amarillo's voice echoed, before slowly drifting away.  His consciousness slowly dissipated...and he fell back into dreary darkness...

Subteranean Lake, Underneath the Shrine, 11.50 Day 3

Voices slowly filled his mind once more like water trickling into oblivion as he slowly regained consciousness. "Wow...there's an entire subteranean lake underneath the shrine." He heard a voice say. Was it Gpop?

"How convenient. I suppose we can hide the Dai-Ray there for now." He heard Sho say. "Now we just need to see if this connects up to the tunnels under the shrine Amarillo mentioned earlier."

"Alex and Owlbear's teams have gone on ahead to inspect a tunnel we found." Hiroko said. "There was this huge metal door at the end of the cave...it had that strange symbol...that covenant thing."

"That symbol's appearing everywhere..." Sho mused.

"Yukari would have loved to see it herself." Yuyuko said sadly.

"Nothing for it." Sho sighed. "We can return here later, perhaps."

"Is it safe to move the injured?" Taihou asked.

"We had to." Eirin's voice came. "The ship's power shut down abruptly the moment we surfaced. I think it couldn't run for long without its mana generator."

"Couldn't you repair it?" Sakuya asked.

"It's FUBAR." Rika's voice sighed. "It's so trashed by ThirtyFour's driving that we might as well put it to the sledgehammer and use it as scrap."

"Hey, you know it was the dark mana!" ThirtyFour muttered.

"I just explored the cave." Gpop said, announcing his return with his team. "...I don't think this is a cave perse..."

"What do you mean?" Hiroko asked.

"He means this is more a man-made structure than anything." Sumire said. "It's too well-organized to be the work of nature. The walls and ceiling are all...polished metal plates..."

"Really?" Sho asked, surprised.

"You have to get real close to notice though." Gpop added. "It's a strange material, not exactly metal. I gave it a knock and it felt more like stone."

"But it has the texture of metal." Sumire added.

"Yeah, we need to come back with proper heavy-duty flashlights to inspect the place. It's too dark for our pocket flashlights." Sanasan's voice came.

"Guys!" Owlbear's excited voice came over. "I think you have to see this."

"You found a way out?" Sho asked, hopefully.

"...yes, but there's more." Owlbear said. "Just...come and see..."

Grand Keystone and Mana Generator Chamber(?), Mysterious Ruins underneath the shrine, Underneath the Shrine, 11.50 Day 3

"Whoah! The ceiling is so high, I'm getting dizzy..." Flandre cooed. "It's higher than the SDM's!"

"That weird symbol was on that door as well." Taihou said. "And it's engraved onto the floor here too."

"Hmm...It's the symbol of the covenant." Keine said. "There is this children's folktale of a great unified nation of humans and non-humans alike, bound together to live in peace and harmony under the 'Covenant', a promise to cooperate together as one unified force. The fairytales always begin with the words 'Many thousands of years ago...' so we believe they may have existed way before the age of the Lunarians."

"Uhuh..." Mokou nodded. "So if it's just a children's bedtime story, how come they're popping up all over the place?"

"The ship sort of homed in on this place." Keine reasoned. "It must be because they are connected."

"And why is it right underneath our shrine? Isn't that too much of a coincidence?" Hiroko asked.

"True, the probability of this is staggeringly implausible." Renko said.

"Not when you consider the mysterious workings of fate." Remilia said. "We were drawn to the shrine, the same way the ship found us."

"What are you saying?" Ria scoffed. "That my ship found you? Nonsense. I decided to..." She began.

"But it isn't your ship, is it?" Remilia asked. "You stole it."

"It's..." Ria bit her lip, knowing that Remilia spoke the truth. "No..." She muttered. "Yes, I stole it..."

"I wish there was more light." Luize said. "I'd like to see this room in its entirety..."

"Let's try and inspect that thing in the center, at least." Gpop said. "That might be our keystone."

They trooped across the darkened room, atop what looked like a gigantic bridge. What lay below the bridge they didn't know. The bridge led to a platform in the middle of the gigantic hall which surrounded a humongous pillar that towered up into the darkness of the ceiling and plunged down into the abyss below.

On it was that same symbol.

And hovering quietly in the middle of the pillar, in a hollow recess, was a...

"....a mana generator?" Kojiro asked. "It looks like the one on the Sky-Ray."

"Only this one's at least 10 times as big..." Renko said, grimly. "I doubt that'd fit on a tank."

"It has the same symbol too." Remilia said.

"And that must be the keystone at the top." Satori said, pointing up at an octahedral stone pinned between the ceiling and the pillar's top, bounded around by holy ropes and plastered with many paper talismans.

"...Wow...Tenshi's been busy..." Iku muttered.

?Bzzt?language check confirmation. Now reprogramming language?complete. Covenant Signature Confirmed. DNA and MANA pattern recognition analysis complete. 99.9% covenant match. Human ? Approved. Youkai ? approved. Yousei ? approved. Tengu ? Approved. Kappa ? approved. Phantom ? approved. Sorcerer ? approved. Beast ? approved. Vampire ? approved. Ghost ? approved. Oni ? approved. The Divine ? approved. Demons - approved. Lunarians - approved. Shinigami ? N/A. Yama ? N/A. Celestial ? N/A. Dragon ? N/A. 14 out of 18 covenant elements approved. Activating higher covenant control.? A cool mechanical voice boomed across the hall.

A high-pitched whine wound up as the mana generator above them began to glow a brilliant bluish white with pure neutral mana. Ornate patterns shot up and down the great pillar, glowing brilliantly, as the ancient mana circuits reactivated for the first time in centuries, maybe even millenias.

The entire room lit up as the mana circuits spread out across the floor and ceiling, filling the room with a bright ethereal glow.

Whoomph...Whoomph...Whoomph...Heavy sounds echoed as heavy duty lights came on, flooding the room with warm yellowish white light, dissipating the glow from the mana circuits. The light warmed up the walls and ceiling, revealing them to be the hue of warm marble, ornately engraved. The ceiling was vaulted and domed like a grand cathedral.

"Whoah...!" Hirowaza gasped.

"This is..." McWallace began.

And the lights shut off as the mana generators wound down again....

"...awesome..." He finished a little lamely. "...uhh...who turned out the lights?"

"Looks like there wasn't enough ambient mana to support the generator." Rika said, dissapointed. The generator continued humming, but only feebly. The mana circuits all around the room continued to glow dully, allowing them enough light to see.

"At least we know the keystone's functioning." Sho said, pointing up a the barely irridiscent keystone that was showing some signs of activity. "Let's move on. We need to get the injured to the surface."

Grand Libary(?), Mysterious Ruins underneath the shrine, Underneath the Shrine, 11.50 Day 3

"What on earth...?!" Mitaka heard someone gasp. He felt a light breeze. Were they out in the open again? But judging by the smell of the stale air, perhaps not. That meant they were in an underground room gigantic enough to have a breeze...

There was the roar of waterfalls all around them. What was this place?

"It's a...a..." Luize wheezed.

"A library." Yumeko concluded.

"With waterfalls." Shinki added.

"And it's submerged." Amarillo pointed out. The mana circuits had extended all the way into this room as well. They were standing atop a high balcony extending across the walls overlooking the grand room. It was huge. They could probably fit six Sky-Rays in here and there'd still be room for parties and ice scream. Many, many empty bookcases towered up from the mist below, all the way up to the ceiling. The walls were lined with galleries upon galleries of book cases.

The group had left the mana generator room and had traversed a few corridors at random. All of them were vaulted and high, made of the same strange stone-metal material, decorated simply yet regally. They had come across many tall sealed metal doors bearing the same covenant symbol. They had tried to open some but to no avail. Now they had come across an open door and lo and behold what lie behind it.

"I've seen pictures of this place, I think." Remilia said.

"Where?" Keine asked.

"The old schematics for the SDM" Remilia explained. "My ancestors used the pictures as a reference for constructing many parts of the SDM. This looks like the reference picture for the library...only grander."

"What happened to all the books, I wonder?" Koakuma murmured. the lack of books was pulling on her librarian nerves like a vice.

"...I'd like to explore this place more..." Keine said. "There would be many archaeological findings to make...but we must find an exit for now..."

And so they left.

Room 202, Saniwa Hot Spring Inn, 3.20 PM, Day 3

(OOC: Mild coarse joke incoming)

Mitaka's consciousness chose that moment to return.

"....balls will never be the same again..." He heard Eirin's voice say.

"M-my balls?!" Mitaka gasped, reaching for his family jewels and checking for them.

"....not those balls, Mitaka...." Eirin sighed. "Figures, that's the first thing men would worry about. Good to see you're awake though."

"Better I be blunt though." Eirin sighed. "I was saying, your eyeballs will never be the same."

"Phew...that's a relief..." Mitaka sighed.

"....Mitaka, your eyes..." Eirin repeated. "What I mean is, you won't be seeing with them ever again. You're blind."

"Oh..." The gravity of the matter slowly sank in. He considered this for a while. It's not like he's been using his eyes that great anyway....he had often disbelieved them, refused to acknowledge what they told him....

...but still...vision...he'd never be able to see the sky, the sun, the mountains and the trees....or that beautiful lake...or his parents...his friends....

...he'd never be able to see Reimu, Marisa, Alice, Suika, and Ruukoto again...

"Oh..." Another thing occured to him. What about them? "How's Reimu, Marisa, Alice, Suika, and Ruukoto?!" He gasped, sitting up abruptly, before remembering why he was in bed in the first place. "AARRUUGAARRGHSTEASSSRRRR!" He bit his tongue. "Hack...hack..."

"get down!" Eirin breathed, frustrated by her difficult patient. She shoved him back down as gently as she could. "How could you even rise up like that? Your body just took enough damage to kill 10 elephants 100 times over."

"I'm just stubborn like that." Mitaka muttered. "now, how are the others?"

"Reimu's fine. She's just severely exhausted and dehydrated. She suffered some light burns and scratches, but she'll make a full recovery." Eirin said.

...Mitaka felt she was giving the good news first...

"Marisa?" Mitaka pursued.

"She's...." Eirin paused, as if thinking how best to phrase it. "She won't be using her arms for a while." She said, and left it at that. "She's fine though. She'll live." She added, hurriedly. "And the others are fine. They just suffered a bit of the after-shock from sharing some of the dark mana, but otherwise, they're perfectly fit."

"that's good to know." Mitaka sighed.

"You're a weird one. Most people would panic as if they just had their heads chopped off if they found out they lost their eyes." Eirin said, chuckling.

"eh, what can I do about it now?" Mitaka shrugged, before wincing and regretting it. "The damage is done. Anything I can do to fix it?"

"No." Eirin said. "The mana circuits in your eyes burned out. Even if I got a graft or somehow regenerated your eyeballs, they wouldn't function."

"I see." Mitaka sighed. "Jeremy? Yukari? Jan? Patchouli?"

"Jeremy's resting." Eirin said. "He seems to have taken the worst damage, but nothing permanent, fortunately. Yukari paced the mana output well. In your case, the Master Spark was too much of an overload all in one go. Yukari, Jan, and Patchouli are resting. Yukari seems worse off, but she'll make a full recovery. The others are perfectly ok."

"That's a big relief." Mitaka said. "Thanks, Eirin."

"....Mitaka-san!" "Taka!" Ruukoto and Suika cried, falling on him like a ton of bricks...in Ruukoto's case, that was quite literal. Apparently they had kept fought to keep quiet throughout Eirin's explanation. "That was awful! You could have died!" Ruukoto gasped, sobbing into his yukata.

"Augh! Easy!" Mitaka gasped.

"Try not to kill him, you two." Eirin sighed. "But knowing you, you're resilient enough, I suppose."

"Your eyes, Taka, your eyes!" Suika moaned. "What are we going to do?"

"Simple." Mitaka said. "Suika, you're my guide-dog from now on." That earned him a headbutt in the guts. "AAAUGH!"

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2009, 02:10:42 PM »
Subterranean Lake, Underneath the Shrine, 11.53 AM, Day 3

Hirowaza shook his head as he came to his senses. He didn't really remember much about how the warhead detonated, but since everyone was alive, he only surmised that the operation succeeded. He looked at what he was holding to expect to see his switchblade, or at least the katana it had metamorphosed into. Instead... it was a shiny looking staff, with a little star infused at the top. "W... What is this..." Hirowaza stammered as he took a few steps forward. "Bleh, my clothes are all wet!" he said. Hirowaza's clothes were dripping wet, and Meira was somewhere else inspecting the surroundings. She seemed kind of interested but ultimately ended up dismissing it at the last moment. She was thinking about something quietly to herself. Hirowaza sighed and looked around as people were conversing about what had transpired, discussing about the injured, and generally the after-talks that occurred after such an event of this scale. Hirowaza was tired by it all, and especially considering the memory that had rushed into his mind and activated Cacophonous Symphony. Hirowaza knew what it was, and recognized the "symptom" thanks to what she said to him about it two years ago when he found out she had the same abilities as he did, except with the "Cacophonous Symphony." He smiled and thought to himself Well, at least this is all over... Eventually, the room had lit up and everything seemed to change... For a while. The lights dimmed again.

Woah... Well, this is what happens when you lack the MANA... It is to be expected.

MANA... Her MANA was different...

Almost like... The Celestials of yore.

"Library," Mysterious Ruins under the Shrine, Underneath the Shrine, 11.55 AM, Day 3

Hirowaza followed the others to what appeared to be a rather large library, reminiscent of the legendary Great Library of Alexandria, only taken to an extremely grandiose scale. It was astonishing and rather musky at the same time. It seemed to be unused for several centuries, perhaps several millenia. However, none of the shelves actually had a large number of books in them. The books that were already there seemed to be beyond artificial help.

Hirowaza simply sighed as after some time, everyone started to leave to go back to the surface.

This library... I heard her talk about it...

I'm pretty sure it was this one, at least

Room 205, Saniwa Hot Spring Inn, 2.50 PM, Day 3

Hirowaza was shivering in his now dry but still damp clothing, as it stuck to his skin like some sort of slime. Meira looked at him and laughed. "Haha, you look terrible!" she said. "While you decided to take a nap, I went off and got some new clothings for you!" she continued in an exciting tone. Hirowaza wasn't entirely sure whether he was in the mood for it right now.

"What... What do you have?" Hirowaza said, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "Please show me."

Meira nodded profusely and opened the wardrobe revealing many fancy clothing, which astonished Hirowaza.

"...Where... Where the heck did you get these, Meira-san?" he asked, looking clearly bewildered.

"Oh, I got them... from... somewhere, hehe."

"You didn't get any ACTUAL clothes?"

"Hey, it'll be fun! The look on your face back on the ship made me think about that. Plus, you were wearing MY clothing for the entire time!"

"That's different, you switched my clothes with yours! And my entire fresh set is missing!"

"Oh, I gave those away."

"You WHAT?!"

"It's not me, but you really have to do something about it."

"Rrrr," Hirowaza scowled. "Well, I'll wear those til I get PROPER clothing."

"Thatta boy."

Hirowaza grumbled and took a set of clothes that Meira somehow mysteriously acquired. From inside the bathroom, Hirowaza was sobbing to himself, from embarrassment. This isn't the first time he did this, and this certainly won't be his last. Meira from outside the bathroom could hear the sound of garterbelts clicking and the slipping on of gloves, which made her laugh. Teehee, Yoh-kun actually did it. she thought. This will be interesting to see the reactions of... others!! See, Yoh-kun, this is why you don't tell a gal like me such secrets... ufu! Hirowaza had left the bathroom looking a little over-the-top, but it was good enough for Meira, who had a good laugh over it. "Hey, your hair is long. Longer than some of US, even! Ha! Ha!" Meira said, laughing heartily at Hirowaza, who was now blushing profusely.

"H, hey, you seriously expect me to walk around in this?!" Hirowaza protested, unaware that his switchblade was STILL metamorphose into the star-wand that looked like an uncanny magical girl show staff ripoff. "Meira, stop laughing!" he said, his eyes visibly welling up with tears. Well, he was embarrassed. He couldn't help it, especially after his traumatic experience. Meira smiled. "It's okay, Yoh-kun. You'll learn to enjoy it. It's to overcome your fear."

Hirowaza was silent.

My... fear...

...That day... She saved me... and I wasn't able to look at myself the same way again...

People treated me like... an object. So, I resolved to make a name for myself with the exorcism.

Maybe... I should stop being so... So... Willing... To help... All the time.

...Maybe this is it...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:13:36 PM by TranceHime »

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #238 on: May 08, 2009, 05:50:39 PM »
=== Mysterious Ruin - 11:50 AM ~ Day 3 ===

All of this was such a shock, it's size alone was enough to surprise even Shinki who had no idea such an expansive cavern could even exist beneath the shrine. Luize, being the traveler she is, disappeared into the caverns to explore and learn more about this place. Owlbear told her not to go off too far, not because of the mana but because the lot of them were still might exhausted from the Sky Ray incident and he didn't want her to loose sight of her own health at the expense of travel and exploration.

Luize visibly blushed at his concearn and nodded, walking off to begin her exploration. Yumeko sticking close to Shinki and Owlbear. Mai did not wish to come along, for she remained by Yuki's side, extremely worried for her saftey. Even though everyone reassured her that she would be okay, the demon witch refused to leave and remained there. Owlbear was relucant to do so, but he figured she would be okay there on her own if she had insisted on staying.

"These stones...they are rare sight for me to see..." Shinki began as she observed one of the many keystones before her.

"How's that?"

"Well, these stones are supposedly the work of celestials, there are few of those beings in Makai." Shinki answered as she chuckled "In fact I would not be surprised if the Celestials saw me as Satan incarnate, what with me being the creator of demons." The goddess didn't seem to be too ashamed of the thought, in fact she may have even taken it to a step of flattery if someone of Celestial descent called her as such. Why this was Owlbear didn't know...

"Although, I do believe Sariel brought some with her when she came to Makai eons ago."

"Sariel...wait you mean..."

"Yes, 'The Angel of Death'"

"So why would Sariel need Keystones? I mean it doesn't really seem all that useful to her."

"By the time Sariel arrived in Makai, she was already a foreigner in the Devil's World. An Angel cannot exist in the planes of Hell, lest they wish to die or become overtaken and transformed into a demon. The Keystones, worked as a sort of seal on the holy mana she brought with her and thus keeping it intact while she lived there within the Fallen Shrine." Shinki explained. "She was able to move around away from the Shrine but not for very long, plus her power is halved once she leaves the Shrine."

"So Sariel is pretty much barred from going anywhere else?"

"Exactly, it's part of the reason why I see very little of her unless there is a great crisis underway."

"I see..." Owlbear nodded as he yawned abit "In anycase, let's go grab Luize and head back with the others...s'been a long day..."

=== Chiyudani Residence: Karuisuwa - 12:05 PM ~ Day 3 ===

"Go on eat up, it's good~" Toshiro mused to a black and red cat that stood before a bowl of fresh cat food. "...I'm not going to taste test, you should now how tunafish tastes..." The cat refused to eat, even turning up it's nose to the cat food to show that it wasn't going to eat it unless he tasted it. Although he was unaware at the time, the cat that he had was actually Orin, a kasha from the Former Hell, albeit in her cat form.

"H-hey, don't be like that..." Toshiro said in a bit of frantic tone seeing as to how the cat may have understood his words...which was stranger than it's appearance, no less. "If you don't eat it, you're going to go hungry. When I told dad I'd take care of you I made an oath to make sure I keep you alive...and that includes eating, so please... Just eat the damn cat food!" Toshiro now demanded to Rin who didn't seem to like the way he said it to her.

"HSS!" Rin hissed venomously at Toshiro and racked at his hand with the use of her sharp claws. Toshiro had forgotten how spiteful cats can be to a person...

Toshrio jumped back seeing that his hand was cut pretty bad AND was bleeding "Ow! Fu-!"

"Toshiro-kun!" A feminie voice called out from the living room area behind him. He turned to see another tenant who lived in the house by the name of Yamame Kurodani, a tsuchigumo. His mana allowed her to retain a human form but not her powers over illness and danmaku. In fact the reason she even had a human form now was only because Rin was in cat form which allowed Toshiro to avert more mana to give her the form she was in now.

"Huh, what is it?" Toshiro looked up, sucking on the wound Rin inflicted on him.

"Look it's that department store again." Yamame pointed to the television, at the commercial of Junes. She seemed to enjoy it only for it's theme song...

"Oh, Junes...That reminds me I need to make groceries..." Toshiro said looking at his bleeding hand and sucking on it somemore. Needless to say, Yamame noticed.

"What happened to you?" She asked a bit concearned

"That cat scratched me...AGAIN."

« Reply #239 on: May 08, 2009, 07:54:11 PM »
Mysterious Ruin 11:50 AM Day 3

Frank: Set him down here.

Austin: I can walk just fine. Put me down.

Nitori: Suit yourself.

As soon as his legs touched the ground, Austin collapsed.

Caboose: Hey, you lost a lot of blood. Try not to over exert yourself.

Frank: Me and Caboose are going to spar in the Library. See ya la-

Momizi: Wait. I want to spar with you guys.

Frank: Suit yourself.