Author Topic: Pony Touhou  (Read 7348 times)

Pony Touhou
« on: June 24, 2011, 08:40:48 PM »
http://www.equestriagaming.com/2011/06/pony-touhou.html

Proving once again that bronies are on their way to a hostile internet takeover, we now have a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic shoot-em-up based on Touhou :V

(scroll down for tl;dr) Having never actually seen the show I can't comment on it, but I've played the game for a bit. You choose between the six main character ponies at the beginning, and after midboss/boss battles, tokens fly around which let you switch to other ponies upon collecting them. You have a health meter and bomb meter above your character's head and I honestly have no idea how scoring or gathering power works! Bombing requires you to hold down the X button rather than just press it.

The six characters are
Pinkie Pie - Normal shot is a spread of cherries, focused is a line. Her bomb throws streamers at the enemy.
Rainbow Dash - Marisa, basically. Straight rainbow laser, focusing makes it stronger. Her bomb makes her temporarily invincible and super fast.
Fluttershy - Huge range with butterfly shots, focusing puts them into a tower of butterflies. Her bomb blows all bullets to the top of the screen.
Twilight Sparkle - is terrible
Applejack - Slow stream of apples, focusing gathers them up and then releases them in a mild spread. Her bomb is a slowly-growing apple that explodes when it hits an enemy.
Rarity - Very short range, but ridiculously strong. Her bomb slows down all bullets around her.

tl;dr ponies fighting aliens, touhou clone, twilight sparkle is shit

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Pony Touhou
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 10:11:02 PM »
There's not a whole lot of Touhou going on in this Pony Touhou to be honest.  :V
Although the boss ship spellcard cut-in made me laugh.

Apparently the guy's next step is making the other difficulties. I'm quite intrigued how he's going to handle the higher difficulties as it's quite easy as it is at the moment.

Also Pinkie Pie Style all the way.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 11:35:34 PM »
Rainbow Dash is the way for me~

Twilight Sparkle has an insane damage per (unfocused) shot at full power, but uh... It fires like one shot per second, so... Her bomb at max power is good for nuking bosses, but have fun at 0 power!
Despite Fluttershy having an insane Netherworld-like spread, it's not very good in my opinion, even in stages...
Applejack... I don't know how to effectively use her, so ^^;
Rarity is good, but I'm not a fan of being at close range.
And Pinkie Pie is good, but I just like Rainbow Dash's piercing more.

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 01:51:59 AM »
Yeah basically use rainbow dash 100% of the time and pray you don't accidentally collect someone else's token
Hitboxes in this game seem kinda messed up and the fact that there's only one useful character is a bummer but whatever, worth downloading and playing once or twice

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 02:20:48 AM »
Next game trying to feed off Touhou.. or it is..? Well it looks like all the other games made by people and really.. some of the Doujins are actually enjoyable from Danmaku genre.. :P

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 03:46:25 AM »
I stink at this game :ohdear:

Got as far as the Stage 2 boss with Rainbow Dash. Stupid hitboxes.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 03:51:53 AM »
Why would anyone cross ponies over with touhou.
These ponies are crossing all over my favorite things.
I'm not surprised , like all popular fanbases.
Plus it looks shitty.

But it could be worse anyways.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 08:51:24 AM »
Why would anyone cross ponies over with touhou.

Actually I'm surprised it isn't done more as it is already seeing as the two fanbases are so similar to each other.

Anyway, Update 1.2 with newly added difficulty modes.

This includes:
-derpy mode
-filly mode
-pony mode
-trollestia mode

Trollestia is actually pretty fun and challenging. You can die very fast if you're not careful.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »
oh gawd finally buffed twilight

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 03:48:15 PM »
Pony fandom is like the Touhou fandom before it became inundated with OMG ECKSDEE and made me loathe it.

That said, since this is both a decent shmup and not an aberrant crossover of death, I love it.

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 06:52:47 PM »
Pony fandom is like the Touhou fandom before it became inundated with OMG ECKSDEE and made me loathe it.

You know, the pony fandom is just as bad, if not worse (NSFW)

Just saying.

a_certain_kappa

• Science and Technology :3
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 01:10:48 AM »
You know, the pony fandom is just as bad, if not worse (NSFW)

Just saying.

It's quite normal for the-imageboard-that-must-not-be-named.

Haven't played it and not planning to. But, wait, what's this?
You have a health meter and bomb meter above your character's head and I honestly have no idea how scoring or gathering power works! Bombing requires you to hold down the X button rather than just press it.

The six characters are
Pinkie Pie - Normal shot is a spread of cherries, focused is a line. Her bomb throws streamers at the enemy.
Rainbow Dash - Marisa, basically. Straight rainbow laser, focusing makes it stronger. Her bomb makes her temporarily invincible and super fast.
Fluttershy - Huge range with butterfly shots, focusing puts them into a tower of butterflies. Her bomb blows all bullets to the top of the screen.
Twilight Sparkle - is terrible
Applejack - Slow stream of apples, focusing gathers them up and then releases them in a mild spread. Her bomb is a slowly-growing apple that explodes when it hits an enemy.
Rarity - Very short range, but ridiculously strong. Her bomb slows down all bullets around her.

tl;dr ponies fighting aliens, touhou clone, twilight sparkle is shit
Health metre. And you have to hold 'X' instead of just pressing it? Well, since I've never played it can't complain much.

Any bonus like...
Big Macintosh, Derpy, or any of the Cutie Mark Crusaders?
Oh, but tell me, who's the final boss? Must be Princess Celestia. Yeah, that tyrant.

Still, this is just wrong. I mean, only Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are able to fly. How and why did the others gets to fly?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 02:35:16 AM »
Oh, but tell me, who's the final boss? Must be Princess Celestia. Yeah, that tyrant.

It's My Little Pony vs Starcraft II, so...
Well, the entire stage seems to consist solely of Terrans. Or am I mistaken?

Drake

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 04:59:48 AM »
not gonna lie this is pretty bad

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -