Author Topic: Touhou Randoms  (Read 5220 times)

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
Touhou Randoms
« on: August 26, 2010, 09:23:43 AM »
This is the place to talk about random things/glitches that don't fit in to the other topics.
For instance I was playing VoWG once, and I bombed as it ended, and a Kanako head popped up in the bottom left corner.

Re: Touhou Randoms
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 10:30:54 AM »
When I was practicing NDNB pacify MoF stage 2 one of Reimu's options was bugged and looked like japanese text. It followed her around and changed position just like the other options when focusing and everything. The replay didn't have the bug though :(
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Drake

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »
One time when I was playing LLS I was fighting Elly and the music suddenly changed to the Bad Apple remix xD! Yukari's fooling around again lolol!!

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 02:54:30 AM »
Some time ago, I was playing Suwako (me) against Marisa (my brother) in Hisoutensoku.
After I used one Lvl3 spell card, some of Marisa's spells stopped displaying, and the Monsoon fog-stuff became blocks of glitchy stuff.

Zerro

• ERRORS,
  • ERRORS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 05:04:19 AM »
While playing StB scene 3(I think), I move on to the next scene and Alice appears again instead of Keine and the title music was playing. This happened again with Medicine on one of Reisen's spells.

I think this glitch is pretty common as I've seen it before on video.
Life's a shmup, play on lunatic.

Drake

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 05:14:10 AM »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 05:24:23 AM »
This is the place to talk about random things/glitches that don't fit in to the other topics.
For instance I was playing VoWG once, and I bombed as it ended, and a Kanako head popped up in the bottom left corner.

I never knew this happened to anyone else. The exact same thing happened to me over a year ago. :O Still have the replay.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
  • RIP 7/21/2010-9/10/2010
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 06:04:33 AM »
VoWG? hm... don't know what that stands for

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 06:06:48 AM »
Divine Virtue of Wind God.

Otherwise known as one of the most fun to play cards in the series. Difficult to capture, fun to dodge. Just pure skill involved.

But I lack any glitches to speak of.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 05:05:08 AM »
Just a bit ago, I opened up UFO through the Vsynch patch for some random playing. For some mysterious reason, the computer hung with the Vsynch open at the command prompt for about ten seconds before it opened. I went into stage 6, and the "now loading" screen appeared for about 20 seconds before opening to a long pause at the beginning of the stage. I restarted when this threw the music out of synch, and it went at a normal speed, but then, about fifteen seconds in, the BGM repeated itself. I then turned the game off and went back in, after which it functioned normally. o_O
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:13:09 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 11:27:40 PM »
Not exactly a glitch, but I discovered this awhile back and finally got around to recording it.  Alice, Suika, and probably a few others can do this as well.

boke

• ボケ
  • ゆっくりした結果がこれだよ
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 08:03:42 AM »
I somehow killed Orin before she could even start throwing danmaku with Marisa B's bomb!  :ohdear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K42bqaRQ3hE

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 03:05:36 AM »
I cleared SA (easy modo), went into the replay mode, and selected stage 6. The replay did some sort of internal desyching glitch thing, and went from a bad-but-still-real clear to seeing myself die repeatedly on the first card. By steering into suns.

Turns out it does the same thing every time I open stage 6 directly, but works properly if viewed from the start.

I also once Icicle Fall Easy'd stage6!Orin. Unfortunately, that was on my last computer (which died) and I'm not sure if I can recover the replay.

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 11:07:06 PM »
I cleared SA (easy modo), went into the replay mode, and selected stage 6. The replay did some sort of internal desyching glitch thing, and went from a bad-but-still-real clear to seeing myself die repeatedly on the first card. By steering into suns.

My god, this happened to me too! I realized that the desync was probably caused by using RCtrl to fast-forward. It seems like just Stage 6 has this issue.

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »
Start from stage 5 and never press control.

I somehow killed Orin before she could even start throwing danmaku with Marisa B's bomb!  :ohdear:

ReimuC can do that as well. I accidentally did it on one of my failed Lunatic 1cc attempts. The one that ended with me dying while the final card was being cleared.

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 11:47:08 PM »

That works with Yuugi and Sanae as well. :V

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 06:43:36 PM »

Watching that replay, I just noticed... one of the foils on the radiation sign is a picture of a cat. How did I miss that while I was dodging sedately?

boke

• ボケ
  • ゆっくりした結果がこれだよ
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 02:21:26 AM »
Watching that replay, I just noticed... one of the foils on the radiation sign is a picture of a cat. How did I miss that while I was dodging sedately?
Whoa, I didn't notice that either.  When you see it, you shit bricks  :V

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 03:22:02 AM »
I noticed this in a replay on YT, and thought someone was making a joke with the Card name in the translation patch. Utsuho's 'Explosion Sign "Mega Flare"' spell card and it's Hard and Lunatic versions. I thought that was a joke for months... then Touhou Wiki comes along and shoots that down faster then Orin being Insta-Gibbed by that Marisa Bomb in the above video :V

Drake

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 03:45:05 AM »
i'm pretty sure bahamut isn't a cat, if that's what you're saying

Suika :3

• Permabanned
  • You're the gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 03:49:20 AM »
once in IaMP marisa spwans RIGHT under the ground and she dies the game didn't notice and the PUASE button didn't work so i ALT+F4'd

boke

• ボケ
  • ゆっくりした結果がこれだよ
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 05:49:29 AM »
i'm pretty sure bahamut isn't a cat, if that's what you're saying
A fish, in fact.  And a dragon in FF.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 05:02:15 AM »
Apparently using Vjoy to remap my keys for Touhou sometimes resets my lives in Practice Mode to 3 instead of 9. Have no idea why this happens, though it isn't "always" a concern.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »
While playing scene 8-7, Superman "Soaring en no Ozuno", in StB, Ran just stomped down the screen instead of rolling around. In that same run I captured the card, and got a replay of it...

I kept thinkinkg "SUPAH TENKO STOMP!!!" for some reason  :V.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 08:11:59 AM »

So I timed out Scarlet Gensokyo... had to bomb when it was 2 seconds left...
Then the game just gets stuck here.