Author Topic: DEFCON Mafia Thread 2 (Game Over)  (Read 49645 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: DEFCON Mafia Thread 2 (Game Over)
« Reply #450 on: April 01, 2013, 02:56:22 AM »
Also, for about half the game I was using a nifty little votecount tool that Polaris developed. I'm leaving it here just in case anyone else finds it useful. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/88478193/VoteCount.jar

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #451 on: April 01, 2013, 03:18:29 AM »
HW's plan actually worked p.well, doc didn't get to do much but scum had to nightkill dr.rawr when rawr was being useless, over someone else.

Also because of the plan, if I wasn't being a derp I'd have realized Dormio was the sk before I decided to commit suicide (it was pretty obvious d3 if I actually gave it serious consideration, but the thought to do so didn't occur to me) and it helped narrow down the scumteam.

Also would have meant I would have gone and crunched more numbers (Oh boy I sure love numbercrunching coughcough) and realized we needed to LYNCH THE SK DAY THREE to win the game.

Overall though I'm okay with this ending.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #452 on: April 01, 2013, 03:20:30 AM »
HW's plan actually worked p.well, doc didn't get to do much but scum had to nightkill dr.rawr when rawr was being useless, over someone else.
i forgot to ask why i was the nk.
why?

« Reply #453 on: April 01, 2013, 03:21:28 AM »
by the time i rearranged the role list forcing scum to NK liabilities was really the point of the plan more than "hide the doc". it also outed people who attempted treason pretty easily so it did a good job of being effective in none of the ways i originally intended

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #454 on: April 01, 2013, 03:49:57 AM »
I ordered Rawr killed because I thought the SK would NK some townie and I didn't want the doc interfering.

Personally, I thought with the SK revealed, getting rid of him would be easier after most of the townies were dead. Not sure if scumbuddies agree but I didn't have much opportunity to make this clear with the thread under watch.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #455 on: April 01, 2013, 04:45:21 AM »
WHY WON'T YOU LEET ME KILL ANYONE CONQ
ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS RRAIN DOWN NUCLEAR DEATH
WHERE IS MY OKUU LOVE

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #456 on: April 01, 2013, 05:00:29 AM »
Hey guys I've decided to stop speedrunning average games that only have subpar acclaim and flash games on the internet for this month
Ape Escape does not have subpar acclaim  >:(

So I decided I'm instead going to try and speedrun eighty hour RPGs and try to beat them in under 12 hours
Ironically I'm working on this with Labyrinth of Touhou (80 hours to 100%, seeing if I can get a cleartime of under 12 lol)

Today I managed to beat Final Fantasy X in 20:54. I still have a long way to go before I beat the world record of [I hope to god nobody actually does this]
WR is 10:38 by Caracarn, do your research  :V  I actually have this game too but don't want to do a run, unskippable cutscenes and all.

Next week I hope to beat Star Ocean 3 in under 30:12. I have high hopes I can successfully cut 50 hours of playtime from the game for the sake of speedrunning
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Withhelde has like a 3:30 on this game hahahahahahahaha speedrun noob  :V

Boy I sure do love to press A through dialogue AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE because I've memorized every word of it from playing the game three hundred times
I haven't played it 300 times yet.

1/10 impersonation would not see again

« Reply #457 on: April 01, 2013, 05:30:36 AM »
[18:08:15] <Reisen-Udongein-Inaba> Man, Zakeri better not mess this up
[18:08:24] <Reisen-Udongein-Inaba> All of Roflstan is counting on him :(

ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK ;_;

What?
But Massaca wasn't a silo he was-

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #458 on: April 01, 2013, 05:36:15 AM »
Spit out my non-existent drink when you actually started naming off win times for 80 hour RPGs.

My heart goes out to those who speedrun non-action games like RPGs for the sake of having an arbitrary win time that's lower then the arbitrary win times of everyone else. Personally that sounds like insanity. Why do that? It sounds like "who can go through 8 trillion menu screens the fastest"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:39:14 AM by InuInuRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #459 on: April 01, 2013, 05:44:01 AM »
I dunno. The FF8 TAS taking ~8 hours amused me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #461 on: April 01, 2013, 06:18:26 AM »
The Scum QT is legitimately the best part of this game, from the codewords to the catgirl rant that just looked like another terrible impression to the terrible Korean, and I really died at the "Hello I'm new to mafia! Oh no! I hope no one notices I posted in the scum QT!" posts to try and get poor Massaca in trouble. It really is an art that turned Zak's roll into listening to Rocky.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #462 on: April 01, 2013, 06:22:12 AM »
Mmm. Dan, don't get mad. That's lame. It's a pain that we couldn't talk like normal people in the QT because I thought our scumteam was fun. Maybe another time?

And, well, as a final note, slightly dickish but true, MoTK isn't exactly known for rational play. It'd probably have been more interesting to forget about the plan, but hindsight is 20-20.

Oh, and Kilga, the doc did have use! It blocked a kill on scum. No Serela, I wanted him to stay alive and be vigbait. Whatever.

I'm gonna just 1-up IHNN here: When did his votecount tool get replaced? :V

Cut by nahh the best part was the rawr impersonation.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:53:28 AM by BT »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #463 on: April 01, 2013, 09:23:36 AM »
I told you all we should lynch Dan... he almost won as scum by not playing at all, and putting in literally 0 effort.

Which kind of says something, tbh.

I was wrong about pretty much everything else, however. Not like that is a new phenomenon.

[Also how many times do I have to bail Serela out and say Serela is town before the rest of the town dosen't nuke Serela?]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:26:32 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #464 on: April 01, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »
I really like that avatar.

Fair warning for Kilga's game: If I get one more scum PM I'm not responsible for the aftermath.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #465 on: April 01, 2013, 11:09:45 AM »
by the time i rearranged the role list forcing scum to NK liabilities was really the point of the plan more than "hide the doc". it also outed people who attempted treason pretty easily so it did a good job of being effective in none of the ways i originally intended
I still think that this is the flaw in that plan. Good, I guess Dan took the bid but earnestly, with just around one or two opportunities to NK, an SK and all the VIGs in that setup isn't the Doc a real concern for scum, or at last it shouldn't be one, especially if he's likely lynched/nuked anyway.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #466 on: April 01, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
Cut by nahh the best part was the rawr impersonation.
i missed this part ???

« Reply #467 on: April 01, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »
or was that the joke ???

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #468 on: April 01, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
Around when he says "I'm too lazy to do a rawr impersonation". Granted, it's not as funny now that I know you can do better (yay).

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #469 on: April 01, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »
I told you all we should lynch Dan... he almost won as scum by not playing at all, and putting in literally 0 effort.

Which kind of says something, tbh.

I was wrong about pretty much everything else, however. Not like that is a new phenomenon.

[Also how many times do I have to bail Serela out and say Serela is town before the rest of the town dosen't nuke Serela?]

I put in just as much effort on Day 3 as the rest of everybody.  The other 2 days I had resorted to tatical lurking since I'd catch attention no matter what I posted.  I perfered that attention to be focused on the fight between Shadoweh and Raikaria.  I also think it got me to survive.  Scummates did the needed bussing for me to just the right amount.  While I had to let town reads develop around HW, Zak, and maybe some others without offering much resistance, I was able to keep out of the limelight.  On day 3, I needed to become active, and I succeeded.

I in general do not have problems with lurkers and while I understand the stigma against them, I see complaints to that end to be unwarranted.  Lurkers still play by the rules. There are prods and modkills and force replacements to deal with excessive time not posting.  It's up to the rest of the playerbase to either lynch them or else town-read them and keep them alive.

Don't lynch me.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #470 on: April 01, 2013, 09:59:50 PM »
It's up to the rest of the playerbase to either lynch them or else town-read them and keep them alive.

And you got lynched for your anti-gamesmanship and lost, so what is your exact complaint again?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #471 on: April 01, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Except for when a whole bunch of people lurk so if you want to lynch all the lurkers then you waste every mislynch and you also have to ignore everyone else that's actually trying to play the game?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #472 on: April 01, 2013, 10:12:05 PM »
Spit out my non-existent drink when you actually started naming off win times for 80 hour RPGs.

My heart goes out to those who speedrun non-action games like RPGs for the sake of having an arbitrary win time that's lower then the arbitrary win times of everyone else. Personally that sounds like insanity. Why do that? It sounds like "who can go through 8 trillion menu screens the fastest"
Well speedrunning is less for having the best finish time ever and more for beating your own time.  Also people do it because they like the game.

ActionDan

« Reply #473 on: April 01, 2013, 10:14:23 PM »
Except for when a whole bunch of people lurk so if you want to lynch all the lurkers then you waste every mislynch and you also have to ignore everyone else that's actually trying to play the game?

It's hardly a waste if you think the lurker has a good chance to flip scum, or if all the active players appear town.  Use good judgement.

And you got lynched for your anti-gamesmanship and lost, so what is your exact complaint again?

That's not why I got lynched and I don't have a complaint.  I am only expressing an opinion in response to the ever growing general dissatisfaction with lurkers, I class that I Identify with.  I suppose if you put me on complaint it's that I dislike when people perceive me in a negative light.  I will try to correct for that.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #474 on: April 01, 2013, 10:18:54 PM »
Well speedrunning is less for having the best finish time ever and more for beating your own time.  Also people do it because they like the game.
I won a mafia game in 33 hours once

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #475 on: April 01, 2013, 10:20:30 PM »
That's not why I got lynched and I don't have a complaint.

That is precisely why you were lynched.  Per Zak, you were chosen over Dormio because you should have been lynched D1, when you didn't show up to play - or, as you put it, were performing "tactical lurking."  It bit you in the ass.

I won a mafia game in 33 hours once

I switched into a game here that my faction won within an hour or so 8) 8) 8)

ActionDan

Re: DEFCON Mafia Thread 2 (Day 5, DEFCON 1)
« Reply #476 on: April 01, 2013, 10:24:35 PM »
And Dan.
I'm pretty sure I've stated this before, but I don't like playing with you Dan.
It doesn't feel like you're really playing the game.
I mean, sure, you were scum this game but the behaviour early in the game was disgusting.
And I know you don't only do it as scum.
I mean all you really do is make some weird strategy and then never post. It's super lame.
I'll organize my thoughts and post more on this later.

Like you know, edible, it isn't an enjoyable experience when another player has the nerve to say this about my scum playstyle even though I had just lost and they had won. 

But please, do call me a player that's employ's  anti-game-man-ship even in the face of the above.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

Re: DEFCON Mafia Thread 2 (Day 5, DEFCON 1)
« Reply #477 on: April 01, 2013, 10:28:35 PM »
Also, Dan, for future games, it should be noted that should I discover that it is impossible to play to my own win condition, chances are very likely that I would play to SK's win condition.

That's at most half of the reason edible. 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #478 on: April 01, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »
besides that's an incredible breach of context.

I was confirmed scum that got screwed due to a whim.

I was talking about lurkers during a normal game day when town has to decide when to lynch scum based on educated guesses.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #479 on: April 01, 2013, 10:43:09 PM »
just saying, if you intentionally lurk and post minimal content as scum and most people find it reasonable you could be town then that says a lot about you as a mafia player

this goes for more people than just dan