Author Topic: DEFCON Mafia Thread 2 (Game Over)  (Read 48925 times)

Massaca

• すやぁ...
Re: DEFCON Mafia Thread 2 (Night 2, DEFCON 2)
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 05:15:02 AM »
NNR just said that he switched to the defensive silo, which blocks the first incoming nuke every day.

Yeah I know, I was in a rush and was thinking the game event would state the nuke being shot down after it's target was verified. I guess the "contact lost" line means that.
My fake nuke was to see if there would be any game event at all or if it would just be ignored.

I guess I'm just very derpy at the moment :ohdear:

-cut by NNR-
Yeah, I know.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: DEFCON Mafia Thread 2 (Day 3, DEFCON 1)
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 05:37:27 AM »
I dunno if it's just me, but I don't really like NNR's emphasis on staying alive.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 05:45:42 AM »
Whatever, I'll think about things later.

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 05:52:18 AM »
NNR trying to survive is a null tell for me.
Unless you want to press the idea that he's not smart enough to realize on his own that half the town setting nukes off is a bad idea.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2013, 06:55:24 AM »
##Nuke: Serela

:toot:

:golfclap:

It's pretty amazing that half of you guys are scum.

Well with Serela out I guess I should say 3/7. 

Subtracting PX, Shadoweh, annnd let's say Dormio.  ~3/4. 

Huh. POE'd to  BT/Zak/Neko.  Actually there's some decent chance HW/Mas is SK, I'd be voting one of those 3 regardless.  Need BT results etc.

And there's still a sub I believe.  I suppose we'll know if it's in scum's hands if it arbitrarily fires today 

Don't lynch me.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2013, 06:59:42 AM »
:golfclap:

It's pretty amazing that half of you guys are scum.

Well with Serela out I guess I should say 3/7. 

Subtracting PX, Shadoweh, annnd let's say Dormio.  ~3/4. 

Huh. POE'd to  BT/Zak/Neko.  Actually there's some decent chance HW/Mas is SK, I'd be voting one of those 3 regardless.  Need BT results etc.

And there's still a sub I believe.  I suppose we'll know if it's in scum's hands if it arbitrarily fires today
Wait what?
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 08:03:05 AM »
Shadoweh, you have one hour to convince me why I should nuke you instead of Zakeri.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2013, 09:27:28 AM »
What a compelling case Shadoweh. I especially like that part. However, you failed your persuasion check, and thus I must take appropriate action.

##Nuke Zakeri

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2013, 01:48:24 PM »
...we are so fucked already.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 01:54:37 PM »
Neko is confirmed silo. Hmmm.

I guess I can't wait to SEE ANY FLIPS BEFORE I NUKE because of SOMEBODY, though. :C

I'd still like to wait for BT to say if he got any result before I fling a nuke, though. >_>
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 01:57:05 PM »
Well it's good to see we're nuking bright and early >_>

Note: Nukes do not reset the lynch threshold.
Oh god I just noticed this. So if even a single townie dies to a nuke today isn't it going to be practically impossible to lynch scum?
5 townies, 3 scum, 1 SK
I assume SK should be playing as a townie for now (wondering if he actually chose not to NK at all, think that's smart) but even still, we need 5 to lynch which doesn't decrease with nuked players.

:ohdear: 

@Dormio, I don't suppose it's too much to ask for you to abort your launch on Serela? I kinda buy him being town now.
Serela, please don't nuke yet.

Kinda panicking a little, doesn't helo I'm tired but can't sleep cause of this damn game.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 01:57:59 PM »
Actually, nevermind. Y'know, I'm getting nuked anyway. Bring it on mother******. `-`

##Nuke Mas-

Cut:OH FINE I'LL WAIT

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
HAHA SERELA, THANK YOU
v_v

Quote from: Massaca
So Serela, Shadoweh, Raikaria, DON"T DAMN WELL NUKE.
This relates to the question of whether vigs are pro-town or not. Here's the scoop though: I am a town-controlled lynch. Mainly, I am town, and my nuke is controlled by me, so I know 100% that Town wants whoever I aim at dead. The thing you're missing out on is that every lynch is going to be followed by two non-town controlled nightkills, so not shooting someone means that I am literally letting the scum shoot more instead. Nukes are better then letting people who do not want the town to win fire.

Very anti-town it seems.
I thought there may be something off about this at the time, now let me try to get into it but likely falil to do so.
No, there is absolutely no way you could know 100% that town wants your target dead. The only 100% certainty is for scum. You may want your target dead as town but that doesn't inherently mean town wants the target dead since at this moment it's a 1/3 chance. Reads or not.
Secondly, the SK nightkill moreorless should be a town controlled NK since the SK sure as hell doesn't want much scum towards the end so he's not going to risk killing town if he can avoid it.
Thirdly (which of course I had no idea at the time), Nukes are proving not to be better because it's likely to result in a no lynch + town deaths. If scum has nukes (and they presumably have the sub but for the love of town I'm praying the SK or a shifty townie was fortunate enough to get sub) they're guaranteed a Town kill. Town using nukes are definitely not. So at the moment it makes sense to me that nukes are more indicative of and beneficial to scum than anyone else.
Therefore everyone who was a town silo should have gone defensive and anyone openly firing nukes is scum. And play on as normal.

Feel free to yell at me cause I may be completely ****ing stupid with this but again, I'm worried about all these nukes and suddenly the lack of lynch requirement lowering with nuke kills.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »
Secondly, the SK nightkill moreorless should be a town controlled NK since [...]
Erm, not controlled. I mean with town intentions. Town motivated? Whatev.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 02:35:20 PM »
@Dormio, I don't suppose it's too much to ask for you to abort your launch on Serela? I kinda buy him being town now.
Also for emphasis and to clarify something, I kinda switched on Serela sometime between the Lynch and before his posts just before mine. Not certain when but I dunno and stuff. It's 1:30 and I'm supposed to be sound asleep but argh thinking and horrifying about this damn game and F5F5F5 and uguu.
Gunna have to try to go to sleep soon so... yeah I don't think there was anything else I wanted to say except also waiting to hear what BT has to say.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2013, 02:38:56 PM »
Okay, fine I -guess- maybe I'm not gonna nuke Massaca. :T

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »
That'd be nice.

horrifying
lol meant to be worrying.
[attach=1]

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 03:00:04 PM »
I reread Dormio with the intention of going "HELL YEAH NUKE DORMIO" but nope I just don't see it. :c

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 03:13:18 PM »
So I reread someone else who I was largely ignoring because I decided they were town.

##Nuke BT

It sure is fun to be both a vig and also dying soon so I don't have to explain my read.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 03:22:44 PM »
If BT flips scum you should probably lynch NNR imo, just sayin'

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2013, 03:43:23 PM »
Only real thing I could come up with against dormio is "why would scum even want to steal tracker, get a better role instead and call treason so you don't have to fake tracker results"

but role shens are silly

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 04:47:23 PM »
I would have said something but my internet went out last night :V
WHY ARE ONE OF YOU NOT NUKING THE GUY WHO PICKED BULLETPROOF. I am very disapproving right now.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2013, 05:00:17 PM »
And by that I mean the surprise teehee bulletproof Neko. The only thing he guarenteed is someone wasting a vig shot on him so he coould survive.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2013, 05:20:12 PM »
Go lynch his face off 'kay? :D

Or the SK can murder him at night, whatever.

Shadoweh

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 05:25:24 PM »
Serela you are making me unhappy here. We just discussed how lynching will be difficult if we hit the wrong people.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »
There was already two nukes going out and I'm about to die, so I figured if you don't hit scum (and I -know- I'm not scum and I really doubt Zak is, soooo) then you were screwed there anyway.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »
Note: Nukes do not reset the lynch threshold votecount.
That'll teach me to write up stuff at night. Nukes lower the lynch threshold. However, they do not reset the votecount, so people may be lynched when the lynch threshold lowers.
Anyway, please stand by.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:00:09 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2013, 06:03:53 PM »
Day 3, DEFCON 1 - Game Event

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Attempting to locate launch site...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile tracked to facility XR-969, currently commanded by PX.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing flight trajectory?
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile is currently targeting coordinates registered to Zakeri.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Estimating time until impact...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Warhead will detonate on Thursday, 28 March at 05:27 EDT.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2013, 06:06:38 PM »
Day 3, DEFCON 1 - Game Event

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Attempting to locate launch site...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile tracked to facility XR-508, currently commanded by Serela.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing flight trajectory?
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile is currently targeting coordinates registered to BT.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Estimating time until impact...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Warhead will detonate on Thursday, 28 March at 11:13 EDT.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »
Maybe if you had selected better characters than Shizuku and Eris.