Author Topic: Guilty Alice! ROUND 14 OVERRR  (Read 251169 times)

Merp

Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 6!
« Reply #420 on: April 30, 2013, 03:22:46 AM »
since i am idort, can someone just compile a list of eligible characters here so i can google it later
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

pineyappled

« Reply #421 on: April 30, 2013, 03:23:58 AM »
can we just make our own 2hus because "draw nonexistent character x" is kinda boring

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #422 on: April 30, 2013, 03:26:19 AM »
There are some characters that exists in fangames like Last Comer and Cia :o
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

pineyappled

« Reply #423 on: April 30, 2013, 03:32:33 AM »
Not the point.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #424 on: April 30, 2013, 03:42:27 AM »
can we just make our own 2hus because "draw nonexistent character x" is kinda boring
I would not mind, but we'd probably have to add some more restrictions to this (eg. certain style of attire, ability X or Y) for the interests of judging.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2013, 03:45:23 AM »
I'm willing to change the theme if enough people are against it, but I don't think I'd do just "Touhou OCs" because that's really broad imo. Not sure what kind of extra requirements I could add to make it more plausible, but EP has a good idea. But I'd rather not dwell on what kind of requirement I'd like to see most, so if things come to it I''d probably just go with Sixten's sports idea or Brohous.

There are some characters that exists in fangames like Last Comer and Cia :o
Last Comer wouldn't count as mock bosses - at least not to me, because the characters aren't trying to pass off as real Touhou characters.
I think the vagueness of what constitutes as a proper mock boss are the main point of debate and discontentment here.

since i am idort, can someone just compile a list of eligible characters here so i can google it later
If I understand correctly, the most prolific mock bosses are all in the article minus Maybell and Meimu - that is, Karen Yawata, Mitori Kawashiro, Sasha Sashiromiya, Rinbokusan Sasaki, Sen Gatensoku, and Sugar Satellite, although I've seen others before like the Nowakis (Tai and Kine) and Marine Benefit characters.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2013, 06:52:17 AM »
I would not mind, but we'd probably have to add some more restrictions to this (eg. certain style of attire, ability X or Y) for the interests of judging.
It's said that "youkai of remote disappears" exists. How about youkai of modern times?

Another idea: sci-fi alternatives of existing th_lolis, say, a kiloyears old woman with modified DNA, making her not aging, operating mobile time-space warping device. Or a cyborg loli with implanted precise EM scanner adapted for brain activity analysis. Preferably in ZUN style.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »
Another idea: sci-fi alternatives of existing th_lolis, say, a kiloyears old woman with modified DNA, making her not aging, operating mobile time-space warping device. Or a cyborg loli with implanted precise EM scanner adapted for brain activity analysis. Preferably in ZUN style.

This reminds me Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan's synopsis :V
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Arkeden

• That Guy
  • Live great, you need it.
« Reply #428 on: April 30, 2013, 07:26:50 PM »
Sasha Sashiromiya & Sen Gatensoku

Whenever I draw, I don't think  :getdown:
Just started drawing! Visit my deviantart
-> http://arkeden.deviantart.com/

KrackoCloud

« Reply #429 on: April 30, 2013, 08:16:54 PM »
Since someone's already drawn something (wow that was fast), I'm just going to stick with the theme we have right now.
I've revised the theme description.

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #430 on: May 01, 2013, 05:36:31 AM »
Tsubame

I am retired from Aliceball. I'll barely exert any effort on any submissions (this one was done during the commercial breaks of tonight's Clippers vs. Grizzlies game), and nobody can vote for me.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #431 on: May 01, 2013, 05:50:03 AM »
What do you mean we can't vote for you! I'll honor it if that's what you really want, but even if you won the "worst" thing that could happen is you choose the next theme.

Also your entry still looks really great. Actually, it's one of my favorites from you so far. I love sketchy things.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #432 on: May 01, 2013, 08:05:04 AM »
I'll be sitting out for this round

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #433 on: May 01, 2013, 01:27:11 PM »
What do you mean we can't vote for you! I'll honor it if that's what you really want, but even if you won the "worst" thing that could happen is you choose the next theme.

I retired from Aliceball so it wouldn't take so much of my time, and being eligible for voting would defeat that purpose. If there is even a remote chance of me winning, I might end up playing to win and spending 10+ hours on a piece like I have in past seasons. So yes, I would prefer it if nobody could vote for me.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #434 on: May 01, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »
I retired from Aliceball so it wouldn't take so much of my time, and being eligible for voting would defeat that purpose. If there is even a remote chance of me winning, I might end up playing to win and spending 10+ hours on a piece like I have in past seasons. So yes, I would prefer it if nobody could vote for me.

If your problem is time maybe this is the opportunity for you to find some new way to draw/paint using less time. You could use Aliceball as a lab and incentive to keep trying different styles of drawing.

BTW nice Tsubame.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #435 on: May 01, 2013, 08:57:36 PM »
Just checking, do these characters count?
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/750881 (Usual danbooru warning etc)

KrackoCloud

« Reply #436 on: May 01, 2013, 09:02:53 PM »
I think the problem many of us have been having is maybe trying too hard. Sixten's concerns in this sense is right. Having to draw for a contest every week is time consuming, esp. when you're trying to make it look good.

At the start of Guilty Alice, I was thinking that everyone would only be posting sketches and simple drawings - I was pleasantly surprised when people started whipping up hardcore art pieces! It's a lot of fun, but at this point, I think I need to re-stress the original point again.

Guys, don't feel pressured or obligated to work as hard as you do on your normal pieces.
"This is not a serious competition! It's just a thing we do to throw out drawings, fight artist's block, practice, and just have a good time in the Atelier."
If Guilty Alice was supposed to be a game full of blood, sweat, and tears, it wouldn't occur week after week.

Basically, treat Guilty Alice as an art blitz game. Just whip up those drawings and get 'em done! I don't give a week for each round so that you can work extra hard on it, I do it just so that more people can join.

---
Just checking, do these characters count?
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/750881 (Usual danbooru warning etc)
Looks good to me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:08:48 PM by HawFlakes »

Zil

« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2013, 09:16:41 PM »
Seconding everything Kracko said. Nobody's going to gun you down if you don't feel like going all in. I don't think there's any kind of obligations or expectations.

Now I think I may try to join in this time instead of just lurking around creepily. Though I haven't actually tried to draw characters yet so this is going to get ugly.

Delfigamer

« Reply #438 on: May 01, 2013, 10:47:28 PM »
How about a special time constraint, say, 60 minutes on picture?
"You may improve your piece later, surely, but what you post here should at least look like you hadn't spent more than an hour on it", something like that.

Zil, I don't think you're so creepy, though maybe because I don't participate either.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:49:38 PM by Delfigamer »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #439 on: May 01, 2013, 11:26:45 PM »
How about a special time constraint, say, 60 minutes on picture?
"You may improve your piece later, surely, but what you post here should at least look like you hadn't spent more than an hour on it", something like that.

Zil, I don't think you're so creepy, though maybe because I don't participate either.
I've actually considered that! I do think it's a cool idea, but at the same time I'm hesitant because I don't know if others will take it as an unnecessary restriction or interpret the Social as a competitive race or something.
Anyone else have thoughts on this?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #440 on: May 01, 2013, 11:33:28 PM »
I'm fine with rough time restrictions. Could even the playing field.
Bad command or file name

pineyappled

« Reply #441 on: May 02, 2013, 02:52:33 AM »
I think the problem many of us have been having is maybe trying too hard. Sixten's concerns in this sense is right. Having to draw for a contest every week is time consuming, esp. when you're trying to make it look good.

At the start of Guilty Alice, I was thinking that everyone would only be posting sketches and simple drawings - I was pleasantly surprised when people started whipping up hardcore art pieces! It's a lot of fun, but at this point, I think I need to re-stress the original point again.
Guess who was doing it right the whole time? :getdown:

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #442 on: May 02, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
i always thought this would be a friendly thing, to not have competitive linings, idk i drew my entries with experimentation in mind 9_9

as for time restrictions, there is the fact that some people draw faster etc so idk
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Delfigamer

« Reply #443 on: May 02, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »

KrackoCloud

« Reply #444 on: May 02, 2013, 04:37:57 PM »
Yeah, Vento makes a point. "Leveling the field" isn't really the end goal with any restrictions we make, because skill discrepancies will always exist. I just want the game to be more informal.
I will probably add a one/two hour "suggested" time limit under guidelines.

Actually this is pretty true. Kinoko sets a good example :U

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #445 on: May 02, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
Was pretty much doing the same here, maybe a bit [i[]too[/i] rushed in certain instances. :V
Bad command or file name

« Reply #446 on: May 02, 2013, 08:43:18 PM »
ooohhhh! I'll definitely try to submit something for this one.
By the way, Sixten's entry is awesome. I'm jelly.

춤추는 작은 까탈레나~

Zil

« Reply #447 on: May 02, 2013, 09:12:22 PM »
Welp, there are issues.

It's supposed to be the stage 2 boss from Marine Benefit. Any attempt I made to draw her wearing the hat ended in disaster, so I left it off. I was also too afraid to try drawing the lower half of the body, so she's sitting at some kind of table or something. The pigtails are wrong because I'm stupid. I fucked up her right hand pretty bad, and ended up doing a mutant claw or something for the left. I was going to redo it but ended up coloring in the shirt and just rolling with it. It's all in pen so I can't erase anything.

I had a lot of fun drawing it though. I'll probably do something for each week. (And... uh... get some actual pencils or something.)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #448 on: May 02, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »
Welp, there are issues.

It's supposed to be the stage 2 boss from Marine Benefit. Any attempt I made to draw her wearing the hat ended in disaster, so I left it off. I was also too afraid to try drawing the lower half of the body, so she's sitting at some kind of table or something. The pigtails are wrong because I'm stupid. I fucked up her right hand pretty bad, and ended up doing a mutant claw or something for the left. I was going to redo it but ended up coloring in the shirt and just rolling with it. It's all in pen so I can't erase anything.

I had a lot of fun drawing it though. I'll probably do something for each week. (And... uh... get some actual pencils or something.)
Yay more pen pics, if you made a fast pencil sketch before using the pen you could use CTRL+Z :P

And with 1-hour limit I will start to draw 2hus using gloves because hands spend a lot of time :V
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #449 on: May 03, 2013, 08:57:45 AM »
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division