Author Topic: EMERGENCY - Jingles needed for Comiket release!  (Read 2391 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
EMERGENCY - Jingles needed for Comiket release!
« on: November 08, 2013, 02:53:03 PM »
Hello, I'm certainly most of you are familiar with my New Hori-ZUN line of Touhou-themed English textbook doujinshi. Anyway, we have already released Listening CDs featuring American voice actresses reading the books in order to fully recreate the authentic educational experience you receive at middle schools here. However, the title of each chapter is accompanied by a short 3 to 5-second jingle based on a theme from a character that shows up in that chapter. Nakazako from Machikado-Mapoze and Surasshu from Surasshu Sound did the jingles for the first two releases, but they are currently too busy to help so we need another.

Ideally, the songs need to sound like something you might hear on an educational CD, somewhat cheesy and juvenile but still catchy and competently produced. There are 10 chapters in the book, so we would need 10 such instrumental jingles. Optionally, we need someone who can produce sound effects at certain points of the readings, making it feel more like a radio drama, engaging without distracting. However, the important part is the deadline. We need all the jingles ready by the end of November so we have enough time to put the CD together to sell at Winter Comiket.

If you are interested, please send me examples of your work either through this thread or via PM. If I think you have what it takes, I'll direct you along to the project organizer who will help work out the fine details with you. As for compensation, money might be hard to do, but I will certainly use my JAPAN POWERS to buy whatever you want at Comiket or elsewhere.

So if you're willing to help out, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thanks.

Re: EMERGENCY - Jingles needed for Comiket release!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
Hi Nathan,

Given how much you've selflessly helped friends of mine out with orders and such, I'll see how I can help you.  I did "comedy" music for some of Machinima.com's channels for a bit so I'm relatively acquainted with the style. Do the jingles need to be based on the touhou instrumentals or original works, and are vocals required?

Also I lost your email address, please email it to me if you don't mind

cheers mate
Lemphek

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
I miiiight be able to help? I only just started messing with making digital music but I've had plenty of formal music training.

Do you have any examples what the jingles should sound like?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 02:59:44 AM »
Like I said, these are purely instrumental jingles derived from official Touhou songs, and they can be live or digital so long as they sound clean.

I don't really have any examples on hand but they should sound somewhat comical and/or upbeat but not too crazy, mostly focused on wind, brass and/or string-like instruments. Shoot me a PM with examples if you have any.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 06:26:52 AM »
so uh something like this?