Author Topic: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!  (Read 223742 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!
« Reply #600 on: May 24, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »
If you want a rebellion, you're going to need supporters, after all.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #601 on: May 24, 2014, 07:07:30 PM »
I'm not agree with you, Sakurei, when you say that no one play DDC. Personnaly, DDC is my fav Touhou games (with MoF and IN) and Seija Kijin, my fav character (with Shinmyoumaru, Okuu, Orin, Ran, Chen, Cirno, Kagerou and Shameimaru... OMG, a lot of people...)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #602 on: May 25, 2014, 12:51:29 PM »
According to experts, the Yin-Yang Orb is broken. It only affects your hitbox for lasers. Everything else has the same hitbox.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #603 on: May 25, 2014, 01:32:01 PM »
According to experts, the Yin-Yang Orb is broken. It only affects your hitbox for lasers. Everything else has the same hitbox.
Really? That's surprising. It certainly looks smaller when I sub with it.

e: And by that I don't mean I don't believe you - I do. It's just weird that it looks smaller but in reality isn't.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:39:43 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #604 on: May 25, 2014, 02:15:28 PM »

I dunno, it was my main standby as a sub weapon and it usually made a substantial difference in how long I could survive. Maybe it was just the placebo effect?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #605 on: May 25, 2014, 03:33:08 PM »
So how does her hitbox only being reduced for one type of attack even "work"? From how games normally work, you'd think the reduction would be absolute.

« Reply #606 on: May 25, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »
So how does her hitbox only being reduced for one type of attack even "work"?
bullets are round, lasers are not...... its very likely different collision detection is used for different types of attacks...... zun probably forgot to add it to some types of collision......

yeah..... tried a few things.... sukunas tiny bullets have a "weird" hitbox with the orb compared to without (its the same but your hitbox is deceptive so the bullets hits when they look like they should just barely miss).... seems like a pretty legit bug...... =x
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 05:53:55 PM by Neodymium »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #607 on: May 25, 2014, 06:30:01 PM »
I wonder if that has something to do with the unreleased 1.00b patch. Kinda strange that it exists but he hasn't released it yet.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #608 on: May 26, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »
Incidentally, I think that even if the yin-yang orb is bugged as a subweapon, I would argue it helps by making your hitbox less ambiguous. Given the insane dodges required to do some scenes without items, having a hitbox that is more accurate can help you be more confident with the dodges you have to perform to clear the scenes.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #609 on: June 09, 2014, 05:38:28 AM »
I've been scouring the internet and couldn't find anything for extracting the music via Music Room Interface, so I built my own script for it.
Thanks to Drake in the IRC for linking the text file with the song positions.
(Note: you're probably on your own for tagging, something with the program doesn't seem to want to tag anything, despite claiming support for doing so.)

(removed link because of wrong loop points on half the songs).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:28:50 AM by xfullmetal17 »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #610 on: June 09, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »
You need a decryption key for that.

Should've mentioned it earlier, but omeone send me the proper data for usage in MusicRoom.

http://pastebin.com/HNGMykZW
Just safe it as th143.bgm in the bgminfo map.

Alternatively, you can use the tile file if you like tu use THxxBGM.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #611 on: June 09, 2014, 03:35:43 PM »
Regarding the Yin-Yang Orb bug, has ZUN announced any plans to fix it yet?

« Reply #612 on: June 09, 2014, 07:09:32 PM »
Hopefully ZUN does fix some of the bugs... Still doable, and in theory clearable (Still working on the "clearing" bit myself)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:43:29 AM by xfullmetal17 »

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #613 on: June 30, 2014, 08:45:23 AM »
There still isn't a dedicated thread for ISC, so I'm posting it here.

th143_watch is a small tool written by 天使的枷锁 (Shackles of Angel).

ISC has graze scoring, but unlike other games, the graze value is not displayed on the ISC interface. In case anyone ever needs to train for ISC scoring, this tool will read the GRAZE value from the program memory.

Legend:
GRAZE: obviously
HP: the current/maximum HP of the boss
SHOT: number of bullets on screen
LSR: number of lasers on screen
CHLGE: the number of times YOU have challenged the current stage, even when playing someone else's replay

Notes from the author:
1. If a value is -1, it means the value is unavailable, e.g. the boss has not been spawned
2. Certain special attacks such as Marisa's cannon and cameras don't count towards SHOT and LSR
3. Most cursor-driven translation tools would send a Ctrl-C in the background for each mouse click, causing the tool to quit immediately; disable those tools before running it

Press Esc to stop monitoring, then press any key to exit the tool.

Download
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:50:19 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter