Author Topic: [Art] Gappy's Pointlessly Artistic Gap - Mind the gaping gap in my creativity~  (Read 52081 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone~ ^^ I appreciate it!

And I actually managed to get myself to draw again! Wheee~!

Solais' cute little imouto~

She doesn't quite look it, but she's a powerful vampire shinsou, one of the original vampires.

I'll write up a proper backstory later, I guess. Beddy-bye time for now~

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Your talent for drawing complex clothing designs. Give it to me.

I wish I could be that creative :(

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
Granted, now you- oh wait wrong thread.

But oh sweet miss Gappy, may I please ask how I can request something from you? It wasn't answered completely last time, and said question and answers were deleted by a mysterious force...

(Sorry if i sound like a noob, but I truly don't know where to find out :( There's no 'request FAQ' on MotK)

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
She actually has a proper name, what even fits her design, coincidentally, but I'll settle with Solais' Sister now, because that's so Kyon-ish. :V

Also I don't know how should I show my thanks.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
I know I said it on IRC, but I'm going to say it again... I'm really glad you've gotten back to drawing, Gappy.  It makes me worry about you a little less than I've been doing so ('course, I still worry about you, but that's what friends are for I guess~).

And again with the reiterating of IRC comments... Uwaaah, she looks so very, very adorabubble, Gappy-chan~  And like Ruro said, the clothes you draw are always so intricate and beautiful.  But yes, again, it's great to see you're still doing this.  Keep at it, Gappy!  I really look forward to seeing what you'll come up with next, as I'm sure it'll be just as good, if not better~!
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Gpop

Gappy makes the cutest art.

I love you for this Gap <3

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Oh oh, did I actually revived your DESIRE?

great complex clothes design as usual, I am trying to mimic you.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Product of today's train ride ^^;;

Name: Valentia
Nickname: ?
Title: The Loving Heart That Roars with Courage
Species: Embodiment/Anthromorphic Personification/Thingy
Power: Manipulation of Courage
Role: Embodiment of Courage, Bravery, and Fortitude
Artefact: Courageous Heart
Home: ?
Where she can be found: ?

So why bravery? Mostly because Valentia = Latin for 'Courage'. And why hearts? Well, because since the dawn of mankind bravery and strength (as well as love, interestingly) have been closely associated with the heart.

Your talent for drawing complex clothing designs. Give it to me.

I wish I could be that creative :(

You want my insanity...? Ummm....here!

* Neko-Gappy infects Ruro with insanity

Creativity isn't really the issue. All you have to do is come up with a theme and then just work around said theme. In this case, hearts. In the case of Solais no imouto - crosses. Dragoshi - clovers. Serpentarius - snaky armour. Rabbit - diamonds. Solais - miko. etc.

Anyhow, thanks Ruro, for the comment, and for all the help ^^ And sorry for troubling you over all the trivialties, I'll make it up to you one day!

But oh sweet miss Gappy, may I please ask how I can request something from you? It wasn't answered completely last time, and said question and answers were deleted by a mysterious force...

You post here and ask, nothing complicated ^^

Just please be patient though, this request service is strangely popular for some odd reason that I can't comprehend, so there's always a queue XD

She actually has a proper name, what even fits her design, coincidentally, but I'll settle with Solais' Sister now, because that's so Kyon-ish. :V

Also I don't know how should I show my thanks.

Just tell her what I told you to tell her yesterday ^^ That's thanks enough.

And she's Solais-no-imouto for now? XD

I know I said it on IRC, but I'm going to say it again... I'm really glad you've gotten back to drawing, Gappy.  It makes me worry about you a little less than I've been doing so ('course, I still worry about you, but that's what friends are for I guess~).

....you waste your time worrying about silly things, dear Moerin ^^;;; Seriously, Gappy's not worth worrying about XD But sorry for worrying you all the same ^^;;

* Neko-Gappy bows in apology.

I'll make it up to you someday! Promise!

Gappy makes the cutest art.

I love you for this Gap <3

I love you too, Koipop ^^

Oh oh, did I actually revived your DESIRE?

great complex clothes design as usual, I am trying to mimic you.

You did, along with everyone else ^^ Everyone was very supportive and for that I'm truly grateful.

* Neko-Gappy bows in gratitude

D-don't mimic me, people would kill me if they found that my influence ruined the great AF's art style XD in all seriousness, your art style is unique and beautiful and it should truly remain your own. No need to copy mine which only has complicated designs to make up for the lack of quality XD

HUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:05:30 PM by Neko-Gappy »

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
Re: [Art] Gappy's Pointlessly Artistic Gap - Project Touhou Myoushugatari
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
Yet another thingy huh, you're makin us not unique you gap hag!

Spoiler:
Exellent work, nonetheless. You really are my antithesis aren't you? Yes you are!
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2010, 10:30:07 PM »
Yet another thingy huh, you're makin us not unique you gap hag!

Spoiler:
Exellent work, nonetheless. You really are my antithesis aren't you? Yes you are!

Well, there are 7 great virtues and 7 deadly sins. I intend to make anthromorphic personifications of each XD

Well, so far, that makes 4 Embodiments ^^

Gpop

« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2010, 10:37:38 PM »
Funny, I always Valentia to be the shy type. The Manipulation of Courage is just fitting :V

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2010, 10:55:14 PM »
Funny, I always Valentia to be the shy type. The Manipulation of Courage is just fitting :V

Would be interesting if the character was rather timid and shy...only to become really fierce when those she treasures are in trouble!

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2010, 11:18:52 PM »
Queen of hearts? Does her hand ro-

* Chaore is gunned the hell down.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2010, 11:25:03 PM »

NOOOOOOOO CHAORE!

I WILL HAVE MY REVEN-

"Thundr is shot"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2010, 11:57:15 PM »

Her hand does what? I couldn't hear what he sai- *guns are aimed at Okashii*
...Never mind, it probably wasn't important... Please don't shoot...

Valentinya

• Does not play well with others
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2010, 12:47:45 AM »
Product of today's train ride ^^;;

I love it!!! :* Thank you so much! This was such an awesome surprise to wake up to. ^_^

Would be interesting if the character was rather timid and shy...only to become really fierce when those she treasures are in trouble!

Also, it really is incredibly ironic. ^^; Especially considering I'm like the least courageous person ever. :ohdear:

Although... I think maybe you've "hit the nail on the head". Especially with how fired up I got when you were down last week... :blush:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 02:47:18 AM by Valentia »

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2010, 10:38:29 AM »
* Neko-Yosei reloads gun.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2010, 11:10:15 AM »
So, now I'm in need of colour scheme ideas for both Solais-no-imouto and Valentia. Any ideas?

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »
Red eyes are given, as black hair too, but my sister likes the colors of deep purple (not the band, the color :V), deep blue, "poison green" and black. She also like the colors of gold and silver.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2010, 07:14:02 PM »
Well, there are 7 great virtues and 7 deadly sins. I intend to make anthromorphic personifications of each XD

Well, so far, that makes 4 Embodiments ^^
An interesting idea you have there, do you have some specific people in mind for this?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Valentinya

• Does not play well with others
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 07:24:10 PM »
So, now I'm in need of colour scheme ideas for both Solais-no-imouto and Valentia. Any ideas?

Hmm... Well I can't really think of too much, but I would prefer my hair color to be red. :)

Also, I'm not sure if this will be of much help but in heraldry, red is used to indicate courage.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2010, 09:01:16 AM »
I was sorta certain there were 6 great virtues.
but whatever.

nice work as usual imouto!
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2010, 04:04:08 PM »
I was sorta certain there were 6 great virtues.

Nope, seven~  Because there is an opposite number to each of the sins.  A lot of people seem to overlook the virtues, though.  Maybe they find the sins more interesting or something?

...Oh wow, there's a few there that I don't really fit into... That can't be good...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2010, 07:34:33 PM »
Say, is this thread still alive? Well, just to be on the safe side....

"Holy Light, bring back this soul from purgatory. Resurrection!!"

*thread rez*

Anyway, dear miss Gappy, I have finally come to make my request. However, this request is not for me or my own character, but rather for my dear friend Thundr. You see, he would also like a Touhou character for himself (a "Touhousona", as I call them. No, they don't magically appear by shooting yourself in the head, unfortunately), but he's a bit too shy to request for it. He's become especially reluctant after your ourburst from a while ago, with the whole Mint/Letty rage thing. I however understand from a few recent posts that you still take requests for characters.
I want to help Thundr and get him a Touhousona to make him happy (and so my own Touhousona doesn't get ronery). So, Gappy-Sama, would you draw a Touhou character for Thundr, pretty please? You would do him a wonderful favor :)
Here's a short description of his character, based on his Iji-bio. I hope it's enough info to base a design on.

Name: Thundr
Race: Youkai
Ability: Manipulation of Sun
Relationships: Keeps to herself alot (but has recently become good friends with HakureiSM and Okashii <3 )
Description: "A sleepy, yet charismatic, youkai."

"Will often pop and make fun of someone or try to act sophisticated, then run to her secret gardenand hope no one followed her. She desires friendship, but is much too timid around others. Anyone who stumbles upon her garden unknown is met up with a fight. If she wins, she'll offer tea and medical atention."

"Manipulation of sun sounds very powerful, but it's really just the control of heat and light. Although this does allow her to blind others."

In short, his character shares similiarities with Yuuka, and loves flowers. Thundr himself also loves medical stuff, so you could do something with that too. I hope you'll do him (and me) a pleasure and take the time to make his character. He'd defiantly appreciate it, and I can't wait to see his surprised reaction :*

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2010, 09:55:20 PM »
He'd defiantly appreciate it, and I can't wait to see his surprised reaction :*

Err....Okashii...Why did you do this? Now I'm embarrassed again....But I do appreciate you coming out like this....

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2010, 10:03:45 PM »
Err....Okashii...Why did you do this? Now I'm embarrassed again....But I do appreciate you coming out like this....

Well, since you wanted a Touhousona (and I got one from sheer dumb luck) I tried to surprise you with a 'present' and help you out :* Since you were to shy to ask yourself, I figured maybe I should ask in your stead :D

....though I did question myself if I should've told you before hand or not. If I did, there'd be no more surprise, but if I didn't you might get mad at me.... in the end I thought the 'not telling you' option would be best in the long run, since you might have rejected the idea, giving zero chance of the creation of a Thundr Touhou (...okay, not completely 0%. Slaves might pop in and make one for you anyway...)

But in short I did it with the best intentions.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:13:18 PM by OkashiiKisei »

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2010, 06:24:00 AM »
Of course, y'all have to wait for a while, as Gappy has been abducted by her college. The search party is on their way, so we hope she'll be back soon.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2010, 10:44:13 AM »
Of course, y'all have to wait for a while, as Gappy has been abducted by her college. The search party is on their way, so we hope she'll be back soon.

^

Unfortunately, this. I'll be happy to fulfill the request...as soon as I'm done with work aaaaand I get the other requests out of the way. XD

Sorry for the inconvenience ^^

Though your request seems interesting and since I do this on a first-interest-first-serve basis, you might just skip the queue...maybe. Work a little on the character relationships and I might draw both your characters together.

Btw, it wasn't 'rage' XD Just plain disappointment ^^;; But let's not discuss it. As far as we're concerned, everything in relation to that never happened.