Author Topic: [Art] Gappy's Pointlessly Artistic Gap - Mind the gaping gap in my creativity~  (Read 51956 times)

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
but a bunch of /jp/ rejects that want to masturbate to Touhou-style versions of themselves."

I hate the world. I HATE it so much.

* Solaiston Beam explodes slowly.

...And that quote probably True for ALL RPG players in the World, right.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 08:58:10 PM by Solaiston Beam »

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
all the more insetive to actualy work on the game, so we can proove people who think like that wrong!
Wotters gonna' wot

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Not Ijiyatsu, right?

And the justification was that if outsiders came to see, quote on quote, "what was highly advertised as the "Ijiyatsu project," they'd not see a game in production but a bunch of /jp/ rejects that want to masturbate to Touhou-style versions of themselves."

Thing is, the main problem here is that the two are near indistinguishable, especially to those not in the know. So no, I'd rather not disgrace the game and MotK any further with my work. Much better that way, I think. ^^

Y'know, that quote didn't come from someone actually working on the game, right? Still, I understand where Letty's coming from, because the term 'Ijiyatsu' got overgeneralized -really- quickly. Separate projects became indistinguishable because every creative endeavor under the sun conceived by the forum about the forum picked up the moniker 'Ijiyatsu', with absolutely no way to tell them apart.

And 'Disgrace the game and MotK'? Come on now. There's no reason to act like a martyr when you crumpled and closed up shop from one biting remark by Letty, when you could have mounted up some kind of opposition or gotten a second opinion. You damn well know that your art was appreciated by denizens here, else you wouldn't have continued it as long as you did.

It's much easier to get swept away by the current than fight against it, but rarely is it the best course of action.

/end topic.

Parsed.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
It's much easier to get swept away by the current than fight against it, but rarely is it the best course of action.

You stole that from Serp >:<

Regardless, this isn't the time or place for this conversation. I expect to talk to the both of you on IRC about this when I get home. That goes for everyone here; this is an art thread, after all, not a discussion. (Though, I am not opposed to text and pictures. Eh.)

ON TOPIC: Draw Byakuren. Because I know you just loooooooove her so much. >:D

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Draw the BLUE BADGER, ALLY OF PEACE.

Draw Muffin with a "JUST AS PLANNED" smirk.

And the kanji for "Soudai (splendid) desu."

Gpop

Sorry, I forgot to tell you, I've been asked to stop doing anything ijiyatsu-related so all requests have been cancelled. My deepest apologies ^^;;

I have an unfinished pic of iji-pop, maybe I can upload that later.

Ah if you're really dragged down by the rule you could just PM it to me.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Nobu, thanks, but no need for us to repeat the discussion in the staff forum ^^. I think the discussion's consensus was that everything should be put on hold. Besides, I'm not one for conflict. One side folding saves a lot of trouble.

I rest my case. Enough of the unpleasant stuff ^^

Here are a few unfinished pics. Unfortunately I couldn't find the koipop WIP I had. I'll look around for it. But here are the other unfinished stuff that are now put on hold indefinitely.

An unfinished birthday gift + librarian squad request all in one ^^ I was intending on inking this and colouring it in XD

An unfinished pic of the forum's favourite couple~ MJP's face needs far more work, unfortunately.

This was a rework of Trance's design. Incomplete.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:00:43 PM by Gappy »

Solais

• Developer fairy
I already told you, but your art is still gorgeous.

Also, I'm somehow happy about the "being on hold till the game is done", because it means it will continue, after the game is done. :V

Also I would have a personal request, it's somewhat connected to Iji, but it won't be for the public just... ahhhh, I'm bad at this ><

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
An unfinished birthday gift + librarian squad request all in one ^^ I was intending on inking this and colouring it in XD
:*
That's so nice. Could you tell me who's supposed to be who there (some are obvious, but there's some I can't recognize)? Because I want to use those designs as a basis when I continue the Librarian stories. (Also, do I count nine people there? Who's number nine?)

It's a bit of a shame that it won't be finished, and I would like to argue that the Librarians is about MotK, not Iji (I'll make that really clear in events of the next chapter), but meh. Don't want to get you into trouble with my selfishness.  ;)

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
There's Ruro at the top holding Justicia, the flag, and a katana. On her left (from our perspective) is Yumemi Okazaki, on her right is Shikieiki Yamaxanadu. Right underneath her, on the left is Sakana, on the left is Roukanken. Immediately below Yumemi is Chaore (I've drawn Chaore's iji-design once). Beside her, from left to right, is Sen the Sage, Esifex and Tyltalis. I haven't drawn Copyright in yet.

This was the last piece I drew before the project was frozen XD

Dead Princess Sakana

Ah, so that's two Touhou characters right there, wasn't too sure about that. Makes sense if it was planned as a birthday gift for Ruro ^^

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Ah, so that's two Touhou characters right there, wasn't too sure about that. Makes sense if it was planned as a birthday gift for Ruro ^^

Well, Yumemi wasn't obvious, but I was hoping Shiki would be ^^;;

Dead Princess Sakana

Well, Yumemi wasn't obvious, but I was hoping Shiki would be ^^;;
Shiki is obvious, I just wasn't even expecting Touhou-characters there, so I had to ask >_<

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Oh, I forgot to mention, this was supposed to be a pic of Ruro leading some sort of gargantuan army to some epic battle. The background was supposed to feature ground and air legions stretching far back into the distance, 300 style. I wasn't sure what battle though ^^;;

Some sort of patchcon-ish battle, maybe?

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Oh Gappy imouto... I didn't say I was stopping because Letty, but I did stop because after Byakuren's drawing I am tired of drawing somehow.

I needed a break.
I hope you will continue to draw ne? Don't mind the staff, I am sure because it was clarified to me they didn't mean anything to say 'please stop drawing we don't like it' okay?

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Oh, sorry for assuming, Neesama ^^;;

And no worries, Neesama, I will definitely continue drawing ^^

Just not ijiyatsu or anything that might be confused with being ijiyatsu ^^;; I've decided I won't touch it again except for the occasional exceptional circumstance. I've had enough of all the mean words XD

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Well, I didn't think it was mean at all directed especially at you.

the reason being it applies to all of us. We did somehow, at least at a very basic stage changed the course of the entire project and well, it wasn't all that pretty if you know what I mean.

Nonetheless, however you feel like it, do PM me and we can talk about this and that etc etc.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Re: [Art] Gappy's Pointlessly Artistic Gap - Project Touhou Myoushugatari
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2010, 06:11:19 PM »

We're back! And now with a whole new venture! 東方 妙手語 - Touhou Myoushugatari - Mysterious Tales of Masters of Strange and Dark Destiny - A Gensokyo Online Project. Yes, for those of you who have heard of Project GO last year, the development is coming to fruition with our finished product - Touhou Myoushugatari, which will be entering beta testing phase soon. For those of you who haven't heard...please wait warmly, a whole new adventure is now preparing~

In anticipation of the new project, I'm resuming the original character design request service. Yes, it'll essentially be just like before...just for a completely different project. I've already received 4 requests for this so there'll be a bit of a queue, so please be patient ^^

Notes on artwork:
While they were originally intended to supplement project Ijiyatsu, due to certain misunderstandings with the development team and new terms that have come into force, the character designs and art posted above are no longer part of project Ijiyatsu. For all intents and purposes, we are in no way affiliated with the Ijiyatsu project.

They are now solely intended for 東方 妙手語 - Touhou Myoushugatari - Mysterious Tales of Masters of Strange and Dark Destiny, a Gensokyo Online Project. The details of the project will be made public soon.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:20:29 PM by Neko-Gappy »

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »
Heh, nice to see you found a solution. \(^_^)/
In that case, might I kindly request that Librarian picture again?

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2010, 06:23:13 PM »
Mmmm, well I have to say that this is an acceptable compromise in my eyes~  Glad to see you're giving this another go.  It's been a rather... Disheartening few weeks, to be honest, but it's great that you haven't given up on your art.  Really, this idea makes me worry about you a little less, so it's all good~

Um... Ahah, you know I'm terrible at making requests, but, um... I mean, you've already drawn me before, so I'd understand if you prioritized others over me, but, uh, if you could, uh, draw me, I'd much appreciate it.  Um, by that I mean me as you see me, not as my Ijiyatsu art portrays me.  I'd just like to see your interpretation, that's all~  You know how much I love your art and all, so, um, yeah... Ahah~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2010, 06:28:18 PM »
[size=9]o/[/size]

I Cannot Wait!!I Cannot Wait!!I Cannot Wait!!I Cannot Wait!!I Cannot Wait!!I Cannot Wait!!
I Cannot Wait!!I Cannot Wait!!I Cannot Wait!!I Cannot Wait!!I Cannot Wait!!I Cannot Wait!!

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
So you finally brought it out, huh gap hag. Either way, I'll be waiting to see where this goes and jump in on it when things really start cooking.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2010, 08:34:59 PM »
An interesting turn of events. I'm not sure how to feel about this, but it is not one of low minding.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2010, 09:53:59 PM »
This sounds awesome. Even if I likely won't have anything to do with it.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2010, 02:09:06 AM »
Good to see a solution was found. :D An online RPG, huh... sounds very interesting.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Gpop

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2010, 02:16:41 AM »
So then you'll finish that drawing of Gpop?

Matsuri

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2010, 02:56:58 AM »
So this way, you can carry on with your MotK-Touhou character art/bios/stories? That's great! :)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2010, 03:44:28 AM »
This solution seems quite good Gappy. Still on for my request of a drawing? And do you need any information from me to fill in for you?

EDIT: Derp. I somehow missed the entry on the first page. I'm silly :S.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 12:24:35 AM by UncertainKitten »

Valentinya

• Does not play well with others
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2010, 06:13:10 AM »
That really is a pretty nice solution. I'm definitely glad to see you're feeling better now! ^_^