Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?  (Read 150376 times)

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »
Previous thread: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,12762.0.html

Spent a good minute looking for the quote button, good grief.

Regarding Ephemerality 137 - I found shooting the familiars to be immensely helpful, even with the Border Team. You can take out about three of them, which makes quite a difference as far as the bullet density is concerned since those familiars can leave some very viable gaps if destroyed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:09:08 PM by Lepetit89 »

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 12:21:05 AM »
Someone can give me some tips about:

* Utsuho's first spellcard, I dodge dodge dodge but always I get myself trapped by the blue bullets in the middle of the red bubbles;
* Yukari's first and second nonspell attacks: Sometimes it's pretty easy to dodge, start at 3/4 of the screen at the right of the screen and keep tapping to the left, but sometimes it becomes pretty tough, the "safepoint" between the kunai lines disappears and then I'm scr@wed;
* Shou's green spinning lasers spellcard: Welp
* Shou's last spellcard on Double Spoiler: That lasers are too fast :o
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:50:55 AM »
Someone can give me some tips about:

* Utsuho's first spellcard, I dodge dodge dodge but always I get myself trapped by the blue bullets in the middle of the red bubbles;
* Yukari's first and second nonspell attacks: Sometimes it's pretty easy to dodge, start at 3/4 of the screen at the right of the screen and keep tapping to the left, but sometimes it becomes pretty tough, the "safepoint" between the kunai lines disappears and then I'm scr@wed;

* There's not really a trick there other than misdirecting the huge balls one far from the other, or just staying still somewhere so the two huge balls will take the same path. I've always bombed that anyway. :V
* You shouldn't just tap. It is a lot of streaming indeed, but you should stay away from the stream because random kunais will show up. So it's a mix between slow streaming and very basic dodge, which you should find the gap yourself if you get trapped.
* If you're playing Hard/Lunatic, it's just bullshit. Bomb if you feel the laser's gonna hit you. Reimu-B helps there. Its difference between Normal and Hard is just ridiculous.
* Dunno, I never played DS. :V

Spoiler:
Sorry for not helping much, I just wanted to post so I'll get reply notifications. :V

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 04:01:34 AM »
Just alternate between one side and right under Utsuho, and go through blue bullet gaps as you see them.  It's a tough card, but at full power any shot type (except MarisaA) you'll kill it in 2 bombs.
Circle, be aggressive with going through gaps.  Bomb in actual runs.
What I do here is take the photo are Shou starts shooting the lasers clockwise, and stream up through a "lane" of counterclockwise lasers.  It's not perfect as bad movement will sometimes kill you, but it's worked for me.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:13:19 PM »
I'm trying out this sort-of-new Danmakufu game The Last Comer for the first time today. I have to wonder, is the Stage 1 Lunatic opener supposed to be unusually difficult with anyone but Sakuya? Or am I just doing something wrong? Sure, Marisa's lack of a spread shot understandably makes it worse, but Reimu's spread shot also seems rather weak. Anything I'm missing here?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 01:52:15 AM »
Ah thanks for the tips. Please gimme some tips about Utsuho's second Spell card too, the other ones I think that I can handle :o

* Dunno, I never played DS. :V

You should play, it's interesting,
Spoiler:
you can see Momiji with Spellcards  :)
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Flan27

• I like bullets.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 01:08:34 PM »
I'm trying out this sort-of-new Danmakufu game The Last Comer for the first time today. I have to wonder, is the Stage 1 Lunatic opener supposed to be unusually difficult with anyone but Sakuya? Or am I just doing something wrong? Sure, Marisa's lack of a spread shot understandably makes it worse, but Reimu's spread shot also seems rather weak. Anything I'm missing here?

I've never played lunatic mode, but regardless you should always play as Sakuya, she's OP.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 09:48:02 PM »
Ah thanks for the tips. Please gimme some tips about Utsuho's second Spell card too, the other ones I think that I can handle :o
There are two parts to this spell imo :
- dodge the sun bullets : learn how they shrink and stay near the bottom to have more space.
- dodge the small bullets : the annoying part, as they move quite randomly and can be hidden by the suns. Nothing but quick read-and-dodge here, I'd say.

In a full run, I would be ready to bomb it at any moment.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 02:57:57 AM »
- Are the laser and bullet arrays in Young Demon Lord always static with respect to each other? If not, how the hell do I manage this except through prayer?

- I'm seeing several Scarlet Meister strategies and I don't know which is more successful. I had good luck twice or three times with the old "start on the right, move left two waves, left right left right" strat but I'm wondering if large movements and starting on the left might be easier.

- With the thick bubble wave on Gensokyo should I cut through at some point or just follow the lanes all the way to the left?

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 10:45:15 PM »
Are the curvy paths of AB bullets in Nitori's first spellcard as a boss on Hard/Lunatic static? I feel like I could capture this shit a lot more consistently if my strategy didn't consist of "welp shit spot looks moderately okay oops nevermind i'm trapped :V"

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 11:07:48 PM »
yeah, you can memorize it. they are 100% static. the big balls are obviously aimed. nitori's movement is often the same, but overall pretty random.

Drake

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 12:27:34 AM »
Nitori does direct herself towards you though, so you can basically go anywhere and you're fine.
Just throw yourself into the concave side of a squiggle and all the crap around you misses.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 04:40:03 AM »
From the few PoDD runs I've done I noticed that in all of them Chiyuri loves to completely destroy me no matter what, I find her to be even harder than Yumemi. So does anyone have any tips for fighting her? And also any tips for dealing with chiyuri's glitch where one can't use a bomb while using her special attack? That glitch tends to ruin some rounds more than once.

Playing Normal/Hard by the way

Zil

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 07:20:25 AM »
The character you're using will probably have a big influence on the strategy you want to use. In general though, you should wait on one side of the screen (left is slightly preferable) when you can, so that if a big wall comes at you, you can rush to the other side. Try not to get trapped by lasers, sticking to whichever side gives you the most room, though in particular it's better to be trapped against the wall rather than in the middle of the screen. Also remember that the lasers can't actually hit you until they've fully formed, so you can easily cross over them as they're appearing. Try to have a charge attack ready whenever you get trapped, in case a big cluster of fireballs comes right down at you. They're semi-aimed, so it's extremely likely that they will.

About the spell attacks, clearly you'll want to start streaming from one side if you can, so watch out for the warnings the game gives you, and also remember that whenever lots of crap gets reflected, she might just trigger one through spell points. Then, while you'll probably want to stream as slowly as possible, it's usually a bad idea to stay in one place for very long in this game, so what's especially important is that you cross over any lasers that appear ahead of you while you're streaming the spell, rather than trying to make your movements small enough to finish before you reach it. And being pushed up against the wall isn't actually the end of the world. You can stream her spells by moving straight up the walls. If a bunch of bullets comes at you while you're doing that, you can usually avoid it by rushing further up, or moving a bit left or right. (Bullets from above will almost never come at the same time as the bullets from the far corner.) The one thing that will screw you over though is fireballs, so what you absolutely have to be sure to do is have a charge attack ready to deal with them. (And the ability to safely move straight up is why it's much better to be trapped against the wall than trapped in the middle of the field.)

Now about the boss attack - She has more health than any other boss in the game, and her teleporting makes her extremely hard to hit. Also, she attacks immediately after appearing, giving you almost no time to get an easy close range charge attack on her. (With Mima for instance you just don't have enough time.) Because of all of that, it's very difficult to destroy her, and you basically never want to risk taking a hit. (Against most bosses, it's probably worth risking a hit if you're sure you can get rid of the boss before taking another.) So I'd say to bomb at the slightest sign of danger. Like, if she does that spam of random crap everywhere, just bomb immediately. Then, if you have a slow charge attack (you should always hit bosses with a charge attack when you bomb), wait for her to teleport, then hit her with the charge attack. Otherwise she may teleport right before you hit her. Doesn't help that she can usually survive even a bomb + charge attack, so also shoot her as much as you can after that as well. (Also, depending on which character you're using, a very risky thing you can do to get rid of her, is to use a level 2 spell of your own, hope she reflects it, then reflect it back to her, ideally earning enough spell points to trigger your own boss attack, repelling Chiyuri's. I'd say to do that only if you're out of bombs and nowhere near a full gauge, or are certain that you can't handle her boss's attacks at all. It's extremely risky because not only can you simply screw yourself over instantly, but even if it "works" you've not only put your own boss on Chiyuri's field (always dangerous) but you've created a shitstorm in the process, so there'll be lasers and fireballs everywhere. Really I'd say you shouldn't even try that. I'm just mentioning it for the sake of... completeness or something.)

If you're unfortunate enough to be out of bombs or hypers, then my best advice for dealing with her boss attack is to stay under her. Don't try to run to the corner. (Do that if you get a wall of crap while you're under her, but don't start in the corner.) All of her attacks are easier to dodge if the bullets aren't coming at you diagonally. It's also easier to shield yourself with the enemies, and most importantly, to destroy them right as they move over the boss, hopefully reflecting all of her bullets at once.

About her boss's attacks themselves - The two that are made of only white pellets are both completely static. The zig-zaggy one can be done by alternating left and right. The next row's bullets are basically aimed into the gaps of the previous one. The other one, with the gigantic walls of pellets, is very easy as long as you're right under her. Then she has two are other attacks, both of which use those blue bubble bullets. The one that just shoots a big ring is pretty fast, and it's not static, just in case you suspected that it is. (This attack and the second pellet one both have a bit more delay before she uses them. So if she seems to sit there a bit longer than usual, you know she's going to do one of these.) Then her fourth attack has bubbles and pellets, and it's a total nightmare. Totally random. Nothing aimed or whatever. IIRC, the bubbles are actually missing at lower levels, and the pellets are kind of slow, so maybe it's not quite as bad, though it can be very cluttered in that case, and she can start the next attack before those bullets are gone. Try to keep hitting her with charge attacks as you dodge this (and the first attack I mentioned). That will make sure that you destroy enemies right on top of her and protects you from fireballs. (Unless you're Ellen or some shit. Then just pray.)

And dealing with the bomb glitch, just don't use charge attacks in risky situations, I guess. (If you're dealing with Chiyuri's boss attack, you probably should have bombed before trying to dodge anyway.) Also remember that you can bomb before letting go of the shot button, so you can just hang onto the charge attack if you think you'll need to bomb. And Marisa also has that glitch going for her, in case you didn't know.

... uh. Holy crap I didn't mean to write that much. Sorry!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:30:29 AM by Zil »

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 07:04:55 PM »
Wow, thanks for all that, I actually find that long wall really really helpful, so thanks for writing all of that. I'll keep it all in mind.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 02:04:40 AM »
Guys? Can't any of you help me with the spell cards I mentioned a few posts ago?

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 06:11:15 AM »
...and I thought by now I knew how to play PoDD.  Several things there I'd never realized or thought about.

Seconding PMW: thanks a lot for the post, Zil.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Zil

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 06:52:25 AM »
Glad to hear it was comprehensible, let alone helpful. I'm always happy to blither about PoDD.

RNG: I think the lasers are static for the first spell. Starting on the left is probably better for Meister. I'm not sure what you're asking with the third question.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 10:23:12 AM »
- Are the laser and bullet arrays in Young Demon Lord always static with respect to each other? If not, how the hell do I manage this except through prayer?
There are 2 types of spaces. When in doubt, sit in the circular type, not in the coffin type.
Then, because the bullet array is static, there will be a space beside the bubble for sure.

- With the thick bubble wave on Gensokyo should I cut through at some point or just follow the lanes all the way to the left?
Wouldn't following it to the left take longer to kill her? I just cut through without much problem.
The hard part is that immediately after you clear bubble, things could go very bad - like those giant walls that occasionally pop up which I can't deal with.

redlakitu

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 08:21:54 PM »
Glad to hear it was comprehensible, let alone helpful. I'm always happy to blither about PoDD.
In this case, may I request a tiny bit of advice concerning Yumemi? Anything would be helpful, really. You see, I decided to try PoDD Normal today (my first or second time) and went no-miss through stages 1-8, then Yumemi murdered me mercilessly. Is there any set amount of time you need to survive before hoping to defeat her, anyway? And does the fight get any easier with further attempts?

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 12:34:59 AM »
Is there some sort of trick to Ground Serpent? Seems entirely luck-based.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 01:25:10 AM »
The snakes come in a fixed and 'circular' fashion. (W->NE->S->NW->E->SW->N->SE->W->...)
You'll have to find a circular route around Kanako where you can dodge the snakes with minimum annoyance.

The one I used is to dodge the first snake downwards and go around Kanako clockwise, going 90 degrees every six snakes, so you can meet the (6n+1)th snake head-on.
A replay might be more useful.
Signature

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 01:49:59 AM »
The snakes come in a fixed and 'circular' fashion. (W->NE->S->NW->E->SW->N->SE->W->...)
You'll have to find a circular route around Kanako where you can dodge the snakes with minimum annoyance.

The one I used is to dodge the first snake downwards and go around Kanako clockwise, going 90 degrees every six snakes, so you can meet the (6n+1)th snake head-on.
A replay might be more useful.

Awesome, thanks a bunch.  :)

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:19 AM »
I'm having trouble with capturing Hourai Doll, despite best efforts. Please help this poor soul.
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Zil

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »
In this case, may I request a tiny bit of advice concerning Yumemi? Anything would be helpful, really. You see, I decided to try PoDD Normal today (my first or second time) and went no-miss through stages 1-8, then Yumemi murdered me mercilessly. Is there any set amount of time you need to survive before hoping to defeat her, anyway? And does the fight get any easier with further attempts?

Alright. First of all, the way things work on Normal (maybe I should have mentioned this before) is that the stages start off very slowly, and as time goes on everything gets faster and the enemies get healthier. Most of the time, the AI doesn't live long enough for the game to reach top speed. Yumemi of course lasts an extremely long time, and the speed doesn't completely reset after you've lost to her, so the game itself actually plays a lot differently against her than it does against the earlier opponents. Since her own attacks aren't overly dangerous, I suspect that the difference in speed is likely what causes people to get destroyed by her on Normal, while they find the rest of the game comparably easy. So I think what's most important is getting accustomed to the higher speed and healthier enemies. You'll need much different timing when destroying enemies to reflect fireballs, mainly because there's a significant difference in the way the enemies chain themselves. In the early game they work kind of like PoFV fairies, and the explosion from the first one quickly burns through the entire formation. Against Yumemi they start acting more like they do in PoDD's Lunatic mode, where the explosion effect stays in one place as the enemies quickly rush in to "renew" it. It's also much easier to get suddenly walled by fireballs, since they'll be moving so much faster. I'm not really sure what the best way to practice dealing with that is, but playing a bit on Hard/Lunatic couldn't hurt, I guess. To be honest, when I play Normal, even with my countless hours of practice with Lunatic, I still think the shift in speed that happens against Yumemi is pretty jarring.

Anyway, about Yumemi herself. Her spell attack is aimed at you, and if you're moving around as it's fired, it'll be a nightmare to get through it. Whenever she uses a spell attack, you should stop moving, get a charge attack ready, and just sidestep after the bullets are fired. I can't really stress enough how important it is to use a charge attack in these situations where you're forced to stop moving. Always use a charge attack as you go through Yumemi's spell attacks, because there will be fireballs coming straight down at you. Also, while you shouldn't move horizontally as the bullets are being fired, it's okay to move up a down a bit if you have to, since that won't really mess up the spell's aim very much.

Her boss attack is pretty annoying to deal with. She attacks slowly, but she's constantly moving, she's very healthy, and she barely shoots any pellets, so you can't reflect her away. She has five attacks, and I guess I'll try to describe each of them. First, there's one that shoots star bullets in a spiral-ish pattern. (Shinki stole it in Mystic Square.) While it's totally static with two possible orientations, clockwise or counter-clockwise, you probably don't need to know that for Normal. It's one of her easiest attacks since the walls don't connect like they do on Lunatic. Then there's another where she shoots stars off the top of the screen and they just fall randomly. There's nothing predictable about it. (Something that's kind of interesting is that if you destroy her as she's shooting the bullets up, they won't fall back down after she's gone.) Both of these have no reflectable elements at all, so you're really just forced to evade them.

Now these next two look similar at first, but it's very important that you be able to tell which is which as soon as she starts using them. Both start with her aiming a thin laser beam at you. First, the targeted cross attack. The delay before she uses this is higher than it is for any other attack, so she'll seem to keep floating around for a bit longer than usual. Then she stops moving and aims the laser at you, and you should immediately notice that the laser follows you when you move around. There are a number of ways you can misdirect the crosses, and the best method will depend on how much room you have. If you're somewhere in the middle of the screen (and probably will be), then try to move midway up the screen, then across to one side, and from there you can kind of "stream" the crosses back across the screen. (Again, it's just generally good to keep moving left and right, and only stay on one side for as long as you have to.) If you don't move up and instead just try to rush to the side, she might start spawning the crosses as you go, and they'll block the path behind you, trapping you in the corner. If you moved up before you rushed across then you can easily back up and pass underneath any crosses that started spawning. Then as you stream them across the bottom you can move in a few quick lurches, since the crosses don't materialize very quickly. Don't just run charge straight to other side or they might trap you if they aren't done spawning. So if you have enough room, that's probably how you should deal with that attack. If your space is really limited though, you can try to stream the crosses diagonally. With just some very tiny taps you'll keep ahead of them, since the arms won't be hitting you. Try to start this from as high up as possible (always easy to back up) and stream downward, rather than starting at the bottom and gradually moving up. Unfortunately, if your movement was limited to begin with, you'll probably end up starting this at the bottom of the screen. It's unpleasant, and leaves you very vulnerable, so try to avoid having to dodge them that way.

Now the other attack with the targeting laser can be identified by seeing that the laser doesn't follow you after being initially aimed. For this one you just want to get the hell out of the way, since she fires a big beam of bullets in that direction. She actually stops moving for a bit when she does this, and some of the bullets she fires are reflectable, so this is probably the attack that leaves her the most open to charge attacks or being reflected. So this looks similar to the cross attack at first but be sure you identify which one it is before she fires.

And the last attack is fairly ridiculous. Just a huge spam of random crap. (On Lunatic, the game usually hits the bullet limit whenever she does this.) She's even constantly moving when she does it so it's almost impossible to reflect it away, since she'll just move out of the explosion. I'd treat this like Chiyuri's thing and just bomb it always. Or maybe it's easier on Normal. I think the bullets might be extremely slow or something, but then you still have the issue of barely being able to move. Well, bomb if it's going to hit you, I guess. ;)

And now really. I was expecting this post to be much shorter than the other one, but I rambled again.

Oh, and about your other questions. I'm not really sure how long you have to last to beat her, and it depends a lot on your character. I'm pretty sure the time gets shorter as you lose to her, though the bullets won't get slower like they do in PoFV. And don't expect to win the first round.

I'm having trouble with capturing Hourai Doll, despite best efforts. Please help this poor soul.
Move in a clockwise circle to avoid the aimed bullets. Beyond that I'm not sure what to say about it.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 07:01:55 PM »
A little late, but...

The lasers are static, the bullets are static, both of them together aren't static. By the way: I'm pretty sure it isn't possible to be boxed in by YDL unless you're stuck in a small area and get unlucky with the bullets.

- I'm seeing several Scarlet Meister strategies and I don't know which is more successful. I had good luck twice or three times with the old "start on the right, move left two waves, left right left right" strat but I'm wondering if large movements and starting on the left might be easier.
If you move right and then left (for each wave)("start at her right"), you'll have less leftover bullets by the time the wave is over but that's because she shoots at you immediately, which means you have to be quick. I'm pretty sure starting at her right IS the best strategy is you're quick.

Not sure if I understand your question, but knowing the bubble hitboxes is key. It should never be impossible to stay directly under her when she fires the dense wave, even if she's close to the center of the screen. It means you have only a few pixels to do it, but eh. That kind of situation is mildly rare though -- most of the time you have plenty of room during the center. You could always move to the side anyway, which is easier than it seems for most people.

Oh, actually, if your question is "when should I cut through lanes", it's when you see a mass of bullets headed your way! Even if it's small (or a very small wall), cutting through lanes isn't that hard, and if you want to survive the big walls you'll have to move from one end of the screen to another anyway.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:04:58 PM by BT »

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 03:37:51 AM »
As Zil said, move in a clockwise direction. The most dangerous part of the card is circling up when the small rice circles are being fired. It takes a bit of practice to figure out where on the screen you should circle, because circling too high will force you to make some very tight dodges. I think I do it at around the lower middle area of the screen, but the nature of the card makes it kind of hard to give proper directions. If you're really looking for a clear, know that because Mokou's wings have a hitbox, using Alice actually kills Mokou faster than using Border team. Against Hourai Doll, this means you won't see the final phases of the attack if you use Alice.

As far as I can tell, YDL is static based on Remi's position. Every part of it. However, she does move up and down on the screen, so there isn't really a foolproof way to do it every time. You should get as far away from her as possible if she moves down on the screen. If you sit under her, the laser array won't disappear in time for you to be able to find a good place to dodge the actual bullets. Don't e greedy with damage on that card.

Got nothing for Meister. It's still a dumb luck card for me.

I'm not the best person to ask for Gensokyo, but if you mean the one where Remi fires out a huge wave of bubble bullets that pretty much cover the screen, I always cut in between. Either way though, Gensokyo is just one of those cards where you really need to move around the screen, and there isn't too much strategy to it other than not always trying to sit under Remi. Read and dodge.

redlakitu

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 12:08:25 PM »
@Zil - thanks! I'll do my best to put your advice to good use.  One thing I'm wondering about, though...

the speed doesn't completely reset after you've lost to her
I'm pretty sure the time gets shorter as you lose to her [...] And don't expect to win the first round.

So if I reach Yumemi with a few extra lives, would it make sense to repeatedly suicide as fast as possible until I'm on my last life, then fight her properly?

Zil

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »
Definitely not. It's still going to end up being as fast as possible, and you're throwing away all of your chances at winning. Maybe an instant suicide in the first round could help you slightly, but I don't know, since I've never tried it. Even if you think the first round is worth giving up, you should really go all out for all of the others, since it's very possible to win each of them. (And think of the points you'd be losing!)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »
Zil, in my experience, you are the only one thinking about the point when playing PoDD :V

but yeah, I think it's a lot like PoFV in that regard. don't waste your chances in the second, third, fourth etc round. such a risky tactic is actually bound to make you lose. imagine you get unlucky or simply play like shit in the particular round you bet you victory on. it'll end in a terrifying manner for you. :V