Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?  (Read 152107 times)

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Re: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?
« Reply #570 on: February 16, 2014, 09:17:25 PM »
I'm kind of stuck on Scene 6-2 of StB. It's the only scene I have left for Levels 1 to 6, but the final phase just seems to be impossible for whatever reason.  :ohdear:
I had a replay of this spell lying around for whichever reason, so...

A) I dodged this from near the top center of the screen.  There's more room to maneuver (i.e. the bullets don't reach you before the slowdown).
B) I used unfocused speed to dodge through the lanes.  It takes a light touch to do it and it makes the attack take for-ever since you're not charging, but that's what it takes to...
C) ...move proactively through the bullets as they approach you.  On the last wave I didn't necessarily make it past all of the bullets during the slowdown, but as long as you're aware that's a possibility you can get ready to make a quick dodge after the time snap.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #571 on: February 18, 2014, 01:05:45 AM »
I'm taking on EoSD Extra atm and Patchy is getting on my last nerve..... i mainly have 2 problems:

1) Royal Flare: i can dodge without problems 3/4 of the spell, up until she send out 3 rings of bullets close to each other and immediately after some random bullets FASTER than the rings. I dodge the 3 rings but not even a second later i'm almost always hit by the faster single bullets.... making me rage quite a lot since the lifebar is almost gone. Is there any good way to avoid this or i just have to suck it up and better my fast-paced dodging?

2) Philosopher's Stone: i'm almost always gradually pushed to the side until i have to bomb or die.... and i don't know how to counter it.

One last thing: i've seen in videos 2 ways of dealing with Flandre's Maze of Love: going around in circles using the breaks in the walls or staying at the bottom middle and weaving through the small spaces between the bullets of the walls. Which one do you think is safer/easier? (atm i lean toward NEITHER :D )

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #572 on: February 18, 2014, 01:36:21 AM »
Going around Flandre is MUCH easier than trying to go through the walls.

As for Royal Flare...it's the same every time, and with all shots barring ReimuA you can kill the card before the wave you describe, I believe.  Just stay udner Patchy the whole time and it's dies fast.
Philosophers Stone looks like a random dodging card, and it is.  But some components are aimed/loosely aimed, so starting halfway up the screen and moving down before moving sideways makes it a lot less threatening.

Remember that Patchy does take bomb damage, so if you usually die to these, there's no shame in bombing one or both.

« Reply #573 on: February 18, 2014, 03:33:55 AM »
@Royal Flare:
If you're using Marisa A, you can cheese this by just sitting in the bottom-center of the screen, dodge the first two rings vertically and capture it. If not, dodge the first two rings, and when Patchouli start generating the second wave, there's this special spot where you should run to, then go back to the middle along with the flow of bullets and dodge the next rings - the bullets are faster than the previous wave, but they are way less dense, thus, easier to dodge. You should capture it with any shot type if you do it correctly.

@Philosopher's Stone:
If it's your first clear attempt, I strongly recommend that you just bomb it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:37:59 AM by Luizsan »

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #574 on: February 19, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »
Is there a rank system in IN? Rising World feels much faster when playing through the stage compared to in spellcard practice  :wat:

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #575 on: February 19, 2014, 02:14:40 PM »
No there isn't. Rank was abandoned after PCB

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #576 on: February 19, 2014, 02:36:15 PM »
Thought so. Wonder if its actually faster or if I'm just imagining it :V
Could just be RNG giving me more faster bullets or something else RNG related too.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #577 on: February 20, 2014, 10:49:33 PM »
Thank to your help i now almost always capture Royal Flare and roughly half the time Philosopher Stone too! ^^
The problem now is ...... Maze of Love  :(

I've tried both methods but neither worked till now.... how do you deal with it? (besides bombing the heck out of it  :V )

Zil

« Reply #578 on: February 20, 2014, 10:57:38 PM »
Practice. It's the same every time.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #579 on: February 20, 2014, 10:58:59 PM »
I need help with Yuuka's Last phase in LLS on Lunatic. I can beat it, but I for once want to capture it without bombing 2X. >.<

Zil

« Reply #580 on: February 20, 2014, 11:29:24 PM »
It's possible to dodge it at max rank. Otherwise it's basically impossible.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #581 on: February 20, 2014, 11:44:55 PM »
It's possible to dodge it at max rank. Otherwise it's basically impossible.

Well that makes a lot more sense now, thanks now I don't have to struggle as much.  :)

« Reply #582 on: February 21, 2014, 03:04:14 AM »
Okay, I get Source of Rains and it's actually very fun. The only attack I still don't get is Kanako's opening nonspell. It's so fast I feel like there should be a trick, but all the replays I've seen just seem like crazy dodging. Is there a method to beating this? Or is it just I need more practice?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #583 on: February 21, 2014, 03:19:22 AM »
It's pretty much just reading and dodging, no real trick to it.  The method I used for before I could reliably read it was to look 3 rings ahead and line up with that, and repeat the process.  I'd still get outpaced and have to get a bit lucky to avoid it near the end, but it was more reliable then trying to read and dodge everything.

Alternatively, just bomb it once.  The life on it is low enough and the following spell is simple enough that the bomb shouldn't be wasted.

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #584 on: February 22, 2014, 09:57:45 PM »
I need help with "Fantasy Heaven". I know it's static, but dodging those bullets at ~13 sec seems to be beyond my capability :(
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #585 on: February 22, 2014, 09:59:31 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=32190
Here's how I do it.

Essentially, every wave I have a method of redirecting to make it a non-threat (wave 5 into wave 6 is an interesting case in that I couldn't find a way to avoid going around it, so I go through it).  The last few waves, going up into the center looks really risky but it's not, as the next wave can be streamed down left-and then the final dodges can be done with a few taps left.
Fantasy Heaven from a bit ago.

« Reply #586 on: February 24, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »
Help me, Eiriiin!  :ohdear:

Hello everyone. I'm trying to do a perfect run for the first time on my "career". On MoF extra stage. The thing is that I've HUGE problems with Suwa War, the second timeout spell card from Suwako, and I need very concrete and precise advice to beat it. I've seen on Youtube replays that players just go all the way up before the 10 last seconds and then start streaming downards, but it's still not enough advice for me :ohdear:

I also need advice for Froggy Braves the Elements. What do you recommend me more? To try and be a bit separated from the screen's bottom so I can have more space to react and retreat? Or maybe stick at the bottom and move the less I can the better? It's infuriating because I always beat this spell card when I was just trying to clear the stage, but now I die on it 95% of times...

Thank you in advance. If I can achieve it... maybe I can post the replay. Or maybe I can post a replay already to have even more concrete advice, hmm...

PD: Haaate Suwako, just one to three spell cards left to capture on every run  :(

Oh

« Reply #587 on: February 25, 2014, 02:50:02 AM »
The thing is that I've HUGE problems with Suwa War, the second timeout spell card from Suwako, and I need very concrete and precise advice to beat it. I've seen on Youtube replays that players just go all the way up before the 10 last seconds and then start streaming downards, but it's still not enough advice for me :ohdear:
Those youtube replays should be enough, it was for me when I was still 1ccing Hard modes. Honestly "go all the way up before the 10 last seconds and then start streaming downards" is literally telling you how to do it. Try copying exactly what they do. Also some people prefer doing the early spell on the left side, and stream to the middle on a red wave before going up.

I also need advice for Froggy Braves the Elements. What do you recommend me more? To try and be a bit separated from the screen's bottom so I can have more space to react and retreat? Or maybe stick at the bottom and move the less I can the better? It's infuriating because I always beat this spell card when I was just trying to clear the stage, but now I die on it 95% of times...
Are you using ReimuA? It might be harder with her since it lasts longer. It's just RNG dodging. There's really no advice except for "don't touch the bullets and hold shift for focused movement".

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #588 on: February 25, 2014, 04:38:40 PM »
Is Suwako's first survival card purely "streaming" the clone(s)? It looks hard.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #589 on: February 25, 2014, 05:03:38 PM »
It's memotrash, not just streaming. Not that I know anyone who ever bothered to memorize it properly. Most players I know just wing it because it sucks terribly.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #590 on: February 25, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
Is Suwako's first survival card purely "streaming" the clone(s)? It looks hard.

You can "stream" them in a zig-zag pattern. That generally gives enough free space to do that from left to right in one half and back in the other. It becomes chaotic non the less towards the end.

start in a corner                   ->
Looks like this:       |            /     /  | | wall
                                   |    ^   /     /    | |
                                   |   |     /      /  v |   It can actually be much less far apart but the general idea comes across.
                                   |   |  /      /        | 
                                                 <-   
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:27:29 PM by Yookie »

Oh

« Reply #591 on: February 25, 2014, 07:04:57 PM »
Not that I know anyone who ever bothered to memorize it properly.
;_;

Start at red dot, yellow is when 2nd suwako spawns. Example

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #592 on: February 25, 2014, 07:39:08 PM »
Holy shit, so many people help me! :o Thank you so much, will do this tomorrow. I need to go to bed now :blush:
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #593 on: February 26, 2014, 09:06:51 AM »
Is there any trick to make stage 4 green spam easier? :ohdear:

Szayelaporro Granz

« Reply #594 on: February 26, 2014, 12:39:19 PM »
Is there any trick to make stage 4 green spam easier? :ohdear:
Do you mean stage 4  of SA at the end of stage portion? I'm pretty sure the pattern is fully static.
*Bug abuse.
My favorite touhou music

« Reply #595 on: February 26, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »
Not that I know anyone who ever bothered to memorize it properly.

Sup.

You have to if you want to maximize the faith gain during scoreruns.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #596 on: February 26, 2014, 01:48:41 PM »
Do you mean stage 4  of SA at the end of stage portion? I'm pretty sure the pattern is fully static.

Oh lol I forgot to specify. I mean the one from EoSD Stage 4 Lunatic. Staying on the corner isn't helping me that much...

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #597 on: February 26, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »
Sup.

You have to if you want to maximize the faith gain during scoreruns.

I salute you, oh patient man. But I guess it makes sense for you to have done it.

Oh lol I forgot to specify. I mean the one from EoSD Stage 4 Lunatic. Staying on the corner isn't helping me that much...

the stage 4 books in EoSD is among the hardest pattern in all of Touhou. There isn't really any way to make it easier. It's random dodging, very hard dodging at that.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #598 on: February 26, 2014, 03:34:20 PM »
I see, thanks. Looks like it'll take a while until I'm able to read that. :V

« Reply #599 on: February 27, 2014, 06:08:27 AM »
Doing Last Words from Phantasmagoria Trues. Out of the first 20, the only ones I've yet to clear are Komachi, Eiki, and Mima.

Eiki as far as I can see is just straightforward dodging; I've gotten it down to really low health before, it's just a matter of finishing the job. The other two, though...

Komachi just kills you right the fuck out of nowhere repeatedly and Mima is just HOW IN THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO READ THAT.

So, yeah, halp?