Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?  (Read 151612 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Spell Card Help Topic VI: How do I used Bomb?
« Reply #600 on: February 27, 2014, 06:21:14 AM »
Randomly tried MoF LNB today, all the deaths were due to my mistakes and I know why they happened...except for one on Stage 6.  I'm not sure what the best way to handle the very end of the stage is, with the streaming before the popcorn fairy.  It seems to come down to getting lucky and not having a huge cluster thrown at you, is this accurate or have I just always approached it wrong?

Zil

« Reply #601 on: February 27, 2014, 07:48:09 AM »
iirc the last wave of fast thingies comes from the right, so you want to end that part up against the right wall so none of them shoot.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #602 on: February 27, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »
Doing Last Words from Phantasmagoria Trues. Out of the first 20, the only ones I've yet to clear are Komachi, Eiki, and Mima.

Eiki as far as I can see is just straightforward dodging; I've gotten it down to really low health before, it's just a matter of finishing the job. The other two, though...

Komachi just kills you right the fuck out of nowhere repeatedly and Mima is just HOW IN THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO READ THAT.

So, yeah, halp?
Eiki is actually tough.  You can either stay under the boss or you can dodge the pattern, but doing both is not easy at all.

Komachi is actually really easy; you can't shotgun her like you do in the main game but dodging far away from where you know the lasers will spawn will work.

Mima is kinda-memorized micromovement frustrated by mirrored patterns.  That's it.

I'm putting together a video to show these off and hopefully will have it out on Friday (lots of recording).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:33:49 PM by ?q »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #603 on: February 27, 2014, 07:25:57 PM »
Any tips for Marisa's "Event Horizon" while Human Solo? I got used to staying bottom center with youkai, but a human character has a lot more trouble because of those fat familiars. Is there a better tactic I don't know about?

« Reply #604 on: February 27, 2014, 07:45:40 PM »
Any tips for Marisa's "Event Horizon" while Human Solo? I got used to staying bottom center with youkai, but a human character has a lot more trouble because of those fat familiars. Is there a better tactic I don't know about?

Hard, or Lunatic?

Well, for now I assumed Hard because your signature lists IN progress up to Hard. Here's a half-asleep replay with Sakuya solo. (attached file)

Now it could be just because I'm not fully awake yet, but right now it looks to me like it becomes easier after the first wave because of the timing and spacing of the stars giving you more room to avoid the familiars. First wave can be done pretty much just like I did it (needs to be adjusted depending on the initial wave's rotation)  except for the spot I picked to slide through the stars. Please pick a better spot to go through the stars :V I think I picked a terrible place, and it looked much safer a bit further away from where I was.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #605 on: February 27, 2014, 10:28:09 PM »
Well, I do Lunatic spellcards as well, but in this case the tips should apply to all versions. That said, good observation, the first wave is indeed astronomically harder than the rest. Well, I decided to bother and do a timeout of Lunatic version. I found it easier for me to do it my usual way - sit in a "galaxy arm", somewhere low enough so as not to have problems with the next one curving away, but high enough to be able to react to familiars spiraling in. Then dash down and do some plain dodging. The rest is a much easier version of the same.

« Reply #606 on: February 28, 2014, 03:23:16 AM »
Eiki is actually tough.  You can either stay under the boss or you can dodge the pattern, but doing both is not easy at all.

Komachi is actually really easy; you can't shotgun her like you do in the main game but dodging far away from where you know the lasers will spawn will work.

Mima is kinda-memorized micromovement frustrated by mirrored patterns.  That's it.

I'm putting together a video to show these off and hopefully will have it out on Friday (lots of recording).
Thanks! I just captured Komachi and Eiki's LWs. Eiki, I switched to Marisa for the higher damage output and that was enough to make the difference for a cap. As for Komachi, I'd been trying to shotgun the whole time, lol. The amazing thing was that I actually got really close to pulling it off, too  :V

That really just leaves Mima, and then the crap I have to deal with after that one  :ohdear:

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #607 on: February 28, 2014, 03:42:27 AM »
Yeah, I'm going through my replays with ReimuB and I'm just stunned by how much longer it takes to kill ANYTHING.  For Marisa with a 130% damage buff I'll most certainly deal with the fast movement speed; plus there are some patterns that I think I'd just time out if I didn't have the extra damage output.  (I started using MariB for Nue's first card because Len's algorithm for bullet rings is weird.)

and then the crap I have to deal with after that one  :ohdear:
Daiyousei II - :3
Aya II -  :X
Yuka II - :X
Chen II - :)
Ran II - :ohdear:
Nue II - :ohdear:
Murasa II - :X
Youmu II -  :wat:
Sakuya II -  :flamingv:
Utsuho II - :ohdear:
Suika II - :)
Komachi II -  :wat:
Sikieiki II - :)
Mima II - :V
Yukari II -  BV
Remilia II - :X
Flandre II - :X
Koakuma II - :X
Shinki II - :D
Alice II -  :dragonforce:
Akyu - BV
Reimu - :X
Muse -  :fail:

ShadowDragonYoukai

• Banned
  • Serial shitposter
« Reply #608 on: March 01, 2014, 11:42:35 PM »
How do I used bomb is the x button :P

« Reply #609 on: March 06, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »
For the life of me I can't seem to figure out Stage 4A Benben's attacks at all. Normal mode all characters. I'm good with the rest of DDC but this boss fight frustrates me to the point of just bombing everything and it makes me sad.

? Benben's non-spells, are the note bullets aimed after they spawn? I can't tell. Going to the sides just after they spawn seem to make more openings but I still have to bomb my way through.

? First spellcard, the massive swirl of bullets, Heikyoku "Sounds of Jetavana's Bell". This I think is pure dodging. Any special routes for this one?

? Second card, Vengeful Spirit "Hoichi the Earless" feels like I'm fighting one of Orin's cards. Special tricks to where to lead the chasing spirits? I always get pinched in somewhere.

? Third card, Music Sign "Wicked Musical Score" HAHAH screw this one. Wait, no, I really want to know when and where the curved score lines spawn. Aimed? Better to go to the left side of the screen and have more time to dodge? I also notice that sometimes the bottom score lines don't spawn at all.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2014, 07:26:19 PM »
In her first spell there is always one stream aimed at you, the others aligned to that. So just wait until it extended almost entirely to you and move.
Since they are alternating left and right you can do that as well, with whatever you are more comfortable. (going against the curve or with it.)
Edit: The thing with them being aimed is not true. Just verified that and it only feels like that to me since I keep the same relative position to her all the time. :V It is basically static and if you stay under her then what I wrote works.

Second spell can be done in a U-shape with 3 points: left, below, right. Feels kinda like Yukari's second. THis generally gives enough space to not be overrun.

Last spellcard is pure reading afaik. You can go to the left to have more time for the lasers and with Reimu and Sakuya that is somewhat viable.

Her non-spells are just a pain. :V

What helps in general against both sisters (and Raiko sort of) is to know, that the pause-bullets (to me they are pauses, okay?) are like knives in the older games in that their hit-box is weird and that the necks of the note-bullets do not have a hitbox which makes them practically just round projectiles of the standard variety.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:41:38 PM by Yookie »

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #611 on: March 06, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »
For the life of me I can't seem to figure out Stage 4A Benben's attacks at all. Normal mode all characters. I'm good with the rest of DDC but this boss fight frustrates me to the point of just bombing everything and it makes me sad.

? Benben's non-spells, are the note bullets aimed after they spawn? I can't tell. Going to the sides just after they spawn seem to make more openings but I still have to bomb my way through.

? First spellcard, the massive swirl of bullets, Heikyoku "Sounds of Jetavana's Bell". This I think is pure dodging. Any special routes for this one?

? Second card, Vengeful Spirit "Hoichi the Earless" feels like I'm fighting one of Orin's cards. Special tricks to where to lead the chasing spirits? I always get pinched in somewhere.

? Third card, Music Sign "Wicked Musical Score" HAHAH screw this one. Wait, no, I really want to know when and where the curved score lines spawn. Aimed? Better to go to the left side of the screen and have more time to dodge? I also notice that sometimes the bottom score lines don't spawn at all.

Normal Mode feels so tame after doing Lunatic as much as I have. Excuse my erratic movement on the first spell (it's a little different from hard/lunatic but I just sit down below after they spread out and then slip through a "pillar" or whatever you want to call them after they slow down). The second spell is actually really easy as long as you have good pathing / misdirecting.

As for the nonspells I just redirect them. I don't really play normal but I decided to make a replay to possibly assist you. The stage feels so tame on Normal lol.

This is a Reimu A replay.

And since I didn't initially say anything about the lasers of the third spell they are "kind of" aimed. However as long as you remain on the bottom they will come from the right. From what I can tell from the horrors of my lunatic testing the lasers themselves will not auto aim to your exact hitbox. It's just straight reading and dodging.

If you want to know what I mean about "kind of" aimed, start the spell on the right side and move to the bottom middle area immediately once she shoots them before they curve. However there is no safespot as far as I am aware and it is dangerous to remain on the sides as the note bullets move vertical on the sides once they reach their designated spots.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:33:32 PM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

« Reply #612 on: March 07, 2014, 01:12:13 AM »
Thank you both for the tips! This is certainly a case of practice, practice, practice.

Benben's non-spells are pain. Wholeheartedly agree. But now that I'm looking, I can kinda see a pattern.

I finally captured the first spell in spell card practice out of like, fifty tries from before.
Second spell: same
Third Spell: Golly gee, I didn't think I would have to sight read sheet music ever again since college. Getting better at deathbombing this sucker.

The replay: lol at the middle part of stage 4 with the fairies. I just attempt to dodge all that stuff.

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #613 on: March 09, 2014, 05:29:28 PM »
I need help with Yukari's LW. I can't find a way to "spin" around the amulets during the 6th wave and I've watched some replays but I think I can't spin fast enough for some reason.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #614 on: March 09, 2014, 07:10:24 PM »
It's probably the single hardest wave in it. Even I can't do it too much despite knowing how it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKShfsBA2JQ @ 1:15

It's a pain but you just need really good timing and precision. Just weave around the purple amulets and land dead center to avoid the blue amulets.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #615 on: March 10, 2014, 06:49:46 PM »
Thanks a bunch, I finally figure out how. But the chances of getting past this one particular wave is slim because my instinct to run away from the fast spinning purple amulets always get me :ohdear: Help me, Koishi! ;A;
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Noobzor

• Grazing is fun
  • I like grazing
« Reply #616 on: March 10, 2014, 08:29:12 PM »
This is not a survival question, but I'm wondering why people in score runs suicide at the very end of TD stage 6? Especially since that means they finish with 2 extra bombs, wouldn't they get more points using these resources elsewhere?
Hard 1cc's: all windows games :3
Lunatic 1cc's: EoSD, PoFV, PCB
My replays

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #617 on: March 10, 2014, 08:44:28 PM »
This is not a survival question, but I'm wondering why people in score runs suicide at the very end of TD stage 6? Especially since that means they finish with 2 extra bombs, wouldn't they get more points using these resources elsewhere?

They do it for the grey spirits they get from suiciding. You probably can't incorperate those bombs anywhere in the game without losing points instead, so they keep them instead.

« Reply #618 on: March 11, 2014, 07:19:23 AM »
Thread needs to be renamed since it's misleading. Something like "General Touhou Gameplay Help Thread".