Author Topic: Ctrl to fast forward PCB Replays  (Read 2106 times)

Ctrl to fast forward PCB Replays
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:50:10 PM »
Is there any patch to allow fast forward in replays in PCB (and maybe IN and EoSD) with the Ctrl key ? Like in the next games of the series ?
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
Re: Ctrl to fast forward PCB Replays
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:59:03 PM »
If you use the Vpatch you can speed up the replays. Each game has its own Vpatch (except DDC, which doesn't have one) and it does several things. It forces 60 fps, it erases input lag, it enables you to fastforward and slow down replays and you can change the window-size with it, as well as raise the fps, if you really cared.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 09:00:44 PM »
Here's the Vpatch, if you're wondering.

For EoSD, name the EXE:

“Œ•?g–‚‹?.exe with quote included if you're on non-Japanese locale (French I'd assume). If your game isn't english patched it might not launch if the DATs aren't named accordingly (will explain if that's the case)

東方紅魔郷.exe if you are on Japanese locale
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:05:27 PM by Jirachi »

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:20:27 PM »
So I downloaded the Vsynchpatch and unzipped it, but the .exe inside shows an error message. =x

http://www.pixenli.com/images/1394/1394144412007441200.png

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 10:29:56 PM »
You should copy the EXE, INI, and respective DLL to the game's folder (only copy the respective DLL, multiple ones would conflict and not apply the effects). Although it's "vpatch", it's not really a "patch", it's more like a launcher that adds the effects Sakurei said. The INI file has the FPS' for fast forwarding etc.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:31:41 PM by Jirachi »

Drake

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 10:43:33 PM »
There is a readme. Read it.

VsyncPatch

With every newly installed patch, always make a backup copy of your score.dat files in case something weird ever happens.
This is just a general rule. While I don't think this progam has ever caused any data (scores, history, etc) to corrupt or reset,
It's always a good idea to keep a backup in case it does happen by other means.

Modify the [Window] parameters to suit your liking. You can run it windowed, and if so you can control the window width/height
as well as the position it appears on your screen and such. Pretty self-explanatory.

There are patches for some games in both revision 4 and 7. Use the latest revision of the patch for each game.

Leave a copy of vpatch.exe, vpatch.ini and the corresponding dll file in your game folder.
Do not have more than one vpatch_th**.dll file in one folder, or else a conflict might occur and the game won't launch.

Rename each individual exe file to th**.exe, where the stars are the game number, except for EoSD and Uwabami Breakers,
which must be named 東方紅魔郷.exe and alcostg.exe, respectively. Naturally this will be true by default, but if you want
to run the english-patched game then you must rename the executable from th07e to th07, and so on.
EoSD must also be launched using AppLocale or setting your system to a japanese locale.

Start the game by launching vpatch.exe.

Author: swmpLV/75E

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 01:59:00 AM »
It seems it works perfectly, thanks to both of you !