Author Topic: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!  (Read 225128 times)

Re: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!
« Reply #540 on: May 17, 2014, 04:36:50 PM »
dat awesome ZUN music i really love ZUN's current musical style. :flowerpower:

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #541 on: May 17, 2014, 06:09:42 PM »
Yeah, I do love that day 5-7 music.

« Reply #542 on: May 17, 2014, 06:28:06 PM »
Hello there,
I heard that we can level up items so we can improve their skill/damage/etc. but I have no clue of how many cleared scene you need to level up an item. Does your item take one level per scene cleared ?
Plus, I noticed that if you clear the tutorial scenes with no item, you won't get a cleared scene for your items, even if it shows you the beautiful rainbow-colored graph :c
And if someone know the maximum level of items, I'd like to know it,
thank you all. :3

(Sorry for my bad english I'm French, please don't hurt me ?_?)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #543 on: May 18, 2014, 12:03:45 AM »
The max level and number of scenes needed for items vary. None take more than 20 to max, however.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #544 on: May 18, 2014, 09:08:48 AM »
The max level and number of scenes needed for items vary. None take more than 20 to max, however.

Yeah... but you still need to clear 20 stages for each item. Best to do no-item runs as it counts for clearing all items.

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #546 on: May 19, 2014, 02:37:15 PM »
Alright, thanks to Trancehime I have a translation for the ending screen for those who have beaten the game (or for those amanojaku who wish to spoil themselves):

Spoiler:
"Congratulations! You cleared all the scenes! This is a feat to be proud of. Yet, this is simply just compensation for she who has lost all her allies. That isn't sad. An Amanojaku won't ever be able to make friends, anyway..."
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #547 on: May 19, 2014, 02:48:44 PM »
It's a bit different than that.
Spoiler:
Losing all allies was the price Seija had to pay for beating all scenes.
Signature

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #548 on: May 19, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »
Spoiler:
This is just conjecture, but maybe being hated by all would precisely be what she'd want.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #549 on: May 19, 2014, 03:38:26 PM »
Spoiler:
It would be exactly what she'd want, most likely. She's meant to oppose everyone and everything by "virtue" of being an amanojaku.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #550 on: May 19, 2014, 04:52:11 PM »
Spoiler:
So from now on, Seija is the first villian that the series will have? Seeing as Gensokyo knows her to be a rebel, and she succeded in escaping, what is going to happen in future installements? Ten bucks say she appears in the next Touhou
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #551 on: May 19, 2014, 07:24:49 PM »
Spoiler:
I don't know what plans are in store for her, but I see it that way too: Seija is the ONLY character in all of Touhou that could be considered a villain in the sense that she's the first antagonist who is actually attempting to fill that role, unlike every other game where the antagonists weren't that bad after all. I know Seiga is technically "evil" as well, but she hasn't done much to antagonize Gensokyo besides assist in Miko's resurrection and cause the the typical amount of mischief a youkai generally makes.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #552 on: May 20, 2014, 02:37:44 AM »
Spoiler:
I'm wondering...about what it said about Seija losing all allies. Is she able to make friends with another amanojaku? ...Nah, maybe they will just start flipping each other.

Who else favours the camera?

Jellyfish

• much doge-maku
  • so touhou
« Reply #553 on: May 20, 2014, 02:23:21 PM »
I don't know, I never really found the camera to be useful at all.
sexy doges

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #554 on: May 20, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »
I found the camera to be useful on some scenes, (it turns 3-2 into a nododge).  The problem is other items are almost always going to be better than it at dealing with the scenes, especially once you unlock the lantern.

The other is the only seen strat to really make Remi's Vampire Tag spellcard easy-peasy though (hammer/subdoll lets you kill it before it gets painful but it's still not trivial)
Oh hey that's my strat followed by ARF's strat  :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #555 on: May 20, 2014, 02:57:44 PM »
6-7 also turns into a no-dodge via camera. Best use is probably equipping the miracle mallet as a subweapon so you can take out huge masses and using it like an alternative Four Foot Magic Bomb, but I think most scenes you can destroy like that are stopped better with the bomb itself (The camera has more uses, but doesn't clear as effectively)

Alternatively, the gap umbrella is only useful in ways that other items aren't in like two scenes, and one of them is only because you don't have decoy doll yet. The other is the only seen strat to really make Remi's Vampire Tag spellcard easy-peasy though (hammer/subdoll lets you kill it before it gets painful but it's still not trivial)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #556 on: May 21, 2014, 03:02:24 AM »
Was it ever discovered how Seija is using these items? Like, where did she get them? In particular, what's the deal with the Ying Yang orb? That's just wrong on many levels. 

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #557 on: May 21, 2014, 03:34:32 AM »
Well, if the translations on THPatch are accurate, the items are other items that were affected by the Miracle Mallet's power. She took these items while they still had some of the power left in them, hence why they are magical. However, just doing this alone is what got people even pissier at her to the extent that the initial hunt for her began. Then it just got worse as she evaded capture, particularly once the tengu newspapers started publicizing everything.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #558 on: May 21, 2014, 03:59:14 AM »
Well, kudos to ZUN on exploring further consequences of a game. I would kinda expect the Ying Yang orb to able to avoid the mallet's power, but whatever.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #559 on: May 21, 2014, 04:20:42 AM »
Next thing you know, Reimu's hitbox in the next game is regular sixe because she was unable to reclaim the Ying-Yang Orb :V
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #560 on: May 21, 2014, 04:49:11 AM »
Hopefully this is a new arc, with Seija as the antagonist.

Maybe Seija will appear in Touhou 15 as an unlockable playable character (Phantasmagoria)
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #561 on: May 21, 2014, 05:47:59 AM »
Considering her nature which makes it inherently impossible for her to pull a heel-face turn, any possible ways to resolve her arc without having to...*le gasp* permanently exterminate her?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #562 on: May 21, 2014, 08:43:02 AM »
Considering her nature which makes it inherently impossible for her to pull a heel-face turn, any possible ways to resolve her arc without having to...*le gasp* permanently exterminate her?
Why, with a tea party, of course!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #563 on: May 21, 2014, 08:54:51 AM »
But then she'll just "spill" the tea on Reimu's face. :V

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #564 on: May 21, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »

Sanae's miracle turning her into something different? or maybe allowing her to go against her nature, despite not liking it? With enough time to pray she could do it.....

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #565 on: May 21, 2014, 01:29:18 PM »
In any case, she's pretty much the closest thing to a Yuuki Terumi equivalent in here, so unless someone manages to seal her...

« Reply #566 on: May 21, 2014, 02:52:54 PM »
She isn't very strong in the first place according to her DDC dialogue, so I imagine everyone will probably just tolerate her.  Gensokyo is full of trolls anyways so one that consistently only trolls isn't going to do that much of a difference.  Even in ISC, people only went after her en masse thanks to Aya, far as I can tell.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #567 on: May 21, 2014, 03:21:49 PM »
Sure, she's not so strong on her own, but IIRC Amanojakus are also tricksters. If she can manipulate the right people, then imagine the mess. In fact, wasn't DDC her first attempt in that?

« Reply #568 on: May 21, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »
The big question here: is Seija an Aya or a Sanae?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #569 on: May 21, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »
If she can manipulate the right people, then imagine the mess. In fact, wasn't DDC her first attempt in that?
Yeah, but now she has a reputation, and Gensokyo is a small place. She probably won't have much luck with that kind of thing in the future, not for anything large-scale at least. Plus, her stolen magical items will probably lose the Miracle Mallet power in time, and then she'll be back to being weak.

It wouldn't be surprising for her to show up in the next game though. Maybe the items will hold power for a good amount of time after all?

rofl Tresser. We'll see. I think Seija will sparkle for a short time and that'll be about it, IMO.