Author Topic: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!  (Read 224954 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!
« Reply #510 on: May 14, 2014, 08:49:57 PM »
So am I the only one who thinks 7-6 is completely and utterly unfair? I had no idea that this game would create an entirely new Sin Of Bullet Hell Games when
Spoiler:
Sakuya can teleport you into a bullet with no way to prevent this.

That and a couple other gripes aside, this is a pretty fun game. It certainly is not the tightest Touhou I've ever played, but I love the concept, and the cursed doll is one of the most cathartic items I've ever used in a video game. Nothing like making bosses look like fools as you leisurely snipe them. :D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #511 on: May 14, 2014, 09:56:59 PM »
Some of them have the last time I checked the wiki (hence why I noticed the Fantavision reference), but not all of them, nor any of the hidden achievements.
I can't help with the translations, but I did just pick up the last few achievements/nicknames (no item all clear yeaaaah) and can screenshot them all (especially the secret ones) for someone to translate, if that would be helpful.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #512 on: May 14, 2014, 10:01:49 PM »
The Japanese text for the sixty normal ones are on there, it's only the Japanese text for the hidden ones and the translations for a few of the normal achievements that are missing. So I believe that'd be helpful for whoever is working on the translations (not me since the extent of my knowledge comes from doing painstaking "Engrish generated by ATLAS and JParser that is sometimes cross-checked with other translation sites or dictionaries" to English translations that are not 100% accurate).
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #514 on: May 14, 2014, 11:23:14 PM »
So am I the only one who thinks 7-6 is completely and utterly unfair?
You can destroy it so hard with items, so, not really. If you're trying to no-item it I suppose that's fair, but teleported into bullets never happened to me even when I was doing that...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #515 on: May 15, 2014, 01:21:37 AM »
So am I the only one who thinks 7-6 is completely and utterly unfair? I had no idea that this game would create an entirely new Sin Of Bullet Hell Games when
Spoiler:
Sakuya can teleport you into a bullet with no way to prevent this.

try a different item like the cursed doll.  ;)

« Reply #516 on: May 15, 2014, 01:54:48 AM »
Has anyone talked about the day skipping glitch thing yet?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #517 on: May 15, 2014, 03:08:47 AM »
try a different item like the cursed doll.  ;)

I'm aware of that, but I got started on it with the orbs and I was committed to winning with the orbs. >:( 66 tries later I finally got it, then went with the cursed dolls and won my first try.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

pineyappled

« Reply #518 on: May 15, 2014, 06:17:32 AM »
7-8
step it up sanae that was actually awful

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #519 on: May 15, 2014, 07:15:49 AM »
You folks have all made it up to the later stages of the game, and I'm still sitting here, stuck at Day 2.  :V

pineyappled

« Reply #520 on: May 15, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:00:00 AM by kinoko »

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #521 on: May 15, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
You folks have all made it up to the later stages of the game, and I'm still sitting here, stuck at Day 2.  :V
And here I am, without the game :sadface:

Badass bookworms

Jellyfish

• much doge-maku
  • so touhou
« Reply #522 on: May 15, 2014, 02:34:49 PM »
I got to the last day and all and have finished like 4 spells on day 10 but still haven't finished Shinmyoumaru's last spell (8-7 I believe?)  Any suggestions? I'm really stuck, those giant homing knives tho.  (yes, I suck at Touhou shhhh)
sexy doges

« Reply #523 on: May 15, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »
I got to the last day and all and have finished like 4 spells on day 10 but still haven't finished Shinmyoumaru's last spell (8-7 I believe?)  Any suggestions? I'm really stuck, those giant homing knives tho.  (yes, I suck at Touhou shhhh)

8-7 was the last one I captured, too.

I used the Doll/Statue combo. Place a doll to the right of the screen to misdirect the green knives. Dodge the blue ones. Make sure to replace the doll towards the right once the first one runs out. That should be long enough to capture the card.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #524 on: May 15, 2014, 03:09:09 PM »
Level up the Jizo Statue and use the Statue/Mallet combo. Worked for me for every spell, even 10-4 and 10-7 (Still need to No Item Clear those, but...)
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #525 on: May 16, 2014, 07:09:23 AM »
So I was stuck and lingering on the second day, then today I suddenly found myself at the sixth day.

Life is good.

...there's actually a day-skipping glitch? How do you get it to work?!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #526 on: May 16, 2014, 03:18:13 PM »
The "ThCRAP" patch now has translations for the main/sub items, scene names (Appears in upper right corner of scene select, and when you start the scene), and spellcard names. Dunno about dialogue. Still missing nicknames and Seiga's comment on each day, but you can't beat the speed~
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #527 on: May 16, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »
At this point, if no one's willing to make a stand-alone patch, I'll just keep mine in Japanese and refer to the wiki. I can read things easier there anyway.

Also, woohoo Day 6 at last. Hello subitems!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #528 on: May 16, 2014, 05:07:28 PM »
Dialogue is already done, although it shows in quite a big font... Yatsuhashi's dialogue at the first Day goes way beyond the screen. Any way to fix it?
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

« Reply #529 on: May 16, 2014, 06:21:18 PM »
Delete everything related to thcrap and use the latest version.

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
« Reply #530 on: May 16, 2014, 07:02:36 PM »
So today was my First Day i actually had Time to play it and this came out so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4jRx9Vf_gM

« Reply #531 on: May 16, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »
At this point, if no one's willing to make a stand-alone patch, I'll just keep mine in Japanese and refer to the wiki.
you do realize thcrap can function as a stand alone patch...... just saying you can patch once and never deal with thcrap again.... it IS a stand alone patch when you ask it nicely

i get the whole lovers spat thing going on with the thcrap guy and this forum but its not like he has to know your using his program. you do seem to use every opportunity its brought up to remind everyone a patch has to be to your exact specifications or its not worth using..... lighten up guy, just reap the benefits and give none of the thanks if thats how you see it =) otherwise i think we more than get it by now......

ISC143

• Kouischey
  • Caved Johnson
« Reply #532 on: May 17, 2014, 12:25:34 AM »
Yay! Game very nice and cool,Cirno so easy. But i stopped on 4 day...

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #533 on: May 17, 2014, 02:41:02 AM »
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this stuff, but yesterday video of LYX (a Chinese superplayer)'s all NO ITEM clear is on the internet.

http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av1123648/

Every spellcard in this game is doable with no items. some of the hardest ones LYX didn't make it through on the 1st video continues to Part 2 of the video.

Enjoy.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #534 on: May 17, 2014, 07:35:22 AM »
I would assume every card is doable, although you need only 20 to complete the achievement. I already finished all of them, with 25+ no item clear under my belt. I will have to check 10-4 soon.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #535 on: May 17, 2014, 10:48:44 AM »
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this stuff, but yesterday video of LYX (a Chinese superplayer)'s all NO ITEM clear is on the internet.
I put up one of my own 2 days ago :V

I would assume every card is doable, although you need only 20 to complete the achievement. I already finished all of them, with 25+ no item clear under my belt. I will have to check 10-4 soon.
There's hidden achievements for all scenes with specific items-and one for all scenes with no item.  10-4 was by far the hardest one for me to get.

Tengukami

« Reply #536 on: May 17, 2014, 11:47:15 AM »
Sorry for the brief sidebar, but:
I have no idea what kind of "lovers' spat" there is between this entire forum and whoever is behind thcrap. I don't really follow online drama. What I do know is that a number of people have raised legitimate, non-personal criticisms of it. If some people get to advocate for a thing, other people get to criticise that same thing. That's how it works. Gettin' all dismissive and telling people to "lighten up" is an old and unhelpful response to criticism (in fact, I didn't even slag it off; I just said I wasn't going to use it). People are still free to use thcrap last I checked, anyway. Thanks all the same for caring about my emotional state of mind!

http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av1123648/

Every spellcard in this game is doable with no items. some of the hardest ones LYX didn't make it through on the 1st video continues to Part 2 of the video.

Enjoy.
Holy moly. This is helpful from an item-use perspective as well, but is just amazing to watch either way.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 12:10:25 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #537 on: May 17, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »
Only achievement I lack is the time based one. Need like 3 hrs more.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #538 on: May 17, 2014, 02:06:09 PM »
What I do know is that a number of people have raised legitimate, non-personal criticisms of it.
Hmm? Like what? It's basically just a standalone patch that updates often and pulls translations from the wiki...

Tengukami

« Reply #539 on: May 17, 2014, 02:22:51 PM »
I really don't want to derail this into yet another back and forth thcrap. There's a thread about a DDC patch where that discussion could be better had, for one example. I don't want to derail this fun thread; I just don't like those kind of unfair "shut up/lighten up" remarks tossed around in the midst of a totally fair discussion. My apologies to all.