Author Topic: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!  (Read 223611 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2014, 05:51:19 PM »
Agh dammit I wanted to be first to finish ><

10-4 is probably the funniest card in the game. It's so blatantly obvious what item you need and I'm pretty sure no other item can clear it. 10-9 wins the award for most annoying attack (
Spoiler:
so good work Remilia you were very memorable on your first time back in a while
).

EDIT - I have been rightfully called out on my above statement on 10-4. Honestly I cheesed most of the game with Lantern/Jizo combo so I didn't give enough thought to other possibilities. ><
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:09:07 PM by Himekanken »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2014, 06:01:12 PM »
Agh dammit I wanted to be first to finish ><

10-4 is probably the funniest card in the game. It's so blatantly obvious what item you need and I'm pretty sure no other item can clear it. 10-9 wins the award for most annoying attack (
Spoiler:
so good work Remilia you were very memorable on your first time back in a while
).

Also, HELLO GUESTS! NO DOWNLOAD LINKS HERE, SORRY! Feel free to register and join the discussion though!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #392 on: May 11, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »
Also, HELLO GUESTS! NO DOWNLOAD LINKS HERE, SORRY! Feel free to register and join the discussion though!

I can't read this without grinning, a ha ha...

Anyways, I was watching the livestream till like 3:20am (christ) and how bad the poor guy got stuck on
Spoiler:
Remilia
's KNIVES spellcard, yet I kept TELLING him to use the Nimble Fabric.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #393 on: May 11, 2014, 06:26:25 PM »

Here's 10-4. I don't have a replay of 10-9 and I don't want to touch it again because it's evil and I hate it. >:[

EDIT - having thought it over, you could probably do Max Level Jizo + Mallet instead for the same result. That might even be easier since as long as you can survive up until 3 seconds before the BIG WAVE you'll make it through.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:11:39 PM by Himekanken »

« Reply #394 on: May 11, 2014, 06:35:41 PM »
Man, the fanbase is going through with this game really fast.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2014, 06:37:56 PM »
Man, the fanbase is going through with this game really fast.
What can you do? It's like the gold rush, except with lolis.

« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2014, 06:43:38 PM »
What can you do? It's like the gold rush, except with lolis.
Good point.

It's just that I started getting interested in Touhou in December, so I never witnessed a game being released.

Well, I guess I know now.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2014, 07:21:38 PM »
Also if there's anyone here from the wiki, a couple of card names don't seem to be translated right. 4-5 should probably be Wall Runner, and 10-4 should be Fitful Nightmare. For 9-4 I couldn't tell you the subtitle, but the card itself is Imp Swarm.

Zil

« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2014, 07:24:28 PM »
So the game's incredibly easy. That's a bit surprising.

Lantern : Seija can 'deathbomb' main item. (Seija will still die normally if it doesn't grant invincibility)
I'm pretty sure any item will save you as long as it's something you can use at that time.
10-4 is probably the funniest card in the game. It's so blatantly obvious what item you need and I'm pretty sure no other item can clear it.
It's easy enough with the statue, and camera/lantern is a pretty strong combo if you have good reflexes, but realistically speaking it's possible with anything, though obviously difficult.

« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2014, 07:32:20 PM »
Also if there's anyone here from the wiki, a couple of card names don't seem to be translated right. 4-5 should probably be Wall Runner, and 10-4 should be Fitful Nightmare. For 9-4 I couldn't tell you the subtitle, but the card itself is Imp Swarm.

Changed, thanks. I've spent all day translating the names and I'm pretty sure I got some of them wrong.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2014, 07:37:06 PM »
...Achievements?

inb4 "ZUN is training for Steam!"

« Reply #401 on: May 11, 2014, 07:42:03 PM »
No Items

Seija Only

Gensokyo Destination

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #402 on: May 11, 2014, 08:04:24 PM »
Here's 10-4. I don't have a replay of 10-9 and I don't want to touch it again because it's evil and I hate it. >:[
I love this game.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #403 on: May 11, 2014, 08:21:07 PM »
Hmmm so! How's Impossible Spell Card? I don't think there were new characters, aww man... but as I stated before (somewhere), pretty creative concept.

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
« Reply #404 on: May 11, 2014, 09:34:51 PM »
Just played the game since morning, already got to Day 10 and god, this is really fun.
I loved the imagination behind some spell cards, thought I was disappointed Kokoro was not in :<

Btw, anyone got a translation of the achievements? I'm kinda curious about some of them :<

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #406 on: May 11, 2014, 10:41:53 PM »
Does anyone have achievement 16 or 17, for that matter? Neither me nor some other people I know who've mostly/full cleared have them.

Also holy crap Jaimers
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #407 on: May 11, 2014, 10:43:40 PM »
This game is silly I can't stop giggling.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #408 on: May 11, 2014, 10:55:17 PM »
Does anyone have achievement 16 or 17, for that matter? Neither me nor some other people I know who've mostly/full cleared have them.

Also holy crap Jaimers
16:
http://puu.sh/8IHZl.jpg (Spoiler)

I only miss 1, 17, 25 and 29. Though, last two are obvious how to unlock.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:58:03 PM by Quwanti »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
« Reply #410 on: May 12, 2014, 12:35:44 AM »
I'm just missing 17. I've replayed a lot of the cards just for the hell of it and to see if I'd unlock 17 by accident but no dice...

Some things never change

Cirno pls

Huh. Does that safespot still exist with other subweapons though? If it's just the orb that has it, then Seija is just cheating it.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2014, 12:56:44 AM »
who would ever need items

to do sekibanki?

(unfortunately I have none of this strange hip "You Tube" thing) But yeah, I started trying no-item runs on a lot more cards, I'm up to about 30 scenes cleared this way. I've found many of the early scenes to be... a lot more trivial to do this way than I thought they'd be, cards I thought would be nearly impossible.

I actually did kinda futz up the second wave on the first sekibanki card and got lucky (you can see where I went "okay I think it's over now-AAAAA STOP FOLLOWING ME), but what I did in the first wave can be preformed consistently.

edit:Okay sekibanki this is just silly can you even aim http://puu.sh/8IPNZ.rpy edit again:Did I really just slip through Kagerou's walls in 3-1 three times in a row and win, what. I should just speedrun the game noitem%
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:16:51 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #413 on: May 12, 2014, 01:24:47 AM »
Turns out using the spreadshot from behind is really powerful.
sooo there's kind of a number of bosses you can do this to <:3

Not nearly as effectively as there, but with the 10 second invincibility there's a few where you just activate it at the last possible second and sit on the boss and win

oops

EDIT: WHAT THE FLYING **** IS 10-4
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:29:04 AM by Garlyle »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #414 on: May 12, 2014, 01:25:19 AM »
Also, I just noticed something on my video.

The background of Day 10 isn't displaying correctly. Only part of it is showing. What could be the reason?

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #415 on: May 12, 2014, 01:29:00 AM »
Also, I just noticed something on my video.

The background of Day 10 isn't displaying correctly. Only part of it is showing. What could be the reason?
Same here. Whether I'm fullscreen or windowed. I'm using the middle resolution, that might be it I guess?

I'm figuring out the patterns of a lot more spells to make them easy to no-item; I just learned how to misdirect the evil walls in Seiga's second spell. I should be able to reach Day 8 without items without much trouble. But from there... ouch. e:Okay actually the first three cards in d8 are easy, but d9 has one easy and three maybes...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:42:50 AM by Serela »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2014, 01:34:43 AM »
Same here. Whether I'm fullscreen or windowed. I'm using the middle resolution, that might be it I guess?

Yes, that's the reason. I just tested and confirmed that it only displays correctly on 1280x960.

960x720 only displays part of it, and 640x480 shows even less.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #418 on: May 12, 2014, 03:29:08 AM »
Are there any new artworks for old characters (not counting DDC ones) in this game?

Thanks in advance!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #419 on: May 12, 2014, 04:05:38 AM »
No. All of the sprites/portraits are from DDC, Double Spoiler, or Shoot the Bullet, apart from Seiga herself.