Author Topic: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!  (Read 223685 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Touhou 14.3: Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card announced!
« Reply #330 on: May 04, 2014, 02:45:25 AM »
This doesn't actually rule out what Tengukami said.  :V
Consider as well that it's just a silhouette. Could be a whole other color scheme, little accessories, bells and whatnot.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #332 on: May 04, 2014, 09:25:37 AM »
Countdown to Touhou 14.3:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20140511T12&p0=248&msg=Touhou+14.3+release+date

Watching the mere seconds tick away slowly, grain by grain...awaiting the surprise from such a viewpoint might seem unquestionably agonizing, but soon, one week will slip by silently without much notice...

In other words, HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:27:41 AM by Abraham Lincoln »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #333 on: May 06, 2014, 09:31:47 PM »
One night
to kill
the amanojaku

Payment for this hit is
5,000,000,000 Yen

I wonder who'll show...

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #334 on: May 07, 2014, 10:34:37 AM »
I just had a thought...if ZUN plans to introduce a new character in this game, adorning the jewel case with a silhouette of Seija is a somehow nice way to grant Touhou fans a surprise on the release date. Not having even the slightest idea on how the newest girl will look...

« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2014, 12:44:54 PM »
I just had a thought...if ZUN plans to introduce a new character in this game, adorning the jewel case with a silhouette of Seija is a somehow nice way to grant Touhou fans a surprise on the release date. Not having even the slightest idea on how the newest girl will look...

That just gave me a thought. Seija is a contrarian. What better way to screw with people than put herself on the jewel case rather than the new girl?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2014, 01:30:31 PM »
One night
to kill
the amanojaku

Payment for this hit is
5,000,000,000 Yen

I wonder who'll show...
You know, the payment is so exorbitant that I'd say it's a scam, but...

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #337 on: May 07, 2014, 03:24:56 PM »

Cue Kogasa showing up in the game when you least expect her......

I swear, if this actually come true i'll laugh like a madman and then make a shrine in your honor Abraham :D

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2014, 10:19:15 AM »
Cue Kogasa showing up in the game when you least expect her......

I swear, if this actually come true i'll laugh like a madman and then make a shrine in your honor Abraham :D

Is that so? Then I'll just have to say I'm rather flattered...

Guys, what do you think are the odds that PC-98 characters will make a comeback? Just curious.

Tengukami

« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2014, 12:46:21 PM »
Guys, what do you think are the odds that PC-98 characters will make a comeback? Just curious.
Somewhere between "Bush did 9/11" and "Tupac is in hiding, working on his masterpiece."

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Espadas

« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2014, 02:17:58 PM »

<Tengukami> Sentence snipped. Let's avoid racial slurs, no matter how you spell them, or what movie they're from. Thanks.

Is the Touhou fandom's equivalent of launching a fuel truck toward a building on fire and asking the firemen "what do you think are the odds that it will blow up?"

Personally i would like to see a comeback of some of them but i won't give a single **** if it doesn't happen :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:37:58 PM by Tengukami »

« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »
Wow! Cool! It said that it's supposed to be released May 11! :smokedcheese:

Espadas

« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2014, 03:05:31 PM »
Sorry Tengukami and everyone else, it was meant as a flippant movie quip, not a racist one.....

Forgot that the "tone" of a sentence can't be easily understood when written.... :-/

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2014, 03:28:36 PM »
Sorry Tengukami and everyone else, it was meant as a flippant movie quip, not a racist one.....

Forgot that the "tone" of a sentence can't be easily understood when written.... :-/

Am I missing out on anything? I don't really see anything racist in Tengukami's statement.

Espadas

« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »
Am I missing out on anything? I don't really see anything racist in Tengukami's statement.

It was MY comment that could have sound racist, so Tengukami edited it out of my post and i apologized for not taking into account the possible misunderstanding.

Tengukami

« Reply #345 on: May 09, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »
It was MY comment that could have sound racist, so Tengukami edited it out of my post and i apologized for not taking into account the possible misunderstanding.
It's all good. The important thing is 14.3 comes out in 34 hours!

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #346 on: May 10, 2014, 12:06:20 AM »
Now it's 26 hours!

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #347 on: May 10, 2014, 10:19:25 AM »
Sixteen hours, oh goodness, I highly doubt I can finish my picture

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #349 on: May 10, 2014, 12:38:01 PM »
Hard to say now. He had already gone to "rehearsal of the after party" a few hours ago. That may indicate the copies have arrived. But knowing him, even if they haven't arrived, he would still go drinking.

EDIT: He says please look forward to tomorrow, meaning there should be no problem now.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:38:28 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2014, 01:39:33 PM »
Less than 13.5 Hours to go, and I got to say that this is most exciting. Who would of thought that this, of all things would be happening? I guess the old adage about Gensokyo is true: if you think that you know it all or won't be surprised, then you WILL be proven wrong. It's practically guaranteed to happen, regardless of which side of the Border that one comes from, am I right?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

cuc

« Reply #351 on: May 10, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »
Actually the copies seemed to be delivered only twenty minutes ago (10:52 PM in Japan), which promoted him to return home from the party.

In other words, if they have not arrived, he's totally going to drink into the midnight, and go to Reitaisai empty handed.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 02:34:53 PM by cuc »

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #352 on: May 10, 2014, 03:24:39 PM »
And Zun has already updated his blog!
Am I the only one who anticipates what kind of ornament he will present together with a photo his new game every time? :V
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

cuc

« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »
I am the Amanojaku!

Shanghai Alice Fantasy Orchestra will release a new game at Hakurei Shrine Regular Grand Festival held on May 11, today.

It is this:
[Photo]

Touhou Project 14.3
"Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card."

In "Team Shanghai Alice" A18b, Hall East 1, I will do my best to sell it by my own hands.
The price is 1000 yen.
Please take care tomorrow [sic].

This is a game where I have taken risks, or in other words, a society-school* game where all kinds of worlds are challenged (by me)!

The game is surprisingly fun, so people who can't resist spending money should buy it.
*Note: The most important styles of Japanese mystery fiction are the "orthodox school" which focuses on puzzle-solving, and the "society school" which uses detective fiction as a vehicle of social critique.

He has made it clear this time that making this game is a form of resistance towards game industry trends (no joke, he has been saying things to that effect in recent months).

Also, you can watch the NHK MAG.NET video to see how a major circle like him sells things. He will be handing out the discs (and bowing) to buyers together with several helpers, and the process is surprisingly fast.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 04:13:13 PM by cuc »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #354 on: May 10, 2014, 04:31:42 PM »
...So the dialogues will have references to negative trends in mainstream gaming? From a certain point, this is quite intriguing.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #355 on: May 10, 2014, 05:09:54 PM »
Can we assume that this game will have an ending or endings, like GFW? It is not a Photo game, so I was wondering if it would have...
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #356 on: May 10, 2014, 06:02:14 PM »
It's very similar to Photo games by structure, you choose a day and scene, so probably no, though dialogues can make up for that (think Extra stage).

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #357 on: May 10, 2014, 06:22:16 PM »
Well, guys, we all know what tomorrow is~

Mother's Day~

So go out and do something with your mothers instead of waiting for games >D

But on topic, personally I'm waiting for Shoot Shoot Nitori more than this, the original games kind of... I don't know, they don't seem to hold that spark for me compared to the older ones. Still, I am quite curious what the story will be for this, and who will be the characters. The way ZUN talks about it, it seems quite vastly different compared to his previous games. That's something to look forward to, maybe? =o

Just some weirdo, move along!

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #358 on: May 11, 2014, 02:09:48 AM »
It's very similar to Photo games by structure, you choose a day and scene, so probably no, though dialogues can make up for that (think Extra stage).
But this game is more plot heavy than the photo ones, so it's likely.

« Reply #359 on: May 11, 2014, 02:36:54 AM »
I sadly can't stay up and watch the countdown till someone streams on Nico, seeing as I have to go out and do things with my family tomorrow.  So I'll probably wake up and see stuff going on.  But I'll hang as long as I can.