Author Topic: Kisume Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 47622 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Kisume Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #510 on: February 21, 2012, 05:44:24 PM »
> Did we just call both of them 'mom', then?
> This should be a good enough haul for the time being. Head northeast.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #511 on: February 21, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
> Did we just call both of them 'mom', then?
> This should be a good enough haul for the time being. Head northeast.

>Essentially. Shikieiki ended up being Mommy and Komachi became Momma.
>Satisfied when your takings, you proceed through the northeastern tunnel. The ceiling is fairly low, a bit under five feet. The walls quickly vanish as you follow the tunnel, the floor and the ceiling come together to make a kind of lens shape.  The floor is is made of a number of overlapped rocky plates that have fused together over time; or perhaps they're slowly coming apart. You have no idea. The tunnel gently slopes downward and westward for some distance, before quickly flaring out into a sizable circular chamber many yards across. A large natural pillar dominates the cavern, easily a dozen feet in diameter. Stalactites hang from the ceiling, while the floor is covered in a shallow pool of brackish water, you can see the floor is also made of overlapping rocky plates. Curious whitish structures of blocky crystal dot the walls, pillar, and ceiling; you suspect that they are probably salt crystals. The air is a bit humid, and there are insects on the walls and skimming across the water. Across the cavern, you can see another tunnel leading away to the north. On the western wall, you note what seems to be a thin gap hidden in the rocky unevenness, two shelves that almost but not quite come together. You don't think many would notice that at first. It likely contains some kind of hollow, possibly another corridor. You're not sure, nor do you know if you could actually fit between the shelves. Obvious exits are north and south.

>_

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #512 on: February 21, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »
> Giggle quietly at the phrase "Momma Komachi".
> Have a look at the western hollow.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #513 on: February 21, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »
> Do we have use for salt crystals?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #514 on: February 21, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
> Giggle quietly at the phrase "Momma Komachi".
> Have a look at the western hollow.

>What's funny about it? Momma's as natural as anything to you.
>You float over to the western hollow. It's fairly narrow, as you expected, and about a yard and a half tall. You're not sure if you could maneuver your bucket through it. Looking inside, you can see the hollow twists westward beyond your sight. The whole thing is fairly narrow and sharp-looking, like the previous lens-shaped corridor turned on edge, with walls that have a kind of ripple pattern, it would be unpleasant for someone to walk on.

> Do we have use for salt crystals?

>You could bust them up into salt if you had a rock and a way to move the resulting powder. People tend to like salt for various reasons, yourself included. Salt crystals themselves tend to be worth a nominal amount of money underground.

>_

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #515 on: February 21, 2012, 07:39:52 PM »
> Lick one of the crystals gingerly to test.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #516 on: February 21, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »
> Hmm, we might have to leave our bucket behind on this one. Though it did get jacked that one other time...
> There haven't been any signs of sentient life recently, have there?
> How quickly could we retreat to Yamame's, then return here? Maybe we could leave it with her for a bit, or bring her back with us if her web nonsense is finished.
> Could we perhaps rip some salt crystals out of the wall and bring them back to our regular spot before smashing them or selling them? The granite might help for the former, at least.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #517 on: February 22, 2012, 04:28:14 AM »
> Hmm, we might have to leave our bucket behind on this one. Though it did get jacked that one other time...
> There haven't been any signs of sentient life recently, have there?
> How quickly could we retreat to Yamame's, then return here? Maybe we could leave it with her for a bit, or bring her back with us if her web nonsense is finished.
> Could we perhaps rip some salt crystals out of the wall and bring them back to our regular spot before smashing them or selling them? The granite might help for the former, at least.

>You could leave your bucket, but it would be awkward.
>There's been a few faeries about, certainly.
>It would probably take a few minutes to return to Yamame. Coming back, even via flight, would be a lot slower and more awkward without your bucket.
>You could certainly take some salt crystals and tuck them away for later. The granite piece you have ought to be enough to knock off something sizable.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #518 on: February 22, 2012, 04:42:29 AM »
> Did we have even the generalest of ideas for how far along she was in her web repair work?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #519 on: February 22, 2012, 05:02:39 AM »
> Did we have even the generalest of ideas for how far along she was in her web repair work?

>It looked like she was close to being done, but she can be fussy about them.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #520 on: February 22, 2012, 05:05:48 AM »
Anyone object to running back to Yamame and getting her to play bucket guard while we explore this hole?

> Use the granite to chisel out a couple of decent-sized salt crystals.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #521 on: February 22, 2012, 05:31:29 AM »
> Use the granite to chisel out a couple of decent-sized salt crystals.

>You locate a couple of easy to get to crystals and set to work chiseling them out of the wall. Although the crystals are reasonably thick compared to your granite chunk, they are are also fairly soft and brittle, and you are able to messily chip away at their bases until they come free. Most of the chips left over from the process fall into the water; you can only imagine how briny it must be, and what interesting diseases it probably hosts.
>You obtain: Salt Crystal x2

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #522 on: February 22, 2012, 05:47:02 AM »
Since this was never actually asked:

>Do we think we could fit in there with our bucket? If not, could we fit in without it?
>Why are we slower without the bucket?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #523 on: February 22, 2012, 06:04:10 AM »
>Do we think we could fit in there with our bucket? If not, could we fit in without it?
>Why are we slower without the bucket?

>You don't think you could squeeze your bucket in there. but you could probably squeeze yourself in there.
>As far as physical motion goes, you have bum legs. Normal walking is right out; you need to lean a lot of your weight on something to even consider it, and that is assuming you can stand to begin with. This leaves you with crawling, which isn't much better, or creeping along on your elbows (which is the easier for you.). As far as flight goes, you feel terribly off balance without your bucket. This cuts considerably into your speed and moreso into your maneuverability, and you have to take rests rather often to reorient yourself.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #524 on: February 22, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »
> Did the small tunnel look dry enough for creeping purposes?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #525 on: February 22, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »
> Did the small tunnel look dry enough for creeping purposes?

>You didn't see any water inside of it. The ground is pretty uneven, though, and would not be comfortable to creep along. Plausible, if you take it slowly, but not comfortable.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #526 on: February 22, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »
> Let's take it slowly, then.
> Float into the opening as far as the bucket can reasonably go, just to see if we can see anything new around the westward bend.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #527 on: February 22, 2012, 12:01:19 PM »
> Let's take it slowly, then.
> Float into the opening as far as the bucket can reasonably go, just to see if we can see anything new around the westward bend.

>You lean into the opening as far as you can. Looking around the bend, you can see that the hollow is indeed a proper tunnel. It twists until it is going nearly southward and descends downward into the earth. The walls grow a bit closer together, but you don't think you're going to have any problem fitting between them without your bucket.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #528 on: February 22, 2012, 12:08:02 PM »
> Descending down? Yeah, we're going to want Yamame on-hand for this.
> Return to the ravine room by retracing our bounces/floating/whatever, then return to Yamame's place via the path we took out of the ravine room the first time (the one that didn't go through a fairy 'house'.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #529 on: February 22, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »
> Descending down? Yeah, we're going to want Yamame on-hand for this.
> Return to the ravine room by retracing our bounces/floating/whatever, then return to Yamame's place via the path we took out of the ravine room the first time (the one that didn't go through a fairy 'house'.

>You depart from the column room, and retrace your steps through the soil chamber and the chamber you awoke in, getting a confused look from the faerie there as she sews. From there you return to the ravine and more familiar lands, passing through the pool chamber and descending down to the corridor leading to the bat warrens. After that, it's a simple trip back to Yamame's home.
>Returning to the web chamber, you see that Yamame appears to be in the process of putting up a new web over the tunnel to the surface.  She is writing something in it, but you can't tell what it is yet. You also note that her chatty companion is gone now.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #530 on: February 22, 2012, 01:33:53 PM »
> "You still workin' on those?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #531 on: February 22, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »
> "You still workin' on those?"

>"They ain't gonna make themselves, buddy," says Yamame.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #532 on: February 22, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »
> Does Yamame know about our legs?
> "Well, when you get the chance, I need help lookin' through some of the tunnels I was in earlier. Found some good stuff, but I ran across one small one the bucket won't fit through."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #533 on: February 22, 2012, 03:15:58 PM »
> Does Yamame know about our legs?
> "Well, when you get the chance, I need help lookin' through some of the tunnels I was in earlier. Found some good stuff, but I ran across one small one the bucket won't fit through."

>She doesn't know all the details, but she's aware that you can't walk normally.
>"What's the deal with it?" she says, looking over from her work.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #534 on: February 22, 2012, 04:04:55 PM »
> Pull out and hold up a salt crystal.
> "It's a small opening in a chamber with a bunch of salt crystals. I'm guessing it's not picked through very often if there are still that many crystals there. Given the opening's fairly small and the way the tunnel winds, I'd bet it's picked through even less, which means it could have some more good stuff."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #535 on: February 22, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
> Pull out and hold up a salt crystal.
> "It's a small opening in a chamber with a bunch of salt crystals. I'm guessing it's not picked through very often if there are still that many crystals there. Given the opening's fairly small and the way  the tunnel winds, I'd bet it's picked through even less."

>Yamame nods. "So what do you want me to do?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #536 on: February 22, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »
> "I'm not leaving my bucket alone for longer than I have to. Not after it got jacked that one time. So you could either explore the small tunnel, or guard the bucket while I do it. If I go down it, there are more salt crystals there you can help yourself to if you want, and there's another larger tunnel I haven't looked through yet if you get bored."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #537 on: February 22, 2012, 05:45:42 PM »
> "I'm not leaving my bucket alone for longer than I have to. Not after it got jacked that one time. So you could either explore the small tunnel, or guard the bucket while I do it. If I go down it, there are more salt crystals there you can help yourself to if you want, and there's another larger tunnel I haven't looked through yet if you get bored."

>"Sure, buddy, I can watch your bucket, if it's that big a deal," says Yamame.  "You think someone's around who'll take it?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #538 on: February 22, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »
> "No clue. But there's enough fairies about and a bunch of 'em are into some fairy group activity nonsense thing, so who knows where they might wander and what they might think if they see it unattended. All I know for sure is that you ain't jackin' it and you can give what for to anyone that tries."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:49:52 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #539 on: February 22, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »
> "No clue. But there's enough fairies about and a bunch of 'em are into some fairy group activity nonsense thing, so who knows where they might wander and what they might think if they see it unattended. All I know for sure is that you ain't jackin' it and you can give what for to anyone that tries."

>She nods. "Yeah, can't trust faeries with important things, buddy. Lemme finish getting this up and I'll help out."

>_