Author Topic: Kisume Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 47630 times)

Re: Kisume Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #360 on: February 09, 2012, 12:25:11 AM »
> "Yeah, they're odd, I'm not even sure if they live here, they were just suddenly all over the place today"
> "Oh, and how'd ya even end up here?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2012, 12:31:43 AM »
> "Yeah, they're odd, I'm not even sure if they live here, they were just suddenly all over the place today"
> "Oh, and how'd ya even end up here?"

>"I went down the hole," says the faerie. She tries to gesture toward the tunnel to the surface, but her arm is stuck to the web."

>_

« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2012, 12:33:34 AM »
> Okay this is amusing
> "Down what hole?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #363 on: February 09, 2012, 12:37:54 AM »
> Okay this is amusing
> "Down what hole?"

>Silly stuck faerie...
>"That one, over there!" she says, waggling her hand in its general direction. "The big one!"

>_

« Reply #364 on: February 09, 2012, 12:43:18 AM »
>  :3
> Once we've had enough flailing fairy for the day, ask her if she wants to go back.
> Do we think we could pull her off Yamame's web on our own?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #365 on: February 09, 2012, 12:50:49 AM »
>  :3
> Once we've had enough flailing fairy for the day, ask her if she wants to go back.
> Do we think we could pull her off Yamame's web on our own?

>You don't get the text part of text adventure, do ya bucko?
>You ask the faerie if she wants to go back. "Once the ride's over!" she says.
>Thinking on it, you're not sure how Yamame extracts things from her webs. You don't think it is through brute strength, at least...

>_

« Reply #366 on: February 09, 2012, 01:05:01 AM »
> They should be called text-and-perhaps-emotes-in-exceptional-cases adventures!
> Well she doesn't really seem bothered by her situation much so I guess we should just leave her there and move on.
> ...move on to what?
> How hungry/tired are we?

I'm not really sure of what to do from here on, if we can't find any more leads on the guy the only other interesting thing around is the faerie bunch.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #367 on: February 09, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »
> They should be called text-and-perhaps-emotes-in-exceptional-cases adventures!
> Well she doesn't really seem bothered by her situation much so I guess we should just leave her there and move on.
> ...move on to what?
> How hungry/tired are we?

>I'll emote your exceptional case, fuckshit
>You don't think the faerie is especially bothered, as the next thing she says is "So anyways..." before continuing on with whatever she is blathering about.
>You consider what to do next. You're not really tired, having woken up a little while ago. You wouldn't mind something to eat, but you're not precisely hungry.

>_

« Reply #368 on: February 09, 2012, 01:23:14 AM »
> This parser's so mean, yo! D=
>  Yamame will probably release her soon whether she wants to or not in order to keep her sanity.
> "Oi, Yamame, I'm gonna go check something!"
> Wave and make our way back to the tunnel where we unsuccesfully jumped that farmer fellow.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #369 on: February 09, 2012, 01:41:55 AM »
> This parser's so mean, yo! D=
>  Yamame will probably release her soon whether she wants to or not in order to keep her sanity.
> "Oi, Yamame, I'm gonna go check something!"
> Wave and make our way back to the tunnel where we unsuccesfully jumped that farmer fellow.

>Oh my god that last panel, what is wrong with her face?!
>You figure that Yamame knows what she's doing in regards to this faerie, and tell her that you're going to go check something. "Sure thing, buddy," she says. "I'll be around here."
>You wave, and return to the scene of the crime. It is as you remember it, and it doesn't seem like anyone has been around lately.

>_

« Reply #370 on: February 09, 2012, 01:55:05 AM »
Cyclops Marisa is best Marisa.

> Try to find our way to the tunnel we ended up in when we woke up and keep an eye out for anything looking out of place, including granite.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #371 on: February 09, 2012, 01:57:48 AM »
> Try to find our way to the tunnel we ended up in when we woke up and keep an eye out for anything looking out of place, including granite.

>At this point, you could think of a few ways to get there; all of them would converge at the ravine chamber where you collected those mushrooms.

>_

« Reply #372 on: February 09, 2012, 02:03:46 AM »
> Take the path that seems the safest/easiest for a human to travel through.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #373 on: February 09, 2012, 02:24:18 AM »
> Take the path that seems the safest/easiest for a human to travel through.

>You ponder which path would be safest or easiest. You are able to eliminate a couple because flight would be required. This leaves two ways you can think of. One would be going through the Ancient City and taking a side cavern along the river. The other would be going through the bat warrens.

>_

« Reply #374 on: February 09, 2012, 02:31:21 AM »
> Hmmm, let's go with the one through the Ancient City. Does it involve getting past or particularly close to Parsee?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #375 on: February 09, 2012, 02:45:58 AM »
> Hmmm, let's go with the one through the Ancient City. Does it involve getting past or particularly close to Parsee?

>You shouldn't have to go past her, but there's no way she wouldn't notice you descending down to the bank if she is there at all.

>_

« Reply #376 on: February 09, 2012, 02:51:58 AM »
> So Parsee must've seen the guy if he carried us over through this path... well, as long as she was there when it happened.
> Follow the path until we get to the river, then float over to the bridge to give the "bridge princess" a visit.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #377 on: February 09, 2012, 03:05:02 AM »
> So Parsee must've seen the guy if he carried us over through this path... well, as long as she was there when it happened.
> Follow the path until we get to the river, then float over to the bridge to give the "bridge princess" a visit.

>You follow the tunnel northward to the Ancient City, and return there quickly enough.
>As you reach the bridge, you see bridge princess is still there, leaning against the railing and seeming to be reading something. As you approach, she looks over, wearing a expression that makes you think that she bit into a lemon. "I see you're back," she says, as she closes the book and puts it away in a purse she has dangling from her shoulder.

>_

« Reply #378 on: February 09, 2012, 03:11:29 AM »
> Meh, who wants a purse when you can have a bucket?
> "Uh, yeah, I was kind of in a hurry earlier. I was just wonderin' if you saw this white-haired human guy loitering about today, specially down there near the river"
> Wonder if all that rail-leaning ever leads to her falling off her own bridge.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #379 on: February 09, 2012, 03:23:08 AM »
> Meh, who wants a purse when you can have a bucket?
> "Uh, yeah, I was kind of in a hurry earlier. I was just wonderin' if you saw this white-haired human guy loitering about today, specially down there near the river"
> Wonder if all that rail-leaning ever leads to her falling off her own bridge.

>Stupid bridge youkai with her torso full of legs that don't function in a bucket properly, thinking she's hot shit.
>"I'm sure you were," she says. "And I saw the human you're talking about. He didn't have anything to do with the river besides looking at it, he just crossed the bridge."
>You don't know if she's ever fallen off, but if she does, you will laugh forever.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #380 on: February 09, 2012, 03:29:30 AM »
> What negative experiences have we had with Parsee before the last 12 hours?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #381 on: February 09, 2012, 03:30:57 AM »
> What negative experiences have we had with Parsee before the last 12 hours?

>Parsee has always been an irritating or sour person to deal with when you've crossed this bridge in the past. She's just so stuck up and full of herself it's annoying, an the little catty comments never help.

>_

« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2012, 03:32:04 AM »
> Picture the falling scenario unless we feel that such a thing would lead us to laughing right in her face, in that case save it for later amusement.
> "So he wasn't dragging... uh... a bucket with him along the river? to be honest, the guy caught me by surprise and knocked me out, and by the time I woke up I was in a completely different tunnel" point over in the direction of the side cavern by the river "so he probably dragged me over there, and I figured you couldn't possibly have missed him if he'd been running around the river dragging me around. So in the end he just passed through here empty handed? did he say anything?"

Wow those were some nice two cuts.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #383 on: February 09, 2012, 03:42:58 AM »
> Picture the falling scenario unless we feel that such a thing would lead us to laughing right in her face, in that case save it for later amusement.
> "So he wasn't dragging... uh... a bucket with him along the river? to be honest, the guy caught me by surprise and knocked me out, and by the time I woke up I was in a completely different tunnel" point over in the direction of the side cavern by the river "so he probably dragged me over there, and I figured you couldn't possibly have missed him if he'd been running around the river dragging me around. So in the end he just passed through here empty handed? did he say anything?"

>You don't think you'd laugh right in her face, but possibly grin improperly. You save it for later.
>"Huh," she says, following your finger toward the cavern in question. "he knocked you out? It didn't look like he had it in him. But no, he certainly wasn't dragging any buckets or anything. He didn't say a thing, just stopped when I told him to watch his step. I was replacing Plank 73, and didn't want him to screw it up. He did walked around, and that was the last I saw of him. I warned him he'd be oni bait in there, but I don't think he cared. Just kept on walking."

>_

« Reply #384 on: February 09, 2012, 03:54:38 AM »
> "And I take it he never did come back out after that, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #385 on: February 09, 2012, 03:59:51 AM »
> "And I take it he never did come back out after that, right?"

>"Not yet, anyways," says the bridge princess with a shrug. "Not my fault he wouldn't listen."

>_

« Reply #386 on: February 09, 2012, 04:04:42 AM »
> "Yeah, from what I heard earlier he's probably gotten chased down by some oni by now. Anyway, this narrows down my search a little bit so I better get goin'"
> Backtrack all the way to the tunnel where we jumped the guy and take the other, more unpleasant route, looking out for anything suspicious or out of place.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #387 on: February 09, 2012, 04:12:17 AM »
> "Yeah, from what I heard earlier he's probably gotten chased down by some oni by now. Anyway, this narrows down my search a little bit so I better get goin'"
> Backtrack all the way to the tunnel where we jumped the guy and take the other, more unpleasant route, looking out for anything suspicious or out of place.

>"Well that's what he gets," says Parsee. "Some people just don't know when to quit. Want me to say anything if I see him again?"

>_

« Reply #388 on: February 09, 2012, 04:17:58 AM »
> "Nah, I'd rather talk to him personally. Thanks anyway"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #389 on: February 09, 2012, 04:18:40 AM »
> "Nah, I'd rather talk to him personally. Thanks anyway"

>"Eh, whatever," she says.

>_