Author Topic: *Full Game* Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude (Looking for music composers)  (Read 57249 times)

Well, do you still have a version with the old soundtrack, even if it's "stolen" from anime and things? :C

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
Well, do you still have a version with the old soundtrack, even if it's "borrowed" from anime and things? :C

It was in the first post, a little under the download link :V
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:34:39 PM by puremrz »
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Stealing is borrowing without letting the owners know of it. :P

Anyway, thanks. Didn't notice that. You can shoot me for that.

Edit:
It won't download on my end. o_o
Asked for a friend to DL it, he gets a trojan detection upon clicking the link. That doesn't happen with other mediafire links. x_x
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:54:17 PM by Maav »

puremrz

That's strange. Are you sure it's not detecting anything because of the ads you get?
And it won't download for me either right now, so I'll just remove it then.
Well, here's a video playthrough (old version), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-frXZJ8sKpk
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:35:05 PM by puremrz »

Will download now. Gonna do an AV scan with the same antivirus software he uses to ensure that it was an ad-related positive, not file-related.

Avast said it's safe. :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:50:39 PM by Maav »

puremrz

How's the music making going?
I haven't been able to whip up anything myself, because I'm mostly working on the character art of next game.

Creating a face that will satisfy me takes very long... Moving the eyes, mouth and nose a bit can give you such different impressions of her face.

(I like the 3rd best, but... Maybe I can make it better if I use other eyes...) (...That's why I'll be busy for a while)

Ah, it's Tomoko again, but she's not important in this game. She just happened to come first. And I haven't drawn her glasses on yet by the way.

...And that game will also need music, whelp!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:23:50 AM by puremrz »

puremrz

I've been silent for a while now, that's because I've been busy drawing character art (see last post). So how about some info on Ryo's game?

I'm doing things quite different this time. Much more organised. The real fun of danmakufu is of course to make enemy scripts and stages.
But if you want to keep things as orderly as possible, it's best to save those for last. I certainly learned that during the making of Summer Interlude!
So I built a little chart of my ideal building order:

Code: [Select]
Player Script: The player script affects the game, and not the other way around. So this is best to do first.
-Shots
-Bombs
-Gui
-Mechanics

Main Menu: If you're willing to go as far as to make a full game that also has a main menu, don't wait with it.
-Main Screen
-Player Type Select
-High Score
-Spellcard Practise
-Stage Practise
-Start Game/Extra/Nightmare options

Main Mechanics: With the main menu out of the way, build the mechanics first, such as custom items and other small details
-Dialogue
-Boss sprites
-Custom Enemy Deaths

3D Backgrounds: Not many people like doing this. It is complicated and a drag after all. But when you get the hang of it, you can use the same layout for each stage.

Stages: Adding bosses and enemies. Fun stuff, not complicated at all compared to your previous ordeals.
-Bosses
-Enemies

Any Time: You can make spellcards whenever you want. But without the proper planning, you'll keep modifying them. (Like I did with custom health bars, include function, lack of knowledge)
-Spellcards
-Cutins
-Art

As for the next game's progress:
I'm messing around with cutscenes now to make them more dynamic and fun.  cooked up some fun ideas for that, like the option to make choices, a la visual novel, and cute animations.
But for now, I'm applying new techniques such as "functions" and "tasks" as a main part of scripting. (Yes, those are still very new to me! :V But they'll save a lot of time in the long run.)

Anyway, a random snapshot to get you wondering what the hell is going on here:

Place-holder graphics galore!
-A recolored Masahiro with square familiars because I haven't made Ryo's sprites yet.
-A faceless Kurumi because I'm saving faces for the last. (Also, my scanner won't get the colors the way I want them)
-And the standard background!

By the way, do you know anyone who uses Supernatural Border in danmakufu?

Kurumi is scary without her eyes and mouth...

Anyways puremrz I am working on the music for stage 1 but I am a bit busy with this: http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/incomplete-deathtrap-mini/5025

It's a fun rollercoaster I made but getting the bumps out IS SO FREAKING HARD.

puremrz

Kurumi is scary without her eyes and mouth...

Anyways puremrz I am working on the music for stage 1 but I am a bit busy with this: http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/incomplete-deathtrap-mini/5025

It's a fun rollercoaster I made but getting the bumps out IS SO FREAKING HARD.

Drawing the faces will be a pain. No matter how much I move the eyes and mouths around, it never looks good. (I'm picky) D:

Anyway, I'm glad you're still alive, looking forward to the music you're making.
Better hurry though, as I'm working hard on the next game.

Also, what game is that? It's not Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, is it?

*Goes back to making new enemy bullets and player bombs*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5QU69A9P2Y&feature=youtu.be
There you go! Here is a sample of my music. If you'd like me to help just ask because I'm free as of now. ;)

puremrz

Re: *Full Game* Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude (Looking for music composers)
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2012, 05:32:09 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5QU69A9P2Y&feature=youtu.be
There you go! Here is a sample of my music. If you'd like me to help just ask because I'm free as of now. ;)

For how long have you been making music? From the looks hears of this song,  I can suspect that you haven't made much music before. It sounds about the same as what I can do at my level.
I'm pretty strict when it comes to music, and judging from the two songs on your account, I'll probably reject a lot of samples. (Especially if they use only 1 instrument. :P)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2012, 06:19:16 PM »
I'm still hardly treading water when it comes to things such as music compositions, but if you would like, I can probably put stuff together.

Samples include the Stage 1-1 theme of my own shmup, Lunacy Star 2
the second boss theme to it,
a collection of the entire OST to the first in MIDI format

I completely understand if you reject my offer, I would reject me too (it's just that no one would compose for me so i tried to do it myself :getdown: )

I saw Fox Fanatic play through the game on YouTube- is all of that music from other stuff?
It's a shame, because I really liked the final boss theme. Where did it come from?

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »
omfg sanity how did you

you inspired me to make music for this game aswell but I cant because I use fl studio 10
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:31:44 PM by fonduemaster »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2012, 06:34:56 PM »
you inspired me to make music for this game aswell but I cant because I use fl studio 10

but i use fl studio 9

puremrz

« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »
I'm still hardly treading water when it comes to things such as music compositions, but if you would like, I can probably put stuff together.

Samples include the Stage 1-1 theme of my own shmup, Lunacy Star 2
the second boss theme to it,
a collection of the entire OST to the first in MIDI format

I saw Fox Fanatic play through the game on YouTube- is all of that music from other stuff?
It's a shame, because I really liked the final boss theme. Where did it come from?

I like what you made, it's got a bit of a retro feel to it. That boss theme is great too! I'd love to hear more. ^_^

What I'm looking for in the music is that they will give you the same impression as the current music does.
The first stages being calm, the middle stages sounding Japanese, and the last stages tensing up.
As for the boss music, themes that fit their personality/danmaku theme. (And the last boss is just general epicness)

I would reject me too (it's just that no one would compose for me so i tried to do it myself :getdown: )
Same here, lol :V (Incidentally, yesterday I got the 3DSware "Rytmik Retrobits" for my 3DS, so I can spend more time practising music without needing my pc)

-Actually, I've been wondering where the final boss theme comes from too. I'm 80% sure I found it somewhere in a game's soundtrack on YouTube, but I never managed to find the source. :(

Edit: You people move fast, 2 posts while I was replying :V

« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »
For how long have you been making music? From the looks hears of this song,  I can suspect that you haven't made much music before. It sounds about the same as what I can do at my level.
I'm pretty strict when it comes to music, and judging from the two songs on your account, I'll probably reject a lot of samples. (Especially if they use only 1 instrument. :P)
That's okay! I actually have made other songs but these were me expirimenting with a new music studio and using youtue to put links to other places. But no I am certainly not the best musician, but I'll try one more song see if I can include another instrument. But it looks like I'm getting pretty out done by everyone. (I can only play the piano :P)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »
I like what you made, it's got a bit of a retro feel to it. That boss theme is great too! I'd love to hear more. ^_^

"surprised" doesn't even begin lol

What I'm looking for in the music is that they will give you the same impression as the current music does.
The first stages being calm, the middle stages sounding Japanese, and the last stages tensing up.
As for the boss music, themes that fit their personality/danmaku theme. (And the last boss is just general epicness)

I'll have to actually play the game :>

Oh, well, sure. I did just get Danmakufu configured on my home computer after all, I don't see why not.
(some weird business due to applocale that got sorted out now)
(and now i can curse at marine benefit's ludicrous lunatic mode)

Edit: You people move fast, 2 posts while I was replying :V

I am in programming class. This is what I do.

I'll see if I can get anything out to you within a few days. The last thing I made was the fourth boss theme in LS2, and that was on 30 March.
(I am tabling the game for a little bit anyway, to focus on an RPG competition that will last three months, so I figure that leaves me plenty of time :] )

puremrz

« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »
Oh, well, sure. I did just get Danmakufu configured on my home computer after all, I don't see why not.
(some weird business due to applocale that got sorted out now)
(and now i can curse at marine benefit's ludicrous lunatic mode)

You don't actually need Applocale for my game though. There are no weird foreign characters in any of the scripts, so the game will work fine even without Applocale.
You do need to run it on the danmakufu that comes with it though. Some people dumped it in their own danmakufu folder, resulting in a "player character is missing lol" error.

Retro: The main instrument reminded me a bit of older games :( (Also, blame Rytmik Retrobit)

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »
@puremrz
Give me a stage atmosphere. any one and ill see if I can beat Taizen at it >:D
Probably wont though. im just bored
I am talking about music

EDIT: Taizen it is then.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:05:27 PM by fonduemaster »

puremrz

« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2012, 07:01:42 PM »
@puremrz
Give me a stage atmosphere. any one and ill see if I can beat Chisou Taizen at it >:D

lol :V

In that case, I'm curious what you can make of the stage 4 theme. It's the Japanese festival ("matsuri" just in case you didn't know yet (omg)) stage. Tanabata themed.
Currently I'm using this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS50NvcfZKc because it has the right cheerful mood to it. The instruments are also nice, but it's missing the real matsuri feel though, like drums
If you need Japanese instruments/soundfonts, I collected a lot, so I can PM them to you.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2012, 07:02:21 PM »
@puremrz
Give me a stage atmosphere. any one and ill see if I can beat Chisou Taizen at it >:D
I am talking about music

Taizen, if you will.
(weird japanese backward name convention.)

Allow me to make it easy for you:
something horrible i put together in six minutes because let's not realize that class is over
(and that's with calm in mind haha first stage forest)

I usually take at least 45 minutes or so to make things, and this is usually how all my midis (and by extension MP3s as my MP3s are reskinned midis) begin. Terribly sorry ;_;

I'll take another crack at it sometime. I haven't composed in days, so something will hit me soon enough.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be late to pre-calculus.
CONIC SECTION ROTATIONS.

~Taizen

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2012, 07:03:29 PM »
lol :V

In that case, I'm curious what you can make of the stage 4 theme. It's the Japanese festival ("matsuri" just in case you didn't know yet (omg)) stage. Tanabata themed.
Currently I'm using this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS50NvcfZKc because it has the right cheerful mood to it. The instruments are also nice, but it's missing the real matsuri feel though, like drums
If you need Japanese instruments/soundfonts, I collected a lot, so I can PM them to you.
YAY! Wait a minute...OH SHI-
Well whatever ill do it for money fun. Please PM me the soundfonts :D

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2012, 07:08:33 PM »
something horrible i put together in six minutes because let's not realize that class is over
~Taizen
Actually, with a bit of editing it sounds like a very eerie giant dolls house stage. Not for Alice, for some reason.

puremrz

« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2012, 07:18:58 PM »
Actually, with a bit of editing it sounds like a very eerie giant dolls house stage. Not for Alice, for some reason.

To me it sounds like it will go great with "Pick a box. Its contents will help you on your way." :V

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »
Oh God.
Guess what i'm gonna say.
Sanity wins.
Yes he does and i've made a fool of myself.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2012, 12:40:53 AM »
Hurk

Game's too hard :getdown:

Never before have I been driven to tears by a second stage boss on Normal Mode

i would love to make music

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2012, 03:52:21 AM »
The only Trump Cards I cannot Unlock are Haruna's (Just how do you pass most bosses without hitbox!?), Tomomi (Are you freaking kidding me!?) and Shinichi (No Way! That's Impossible!)

Oh, and the Witches one, but that's because I haven't played a lot lately
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

puremrz

« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:08 AM »
Hurk

Game's too hard :getdown:

Never before have I been driven to tears by a second stage boss on Normal Mode

i would love to make music

Oh it's not that hard :V I can easily finish the game with about 5 lives left on normal, better than SA, UFO, 10D, MoF... any Touhou game actually. But then again, I made the thing.
But just stick with Easy for now. And try spellcard practise when you clear Easy. You can practise any difficulty if you've unlocked the spellcard. And that goes for stage practise too.

The only Trump Cards I cannot Unlock are Haruna's (Just how do you pass most bosses without hitbox!?), Tomomi (Are you freaking kidding me!?) and Shinichi (No Way! That's Impossible!)

Oh, and the Witches one, but that's because I haven't played a lot lately

Yeah, those are quite insane aren't they? Just remember to play on Easy mode. Capturing their Trump Cards is harder than unlocking them >:D (Except maybe Tomomi's. Hers isn't even danmaku)
...I could modify the requirements a bit though. -50% focus time. 5 lives. 5 bombs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:17:39 AM by puremrz »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2012, 06:21:21 PM »
Oh it's not that hard :V I can easily finish the game with about 5 lives left on normal, better than SA, UFO, 10D, MoF... any Touhou game actually. But then again, I made the thing.

Not related to your game:

I invite you to play Lunacy Star :getdown:
I can beat the Normal Mode with 12 lives left in stock, and it gave Jaimers a little bit of trouble.
(Then again it was a first play. But oh well.)
(Then again again he did clear.)
(And it took me several tries to clear the first time.)
(You get my point. It's really flippin hard. ._. )

Or rather, wait until the second one is done because it's easier.

Related to your game:

Since I know what I'm working with in regards to the moods that are being set out, I'm starting work on it. ;)

puremrz

« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2012, 07:21:43 PM »
Not related to your game:

I invite you to play Lunacy Star :getdown:
I can beat the Normal Mode with 12 lives left in stock, and it gave Jaimers a little bit of trouble.
(Then again it was a first play. But oh well.)
(Then again again he did clear.)
(And it took me several tries to clear the first time.)
(You get my point. It's really flippin hard. ._. )

Or rather, wait until the second one is done because it's easier.

Related to your game:

Since I know what I'm working with in regards to the moods that are being set out, I'm starting work on it. ;)

*Played and replied in your topic*

Ah, your game's music sounds quite fit for a shooting game with lots of machinery in it. So you'll have to step out of that habit if you're working on the music for my game because there are no mechs in it. :V
(Well, Shinichi's theme is close enough: War and tactics. But I won't need his theme until the 2nd game.)