Author Topic: *Full Game* Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude (Looking for music composers)  (Read 57180 times)

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
Re: *Full Game* Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude (Looking for music composers)
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2012, 07:36:35 AM »
I'd like to make some music for the  game. Is there a time frame you need all the music done by? What kind of music do you want? Should it be very reminiscent of Touhou? Since, I imagine, there are multiple composers, does the lack of compositional cohesion bother or worry you?

Anyone is welcome, it's been ages since I last heard anything from the others, so as far as I know, you'd be the only one (*forever alone*)
Have you heard the current in-game music? You can use that as an example.
It doesn't have to be Touhou-ish, the setting is mostly casual, so overly hyper music would only sound out of place.
Do you have any samples I can listen to?
  ;)

If anything, it'll ease the load off me :V
I've yet to come up with any songs that I deem of ample quality :fail:

Gimme!

argh ilu so hard puremrz

Oh wow. It's very versatile I must say. And dem colors, man. But I can't help but notice the oddballs (in my opinion) in the sheet;

-Music notes (I'm guessing since that noone else in Summer Interlude had music as their theme, I am assuming Ryo's nightmare boss will use this, I bet.)
Actually, Mai's theme (3rd boss partner) is sound/music.
There'll be less double battles for Ryo's game, so it's easier to make out themes.

-Claws/Fists (Or this, if I am wrong.)
Claw/Fists? Which? The video has the names of the bullets in the upper right. Claws/Fists sounds like a good idea though...!

-Cutlery set (...Nanami, possibly? Though the spell cards I've seen of her do enough for her theme.)
Cutterly... *adds to dictionary* Yup, Nanami.

-Neutron symbols (???)
For the lulz. And even though Haruna's theme is psychology, this suits her too.

-Leaves (Wouldn't the hit boxes on them make the boss a tough customer, though?)
Mwah, the hitboxes on these aren't so bad. The fans' are worse though. I may add a glowy effect to the center like with the musical notes. Maybe.

Also, there's this for the main game;

-Bad ending (I don't think stopping the plural completely if you continue would do good.)
But at least it fades out!
I don't think the next storyline will even allow a good ending :V

*sleeps*

Oh yeah, I was going to re-upload the player script with added life/bomb icons file.
Processing.......... http://www.mediafire.com/?9ha5mgbermgtizh

Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2012, 05:55:20 PM »
Whenever I don't like a song enough to give to other people, I usually end up sticking it into one of my own projects. This is among the reasons why Lunacy Star 2 has so many original tracks, versus reconstituted / reused old works like everything else I've made.

See > http://soundcloud.com/taizenchisou/sets/lunacy-star-second/
Stage 5-1, 5-3, and the fifth boss theme started out as Summer Interlude projects, but they didn't fit anywhere, I don't think >_>
Lunacy Star 2 is still on hiatus and therefore the entire fifth stage doesn't exist, so you could still have them if you wanted? I'll probably come up with something else later, and I'm much more comfortable composing to my standards :getdown:
(You know, the whole "but what if they don't like it" deal and the limitation of the FL Studio demo of making every song in one sitting definitely helps)

I'm also trying to come up with mess for Hanzo's project, but that's also a challenge and a half.

Other than that, the inspiration's been pretty dry recently, the only other compositions I've been able to produce were for Dungeon Quest Man.
(and half of those are still reused)

puremrz

« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
Whenever I don't like a song enough to give to other people, I usually end up sticking it into one of my own projects. This is among the reasons why Lunacy Star 2 has so many original tracks, versus reconstituted / reused old works like everything else I've made.

See > http://soundcloud.com/taizenchisou/sets/lunacy-star-second/
Stage 5-1, 5-3, and the fifth boss theme started out as Summer Interlude projects, but they didn't fit anywhere, I don't think >_>
Lunacy Star 2 is still on hiatus and therefore the entire fifth stage doesn't exist, so you could still have them if you wanted? I'll probably come up with something else later, and I'm much more comfortable composing to my standards :getdown:
(You know, the whole "but what if they don't like it" deal and the limitation of the FL Studio demo of making every song in one sitting definitely helps)

I'm also trying to come up with mess for Hanzo's project, but that's also a challenge and a half.

Other than that, the inspiration's been pretty dry recently, the only other compositions I've been able to produce were for Dungeon Quest Man.
(and half of those are still reused)

*Listening to music*
lol, "Nuclear Sex Hell"
I'm also in need of music for the 2nd game. So there's plenty of room for unwanted music.
But doing a whole song in 1 sitting? Dayumn. That'd be horrible beyond words for me, especially if you find a part you don't like and can't edit it. Brr... You really need to find a way to avoid that limit!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »
Yeah, the song titles were randomly generated and then voted by my blog readers.

I'm also in need of music for the 2nd game. So there's plenty of room for unwanted music.

Oh, maybe I could come up with some stuff here too? Or maybe my plate's already full ._.

But doing a whole song in 1 sitting? Dayumn. That'd be horrible beyond words for me, especially if you find a part you don't like and can't edit it. Brr... You really need to find a way to avoid that limit!

Hence why most of my material I don't think is really good for much else than what I make >_>
I'd really have to strike gold to make something in a paltry two hours and be comfortable to hand it off to someone else.

As for Stage 5-1, 5-3, and the fifth boss, you should listen to it in MIDI format
This is how I compose everything first before transferring them to an MP3 format.
Perhaps this could, I dunno, usher in some optimism for when you listen to the first cut of a song I make and then hate it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:45:00 PM by チソウ タイゼン »

puremrz

« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
Perhaps this could, I dunno, usher in some optimism for when you listen to the first cut of a song I make and then hate it.

What made you think I'm a pessimist and hate your music? I never said anything like that.
Maybe you misunderstood the part where I said I'd hate to be forced to make a song in one run because of a limited program that won't save in between.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2012, 10:08:37 PM »
I'm the pessimistic one, here, because in my opinion, my music probably won't get better than this.
I'll still make music, but it'll be hard for me to like what happens more than half the time :qq:
Refer to some recent works for some insight as to why

« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2012, 12:33:20 AM »
Have you heard the current in-game music? You can use that as an example.
It doesn't have to be Touhou-ish, the setting is mostly casual, so overly hyper music would only sound out of place.
Do you have any samples I can listen to?

Well, when I'm making music for shits and giggles; as opposed to making music for, say, a video game (Read: every time I make music), I tend to just do whatever. But if you'd like to listen to music I've made in the recent past you check out my soundcloud here: http://soundcloud.com/saturnascends

http://soundcloud.com/saturnascends/03-a-teal-mania-i -- Is probably my most video game like song, which isn't saying much. But feel free to take a listen to the stuff.

I've yet to hear much of the in game music (can barely get through stage 2 (I'm so out of practice.  :( )). I'll play some of it and see what I can come up with.

Edit: Also, if I do character themes, maybe I can get a brief personality description of them?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:51:16 AM by saturnascends »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2012, 02:06:48 AM »
Or you could root through the /music directory :getdown:

Anyway, puremrz, I made another song for you, but lo and behold! it also doesn't fit anywhere :qq:

Edit: The square was supposed to be a sine?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:12:44 AM by チソウ タイゼン »

puremrz

« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
I've yet to hear much of the in game music (can barely get through stage 2 (I'm so out of practice.  :( )). I'll play some of it and see what I can come up with.

Edit: Also, if I do character themes, maybe I can get a brief personality description of them?

You can look in the script>Music folder to find the songs.
Seeing as your music sounds mostly electronic, perhaps you could make a nice song for Haruna (stage 6 midboss).
She appears as a stage 2 boss in the next game, so she'll need a song too. She uses psychology as her theme.

Anyway, puremrz, I made another song for you, but lo and behold! it also doesn't fit anywhere :qq:

That one is indeed hard to fit!
I think, with some tweaking (longer, slower beginning), Unsanctuary 4 would go pretty well with stage 5.