Author Topic: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - GAME END  (Read 44495 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - Day 1 (Player 1's Turn)
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2014, 10:47:16 AM »
Might I inquire so as to why you feel the need to defend Serela?

I might enquire why you are overreacting so much. Serela's wagonjump is bad, but I really don't think it makes Serela scum. Scum wouldn't do something so early to draw attention as to put someone at L-2 almost instantly while calling out 'arguments' that would be thrown at him.

Meanwhile, /Actiondan voted you during RVS and cheerled CF7's awful case. I think that is a lot worse. It's a lot more low-key too, since Dan didn't change his vote or anything.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2014, 10:48:06 AM »
Also I don't like only Serela being targeted when CF7's case was awful and Dan's actions were bad too.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2014, 10:49:44 AM »
@ CF7: Calling people out for lurking right out of RVS and on Page 1 is just bad, but I can see it was a discussion point.. The fact Dan cheerled that awful case is even worse IMO, however.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2014, 11:41:08 AM »
Im kind a drunk so this is a short

i was wating for NNR to say 'eys it is a serious vote'

because i was like 'dude yo uvote me becuase "zomg you make bad cases" ' and its totally the same situation as

the kid in school that gets bullied and is told "it is your fault that you get bullied"

nuh uh

so I thought his vote was not actually rvs and therefore scummy.,

but hten i remembered nnr always votes me first so i guess its just love
tough love

i should write a bromance novel

dear my sweet angelica

i mean nnr

i like to touch your golden locks
caress them, those silken trellises
as they waft down upon your noble brow
i breath in your earthy scent
and wonder why we cannot be alone together

or some shit like that

anyway

myvtoe on bard was just rvs so ill improve it when i drunk more
i mean
fisnished being grunks
dur

fuck

drunk

when im done

OH SHIT THE SHIFT KEY if i

i was hitting etner all the time instead of shift maybe anyway.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »
i wanted to write more love poetry but my wife was looking over my shoulder and >::::: what hte hell is this shit

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2014, 12:45:23 PM »
ACtualy righ now Im very lonely.  I play mafia ebecause i need to have somplace to belong.

I used to be the head rad i leader of the best guild in oceanic server worl of warfraft .  but they are all gone now.

i used to be somenow, now i am just pretending.

I miss those days but i wonder was it realy livng.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2014, 12:47:57 PM »
I'll note that this is your only contribution thus far.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »
Actually, I missed the part about the inclination for town!Serela.
Either way, whatever.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2014, 01:02:34 PM »
well if you want to include 'making a case on serela' under your resume then I guess you have contributed too. 

but you know snacking on babies is like the #1 scumtell.

##unvote
##vote Dormio

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2014, 01:31:08 PM »
lel

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2014, 01:33:29 PM »
Vote Count:

Dormio (4): ActionDan, CF7, Serela, Sky Paladin L-1
ActionDan (2): Zakeri, Raikaria
Serela (2): Bardiche, Dormio
Sky Paladin (1): NNR
Not Voting (0)
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

There are 13 hours and 30 minutes left in the day.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2014, 01:34:39 PM »
Huh, 4 votes is L-1. Right.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »
##Vote: Sky Paladin
Please stop shitting up the thread with your garbage. I'm not even joking, if you're "drunkposting" or whatever you like to pretend it is, get the fuck out and don't post. It's annoying as shit, clogs up the thread, and no one here gives a fuck. Come back when sober.

Serela's scummy because he's waxing an uncharacteristic lot about RVS, normally he's not in that much of a hurry to leave RVS, and he's been in-advance excusing himself already for scummy behaviour─mea culpa defences aren't typically kosher. After waxing about RVS, I think Serela ought to be more careful with his 'jokes' and be less misleading. Protip: It doesn't help town to paint a bullseye on yourself, regardless of what people think. Unless you're scum, then by all means.

Good enough for early RVS, not good enough for less than 24 hours left.

##Unvote

Don't like Dormio. This post is a horrible strawman argument. "If x then obviously y" isn't valid in this case because you're pretending Serela intentionally did x so he can intentionally do y later, where there's no evidence to support that. I agree that Serela shouldn't make up excuses beforehand, but we're past the point of RVS. Do you believe your Serela case trumps all else?

##Vote: Zakeri
I most of all don't like Zakeri making a sideline comment about "Dormio being too loud" and soft-defending Serela and over-simplifying the beef Dormio raised with Serela. The sideline comment sets him up for a Dormio vote because he implies there's something wrong with Dormio ("too loud"), but he doesn't explore it and leaves it to the rest of us to vote Dormio over it or something. I don't know. It rubs me wrong. Him sticking to ActionDan vote without clarification if he's left the RVS stage yet is also troublesome.

Other person I'd like to lynch: NNR, for being flat-out not here.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2014, 01:44:12 PM »
Actually the main thing is;
This whole point of Serela is scum because she said 'in before I am scummy' or whatever the hell it was;

See previous game

One point raised against me in Birds' argument was on my 'in before OMGUS'.  At this time, I was town; so I feel that this point is invalid. 

Re: Bard - it's my birthday in two days! 

Anyway I would actually lynch an NNR for being actually useless, whereas Dormio is trolling instead of scumhunting, so there could be an argument that trolling > afk. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2014, 01:48:07 PM »
Actually the main thing is;
This whole point of Serela is scum because she said 'in before I am scummy' or whatever the hell it was;

See previous game

One point raised against me in Birds' argument was on my 'in before OMGUS'.  At this time, I was town; so I feel that this point is invalid. 

Incomparable. "Inb4 OMGUS" still means you can think it'd be invalid criticism. Serela's said that he thought his action was scummy and he pre-empted people complaining about him being scummy. In the linked post I'm pretty sure you didn't think your vote was just a simple OMGUS.

Re: Bard - it's my birthday in two days! 
I don't give a fuck, seriously stop garbageposting.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2014, 02:03:24 PM »
Never did because you weren't given a chance to.

Why would you bother setting up the potential to do it if you weren't thinking of invoking it if something went awry?
This is really ridiculous imo. "The only reason you didn't do it is because I pointed it out before you actually did!" Oh no, now Dormio The Mastermind caught my master plan before I carried it out, now I can never not do it. ...I can't actually do it, either, so really, you probably would have been better off waiting for me to do it so you'd have ACTUAL EVIDENCE past Fairly Oddparents "I'm putting you in detention for bad things I think you might do!", which is dum.

Seriously, it was a joke, because I've actually been doing that on purpose for a few games to make RVS stop :V I was talking about it in the scum QT 2 games ago or something close to that.

~*~serela hates bad logic~*~ moving on

Re Dormio/Serela - Scum!Serela tunnels their scumbuddy and refuses to vote switch, and has shown an increasingly depressing inability to learn from mistakes. 
Considering the fact that I've been consistently dominating town whenever I roll scum for the past long while, this seems slightly out of place >:V I mean I guess it could still be true but I seem to be doing pretty well regardless, so I wouldn't call it depressing. (Then again, you could just blame motk town, but that's a completely different matter)

Serela's scummy because he's waxing an uncharacteristic lot about RVS, normally he's not in that much of a hurry to leave RVS, 
I hope the stuff I just brought out about how I was referencing stuff I've been doing in recent games and in one case have concrete evidence of having been blatantly self-awarely doing them in those games, is enough to null this argument >_>; (Then again, the one with evidence I was scum, but scum should have even less reason to care about ending rvs, not more)

I kind of agree that excusing making incomprehensible non-mafia-related walls can't really be excused by "but I was drunk", even if shadoweh thinks they're hilarious, I don't care too much if it only happens like once since I can just skip it but yeah

Anyway Dormio latching onto this stuff so hard and with some reasoning even Bard has pointed as questionable, I'm p.okay with leaving my vote where it is right now.

I looked at Zak again, but I pretty much agree with his post of "dormio is being too loud [about this]" (imo really overreacting to the point where I'm more than okay with a 48h d1 victimlynch on him) and "serela preemptively saying the post is scummy isn't worth lynching", so. It was so barely out of rvs at the time he made the post that I don't see the rest as problematic, although obv. he'll need a real vote when he posts again

I forgot how claustrophobic a 48h d1 is time-wise, anyway off to work bb~ (yes I'll be back plenty before deadline, we still have 13 hours)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2014, 02:09:22 PM »
RE: Bardiche (and Serela who cut me too I guess)
Nothing else was particularly interesting so I'll poke and prod at Serela until I'm satisfied. Problem?

I honestly don't really know how to, nor do I want to, read Sky Palladium's posts with content properly so I'm hoping that I can find someone else I trust enough to read him for me.
All I know is that I don't like it. But then again I never like it which is why I have no idea what to make of it. Whatever.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »
It's okay Dormio I feel you on that one
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »
Bard
In the linked post I'm pretty sure you didn't think your vote was just a simple OMGUS.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. 

I had made a case on DNA and seeing his rage, I expected him to OMGUS me. 

Re:  Garbage posting

OK, you are right. 

I am sorry. 

I was drunk and I thought it was fun; the last time I did it a lot of people made positive comments and I thought it would be okay to do it again because nothing else seemed to be happening.  I wasn't crumbing or doing anything useful.  I'll avoid doing it in future. 

Cut by Serela-

OK I am not completely drunk but I am pretty tired. 

Oh I see I put Dormio at L-1. 

##unvote

Hmmm.  Well my thoughts on this are, Dormio sole effort so far really has been 'make a case on Serela' and trollposts.  However looking back...this has been a pretty quiet day 1 and not a whole lot has happened, really. 

I would much rather lynch NNR for being completely useless than Dormio for being unhelpful.  I'd also happily lynch Dormio because it'd be great if we didn't panic consolidate lynch for once. 

I'm gonna go read Bard's case on Zak. 

cuts;

Dormio you can ignore my posts, I was just shit posting because I thought it was funny and okay to do. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2014, 02:25:11 PM »
a lot of people have been saying we could lynch nnr, but I'm sorry, uh

48 hour d1, half is rvs and a decent chunk of the other half is already consolidation time

I don't think this is enough to be able to declare someone lurking scummily and not just "oh well it was rvs and then I worked and slept (or vice versa)"

and... oh wow wait he hasn't posted since page 1? yeah I mean it would have been effortless for scum to make a comment on what was going on at any point of page 2

wait shit I really have to be leaving for work now

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2014, 02:35:58 PM »
Looking at Dormio's post;

Why would you bother setting up the potential to do it if you weren't thinking of invoking it if something went awry?

A little earlier, Bard says:

Just to check: I'm reading this as, "I was aware my action would likely be seen as scummy". Were you?

To me this is saying essentially the same thing, just at different levels.  Therefore I do question what difference Bard sees. 

Re:  Zak. 
I do agree this looks pretty weird and there's been nothing from Zak to follow it up.  Would sheep. 

Re:  Raikaria
Defense of Dormio, Serela.  I'd alert it except he used it as a credible case for a vote on Dan.  So I'd vote there, except Zak's already voting there, so I'm huuuh. 

I'll sleep on it. 

##vote NNR for being useless, however I expect to improve this vote to one of Dan or Zak pending on what activity these three get up to while I'm asleep. 

cut;
We're only on 3 pages.  Page 1 is RVS.  Page 2 is you and Dormio slapping each other.  Day 3 is me drunk posting and the present conversation.  What are you waiting for?

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2014, 02:48:41 PM »
Actually yeah...
Dormio, why aren't you calling out Dan for his vote (as suggested by Raikaria)?

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2014, 03:52:13 PM »
Yay, someone actually understands what I'm going on about.

To further the issue; Dan's said nothing at all since egging on CF7 to vote Dormio almost 24 hours ago. This is when you might start to consider calling out someone for inactivity.

Serela plays a pretty good scum game, and I simply don't think Serela's actions link up with Scum!Serela at all because if they were scum actions they're godawful scum actions. Meanwhile, Serela plays an awful town game and everyone thinks he's scummy, but lets him through to LYLO where he promptly loses the game for town.

I am a little worried about Dormio ignoreing the fact that Actiondan was egging on CF7's horrendous case [And, for that matter, largely ignoreing CF7 and tunneling Serela]; but I think it's a bit early to be calling out scumbuddy theories. Especially when those people put Dormio at L-1.

Speaking of, CF7; your initial vote reason isn't even valid anymore. Care to update us as to why you are now voting Dormio?

Anyway I would actually lynch an NNR for being actually useless, whereas Dormio is trolling instead of scumhunting, so there could be an argument that trolling > afk.

Sky; Trolling is antitown; AFK is neutral.

Also, Dormio was at L-1 for a while and wasn't hammered. That said, after what happened last game, I think scum would be hesitant to quickhammer.

Either that or they were all on Dormio already.

Or Dormio is scum.

... That's too many possibilities to actually be important without a flip, but still, I'm making a note of it now because it could be useful information later. Remember the 'Dormio is L-1' votecount, methinks.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »
Also; still think Dan is the correct lynch here. I don't really want to lynch either Serela or Dormio right now, because it usually ends up that the center of the D1 slapfights are BOTH Town. [Sky and myself can attest!] Dan's been rather inactive, goaded CF7 on a bad case and has happily been riding the Dormio wagon.

I would back up on an NNR lynch, however.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2014, 03:55:26 PM »
Oh, and I don't agree with Sky's statement that Dormio is trolling, I'm just correcting him that Trolling is worse than AFK.

Bardiche

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2014, 04:10:47 PM »
I hope the stuff I just brought out about how I was referencing stuff I've been doing in recent games and in one case have concrete evidence of having been blatantly self-awarely doing them in those games, is enough to null this argument >_>; (Then again, the one with evidence I was scum, but scum should have even less reason to care about ending rvs, not more)

Invoking WIFOM as a defence isn't that much better. Self-Aware Scum!Serela acting to his Town!meta isn't an outlandish proposal.

RE: Bardiche (and Serela who cut me too I guess)
Nothing else was particularly interesting so I'll poke and prod at Serela until I'm satisfied. Problem?

Yes, if your case on Serela consists of strawman and you're going to tunnel, I do have a problem.

I do question what difference Bard sees. 

Dormio is referencing Serela saying, "Do I need to do something stupid so everyone gets mad and RVS ends?", I'm referencing Serela saying
you're complaining about how I was aware that my action will likely be seen as scummy and stating such
Dormio argues that Serela asking that means he intended to do something stupid so everyone gets mad and then invoke that defence, I'm saying that's a strawman because it doesn't necessarily mean that was Serela's plan all along.

Raikaria, how do you feel about Zakeri?

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2014, 04:55:34 PM »
Also I don't like only Serela being targeted when CF7's case was awful and Dan's actions were bad too.
I won't call it a case. But the fact that Dormio wagon somehow managed to get 4 votes out of 5 needed is interesting. I'd say Dormio is town, based on this alone. And someone who voted is likely to be scum.
And i'd vote Dan exactly because of that. Because he was sorta active at the start, and then he disappeared. Plus his last post simply amounted to "Lynch Dormio".
##Unvote
##Vote ActioDan
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2014, 05:08:51 PM »
Raikaria, how do you feel about Zakeri?

First thought: 'Zakeri is in the game?!'

Second though: Not done enough to be anything but a null read atm. Glad he agrees with me somewhat:

I feel like Dormio is being too loud and also that Serela isn't really worthy of the lynch for pointing out the fact that people were going to slam him just before people started slamming him.

My basic stance is Serela isn't a good lynch and Dormio is overreacting and both are probobly in TvT D1 slapfighting. Zakeri seems to share this.

I'd lynch him if he was the option over Serela/Dormio for inactivity, but I'd lynch NNR way before him.

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2014, 05:12:48 PM »
I didn't really think my defense of Serela was "soft" but okay.
I think Dormio is pretty bad for laying it on thick. Stuff like his 58's "Why you defending him" seem super jumpy and over-reactionary.

Raikaria has a lot of good points in looking at CF7 and Dan.
I don't even know why Sky is doing right now, but it perfectly matches the avatar at least. Which isn't a good thing.

Reading the case in detail, yeah I could have stood to clarify why I didn't like Dormio more. If I had done so, I probably would have put him at L-1 before that other guy above just did.

Again, I don't see where Serela being scum is a thing, RVS happens by someone voting someone for looking the scummiest in early day one, it's not out of place to call out the fact that you'll look the scummiest early day one when trying to throw yourself out to be the transitional vote target from RVS to not-RVS.

post is half done, sending anyways.

« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2014, 05:15:12 PM »
While I think Dormio is bad, he's really only MotK Town Standards of bad. I still think ActionDan is a Valid lynch, and I guess NNR Is so, if I can remember what his Avatar looked like so I could find his posts. I guess by these standards, I'm a valid lynch target as well, but I'm not voting in that direction.