Author Topic: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - GAME END  (Read 44352 times)

Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Mafia - GAME END
« Reply #420 on: June 12, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »
i dunno how town lost this, i figured it pretty obviously had to be dormizak for the reasons serela pointed out. also town!dormio would've been shot over rawr and zak just felt like scum to me skimming. too bad i couldn't lylo herosub

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »
dan couldnt have been more obvtown i dont know how anyone thought he was scum this game  ???

yeah this lol

you don't make two enemies as scum in lylo when you only need to make one

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2014, 08:49:48 PM »
I thought it was because he was scum, but Dan posted a lot of rich content this game.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #423 on: June 12, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »
Well I was half right; Dormio was scum; and Zakeri was my 3rd choice. Unfortunetly the guy I thought was most scum was the cop. Can't get em all right ~_(._.)_~

Not sure how town screwed up LY... oh wait Serela was town and alive. It was pretty obvious that Dan was the legit cop. He did crumb on Rawr D2; and he checked Zakeri; while Dormio suddenly decided to check the guy he spent half of D2 defending for ??? reasons.

Also Zakeri basically won the game by lurking, and town mostly killed itself. As per usual.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:36:10 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2014, 09:55:51 PM »
I appreciate the feedback some of you guys have posted.  Bard's in particular.  In hindsight it was so obvious. 

I am sorry for screwing up.  That's, what, three LYLO blow up's now?  How many do I need to catch up to Serela?
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #425 on: June 12, 2014, 10:12:21 PM »
You cannot hope to defeat Serela in a derp-off.  He is simply the best there is.

« Reply #426 on: June 12, 2014, 11:09:59 PM »
Not sure how town screwed up LY... oh wait Serela was town and alive.

Please stop saying this.

« Reply #427 on: June 12, 2014, 11:25:08 PM »
yeah for fuck's sake serela was on-point this lylo, dont be a jerk

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #428 on: June 12, 2014, 11:32:40 PM »
Serela being bad at LYLO was so at least a year ago.

« Reply #429 on: June 13, 2014, 12:06:09 AM »
Also Zakeri basically won the game by lurking, and town mostly killed itself. As per usual.
I felt like I went through a transformation at the end of day 2, where I actually fought and voted to keep myself alive instead of just lurking through my own lynch.

On a somewhat related note, I'm totally going to use Tarot readings in future mafia games.

Also, I think serela handled the pressures of being town in lylo super well, not just compared to his usual meta but to motk's standard as well. There's a lot of weight on town to make the right decision since we only need one wrong vote to cock things up. There's always going to be the overwhelming urge to "Just get this game over with." Instead of waiting for everyone to go back and pick at the evidence (Such as My post, or Dan's pointing out that I had to make that post instead of trusting Dormio's results.)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #430 on: June 13, 2014, 12:15:06 AM »
also dormio's scumtell is that he's a complete ass for no reason :V
More like this has just been happening more since I starting playing DotA.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #431 on: June 13, 2014, 12:15:43 AM »
yeah for fuck's sake serela was on-point this lylo, dont be a jerk
It was kind of hilarious when Dan pointed out my initial reaction to Dormio and I went "Oh that was just because... because..." and then realized the critical thinking part of my brain really does tend to turn off inexplicably in lylo and lead to me accidentally throwing the situation. Biggest example:Diablo Mafia, when scum!Shadoweh tried to hammer and super-derp-failed because of halved votepower and then I hammered for her.

Although yeah, I've been ruining lylo for like 4 years, you'll never catch up. But no seriously, it was during this game that I started to realize there are players whose existence in lylo will worry me greatly in general situations, the way others may (have previously) worried about me being in lylo :C

Re@Zak:I know better than to vote in lylo before everyone's even gotten a chance to talk! D:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #432 on: June 13, 2014, 01:02:32 AM »
Bard's in particular.

What feedback?

I'd be happy that I snagged Zakeri as scum from Day 1, but my critical failure to convince people to ever see my way makes it pointless. If anyone has any advice how to write a more compelling case, I'm all ears. At this point, I just don't know how to play this game properly; the only ability I seem to have is to avoid getting lynched, and that's only helpful as scum. See: day 7 miracle.

EDIT: Also, to Sky_Pal, and I mean this in the least offensive way possible (I just suck at wording it nicely so whatever):
The reason I prompted, "Are you on drugs?" and ridiculed you is because you have a strong tendency to collect a list of actual happenings in the game, then draw a conclusion that doesn't seem to flow naturally from the equation provided. It's like saying a2 + ... = c2, but we're never aware of what happens between plus and equals.

If you could succinctly add why you think the events flow naturally to your conclusion, I think it'd be easier to take your arguments serious. When you said, "I think Bardiche is scummy for not chainsaw defending Dormio", I had a hard time taking you serious because I could not follow the train of thought that generated that conclusion from the facts provided.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:10:25 AM by Bardiche »

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #433 on: June 13, 2014, 03:40:18 AM »
In GYard you said, "If a member makes a half-hearted attempt to discredit a case,
that is a compelling scumteam argument,
because scumteams generally don't want to lynch each other,
so a half-hearted attempt actually argues a case of Dormio/Zak."

Sign me up for the same thing as Bard. 

For me, I was disillusioned after I failed to convince anybody to vote Dormio after he had been at L-1.  I gave up.  Players were town clearing him all over the place. 

I don't know how to do it, Bard.  After I fail to persuade people what I feel is the natural way, I have to try to artificially do it using some kind of data.  I understand your criticism. 

I think I'll keep my analysis out of the thread from now, and at least until I can get some accurate scum picks under my belt, try to resist from saying what is and isn't scummy.  I'm happy I picked Dormio day 1 and was on the right lynch day 2, but there was never any reason to hammer day 3 when I was sleep deprived.  I was just impatient.  It was a pretty retarded thing.  I'm unhappy with the result because if I had just slept on it and re-read Zak's post, I probalby would have gotten there. 

Instead I ignored my own advice, my own feelings, and my own logic to come to the wrong conclusion.  I'm pretty demoralized.  I was even strongly considering gambiting confirm guilty on Dormio day 2 but I thought "That would be throwing the game for a jerk reason."  After the last game, where I picked Urist/Birds from interactions on day 1 and day 2, and the masons pair, I thought, you know, I thought I was on to something good.  I tried so hard but I was just wasting my time for most of it.  I think next game, well, I'm not gonna afk, but wall posts aren't effective at getting a message across, and I spend so much time for nothing...I don't know. 

Congratulations to the scum team for your victory.  You earned it. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #434 on: June 13, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »
It's not that it is Serela's fault.

It's that when Serela is alive at LYLO; town loses. It may or may not be Serela's fault; indeed; recently it has not been Serela's fault, but it's like a bad luck charm or a running theme or something.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #435 on: June 13, 2014, 12:58:48 PM »
Well originally the joke was because it seriously was almost always, by a decent chunk, my fault >_> (Or entirely)

I think I've won 2 lylos in the 4~ years I've been playing here and the thing is, I /in for basically every single game and it's pretty uncommon for me to get lynched or nightkilled (so I make it to lylo whenever it happens), which is kind of stunning no matter how you think about it. This isn't counting that recently when I roll scum I've been doing great :D
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #436 on: June 14, 2014, 02:47:43 AM »
it's pretty uncommon for me to get lynched
this can be fixed

also i've NKed you like three times.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #437 on: June 14, 2014, 03:07:36 AM »
I'm p.sure I've only been nk'd like 2 times, it must have been you for every single one!

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #438 on: June 14, 2014, 11:02:24 PM »
I also don't get lynched often, Serela, so I guess that means we're on the same level! *highfive*

Serela now my bro.