Author Topic: Reminder, RikaNitori is a no-drama zone.  (Read 2725 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Reminder, RikaNitori is a no-drama zone.
« on: September 17, 2013, 10:02:46 AM »
Lately I have been detecting unwanted behaviour on this forum section. I would like to remind everybody sadly on the rules of RikaNitori and our general forum rules. RikaNitori is simple: 

- No Drama.
- Respect each other's work.

Period.

You don't have to like a script or game made by someone. Though this doesn't grants you the right to bash it with ill commenting or badly written reviews. If you have nothing valuable to add in terms of constructive criticism and helping the author improve, you might as well stay away from the post button. We treat each other with respect. I don't care about any other personal group or circle outside the boundaries of MotK. You keep your drama to yourself and off the boards and IRC.

No hostile external commenting
On top of this, I want to point out the following: External reviews or comments, i.e: reviews/comments posted through the use of a MotK user, will be frowned upon. If the person has something to say, register on our forum and post it yourself. No channelling through the users of MotK. If the person was banned, then that is your own problem.

I hate policing, so I am not going to stick around, breathing in your necks to check whether you're being a nice user or not. Though if we detect abuse among users, we will act and the involved user shall meet possible punishment. I hate to announce this, but enough = enough.

Exclusive
There is one exclusion I shall invoke on this which is granting everyone a fair chance to promote their work, banned or not depending on your history and well behaviour. If a restricted user wishes to promote their work or release them, let him/her contact me on IRC or through a friend on MotK. I shall then discuss the details to get the work running or how it is promoted. However the "poster" in the name of the restricted user is responsible for his/her actions. Any ill behaviour shall result in removal of related work.

Leave the modding to us
If you want to help new users out, do it in a civil way by providing the links to proper resources. Even if he/she didn't proper read the rules, keep it civil. No bashing, no drama, don't act as a mod. As I said, I hate policing. Scaring off users or giving bad impressions is unwanted in our forum section. Make the best of it as you represent the community.

Last but not least:

Use the report button
If you think a post is offensive, unfitting or requires mod-attention, report it, we'll look into it and deal with it accordingly.

This thread will be open for questions, civil discussions and other things. Please make use of it while we're at it. Thanks.

Helepolis, moderator of Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments

Edit: Some wording and clarification changed regarding the exclusive rule and external commenting.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:02:18 PM by Helepolis »

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Re: Reminder, RikaNitori is a no-drama zone.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »
So there are avenues for banned users to put their work on this forum? I mean, what happens when they contact you?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:30:27 PM by Imosa »

Drake

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 07:58:59 PM »
There are avenues for other users to act as communication relays for the banned users to keep having a voice here. We're open to reformed users being able to contribute , but for some it just gives us a reminder of why they were banned in the first place.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »
Exactly how it is. People contact me, we have a chat and decide how to work it out. People with a poor reputation will have to be questioned, though I am always willing to listen. even if the user is denied I will listen to their story.