Author Topic: Chester-low Project  (Read 2680 times)

Chester-low Project
« on: April 23, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
Hello everyone!
I am pleased to present my first little boss danmakufu my first "big" Boss project.
For context, it is Suwako attacking heroin to celebrate the remembrance day  of the suwa-war.
Just one thing,  I could not start the music with sript so, you must read music beyond the script
Enjoy~

http://www.mediafire.com/?pwbmewy6bxzmwaq

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Chester-low Project
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
Used VSync patch for th_dnh and still I get 30 FPS on some parts of the fight (eg. blue pellets nonspell.)

Something XutaWoo-y

• Adorable Weaponsmith
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 09:13:22 PM »
Okay, playing with a IN-style Reimu solo player.

Nonspell 1
A nice way to start up. No really comments on this.

Towers of the Two Spirits of blahblahblah
It took me a while to get this spell, but it's pretty good. Pretty easy, though.

Nonspell 2
Another nice nonspell. Cyans tend to blend together, but I guess that's the point.

Pillar Totem Possessed
...You really need to make your spell names shorter. Anyway, this one is fun and frantic. I like this.

Nonspell 3
I think your nonspells are harder than your spells. Still good.

Bubble Trap
This one's also pretty good, and it looks cool too.

Super Diving
...I don't get this? Forced to bomb, as it just gets too messy to dodge.

Nonspell 4
Oh look, it's the basic Extra boss nonspell. Good to see you!

Froggy SHOOT
Well, this looks and plays nice...although you can get rid of the clone's lasers. Also, perhaps some sound indication that the clone's about to attack? Would help a lot.

Sky vs Earth
The timing here is really harsh, considering you have to weave through ofuda. Perhaps increase the time before laser bullets are fired?

Suwa Fountain
Random bullets. There's...really nothing to comment on.

Also, Suwa could use a larger bullet hitbox; sometime shots that should hit her don't. And perhaps you should use SetDamageRate and lower the spell's health, so that the bars are shorter.

Though, that background-and the patterns in general-look really good! Suwa's pulsating aura also looks nice. It's definately a good first release, or first plural at any rate.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 11:28:14 PM »
Having playability issues. The script keeps slowing down considerably or just outright freezing up on certain parts. I have no idea what causes this, but it does this consistently on certain parts of the script. I have no issues with any other scripts.

EDIT: It seems the freezing up happens when she fires certain shots. The bullets themselves do not appear to be the source of the problem, since after they are fired, they move around just fine.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:37:18 PM by Maitirade »

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 01:15:03 AM »
Ignoring the slowdown, it's overall really nice and fun. Some parts are way to difficult and others are too easy, though.

There's a bug on Froggy Shoot. If you trick Suwako's clone into the edge of the screen, her lasers will dissapear, killing the point of the spellcard.

Oh, and btw, her labyrinth and fountain card look just like some danmaku drafts I've made in the past.
By any chance.... did you steal my notes?~  :3 /jk

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »
And, oh! Xutawoo has already posted what I wanted to say! Thanks a lot, I don't have to do anything now. :|

If anything, Version Fail