Author Topic: Danmaku Fighter - Beta v0.3 Released  (Read 17442 times)

Re: Danmaku Fighter - Beta v0.23 Released
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 03:03:53 AM »
It's far more playable now, I'm starting to see where you're trying to get at game-design-wise.
This game desperately needs custom sprites though.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 03:07:55 AM by Master Bigode »

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 03:22:09 AM »
Well, thanks for the good news. I've been working hard at both making it playable, and making sure it's unique gameplay wise. My finals are coming up, so I haven't been able to work on it as much as I would have liked to, but I believe I made some good progress in the last couple of weeks.

The problem with getting original sprites that is a general lack of sprite artists out there, or at least ones that know about/willing to work on this project. And of course, making sets of animated sprites is no small task. I would be more than willing to put in original art assets, but I am not an artist. I haven't spoke to Serina in a while, but she said she was starting on an original sprite for the game.

As always, I'm looking for help on the non-programming ended of things. If you're a good artist, composer, or just good at designing danmaku patterns, please contact me and you'll be part of the team.

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 06:33:08 PM »
Alright. Finals are almost over, which means I can start working on this again.

If anyone has any major bugs to report, or any features they want implemented, just post it in here and I'll be sure to try to get to it.

If there's any bullet pattern scripters out there that want to work on this project, please reply to this thread. I'd like to get that part of the system more complex.

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 03:06:30 AM »
I've said this several times over IRC but i don't think you ever got to add it in so i'm posting this as a reminder lol

i *still* think it's really wierd for the characters to jump and fall in straight lines (90 degree
angles)
while you already added acceleration their jump paths are still straight lines, they should go in some curve instead

to get this effect, you'll need to set max speed upward when you jump, and keep adding some constant speed downwards to mimic gravity
(I said speed + downwards because i'm now sure if your game uses a flipped Y axis for its code lol)
This will give the impression of gradually being pulled by gravity, but this should only happen during falling states

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 02:43:45 PM »
Yeah, I haven't really got around to it much at all in the past couple of weeks, because of final assignments and exams.

Should be able to this week though.

Edit: Okay, it's fixed mostly, should be in the next version.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:34:23 PM by XDest »

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 08:31:05 PM »
One long standing bug:

If you hold 7,8 or 9 after a jump, you will just walk (or stand still if you hold 8 ) instead of jumping again.

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 08:59:10 PM »
One long standing bug:

If you hold 7,8 or 9 after a jump, you will just walk (or stand still if you hold 8 ) instead of jumping again.

Should be an easy fix. I'll report back when I get it done.

Edit: Got it done, it just stops your moving if you're not holding the left/right buttons when you get down. I didn't want it to autojump when you held the button.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:24:19 PM by XDest »

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 02:04:43 AM »
Update for v0.3:
- Huge performance upgrade. A lot less is going on every frame in general. If you had slowdowns before, you might be completely fine now. Tested on several bad PCs, getting full speed.
- Hit sparks are in.
- Combo counter changed http://boonce.org/up/9216_newcombocounter.png
- Chen is almost done, just one spellcard to go.
- Jumps are properly curved, aforementioned bug is gone.
- Jump canceling after connecting with a move or having it blocked is in.
- Spellcard scripts that can spawn multiple bullets and define how many frames they spawn the bullets at were added.
- Huge upgrade to scripting of normal bullets, and scripting of movement types. Things like homing and familiars are now much more possible in the engine, and Chen makes use of these.
- Properly angled bullets.
- Marisa's 6C and Master Spark now have big charge time outside of a combo, and an effect to show it's charging so you can react to it.
- If your opponent has a spellcard out, your hitbox vs projectiles shrinks to an 8x8 square.
- Animated spellcard bgs, with the ability to have it unique for each character.

There's probably more I'm forgetting, it'll be out in a few days I think.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »
something should be done about the awkward flight...

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2010, 06:51:40 PM »
What's awkward about it? It seemed fine to me.

Re: Danmaku Fighter - Beta v0.3 Released
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 05:09:04 PM »
BETA v0.3 RELEASED!
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxk842bxp1zzy9d

Screenshot: http://boonce.org/up/9567_chensuper.png

I thought I'd get some more work done before releasing this, but this is a pretty solid release I think. Chen is now playable, lots of things have been added/changed. I'm releasing this now because I don't know when I'm going to get back to work on this yet. Next week I think I'll get to work on a couple more characters, since the engine itself is getting more solid.

I'm creating another general engine from scratch as a separate project that's taking up quite a bit of time.

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »
Any chance for an AI in the future?
It seems a lot of fun though!
Oh and sfx and a timer would be nice too, but I think the AI would be most important!
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »
There should be a round timer in normal play right now of about 3 minutes a round.

AI? Possibly in the future.

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 02:27:14 AM »
The AI Patch: (just copy it to the folder where you unzipped the game)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ubwawf3u81ab13l

Select two characters in training/versus, then click "AI: Off" to toggle. I think it's pretty difficult right now, but I'd like to keep it that way. I'm having tons of fun with this. More characters coming soon, hopefully (I've got another project going now too).

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DanmakuFighter
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:56:02 PM by XDest »

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2011, 06:36:10 PM »
When playing two player, the controls sometimes mess up and the second player end up controlling the first players character.

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »
I'm guessing you pressed Num Lock. Which means the numpad keys end up being arrow keys.

Not all that much I can do about that unless I make 2P's controls different.

Atfyntify

• Danmakufu worshipper
  • I worship Danmakufu
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2011, 05:23:33 PM »
Hey err....How do I get the enemy to fight?! the enemy isn't fighting at all, and that makes things BORING. Well how anyway? an attacking and strong enemy will be appreciated. thanks!
I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOUHOU 14!

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »
Perhaps there's no AI code yet. Be patient.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2011, 10:59:32 PM »
The AI Patch: (just copy it to the folder where you unzipped the game)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ubwawf3u81ab13l

Select two characters in training/versus, then click "AI: Off" to toggle. I think it's pretty difficult right now, but I'd like to keep it that way. I'm having tons of fun with this. More characters coming soon, hopefully (I've got another project going now too).

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DanmakuFighter

Read the thread properly before posting.