Author Topic: [Opinion Request] Project Name: Keine's Classroom  (Read 2744 times)

[Opinion Request] Project Name: Keine's Classroom
« on: May 19, 2016, 05:48:36 PM »
[While I have absolutely no idea where this thread I do need to press on as I feel this is important to me.]

My fellow fans, I come making an account to request your thoughts on a very special project I am currently at work on. What I am to doing is making a video guide series set within Gensokyo for the touhou games. To make sense in-universe, this will all take place within Keine's school within the human village. This guide is task to give advice, tricks, tips, boss strategies, and a basic manual to help those who need it. My main goal is to take away the intimidation the games leave on people so they can play comfortably. At the same time, I would like to try to add some charm so viewers can enjoy it all the same. I know NOW that there's a section here that has guides, but I would like to make one that's more accessible to anyone. (Fans, newbies, and people wanting to get into the series alike.)

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
Re: [Opinion Request] Project Name: Keine's Classroom
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 03:47:21 AM »
Could you give us a little more information about your project? There's not too much to go on.

In what ways will your project be more accessible than the guide section we have in this forum, as well as the Touhou wikis? What is the format of your video guide series going to be like? (If possible could you give a outline on how a sample episode would look like?)
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 07:20:00 AM »
I know there's Moedan that has done some of what it sounds like you're suggesting by allowing you to practice different types of shooting patterns and AI aiming techniques.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 12:47:47 AM »
Could you give us a little more information about your project? There's not too much to go on.

In what ways will your project be more accessible than the guide section we have in this forum, as well as the Touhou wikis? What is the format of your video guide series going to be like? (If possible could you give a outline on how a sample episode would look like?)

This is something that will be placed on youtube for anyone online as an overall resource on the net which makes it overall accessible to anyone. Not everyone's going to have the sense of mind to check a wiki(let alone realize there is a guide on one. I didn't even know there was one or at least a noticable one.), a forum is not everyone's first place to think when searching for a guide for a game series known for it's difficulty, and while the Eirin section is nice, I don't think looking at replays will be just enough. Don't take me wrong, it's nice there are people here kind enough to help, but it would be nice to have something easier to find for anyone and something leave a stronger impression, like the games.

As I explained, the videos are meant to be set within Keine's Classroom. That means, Keine herself will be explaining everything that will mix from a shot with her in her classroom and the appropriate gameplay footage(That will be recorded by me). The classroom and Keine is going to be purposely drawn bad for two reasons. One, as a cute way to show a depiction of a kid drawing a picture for their favorite teacher and POV shot of the student. Two, Voice Acting aside, I am doing all of this myself, I am terribly at drawing, and I have no money nor the means to commission any formal assistance. The format with pretty much be stuff set around a theme. So with the manual, it would be something like "Basic Self Defense - 101" or something of the sort with a high level for stuff like a higher difficulty setting. When going on the topic of certain game, their game specific mechanics with be touched apon as a lesson and the meats of the lessons would be centered around the bosses and their spell cards. To make things interesting, chronologically, they would be set around same time of the game in question with a concerned keine. To brake things apart, we may see some of Gensokyo's residents popping in every now and then doing whatever. I may add in for some attention to detail stuff like Mokou sitting in on the class on handling Kaguya if you are every forced into a Danmaku competition with her, Reimu (along with Marisa and Sanae on different occasions) being guest lecturers for some lessons, (Maybe on the subject matter of the basic manual) maybe Nitori comes in with flying segways to help convey (to the forth wall) the controls, and even Yukari coming in to explain the boundary of death. Stuff like that to give some charm and some entertainment value mix in on the actual guide. That way you have something a little more endearing while having useful info condensed all together. A welcoming hand if you may.

This is mostly a passion project since I haven't really seen anyone do anything of this nature before (as far as I know and I've been searching for YEARS) which I find surprising since this fanbase really does accomplish some really amazing things. We've gotten studio/professional quality games, anime, songs, and even toys from it all. It's shocking to say the least a comprehensive guide for anyone that wants to get into the series or simply having a hard time with games hasn't really been made yet. Closest I've seen are these embarrassingly bad attempts to explaining what touhou is. This really made my want to open up and really try to reach out to my fellow fans and hope to hear their thoughts and feels on this matter. Prior to the start of the project, I haven't really talked to anyone that was really a fan of something I liked before so talking to someone within the same fanbase is still fairly new to me so I don't know the main stream stance on stuff.