Author Topic: [Art] Zork art threat of Artyness!  (Read 4454 times)

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
[Art] Zork art threat of Artyness!
« on: September 28, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »
Well since I haven't posted in my original thread since back in December wasn't sure weather to create a new topic or necro the old one, but I figured since its pretty much dead and didn't even have that many posts anyway and it would be better to start a new topic  in the long run.

As for artwork, I'm mainly gonna be posting the stuff I do at College along with anything else I happen to do as well in the meantime..

For now I'll start with posting the watercolour stuff I did on Thursday

and a unfinished sketch of Senbonzakura Miku I did while at college too during my lessons when I was bored

Edit: and now for Marisa

Edit2: And now for a Byakuren I did about an hour ago.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand looking at just now, I notice her right hand is BACKWARDS! GG ME!

And any criticism on the anatomy of the sketches is welcome!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:49:12 AM by Zork787 »
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: [Art] Zork art threat of Artyness!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 01:38:07 AM »
I think that your Byakuren's right hand is flipped (the thumb finger should be in the other side of the hand).
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 02:11:29 AM »
That finger would actually make sense if we didn't see her palm instead of hand's back side. :V

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 02:17:39 AM »
http://www.posemaniacs.com/tools/handviewer/

This is great for hand references, among other things.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 07:30:10 AM »
I think that your Byakuren's right hand is flipped (the thumb finger should be in the other side of the hand).
That finger would actually make sense if we didn't see her palm instead of hand's back side. :V

Yeah I noticed that I derped her hand AFTER I added the scan to the post :V

http://www.posemaniacs.com/tools/handviewer/

This is great for hand references, among other things.

I shall bookmark this for future use!

Also I have a question, for those of you that have been drawing for a while now, when it comes to Gesture Drawing, how long did it take you guys to get any good at it and any tips that would be useful to someone thats just getting into Gesture Drawing?

Ibaraki

• 茨華仙
  • Keeping things disciplined
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 09:09:41 AM »
Your style is rather familiar, but I cannot really put my finger on who.
Are you developing your own style or is it influenced by other artists you consider great?

--edit---
Ahhh, it kinda reminds me of Karaagetarou.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 11:02:57 PM »
Your style is rather familiar, but I cannot really put my finger on who.
Are you developing your own style or is it influenced by other artists you consider great?

--edit---
Ahhh, it kinda reminds me of Karaagetarou.

Yeah I'm still developing my own style, and I actually don't really look to any particular artist for inspiration though that might be something I need to look into and I've never actually heard or seen that artist's work before :V

Also have a Cirno

Her left hand looked a lot better before I inked it and I really need to stop using soft B pencils for doing raw sketches in future lol

should prolly also note that Byakuren and Cirno were drawin on A5 Paper.

Edit: Ok I'm TRYING to ink the Byakuren drawing I did before but no matter how hard I try, I can't make the lines come out smooth and it's making me want to tear my hair out! Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated!

I also haven't really found a good brush setting I'm comfortable with and the actual outlines just tend to come out really BLERG to me so any tips for brush settings would be great too.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:03:57 AM by Zork787 »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »
well in the end I decided to just do the inking IN SAI as trying to use Photoshop for the inking was just getting me frustrated more than anything else, and I'm redoing certain parts to improve on the anatomy and areas that just look "odd" in general (including that right hand :V) though I'm not really too sure how the folds should look on her right sleeve though

Ibaraki

• 茨華仙
  • Keeping things disciplined
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 11:50:32 AM »
Cannot spare my 2 cents for inking or coloring since I cannot do both, at all. But I think I can give a bit of pointer for this:
Also I have a question, for those of you that have been drawing for a while now, when it comes to Gesture Drawing, how long did it take you guys to get any good at it and any tips that would be useful to someone thats just getting into Gesture Drawing?
It requires practice. If you have drawn a lot of things in various situations or poses, you should have no problem doing Gesture Drawing.
My friend's teacher once said something roughly about how you should observe your subject thoroughly and draw the line that defines its essence before proceeding.

... that's as much as I can remember. Sorry if it doesn't help much.

Speaking of which, your paper looks rather dirty. Just like me before.
Get a scrap piece of paper and put it under your hand when you draw, lesser smudges that way!
It worked like a charm for me. See if it can help you too.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 08:01:35 PM »
Cannot spare my 2 cents for inking or coloring since I cannot do both, at all. But I think I can give a bit of pointer for this:It requires practice. If you have drawn a lot of things in various situations or poses, you should have no problem doing Gesture Drawing.
My friend's teacher once said something roughly about how you should observe your subject thoroughly and draw the line that defines its essence before proceeding.

... that's as much as I can remember. Sorry if it doesn't help much.

Speaking of which, your paper looks rather dirty. Just like me before.It worked like a charm for me. See if it can help you too.

I think I get what he ment and after seeing that I decided to buy The Smudge Guard to see if it helps can get it from http://www.smudgeguard.com/ if your interested

Also an update on Byakuren

Now if only i knew how the folds worked for the clothing, and I REALLY need to get an eyelash style down one of these days

Edit:
Have a Flandre WIP
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:50:55 PM by Zork787 »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 01:13:46 AM »
Well I know I haven't posted here in a while but I felt like dabbing my hand in doing an art stream or 2.

And who knows, perhaps this might be the thing I need to get myself into drawing more actively too (I hope :V)

Gonna be streaming over at http://www.livestream.com/zorksartstream though I might move over to either twitch or j.tv depending on how livestream decides to cooperate with my interwebz.

Edit: Not gonna bother for now seeing as I can't find the stylus for my tablet at the moment, plus its rather late for me and I'd rather get some sleep if I'm completely honest so I might try again tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:47:09 AM by Zork787 »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 06:25:11 AM »
well seeing as I haven't posted anything in a while have some Miku I drew a few weeks ago at college when I was feelin rather down

Prolly won't finish it but, eh?