Author Topic: Shoot the Bullet English Patch Release!  (Read 80501 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Shoot the Bullet English Patch Release!
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2009, 05:42:08 AM »
That review warmed the cockles of my heart, perhaps even to the sub-cockles.  Thank you very much.  The only thing though is where you've written "Spellcard titles turned out well:" you have shot of the music title.

Also, its awesome to hear that you ran without a hitch under WINE, especially since the patch is tailored for Windows.

Whoops! Thanks for the heads-up on the music titles, heh. Fixed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 05:46:09 AM by Amaterasu-ōmikami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Ramza

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2009, 07:34:04 AM »
Small thing: The th095e.exe file doesn't have the icon with the "E" on it (like the installer does) like most of the other english exes. Not that important though.

Also, what was the actual reason behind needing a different score.dat for the english version? In every one of the other patches, I'm pretty sure they both share the same one. What's different about StB? It would be nice to be able to play both language versions and not need to clear everything twice (or just do everything in the JP version, then convert it using the patch, which kind of defeats the point)

Finally, did you say you removed the text on the best shot? On the english version, my best shots are garbled text at the moment, but they are copied data from the other. Maybe it would just be better to not display it in the english one like you were doing, to allow both exes to use the same data as well.

Thanks for all the work though, it's nice replaying things in my natural language.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:44:41 AM by Ramza »

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2009, 04:44:09 PM »
Small thing: The th095e.exe file doesn't have the icon with the "E" on it (like the installer does) like most of the other english exes. Not that important though.

Also, what was the actual reason behind needing a different score.dat for the english version? In every one of the other patches, I'm pretty sure they both share the same one. What's different about StB? It would be nice to be able to play both language versions and not need to clear everything twice (or just do everything in the JP version, then convert it using the patch, which kind of defeats the point)

Finally, did you say you removed the text on the best shot? On the english version, my best shots are garbled text at the moment, but they are copied data from the other. Maybe it would just be better to not display it in the english one like you were doing, to allow both exes to use the same data as well.

Thanks for all the work though, it's nice replaying things in my natural language.

First off, yeah I never bothered to figure out how to hack the custom icon into the exe, this probably won't happen unless there's a substantial reason for me to put out a new version (which I really hope there isn't).

Next, I thought the separate save files was a cleaner way to do things, since A) it allowed a convenient way to start over from scratch on the patched version without deleting/renaming your old save, and B) it resolves a previous issue with English titles appearing in the Japanese version, which I thought was sloppy.  If you plan on playing both versions and are worried about consistency, all you have to do is copy the contents of bestshot to bestshot_e, and scoreth095.dat to scoreth095e.dat (or vice-versa depending on which one has more progress), no need to re-run the patch to do it for you.

Lastly, the text on the bestshot had been removed, but with the latest version I put it back in, since English titles could be display, but like you said, copied data from an unpatched version will display garbled text until you get a new bestshot for the scene.

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2009, 05:10:55 PM »
This is extremely minor:

The text above Extra when it isn't unlocked reads "Complete all 66 scenes", but there are more than 66 scenes between 1-1 and 10-8.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2009, 05:32:07 PM »
This is extremely minor:

The text above Extra when it isn't unlocked reads "Complete all 66 scenes", but there are more than 66 scenes between 1-1 and 10-8.

Fixed, update if you feel like it

Also, finally got around to making a wikia page.  This page also has a link to the patch's source code, which has everything you need to rebuild it as well.  I suggest taking a look for those of you interested in making patches in non-English languages.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Shoot_the_Bullet:_English_patch
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:02:49 PM by drywall »

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2009, 06:40:40 PM »
This isn't concerning a problem with the English patcher, it's just a problem concerning using it was a repacker.

Basically, I've extracted the contents of the patch and dumped them into the route directory. The patch will run as normal, and then stop when it hits custom_e.exe. $PLUGINSDIR's custom_e is currently in StB's root directory, so it's trying to copy that and replace the same file. Of course, renaming or deleting custom_e means it can't go on further with the patch because it can't find it.

It could probably be worked around by changing the order in which the files are patched.

Thanks if you look into this.

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »
This isn't concerning a problem with the English patcher, it's just a problem concerning using it was a repacker.

Basically, I've extracted the contents of the patch and dumped them into the route directory. The patch will run as normal, and then stop when it hits custom_e.exe. $PLUGINSDIR's custom_e is currently in StB's root directory, so it's trying to copy that and replace the same file. Of course, renaming or deleting custom_e means it can't go on further with the patch because it can't find it.

It could probably be worked around by changing the order in which the files are patched.

Thanks if you look into this.

Changing the order of patched files wouldn't help as long as you're running the unpacked version of the exe in the same directory as your StB install.  The patch utilizes two main directories to get its work done, homedir, which is where the patch itself lives and is usually a temp directory, and work_path, which is the StB install directory you provide.  As long as these two paths are equivalent that custom_e copy step will always fail since python doesn't like it when src and dest are the same file.  I wasn't aware of this, but I don't see a need to fix this issue since it should never occur as long as the patch is run normally.

Just what exactly are you trying to do by running the unpacked version?  It wasn't clear from your post.

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2009, 10:27:53 PM »
I'm making a few no hitbox th**.DAT files for the games, I already have the files prepared, so it's just a matter of me scraping around for repackers or anything I could use as one.

The unpacked .exe had a similar structure to the PCB English patch; which is why I was using a similar method. PCB's English patch contains two folders: $_OUTDIR and $PLUGINSDIR. OUTDIR had another folder named th07, which contained some more folders that held the files to be replaced. I can add/remove files from there and effectively make-my-own patch - which is what I'm trying to do with StB.

neko

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2009, 06:08:27 AM »
I got the following error...

Code: [Select]
Repacking patched files to C:\Program Files\東方文花帖\th095e.dat, please wait a moment...
Error: dat repack failed
datpacker: couldn't open C:\Program Files\?????\th095e.dat for writing

Can somebody help me?

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2009, 01:28:12 PM »
I got the following error...

Code: [Select]
Repacking patched files to C:\Program Files\東方文花帖\th095e.dat, please wait a moment...
Error: dat repack failed
datpacker: couldn't open C:\Program Files\?????\th095e.dat for writing

Can somebody help me?

Rename the folder 東方文花帖 into something not japanese.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

atanok

« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2009, 10:22:32 PM »
The patch is being absolutely FABULOUS!

I've run through the whole game and couldn't find any noticeable issue, except for the description on stage 10-1, as seen here:

"It must of been charged from dead person."

Also, have a couple of replay videos I just uploaded:

Level 10
Level EX

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2009, 02:57:50 AM »
"It must of been charged from dead person."

DAMNIT

nice replays btw

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2009, 03:34:32 AM »
You should of checked the grammar and not just the spelling.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »
A nice Japanese fellow emailed me the other day asking for help modifying the images in StB, so I whipped up a little program that can do the job and I thought I'd share it here in case anyone else was interested.  It's not too hard to use but it might be a little rough around the edges since I threw it together in about an hour, use at your own discretion.

Get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzho20zmjv5/stb anm patcher.rar

It's a little big (about 27 megs) since it also contains a full image and .anm file rip from StB.  Also note you will need another program to repack the patched .anm files. I recommend datpacker-5 although I'm not sure where to find it off the top of my head.

I'll also take this opportunity to mention that I recently made a minor update to the actual patch, details in the 1st post.

take it easy

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2009, 06:57:01 PM »
A nice Japanese fellow emailed me the other day asking for help modifying the images in StB, so I whipped up a little program that can do the job and I thought I'd share it here in case anyone else was interested.  It's not too hard to use but it might be a little rough around the edges since I threw it together in about an hour, use at your own discretion.

Get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzho20zmjv5/stb anm patcher.rar

I LOVE YOU.

« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2009, 01:45:13 AM »
v1.1 EDIT: ...If you decide to upgrade from a previously patched version, make sure to uncheck "Copy Unpatched Data" if you don't want to overwrite any progress you've made...

*sigh*

It's a good thing I always back up my folders when I apply English patches, because I followed those instructions and it wiped all the save data.

I guess I'm stuck with English patch version 1.0 for now.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2009, 01:22:24 AM »
Hey, just a heads up. For some reason, the link to the StB patch (the one hosted on touhou.net) won't work any more unless you put "www" in the link:

http://www.touhou.net/patch/stb_english_patch_v110.rar

Can we correct this?

CarefreeCat

• Frog Devourer
    • My youtube account
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2010, 09:15:55 PM »
Whenever I try to install it it says that it's not a valid Win32 application. What's that supposed to mean?
*too busy chewing on frog legs to make a siggy*

CarefreeCat

• Frog Devourer
    • My youtube account
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »
Nv, now it's working. strange.
*too busy chewing on frog legs to make a siggy*

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »
I can't install the patch, and therefore I can't install the english patch.
I wonder what's going wrong? it stops at about 80%

drywall

• yare yare daze
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »
I can't install the patch, and therefore I can't install the english patch.
I wonder what's going wrong? it stops at about 80%

Are you referring to ZUN's 1.02a patch? If so I might know the problem... I believe ZUN's patch requires you have all the original game files, including the readme and other text files. I know I've seen versions of the game available through torrents and such that don't include all the supporting text files so the 1.02a patch would fail.  Send me a PM or something listing of all of the files available in your StB install directory and I'll let you know if anything is missing.

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2011, 08:51:05 AM »
is there any way to use english patch without using zun 102a patch?