Author Topic: omegastar shorts  (Read 2934 times)

omegastar shorts
« on: April 15, 2011, 01:34:26 PM »
my first  touhou fanfict it's about short conversation between mokou and aya. since i'm still new at writing fanfic i think it's better if i hear some opinion from more experience writer in this forum.
---------------------------------------------------

It was a quiet night in gensokyo where nothing unusual happen and every youkai and human already asleep in their house. Everybody except one person...

?damn it! That Kaguya really done it this time!?

Fujiwara no mokou, a immortal who live near the bamboo forest of lost was treating her wound that was probably caused by another fight with the princess of eientei,kaguya houraisan when suddenly someone knocking on her door.

?knock knock?

?a person? Who is it at this time of night??
?knock knock?

?alright,alright, i?m coming?mokou walked toward the door opening it as she put on her shirt.

?oh..., it?s you.?

The person knocking on the door are none other than aya shameimaru, the tengu who?s well known for her bunbunmaru newspaper.

?ayaya... not a very warm welcome is it??

?what do you want this time shameimaru? mokou shrugged as she produce a flame on her hand.

?c-calm down! I?m here just for some interview? aya panicked as she trying to calm mokou down.

?fine, come inside? mokou put out the flame on her hand.

?th-thank you?

?hmph?

Aya accepted mokou invitation and went inside her house, a small runt down house that looks like could be destroyed anytime.

?not a very good house is it?? said aya after looking at the condition of mokou home.

?shut up, here, i make some tea for you?

?so anyway...? aya took a sip of her tea then start asking mokou question ?i heard there?s a huge fire at the bamboo forest this morning, are you the one started it??

?yeah? mokou grumpily answer the question.

?and the reason is...?

?the usual?
?ah... princess kaguya is it??

?yeah, her and that prank loving rabbit of hers?

?so it?s princess kaguya and tewi?? aya keep writing down in her notebook while she asking more question to the annoyed immortal.

?yeah, those two really getting on my nerve these days?

?what did they do to you anyway??

??well, for the past two week kaguya and her rabbit keep pulling childish pranks on me like making pitfall near my house,stealing my food,or firing danmaku at me?

?that does sound very childish? aya continue to write about kaguya pranks on mokou on her notebook.

?it is. Even thought she?s already over millenium year old?

?so you got tired of her pranks and challenge her for another deathmatch again?

?pretty much?

?did you win??

?nope, she ran away before i could finish her off?

?i see? aya close her notebook and stand up ready to take her leave. ?thank you for your cooperation for this interview,please look forward for tomorrow newspaper?

?wait, you?re leaving now? At this time of night??

?yes, is there a problem??

?of course it is. Youkai usually very active and powerful at a time like this. I know you?re strong but, if you got surrounded that will be the end for you?

?then, what should i do??

?i think it?s better if you stay here for tonight.beside, it?s kinda lonely by myself every night so i think it?s good to have somebody to talk with?

?heee...?

?what??

?you?re surprisingly kind for a person with scary face?

?shut up or i?ll kick you out?

?sorry, i won?t do it again?

?hmph?     

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:37:08 PM by omegastar »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Re: omegastar shorts
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »
Hm. I see a few grammar errors here and there, a bit of "no caps makes kippy one irritated dude" syndrome... Really, other then that, It's good. But really though, You should use capitals when proper, i.e names and beginnings of sentences and such.

atoms2ashes

• I am lame, and I shall not be forced to become otherwise.
  • Fresco makes everything better.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 01:53:52 PM »
The dialogue seemed sort of...one-sided. Aya just basically asked Mokou if she started the fire and why, and Mokou asks her to stay the night. There's not much action or story to go around, plus the lack of correct punctuation made it hard to actually feel the scenes.

Great job though.

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »
Pretty much what the other two said. There's lots of potential for that conversation to become really nice, though. There always has to be some action in stories, not just talking heads.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 04:11:08 PM »
Yeah, what they said.

Besides some grammar mistakes here and there and the caps thing, it's pretty good for a first fanfic.
Madness?