Author Topic: [Art] Crow used Roost!  (Read 96321 times)

Re: [Art] Crow used Roost! [s](no pokemon, sorry)[/s]
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2012, 03:21:35 PM »
haha~ it seems very special , i like this style ~moe !

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2012, 01:54:40 AM »
Hey, it hasn't been two weeks yet!

These are just touch ups of a previous drawing. I just added color and more details. Also concept arts for an idea I'll never execute.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
No replies.  :fail:

I was practicing poses and the texture of ice. Link to the pose, for the curious. It doesn't look like Cirno, does it?

I'm not sure whether I should have put Utsuho there on top or not at all. Behind Satori (DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HER, EH), who is holding the flag, are zombie fairies carrying scythes. Inspired by this. (Danbooru warning)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:23:20 PM by Pwn'd Crow »

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2012, 01:42:19 PM »
You are getting better coloring skills I think.

Why did you put the Sky-kanji in the Yukari drawing? :)

And for me in that Utsuho pic, that giant fire ball should make some light effects in the rest of the picture, like create a shadow of the zombie-army in the ground. Also that Flag pole should be thinner, there's no way that Satori can hold it with that size  :P
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »
@Kaze: I'll probably answer the sky kanji question when I get to doodling someday.

As for the fireball lighting:

GIMP doesn't have any blending when it comes to using filters. Now everything looks reddish.  :colbert:

Playing around with layer blending. I picked Burn and got this.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:32:23 PM by Pwn'd Crow »

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »
Playing around with layer blending. I picked Burn and got this.

Whoa, not only does this look really good but I'm intrigued by Yuyuko as a samurai. Gives me this image of her as a daimyo and having Youmu as a samurai retainer rather than just a bodyguard/gardener.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2012, 05:12:11 PM »
Now that fireball pic looks more badass :P

Whoa, not only does this look really good but I'm intrigued by Yuyuko as a samurai. Gives me this image of her as a daimyo and having Youmu as a samurai retainer rather than just a bodyguard/gardener.

Yuyuko-daimyou, I want to see this :)
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2012, 03:45:46 AM »
Gives me this image of her as a daimyo and having Youmu as a samurai retainer rather than just a bodyguard/gardener.
Yuyuko-daimyou, I want to see this :)

Work in progress.  :V

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »
I hate how my urge for drawing goes on and off. It's like a switch.

For an RP group on deviantART.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2012, 04:04:42 AM »

Work in progress.  :V
If that's in progress, I'd love to see the complete version.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:30 PM »

Yaaay light effect, nice job, a gif of this pic with the flames moving would be interesting :P

?
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2012, 12:37:22 PM »

Pretty :3

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2012, 01:55:42 PM »
Yessss. Comments!

Moving on.

?

I do not like the way the background turned out. I tried to color the background as much as possible with layer blending, but the blurry white surrounding the figures- I don't like it. And, of course, the lack of anything in the background besides the sky is driving me nuts. The Netherworld is obviously not that empty.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2012, 03:43:36 PM »
And, of course, the lack of anything in the background besides the sky is driving me nuts. The Netherworld is obviously not that empty.
Perhaps try figuring out where they'd be standing like that?  Are they in front of the Saigyouji mansion?  Are they near the Endless Stairs?  Or are they in some other area where all you can see are trees or something?  The Netherworld's usually identified by its iconic cherry trees(And I'm not even mentioning the demonic one...), isn't it?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »
Perhaps try figuring out where they'd be standing like that?  Are they in front of the Saigyouji mansion?  Are they near the Endless Stairs?  Or are they in some other area where all you can see are trees or something?  The Netherworld's usually identified by its iconic cherry trees(And I'm not even mentioning the demonic one...), isn't it?
...I'll try my hand at architectural sketching. Thanks for the advice.

Since I'm studying photo manipulation at school, my teacher allowed my class to goof around with GIMP for a day before we got to the actual lessons. So I messed around with layer blending.

None of them are particularly new, so I'll just link to them. Here's one, and here's another.

Also coming is another pic, which I will edit in to this post.

Tah dah.

I tried to copy Takehito Harada's style (of Disgaea fame), and I really couldn't pass up the opportunity to do Reimu in a Female Samurai's outfit. After finishing this, I took a look at my line art. It was a mess. :fail: At least I learned a bit about anatomy.

Source image here.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:35:44 PM by Pwn'd Crow »

« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2012, 12:17:46 PM »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 14 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
Hooray.

I've been playing a lot of Total War: Shogun 2 lately, if that has to do with this. Calligraphy style + screen blending = ???

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2012, 02:16:03 AM »
No replies. :fail:

Bleh.

At the insistent nagging of one of my friends, I made a non-Touhou OC.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2012, 02:40:37 AM »
Hooray.

I've been playing a lot of Total War: Shogun 2 lately, if that has to do with this. Calligraphy style + screen blending = ???
I did like this one. So warm-looking.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »

Bleh.

Satorin  :3

Hooray.

This one looks nice but for me it could become better if you apply light effect on the guy at the right too. He should be "monochromatic" only if he was in the front of the Sun and the observer, or something like it :P
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2012, 12:40:19 PM »

Bleh.

reply.jpg

« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
This one looks nice but for me it could become better if you apply light effect on the guy at the right too. He should be "monochromatic" only if he was in the front of the Sun and the observer, or something like it :P
Yeah. I was actually deciding on whether to do that or not, just to stick with the whole Japanese screen and ink style. I'll take that to mind.

Okay which Touhou does this look like

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »
Hatate?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

fondue

• excuse me

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2012, 03:06:26 PM »
Okay which Touhou does this look like

Murkrow plz
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2012, 01:21:24 PM »
Hatate?
Murkaya!
Murkrow plz

Although it did look like Hatate... :fail:

I practiced drawing samurai armor. The one in the picture is Yuyuko, if you were wondering.

And I'll be busy the next two weeks because of exams and projects, so this thread is going to be collecting dust again.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:22:59 PM by Pwn'd Crow »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2012, 04:10:35 AM »
Oh my gosh yes! :* This is exactly the kind of thing I love: Satori ruling everything.

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2012, 11:58:14 AM »
ONE WEEK. ONE WEEK OF EXAMS AND PROJECTS. I'm still in the middle of my quarter exams at this time of posting, too.
Oh my gosh yes! :* This is exactly the kind of thing I love: Satori ruling everything.
:* I wuv you too.

I really must stop drawing simply portraits.

I did take traditional painting lessons before, and I'm trying to apply what I learned as much as possible to its digital counterpart. I have no idea why I chose to draw TD!Youmu. *shrug*

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2012, 12:10:11 PM »
Samurai Yuyuko should have a giant hand fan at her back instead of a flag with hand fan drawings  :V

Wow nice job with this Youmu painting , the colors at her dress looks awesome :3  My criticisms:

1- Where is myon?
2- Your drawing contains an overwhelming failure, her ribbon is on the wrong side of her head :V
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2012, 12:25:41 PM »
Samurai Yuyuko should have a giant hand fan at her back instead of a flag with hand fan drawings  :V

Wow nice job with this Youmu painting , the colors at her dress looks awesome :3  My criticisms:

1- Where is myon?
2- Your drawing contains an overwhelming failure, her ribbon is on the wrong side of her head :V

Samurai!Yuyuko was just a rough sketch.  :derp:

1) I tried drawing Myon, but I didn't know how to handle the transparency with the gray background. It would have been impossible to make a clear Myon.
2) Oh well.

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
Sketch dump incoming. Also schoooooooooool.

There aren't many things that I actually sketched. Guess who I drew!