Author Topic: First Danmakufu Scripts (Now With More Stuff :D)  (Read 13271 times)

KuraiShoka

• Now son, don't touch that cactus...
  • Son, I Am Dissapoint
First Danmakufu Scripts (Now With More Stuff :D)
« on: December 26, 2010, 05:14:03 AM »
Heh, I'm still kinda nervous about this  :ohdear:
Oh well, I'll get it over with :U

Hi there :D I just learned Danmakufu a few days ago, and it's been a big priority of mine to make a Touhou Game of my own. I started making a stage 6 - ish boss when I read some Touhou 13 speculations and realized my supposed "OC" was a lot like the ideas of some people. I've got 2 Non-Spells and 2 Spellcards done, and before I move on, I just want some feedback. Is my scripting any good :D?

http://www.mediafire.com/?be56374xu3t96fm

Also, I've been reading the fourms for a while, so I know some things about some people. Sorry to Naut if you read this, since I only have a normal-ish difficulty  :V
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:10:04 AM by KuraiShoka »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: First Danmakufu Scripts
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »
Quickest. Download. Ever.

Hey there, KuraiShoka. Welcome to RikaNitori, and I hope you enjoy your stay! I'm Mewkyuu, the little idiot who make all of his scripts either too hard or too gimmicky. Nice to meet you! Hope you don't run into any of my bulets...

Spell Card Attack!!
Review "Mewkyuu's Complaint -Easy-"

Well then. This one's actually possible. Haha.
For the first nonspell, I suggest increasing the density of the falling bullets, and putting in a few "upward-falling" bullets as well...

Ok, now we have a standard spell card. Not too gimmicky and not too hard. (This type of spell card is what I aim to make but always screw up at the difficulty part... :ohdear: )

Here we have a "Star Sapphire"-type non-spell, and it's easier than Normal! Conratulations, you made me fall asleep.

Ok, so we have this thing where the boss fires 8 bul-
* Mewkyuu loses a life unexpectedly
Where did that come from?
* Mewkyuu presses invincibility button
I can say this one is way cheaper than YummyLychee's Ho-oh endstage enemies. I'll stop there.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:22:35 PM by Mewkyuu »

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 07:07:51 PM »
You know, for a beginner, this is amazing. Your danmaku design is pretty good!
What you really need to work on, though, is fixing the difficulty. Nonspell 1 is Lunatic, Spell 2 is Normal, Nonspell 2 is Easy, and Spellcard 2 is nigh impossible.

I'm not a Lunatic kind of player, nor am I a big guy on Lunatic-difficulty scripting. So I'm pretty much only here to judge you based on the idea that this is Stage 6 Normal difficulty.

Nonspell 1, make the side shots a little less dense.
Spell 1, may I suggest that you get rid of the fireballs and 05 bullets? They hamper the aesthetics of the pattern and are useless obstacles. Too many bullet types also makes things hard to read.
Nonspell 2. Amazingly easy, and doesn't fit well with the first nonspell. Increase the bullet density, and speed the bullets up if you want.
Spell 2 - Amazingly hard. Everything comes at you too suddenly. Make those initial eight bullets slower. Increase the time between each wave of butterflies homing in on you, and make them start out slow, then accelerate. Considering everything's been really colorful so far, I'd suggest you give those bullets a little more color variety.
Also, it seems the script always lags right before shooting those eight bullets.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 07:14:41 PM »
Zengar reviews!
Nonspell 1 makes me remember one EES' first phase. However, the boss' main shot (The circling part) is too dense for this.
About the first spell, I don't think the object lasers should be bomb resistant. Oh, and same about the fireballs: They seem out of place.
2nd nonspell is the other extreme, it's very easy. A little bit more dense, or maybe aimed bullets may do.
2nd speel is damn cheap. At least aim away from the player, I mean damn :V

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:59:13 AM »
@Mewkyuu: Thanks you, I hope I can enjoy my stay here as well.
@KrackoCloud: You're kidding, right? I didn't think the designs were that good myself XD

@ everyone: I see that the opinion is the same for pretty much everyone on this.
1st Non-Spell has been modified for the side bullets to be less dense, the circle pattern emmitted from the boss has been lowered. However it left me somewhat unsatisfied, so I decided to add a laser aimed at the player every 2 seconds.
1st Spellcard now has no fireballs, the orange butterflies simpy create a circle (so that this spellcard dosen't look too much like the second one)  and the white bullets have been modified so that they fire at a constant rate from the boss's Y cooridante. Also, Dai-V.I.V.I.T., I'm not sure why the curvy lasers are bomb-resistant, as they're simple LaserC's  :V
2nd Non-Spell  has a second wave of bouncing bullets, almost identical to the first spellcard's green bullets. It also has the 1st non-spell's lasers.
2nd Spellcard: I found out why it lags so much before the bullets spawn. I accidentaly put the Sound Effects inside the loop :V The rate at which the butterflies are spawned at was lessened slightly, from i*60 to i*80, the original white bullets's speed was changed from 6 to 2, and the butterfly speed was changed from 2 to 1. It isn't that hard anymore, but it does take a while to finish.

I've decided to go ahead and finish this, so my goal is 5 Non-Spells and 6 Spellcards. As of now I have 3 of each, and once I'm finished, I will release the full version :D

Happy Holidays Rika and Nitori~

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 03:22:57 AM »
Hahaha, I thought they were OBJ_SINUATE_LASERs. :V

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 04:09:12 AM »
New Update with 4 Spellcards and 5 Non-Spells:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fiyexs8l7ftgtdx

I wanted to wait until I was finished completely with this, but considering the fact school started, my progress will soon slow down to a crawl. I thought I might as well post what I have done now. Everything from the first released is either modified or replaced all together. Also, can someone check out the second Non-Spell for me? I wanted to work on that, but the object laser wont fire for whatever reason :V

Hyouga Kazu

• Legend Seekers, 0th Division Leader
Re: First Danmakufu Scripts (Now With More Stuff :D)
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 10:25:01 PM »
Downloaded, played, lemme go through it.

Non-spell 1
Pretty mean how those small bullets get behind you from time to time.
It's less blinding than in the previous version so that's definitely a plus.
Would make a great spellcard, but a little too hard for a regular attack IMO.

Non-spell 2
What can I say? It does absolutely nothing!
I tried editing it but I've never worked with object LASERS before. And please indent properly when you ask others to look at it. Common programmer courtesy.
It's easier for yourself too because it's harder to miss any missing {} (forgot their name)

Non-spell 3
Nice! When I saw that stream of knives my first thought was: "Oh no way in hell! Preparing to bomb!"  :V
Then they stopped and moved really slow. A bit too close to the player though. Gives you almost no time to react when the knives start moving again.

Non-spell 4
That one was fast and dense. Simply said: it was hard. Yet possible.

Non-spell 5
Those circles are large. :ohdear:
Makes it easy to get trapped. Easier than Sakuya's knives in EoSD.

Seasonal Imbalance
The small green bullets are really close to eachother. Makes this very hard. Had to use my focused speed 1 character to capture it.

Evolution and Expansion
It's still challenging but a lot more reasonable than the one in the older version. I think I like this spell card.  :D

Also, I wanted to make a replay out of this but then I figured you can't view a replay of a player script you don't have. Or so I think.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:32:46 PM by Karanum »

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 01:06:16 AM »
Non-spell 1
Pretty mean how those small bullets get behind you from time to time.
It's less blinding than in the previous version so that's definitely a plus.
Would make a great spellcard, but a little too hard for a regular attack IMO.

The bullets from behind were an idea from Mewkyuu which seemed ok at the time, but you're right. I'll remove those for the next release.

Non-spell 2
What can I say? It does absolutely nothing!
I tried editing it but I've never worked with object LASERS before. And please indent properly when you ask others to look at it. Common programmer courtesy.
It's easier for yourself too because it's harder to miss any missing {} (forgot their name)

It was going to turn into something else, but after HOURS of trying to edit it, I got nowhere. I'll do SOMETHING with a laser for the 2nd non-spell  :V

Non-spell 3
Nice! When I saw that stream of knives my first thought was: "Oh no way in hell! Preparing to bomb!" 
Then they stopped and moved really slow. A bit too close to the player though. Gives you almost no time to react when the knives start moving again.

The whole point of it is to scare people, but I should lower the speed so people can survive it when they first play it. Also, you should've seen this non-spell before the release, it literally only left room for the player hitbox  :V

Non-spell 4
That one was fast and dense. Simply said: it was hard. Yet possible.

Density will be decreased for next release.

Non-spell 5
Those circles are large. :ohdear:
Makes it easy to get trapped. Easier than Sakuya's knives in EoSD.

Really? Like Non-Spell 3, it was MUCH worse prior to the release. I'm not quite sure how to edit the size, considering the fact that I grabbed the technique of how to make rings like those from someone else -hopes they never notice  :ohdear: -

Seasonal Imbalance
The small green bullets are really close to eachother. Makes this very hard. Had to use my focused speed 1 character to capture it.

I wanted to make them less dense, but then they wouldn't make such a nice flower figure when spawned. Then again playability is more important. I suppose I'll change it   :(

Evolution and Expansion
It's still challenging but a lot more reasonable than the one in the older version. I think I like this spell card. 

YES! One that doesn't need modification AND is liked  :D

Thank you for your review of my boss~
If you don't mind me asking, did you see the other two spellcards?

Hyouga Kazu

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 08:51:41 AM »
Really? Like Non-Spell 3, it was MUCH worse prior to the release. I'm not quite sure how to edit the size, considering the fact that I grabbed the technique of how to make rings like those from someone else -hopes they never notice  :ohdear: -
Somewhere it should say something like 50*cos(a*12) or something. After that there's the same line but then with sin instead of cos.
The number it is multiplied with (the 50 in my example) can be edited to change the radius of the circles.

Also, wait, there was a page 2?  :blush:
Review time!

Apocalyptic Meteor Shower
Yes! Captured it! It's pretty random so it's a little tricky to dodge. Not bad though.
This would be a good spellcard if the theme of the boss is speeddodging. (As in most arcade shmups  :derp:)

Crushing Tidal Waves
First thought: Mokou's Flaw of Forgiving Shrine. Second thought: Flandre's Cranberry Trap.
Stop the extra stage reverences, darn you.  :V
It's homing at you while constantly spawning new bullets, and you have to dodge the newly created bullets too.
It's a little too hard IMO, just change the homing part or make it so the player gets a breather after each 10-20 bullets or so.

EDIT: Replay
Damn, that was nasty. I think I captured some of your attacks though.
And somehow I managed to survive those hugenormous circles.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:03:10 AM by Karanum »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
Ok, let's see. I'll be back here when I finish this one.

Spell Card Attack!!
Review "Mewkyuu's Complaint -Normal-"
Replay attached is a blind run using Marisa A.

Non-spell 1:
Agh invisible-ish laser. I'll just bomb this one.
If I wait too long, the things that spray rainbow 01s get too close to the bottom, and I'll have to bomb again. Good thing it didn't fucking happen.

Spell 1:
Erm... Ok, so the curving lasers are the biggest nuisance ever. Then there's the WHITE05s...
Then there's the dense-as-hell green wave of bullets...
Ok, so to put it simply, not a fun card at all.

Non-spell 2
What? This doesn't do anything. I'll skip it and give this nonspell a 0/10.
Though I'll look in the code later.

Spell 2
Still as hard as ever.
I'd put a counter on how many times the bullets fire the homing butterflies so they don't surprisekill you when they reach the bottom of the screen.
Not a fun card either... I'm disappointed.

Non-spell 3
Gah, curving bullets! Oh wait, what are they doing!? Ah they're slowing down. Oh damn.
Well that was quite a surprise. I dunno how you would do it if you were to no-vert this script. Easy non-spell, actually. This one's alright.

Spell 3
Uhhhh... what? Oh god invisible bullets firing falling bullets!! I'll just waste a bomb TWO BOMBS on this one.
I don't know how you will survive in the Danmakufu world.

Non-spell 4
Uh... I'm out of bo- RESURRECTION BUTTERFLY. EXCEPT TEN TIMES HARDER.
* Mewkyuu dies intentionally
Ok, now to bomb the shit out of this one.

Spell 4
Uh... "Crushing" is quite descriptive of this one. My second to tenth playthrough of the script ended with a game over on this one. Dunno how, but...
Also, GLOWING BULLETS!! Dunno if you wanna change it, but I guess you should. (And I thought my unreleased Vaporeon Matrix card was hard...)

Non-spell 5
What, ANOTHER non-spell!? Doesn't a boss fight end with 2 spell cards in a row?
Oh god Mishakuji-sama again. I'm not gonna screw with this one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh. That was totally bullshit. I'm never gonna touch this script again for sure.
- By "upward-falling" I meant bullets that fired down and gradually slowed down until they move backwards...

Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go try beating this script with each of the Daifukkatsu player scripts.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:02:32 AM by Mewkyuu »

Hyouga Kazu

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 12:45:48 PM »
Isn't that pretty cruel?  :V
I can see where that came from though.

Kurai, you should try to tone down your scripts, especially the non-spells, and make them possible for yourself to capture. At least on Easy/Normal.
Try learning task scripting, since it's easier to make different patterns run at the same time. Easier than MainLoop scripting.
Finally, try not to rush a release. You released this with one script that isn't working and many non-spells that were harder than the actual spells.

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 04:57:08 PM »
Non-spell 1:
Agh invisible-ish laser. I'll just bomb this one.
If I wait too long, the things that spray rainbow 01s get too close to the bottom, and I'll have to bomb again. Good thing it didn't fucking happen.

Argh, sorry for misunderstanding that. I thought I removed the laser, it tends to sneak in through your attacks. Even I thought it was cheap  :V

Spell 1:
Erm... Ok, so the curving lasers are the biggest nuisance ever. Then there's the WHITE05s...
Then there's the dense-as-hell green wave of bullets...
Ok, so to put it simply, not a fun card at all.

You weren't the first to complain about the density of the green bullets, that's been lowered. WHITE05's were removed since they're pretty much a constant annoyance. Curvy lasers I want to keep, but their speed was reduced, and the rate at which they're fired was reduced.

Spell 2
Still as hard as ever.
I'd put a counter on how many times the bullets fire the homing butterflies so they don't surprisekill you when they reach the bottom of the screen.
Not a fun card either... I'm disappointed.

Really? After I had it changed I actually captured it :V What should be changed?

Non-spell 3
Gah, curving bullets! Oh wait, what are they doing!? Ah they're slowing down. Oh damn.
Well that was quite a surprise. I dunno how you would do it if you were to no-vert this script. Easy non-spell, actually. This one's alright.

K good, one that doesn't have to be modified much. Though I will most likely make them slow down at a higher point so that the player has more room.

Spell 3
Uhhhh... what? Oh god invisible bullets firing falling bullets!! I'll just waste a bomb TWO BOMBS on this one.

Invisible :/ ? Do you have the CtC shot replace script working? They're black medium-sized stars. And even I could capture this one  :V

Non-spell 4
Uh... I'm out of bo- RESURRECTION BUTTERFLY. EXCEPT TEN TIMES HARDER.
* Mewkyuu dies intentionally
Ok, now to bomb the shit out of this one.

You're kidding. I could go through this without bombing. If you'd like, I'll lower the speed and density of the butterflies (for normal mode, I might leave it as it is for lunatic >:3)

Spell 4
Uh... "Crushing" is quite descriptive of this one. My second to tenth playthrough of the script ended with a game over on this one. Dunno how, but...
Also, GLOWING BULLETS!! Dunno if you wanna change it, but I guess you should. (And I thought my unreleased Vaporeon Matrix card was hard...)

How fast are the bullets? Because I DID change it to be much slower and capturable, but now that I'm thinking about it, I might have done that AFTER making the rar file.

Non-spell 5
What, ANOTHER non-spell!? Doesn't a boss fight end with 2 spell cards in a row?
Oh god Mishakuji-sama again. I'm not gonna screw with this one.

Well yes, but that's usually the 5th and 6th spellcards. If I'm not mistaken, Byakuren is the only final boss to have only 4 non-spells. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. Again with this one, I modified it but I don't think I put the easier version in this release. That's what I get for rushing to release at midnight :V

Apocalyptic Meteor Shower
Yes! Captured it! It's pretty random so it's a little tricky to dodge. Not bad though.
This would be a good spellcard if the theme of the boss is speeddodging. (As in most arcade shmups  :derp:)

It seems a little too random to myself as well. I don't know what to add/take out, but I'll figure it out.

Crushing Tidal Waves
First thought: Mokou's Flaw of Forgiving Shrine. Second thought: Flandre's Cranberry Trap.
Stop the extra stage reverences, darn you.  :V
It's homing at you while constantly spawning new bullets, and you have to dodge the newly created bullets too.
It's a little too hard IMO, just change the homing part or make it so the player gets a breather after each 10-20 bullets or so.

As I said with Mewkyuu, I made this much easier but I left the hard version in the release :V

Also, took you guys long enough to notice that this boss fight is highly nostalgic (I'm surprised nobody compared Non-Spell 3 to Remilia and Non-Spell 1 to Kaguya)

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 05:18:59 PM »
I can't play this script because I don't have CtC's shot_replace thing.
So hm, anyone ...? There's a download link in the shot replace thread but it's broken. (^_^;;;

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
I can't play this script because I don't have CtC's shot_replace thing.
So hm, anyone ...? There's a download link in the shot replace thread but it's broken. (^_^;;;

XD A friend of mine ran into the same problem last night. I couldn't find a working link, so I uploaded it myself.
http://www.mediafire.com/?a17lb6dss9juik2
Just extract inside your main danmakufu folder. I'll warn you right now, this script is experimental, and I'm still working on it. If you want to download it just to play, wait a few days until I release the final version. If you're downloading it to review it and tell me what can be modified, go ahead and play it  ;)

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »
Review:

Non-card 1:
This one is pretty slow paced. Maybe it would be more interesting if the rainbow bullets were faster...

Card 1:
Too stationary. Maybe you should get rid of the white bullets and make the lasers aim at the player.

Non-card 2:
Hm

Card 2:
Slow, but I like the concept. I recommend getting rid that big white bullet that goes to the bottom of the screen (to prevent clipping), and making the aimed butterflies faster.

Non-card 3:
Trivially easy.

Card 3:
A fast paced card, I like it, but there's something about it that makes it feel kinda random...
BTW the star-shaped bullets are hard to see.

Non-card 4:
The bullets might be a little too fast.

Card 4:
Nothing to add.

Non-card 5:
As said before, the circles are too big. (or maybe there's just too many of them on-screen at once ?)

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »
Non-card 1:
This one is pretty slow paced. Maybe it would be more interesting if the rainbow bullets were faster...

I actually agree with you, but I can't make the spawn of the up and down bullets move faster :I

Card 1:
Too stationary. Maybe you should get rid of the white bullets and make the lasers aim at the player.

The lasers ARE aimed at the player :V

Non-card 2:
Hm

Don't worry, I fixed it and it's almost ready for the next release.

Card 2:
Slow, but I like the concept. I recommend getting rid that big white bullet that goes to the bottom of the screen (to prevent clipping), and making the aimed butterflies faster.

Well if I make the butterflies any faster, then I'll have to reduce the quanity. Personally I prefer a card with more slow bullets than less fast bullets. Again, that's just me.

Non-card 3:
Trivially easy.

You're the first one to say that :V I think I want to leave it like this. Most final bosses have at least some easy things.

Card 3:
A fast paced card, I like it, but there's something about it that makes it feel kinda random...
BTW the star-shaped bullets are hard to see.

Randomness was modified to be less....random. Not totally patterned, but it is less random. Also, I can add some delay on the spawn of the fire bullets so the star bullet is easier to see.

Non-card 4:
The bullets might be a little too fast.

Also going to be toned down a little for normal, this version might be the lunatic one.

Card 4:
Nothing to add.

Yeah, in fact the bullets were going to be made slower. Actually, I might have them stay stationary, sort of a pressure card where the room you have shrinks.

Non-card 5:
As said before, the circles are too big. (or maybe there's just too many of them on-screen at once ?)

I'll make them smaller.

Thank you for your review :D

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »
Do you plan on changing that Cutin? :U

Nonspell 1 - Much better. The first one shoots bullets from behind you, which is a big pain. Maybe make the bullets' spawn points have lower y-value change.
Nonspell 2 - Nothing to change. You best design of the whole fight.
Nonspell 3 - Use a bit of acceleration, when stopping and resuming. It won't change much, but it'll make the pattern seem smoother.
Nonspell 4 - Nuuuts! This one is a bit hectic, and very hard to read.
Nonspell 5 - Nuuuuts! Sometimes the circles aren't complete. Also, tone down the size a bit. I might add this is very similar to Aya's nonspells and one of Suwako's spellcards. So it doesn't feel that special.

Spell 1 - Good stuff! A little tough, but it's nice.
Spell 3 - Those black stars launch fireballs all the way until the end of the screen, which can make for some bad situations. This card is too fast and unpredictable - Unsatisfying and feels uninspired. I can't say much to improve it, maybe make it a little more procedural?

The butterfly spellcard has been greatly improved! But looking at this and the tidal wave spellcard, I've noticed that they're... Quite special.
They're quite hard, yet I don't want to tone them down - If you did, you would change the feel of the card. They're slightly gimmicky, and I think they'd be better suited to an Extra stage boss. And the spellcards I'm seeing... Maybe it's just me, but they feel so varied it honestly wouldn't be a problem to turn Kami into an Extra boss.

If you want to keep it a Stage Final boss, then use more of the same bullet types. That way, you really feel like you're going up against the same person. Building off of that, I'd like to suggest that you find a spellcard background. It's absolutely amazing how that changes the feel of a fight.
Second, try to fit the difficulty a little better. Study danmaku. This shouldn't be too much of a problem, you're already pretty close.
It's hard to tell from all my complaints, but I think you're on the right track, and quite far at that.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 05:30:33 AM »
Argh, sorry for misunderstanding that. I thought I removed the laser, it tends to sneak in through your attacks. Even I thought it was cheap  :V
[suggestion]I guess you might wanna look out for this type of thing and replase the laser with a ring of coins or something.[/suggestion]

You weren't the first to complain about the density of the green bullets, that's been lowered. WHITE05's were removed since they're pretty much a constant annoyance. Curvy lasers I want to keep, but their speed was reduced, and the rate at which they're fired was reduced.
By the way, the curvy lasers have a really annoying hitbox -- they can hit you even before the actual graphic touches the sprite.

Really? After I had it changed I actually captured it :V What should be changed?
Ok, so after a few playthroughs (like, 11) I actually captured it too.
I think you should make the bullets not be able to fire the butterflies if they're a certain distance away from the player (say, 150 px).

K good, one that doesn't have to be modified much. Though I will most likely make them slow down at a higher point so that the player has more room.
brb, fighting hibachi

Invisible :/ ? Do you have the CtC shot replace script working? They're black medium-sized stars. And even I could capture this one  :V
I mean, the star bullets look like they aren't there, when putting them on top of the dark-blue spell background. Try replacing them with regular WHITE58s. Also, please make the stars slower... :ohdear:

You're kidding. I could go through this without bombing. If you'd like, I'll lower the speed and density of the butterflies (for normal mode, I might leave it as it is for lunatic *equals three*)
I'm not fucking kidding, bitch.  :flamingv:
I swear, even the Lunatic players could chase after you for making it like Resurrection of Heaven's Liquor type Lunatic.

How fast are the bullets? Because I DID change it to be much slower and capturable, but now that I'm thinking about it, I might have done that AFTER making the rar file.
Well, the bullets are relatively slow. NOT SLOW ENOUGH.

By the way, have you been playing my scripts?

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 06:07:15 PM »
Just a quick little note guys, final release is planned for the end of the month. By then I hope to have fininished her sprites, cutin and background. LOTS of things are different, but you'll have to wait for that ;D

If by some miracle I finish all that before the end of the month, I'll make her entire stage and midboss!

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 08:06:11 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but I'm not going to work on this anymore. At least, not until it's released with the full game.
Yup, this is going to turn into an ACTUAL GAME

Things planned so far:
 - The game will have Reimu and Marisa as playable characters. They will have selectable partners like in Subterranean Animism, but the partner will have independent shots and speed like in Imperishable Night. So far I have Reimu's partners as Yuuka, Shinki and Rin Satsuki (the scrapped playable character from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil). Marisa's planned partners are Koishi Komeiji, Flandre Scarlet and of course, MIMA.

-Selectable Routes similar to Concealed the Conclusion's gameplay. Everyone shares Stages 1, 5 and 6, but 2-4 will depend on the player and partner (I have yet to play the routes, so that's one of the things I want help from people).

-An original story: The legendary Dragon was a god that is worshipped by humans and youkai alike. Its statue resides in the Human Village, and its eye color can predict the weather. But when red, the eyes fortell of an incident. Recently the dragon's eyes turned red, but nobody seems to find anything wrong. Is it simply a mistake, or is chaos soon going to engulf Gensokyo?
Spoiler:
Dragon god will be the final boss, Iku Nagae will be the stage 5 boss as the Messenger of the Dragon Palace

So what do you think? I encourage some criticism and suggestions :3

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 11:43:32 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but I'm not going to work on this anymore. At least, not until it's released with the full game.
Yup, this is going to turn into an ACTUAL GAME
ZUN forbiiiiid.

Things planned so far:
 - The game will have Reimu and Marisa as playable characters. They will have selectable partners like in Subterranean Animism, but the partner will have independent shots and speed like in Imperishable Night. So far I have Reimu's partners as Yuuka, Shinki and Rin Satsuki (the scrapped playable character from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil). Marisa's planned partners are Koishi Komeiji, Flandre Scarlet and of course, MIMA.
Mima.
Haven't we enough shit about her already? After Fifteen, I'm qutie skeptical about it... (Oh wait, Marisa-Mima shot type would be lol. Never mind about that.)

-Selectable Routes similar to Concealed the Conclusion's gameplay. Everyone shares Stages 1, 5 and 6, but 2-4 will depend on the player and partner (I have yet to play the routes, so that's one of the things I want help from people).
I'll go play it for you.

-An unoriginal story: The legendary Dragon was a god that is worshipped by humans and youkai alike. Its statue resides in the Human Village, and its eye color can predict the weather.
the weather.
the weather.
the weather.
the weather.
I stopped reading THERE. No longer original.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 12:17:06 AM by Mewkyuu »

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 11:59:12 PM »
ZUN forbiiiiid.
D:
Well don't worry, I have 3 friends who agreed to test the game and give me help with balancing things like difficultry.

Mima.Haven't we enough shit about her already? After Fifteen, I'm qutie skeptical about it... (Oh wait, Marisa-Mima shot type would be lol. Never mind about that.)

Well I couldn't think of anybody else for Marisa's 3rd partner, but I didn't want to use someone thats already been used like Alice :I

I'll go play it for you.

Sorry, type. I meant to write plan (believe me, I've played plenty of CtC). Though right now It's looking like I'll end up using previous final bosses, similar to CtC.

No longer original.

If you bothered to read past the part where I said weather, you'd realize this is nothing like Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. I only mentioned the weather because other than incidents, the Dragon Statue predicts weather (according to Perfect Memento)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 12:16:39 AM »
D:
Well don't worry, I have 3 friends who agreed to test the game and give me help with balancing things like difficultry.
3 friends? Stage 72 oh shit
I hope that isn't what I think it is.

Well I couldn't think of anybody else for Marisa's 3rd partner, but I didn't want to use someone thats already been used like Alice :I
C'mon, why not Nue? Seriously, you already have the other two terrors.

Sorry, type. I meant to write plan (believe me, I've played plenty of CtC). Though right now It's looking like I'll end up using previous final bosses, similar to CtC.
And that means?

If you bothered to read past the part where I said weather, you'd realize this is nothing like Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. I only mentioned the weather because other than incidents, the Dragon Statue predicts weather (according to Perfect Memento)
Believe me, I've been there before. Don't worry.

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 12:25:32 AM »
C'mon, why not Nue? Seriously, you already have the other two terrors.

Marisa and Nue? That just sounds weird :V  Also, what do you think on the Reimu partners? Any changes?

And that means?

For example, Route A (which would only be playable by Reimu/Rin or Marisa/Koishi as default or after beating Phantasm with any other team) would have Sakuya as Stage 2 Midboss, and Remilia as the Stage 2 Boss. Then they would proceed to Eintei where Eirin could be the Stage 3 Midboss and Kaguya the Stage 3 Boss. Finally, they'd go up to the Moriya Shrine and fight Sanae (or Suwako because I like Suwako) and then Kanako.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 04:56:46 AM »
Marisa and Nue? That just sounds weird :V  Also, what do you think on the Reimu partners? Any changes?
Marisa and Nue has never been done before. Hurry up and be the first to do so! Go go!
Reimu with Yuuka doesn't really sound "correct" until I look at it enough times. Then again, it would be weird with Reimu having (the original) Master Spark as a bomb.
Reimu with Shinki is... well...      I'll say Yes only if you put in a Devil's Recitation bomb.
Reimu with Rin is ok, though.

KuraiShoka

• Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 05:47:11 AM »
Marisa and Nue has never been done before. Hurry up and be the first to do so! Go go!

Eh....sure, why the hell not  :V

Reimu with Yuuka doesn't really sound "correct" until I look at it enough times. Then again, it would be weird with Reimu having (the original) Master Spark as a bomb.
Well I was thinking of giving Marisa a Master Spark bomb and Yuuka either Dual Spark or one of the attacks from her PoFV bomb.

Reimu with Shinki is... well...      I'll say Yes only if you put in a Devil's Recitation bomb.
That's most likely her bomb, considering it's what usually ruins my runs of Mystic Square :V

Reimu with Rin is ok, though.

Her shot type will most likely be something with Wind (according to the source code, her shot types were Flower Sign and Wind Sign, Yuuka already has flowers though :V),