Author Topic: [Art] Sights of Pencil and Ink ~ Sen's Art Thread  (Read 3672 times)

[Art] Sights of Pencil and Ink ~ Sen's Art Thread
« on: February 26, 2010, 08:31:27 AM »
Er, I'm not totally sure what the rules about personal art threads are, so if I'm making this in error, someone please inform me. I don't draw Touhou art terribly often, am I allowed to post it here or is this restricted to Touhou-only?

Well, uh, after Sakana decided that LIBRARY SQUAD should be part of Ijiyatsu, I decided I might as well contribute and make my own loli. Witness my awful proportions and hilariously bad Japanese writing skills.

Proportions are way off, the hair is awful, the foreshortening looks weird, what the fuck is up with her shirt and boots, everything is just terrible, ;___________;
Still, it was mostly a doodle/sketch that got more intense, and later just turned into shading practice, so...bleh, I dunno. It's pretty bad either way :(

Criticism on anything is very welcome! Tips on improving my drawings, making the design better, anything! I'm not going to get much better without you guys telling me what I'm doing wrong =D

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Re: [Art] Sights of Pencil and Ink ~ Sen's Art Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 08:59:08 AM »
Witness my awful proportions and hilariously bad Japanese writing skills.
Huh, where? All I can see is a pretty nice picture.
And it isn't the final design anyway, according to the text, so if you think it's not good enough you're going to improve it, right?  ;)

If anything, she looks a bit plain, maybe give her some accesoires?

Oh, and just clearing one thing up:
Sakana decided that LIBRARY SQUAD should be part of Ijiyatsu
Not any more. The Librarians are my/our own MotK-related fiction, not part of Ijiyatsu. 'Cause that's the game and we have nothing to do with it.  :)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
Oh, and just clearing one thing up:Not any more. The Librarians are my/our own MotK-related fiction, not part of Ijiyatsu. 'Cause that's the game and we have nothing to do with it.  :)

Wise~ ^^;;

Really nice work there Sensageun. Proportions are ok. The right arm might need a liiiiiiiitle work, but otherwise it's very well done. I like it. I look forwards to seeing more.

I sort of drew part of your character here - http://img707.imageshack.us/i/birthdaygift.jpg/

Your character's the one right below Sakana. Sakana should be quite obvious XD

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »
Dammit Gappy, why is everything you draw so cute ;_;

Uh, so, anyway, am I allowed to post non-Touhou/Ijiyatsu stuff? I have a lot more drawings of stuff for practice, or gifts for my friends, or random doodles, etc. ):

Quote from:
Not any more. The Librarians are my/our own MotK-related fiction, not part of Ijiyatsu. 'Cause that's the game and we have nothing to do with it.  :)

I think that's what I meant but didn't really know how to word it. My bad :V

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 04:04:24 PM »
Uh, so, anyway, am I allowed to post non-Touhou/Ijiyatsu stuff?

I don't see why not~  And don't worry, your proportions aren't bad at all.  At least, not compared to mine, ahah~  But yeah, that's some great work you've done so far~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 04:34:44 PM »
Oh, okay, lovely~

Er, let's see, what can I find...
-Foreshortening practice/gift for my friend
-Anatomy practice that went a little overboard
-More foreshortening practice for a Pokemon LP I'm doing elsewhere
-Bitches be crazy practice

This is all old stuff, like a month or so old. I'll try to get some more recent stuff/actually draw something soon.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 04:37:00 PM by SenSageUn »