Author Topic: Subterranean Animism - Boss Rush Patch (Satori Rush!)  (Read 60623 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Subterranean Animism - Boss Rush Patch (Satori Rush!)
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »
If I may add a suggestion it would be to kick out Parsee and make Yamame drop an extend on her final instead. :V

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2013, 06:40:08 PM »
If I may add a suggestion it would be to kick out Parsee and make Yamame drop an extend on her final instead. :V

Please don't bully Parsee  :ohdear:

She'll just get more jealous!
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 01:44:23 AM »
Why would you kick Parsee out? Is it because she's easy? Then you might as well remove Yamame and Yuugi as well.

Drake

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 01:56:00 AM »
Nereid keeps dying to Yuugi and has complained about dying to Yamame and Parsee before so they must be doing something right.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ark

• みょん
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2013, 07:21:42 AM »
But I'll die on anything, so I wouldn't base anything on my performance.

edit: I posted a clear video
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:14:13 PM by ark »

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »
I got hit by Parsee's 1st non a few days ago. Stuff happens.  :V

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2013, 06:31:30 AM »
Since you have a confirmation? in your bugs section I will give it to you.

Yes the game crashes when you pick the top option after clearing extra. I remember back in the day when I used to find her hard, now I can beat her easily without bombs.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Drake

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2013, 06:36:24 AM »
Thanks. I figured it was going to be the same as UFO since I use the same method to disallow continues and I doubt ZUN would've had a reason to change the EX clear menu to the game over menu for UFO, so. Before public release I did a run of Koishi to check, grabbed a perfect, then forgot why I was playing in the first place and quit immediately on clear, and I really just didn't want to bother running through again, doop.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:37:56 AM by Drake »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2013, 07:14:55 PM »
Nice though I will mostly be playing this for Satori.

I hope you don't mind me asking but how did you get those other spells into the game, the scripts are too confusing and I have only been able to give bosses extreme amounts of health or have them skip non spells? (You'll still get the life piece too.) I was trying to port MOF to SA awhile ago but I stopped because enemies weren't affected by my shots and there is this invisible thing that stops the stage script if you destroy it and of course since the boss dialog clears all enemies from the screen the boss never shows up. You'll get to enjoy the music though lol.

Drake

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2013, 10:54:24 PM »
I don't think you'll be surprised by me just answering "it's hard". There's little documentation about the instructions since all it does is decompile the ecl file in a readable form, much like decompiling an executable into machine code, and I don't blame xarnonymous for not wanting to study how each instruction works lol. It took several weeks to finish this and UFO for the same reason; understanding the flow of instructions is a challenge.
Porting MoF scripts into being run by SA could be done since the ecl files use the same instructions more or less, but you will very likely have to modify the executable as well in order for things to work coherently at all. I think I ran into the same problem you're talking about when cutting out the stage and patterns for MoF stage 6.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2013, 12:26:40 AM »
I can understand where you're coming from. But still even with little knowledge of the game's code you still managed to do an impressive hack.

I guess I'll just fool around with the scripts and see what happens.

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2013, 03:54:30 AM »
Lol @ the surprise buttsecks for BoWaP safespotting. You should've done the same for Orin's nonspells. :V

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2013, 03:25:08 AM »
Thanks for making this.

SA was pretty brutal compared to Ten Desires(only one I've played a lot) and I really missed spell practice mode.

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2013, 07:08:05 PM »
This truly is awesome! Thanks a lot for making this, having lots of fun with this.

Also it seems that increasing the radius on the inner circle of stars on Okuu's third spell card has inadvertedly created a new "safespot" :V
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Drake

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »
I am totally okay with that spot.

« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2013, 12:02:08 AM »
Can Marisa even get into that? It looked like a very tight squeeze through the suns.

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2013, 04:38:07 PM »
Can Marisa even get into that? It looked like a very tight squeeze through the suns.

Yeah, easily. Getting up there isn't the hard part though!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't work for me. Of course, because when i put the folder into my SA Archive, and use patch.bat, nothing appears, neither happens
I do not understand it D:

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2014, 10:43:24 PM »
y u do dis give mi bombs back

Seriously, why did you have the idea of removing the bombs? You get enough power from the bosses and planted stage enemies, and half of the shots' bombs (along with the hots themselves) are very poor. Having no continues is fine, but no bombs? Casual Touhou players can't do that. :colonveeplusalpha:

Essentially, the patch turns the game into this:
Code: [Select]
gameStart;
if Death > 0;
    then gameOver;
    else gameComplete; //No lives left
end

Too hard, Drake. Way too hard. (Same goes with the UFO patch. Of course you had to do 2 of the most difficult games in the whole series.)
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Drake

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2014, 11:19:32 PM »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2014, 01:36:25 AM »
I haven't tried it, but I think someone said using the modified .dat (renamed back to th11.dat) with the original .exe file gives you just the modified stages, for use in practicing bomb-grazing Parsee or whatever.

Not sure how well it functions though, and you should back up your score.dat regardless before trying anything of course.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:39:27 AM by Karisa »

Drake

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2014, 04:29:21 AM »
Replays will be completely broken because they won't save to the replays_boss folder and they will desync anyways. Besides that the two aren't connected enough to cause other issues, probably.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2014, 10:40:40 AM »
There's a part of me that wants bombs

and the part of me that just wants to git good

this is fun as hell though and satori is amazing now

EDIT: and apparently I'm a year late to the party
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:47:31 AM by Garlyle »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2014, 02:43:56 AM »
There's a part of me that wants bombs
Which is the whole of me right now.

Drake, how did you make this patch? I want to modify it so that I can use bombs.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2014, 05:03:27 AM »
As was already mentioned in the thread, you can rename the th11boss.dat back to th11.dat and run it with the original executable. This lets you bomb.

It also lets you continue, even though it still says out of order. I was highly amused when I realized dying to BoWaP brings you back to the beginning of the Satori, so you can enjoy Satori all over again. :D

Personally, I think no-bombs is better unless you're bombing for score or something, but whatever.